PDA

View Full Version : App. St. in Aggie Stadium???

WestCoastAggie
November 16th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I have been having an interesting debate on the A&T Fan Board involving whether or not A&T should seek other OOC games besides just relying on the SWAC and WSSU. I am on the side of booking games with teams from the SoCon to improve our SOS. Others want to see the WSSU on the schedule so we would "pack Aggie Stadium".

I believe that a team like App. State would travel to Greensboro and pack out Aggie Stadium.

Do other Mountaineers believe the same thing and would they even want to play an improving A&T team in Greensboro?

If they did set the Home & Home series sometime next decade, would you travel to see them play?

Speak on it!

jus10asu
November 16th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Honestly I think that would be more interesting than App playing A&T in Boone. Donno if Cobb would go for it though. Would definitely bring some cash flow into the triad as was seen this weekend at Elon.

WileECoyote06
November 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
A & T and App had a series going back in the early to mid-90s. The Aggie win in 1993, was Coach Moore's last losing season.

WestCoastAggie
November 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
This series needs to start again!

AshevilleApp2
November 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I'd go in a heartbeat.

WestCoastAggie
November 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
WE could turn this into a weekend long event in The Triad. I definitely see the Mountaineer Minority Alumni all over this game.

BTW: Depending on how well the Home/Home series is, a Game in Charlotte wouldn't be out of the question with 40-50K plus Mountaineers & Aggies!

WileECoyote06
November 16th, 2009, 12:03 PM
WE could turn this into a weekend long event in The Triad. I definitely see the Mountaineer Minority Alumni all over this game.

BTW: Depending on how well the Home/Home series is, a Game in Charlotte wouldn't be out of the question with 40-50K plus Mountaineers & Aggies!

It would be a well-attended game, provided A & T can put up a significant challenge. However, I doubt that would happen as both ADs seem to favor home games, over neutral site/classic games.

WestCoastAggie
November 16th, 2009, 12:13 PM
It would be a well-attended game, provided A & T can put up a significant challenge. However, I doubt that would happen as both ADs seem to favor home games, over neutral site/classic games.

It is a stretch but as far as A&T puttin up a challenge, A&T will definitely be ready to go by the time this game would be played in 2011/2012.