PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Lee to Northwestern State

DG Cowboy
November 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
In talking with a knowledgeable LSU fan in Baton Rouge this AM, he said around BR the word is that Jarrett Lee is transferring, but to Northwestern, because of his Bradley Dale Peveto connection.

GeauxColonels
November 16th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Haven't heard a word about that. But judging by how harsh the fans were on Saturday night, I wouldn't blame hime.

lionsrking2
November 16th, 2009, 03:10 PM
In talking with a knowledgeable LSU fan in Baton Rouge this AM, he said around BR the word is that Jarrett Lee is transferring, but to Northwestern, because of his Bradley Dale Peveto connection.

Poor Northwestern State...wouldn't wish that one on anybody.

Sly Fox
November 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I would've guessed SHSU closer to home.

NSUDemon98
November 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM

That's news to me...it hasn't been broken on the NSU forum.

Frankly, I like who we have[Paul Harris] to build around the next 3 seasons.

McNeese75
November 16th, 2009, 04:06 PM

xlolx What is a knowledgeable LSU Fan???

That rumor has been running for a year now right next to the one about him coming to McNeese. I have to believe he will be moving on and it will probably be someplace in the SLC but Peveto connection or not, I cannot see why he would want to to go to NSU after the disasterous year they have had? He might be a fit but NSU does have two young QB's that will probably develop pretty well next year. (If they don't then BDP is selling snake oil over there :D xpeacex).

NSUDemon98
November 16th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Poor Northwestern State...wouldn't wish that one on anybody.

That would be the cherry on top of the season we've had xnonono2x

Hood
November 17th, 2009, 06:58 AM
http://bayoubengalsblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/jarrett-lee-returning-to-lsu.html

This is just as unconfirmed but contradicts the original post.

Shall be interesting to see regardless. I'd love to have my Colonels square off against another castoff LSU QB and at least this time it'd be against a team we'd stand a chance of beating.

cajundemon
November 17th, 2009, 11:33 AM
We sure as hell dont want him, we have our guy and he is a future star. I know he's a Brenham, TX native so I think if he did transfer it would be to Sam or T-State.

Geaux25
November 17th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I heard rumors about Lee coming to McNeese last spring...

To me, it would be hard to build any continuity around the guy because of the reputation he's got. It may not be right, but it's the truth.

DG Cowboy
November 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I just don't understand why no QB got any experience this year at McNeese except Derrick and Beau, unless something is in the works somewhere. Else one of the other guys is good to go straight out of the box.

Geaux25
November 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I just don't understand why no QB got any experience this year at McNeese except Derrick and Beau, unless something is in the works somewhere. Else one of the other guys is good to go straight out of the box.

I have been told by a lot of folks that there is a redshirt they are grooming to become the next DF if you will...

...they say he's got an unbelievable arm.

DG Cowboy
November 17th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Must be Zack O'Quinn back from Florida this year or Stroud who was an Alexandria area star.

NSUDemon98
November 17th, 2009, 03:33 PM

... and at least this time it'd be against a team we'd stand a chance of beating.

Obviously not this year...but Jacksonville St. is just as beatable as Northwestern State.

LIONFAN85
November 17th, 2009, 03:41 PM
If Lee goes to NWST that would be another great BDP decision. Don't you guys have Ridge Turner as well?

NSUDemon98
November 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM
If Lee goes to NWST that would be another great BDP decision. Don't you guys have Ridge Turner as well?

Pretty easy to pile on, huh?

Let's not talk about poor coaching decisions...you guys had Mumme for a couple seasons.

TexasTerror
November 17th, 2009, 06:53 PM
This rumor about NWST is not what I have heard for about two months.

I had originally heard that Lee was making his way to Sam Houston State. Brenham as you all know is relatively close to Huntsville and I heard there were some connections between Lee (and guessing his family) and the folks at SHSU.

Time will tell.

NSUDemon98
November 17th, 2009, 07:03 PM
This rumor about NWST is not what I have heard for about two months.

I had originally heard that Lee was making his way to Sam Houston State. Brenham as you all know is relatively close to Huntsville and I heard there were some connections between Lee (and guessing his family) and the folks at SHSU.

Time will tell.

I don't think he'll end up at NSU. Plus Les Miles already said he isn't going to release transfers to in-state schools...FBS or FCS.

TT, I know this is off topic and we don't usually agree on things...but my heart goes out to you and your family.

McNeese72
November 17th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Must be Zack O'Quinn back from Florida this year or Stroud who was an Alexandria area star.

From what I've seen of Stroud in the scrimmages, I liked his mechanics and he is more nearer the mobile type in the mold of Derrick.

Sizewise, Zack O'Quinn appears to be more of a drop back passer with a good arm.

But I have not seen either of them play very much in the scrimmages, so these observations may not be correct.

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
November 17th, 2009, 10:31 PM

This is just as unconfirmed but contradicts the original post.

Shall be interesting to see regardless. I'd love to have my Colonels square off against another castoff LSU QB and at least this time it'd be against a team we'd stand a chance of beating.

The link you posted is OLD. Very old.

TexasTerror
January 6th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Anything new on this front...???

Dandy Don reports, "There is talk that Jarrett Lee will be transferring to a 1-AA school, most likely SFA or McNeese."

That is nothing new, since he has been rumored to go to SFA, McNeese, Northwestern St and Sam Houston over the last few weeks, months.

lionsrking2
January 6th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Anything new on this front...???

Dandy Don reports, "There is talk that Jarrett Lee will be transferring to a 1-AA school, most likely SFA or McNeese."

That is nothing new, since he has been rumored to go to SFA, McNeese, Northwestern St and Sam Houston over the last few weeks, months.

I can't imagine anybody in our league wanting to take on a reclamation project like that...no doubt a change of scenery can be good for a lot of kids but I'm not sure Jarrett Lee can be helped...bad instincts are bad instincts.

JohnStOnge
January 6th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I think Lee has very good physical skills. I wouldn't mind seeing the team I'm pulling for give him a shot at all. I'd hope they'd work with him and minimize some of the problems he's had.

lionsrking2
January 7th, 2010, 12:34 AM
I think Lee has very good physical skills. I wouldn't mind seeing the team I'm pulling for give him a shot at all. I'd hope they'd work with him and minimize some of the problems he's had.

Physical skills and playing QB are two different issues...the only way I think you can "minimize some the problems" would be to hide him in your offense, and if you had to resort to doing that, you'd probably be better off with a lesser physical talent who can make quicker/better decisions.

That said, I'd love to see McNeese give him an opportunity...or somebody else in our league.