PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering ...

Aho_Old_Guy
November 16th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Is there anything in the rulebook that would prevent the CAA divisional winners from playing a 12th (championship) game this weekend if the schedule-makers provided for it.

I understand the impracticality of possibly losing a bye-week, ending the season a week early, possible playoff teams getting a week of rest if they are not in the game ...

Sorry if this has been asked before.

GannonFan
November 16th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I was under the impression that the NCAA does bar teams from participating in two postseason tournaments. It came up when San Diego was making noise but as champ of the PFL they were committed to playing in their bowl game against the NEC champ. How the NCAA would view a CAA championship game would be the question.

Of course, regardless, the CAA is never going to play a title game for a litany of reasons.

tribe_pride
November 16th, 2009, 12:25 PM
The SWAC I believe has a post-season tourney and those top teams in each division are ineligible for the tournament I believe because of it.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 16th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I was just thinking about it as a 'money' game and national exposure for the CAA and FCS.

No way in heck I'd want to play such a game before entering the playoffs, anyway --- I just didn't know if the NCAA rules essentially prohibited it. Kinda looks like it anyway.

IIRC they make the SWAC choose one or the other.