PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Latest on Armanti?

Go Apps
November 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM
?

biggie
November 16th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Only thing mentioned on "Around the Mtn" was that he will be reevaluated later today.

Still listed as Questionable for this week as far as I know.

Skjellyfetti
November 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Strained knee... should be fine... may not play against Western to rest it. Should be ready to go for playoffs.

Saluki09
November 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Hope it's nothing too serious...as much as I would hate to see him in the playoffs, it would be a very anticlimactic end to a stellar career.

Skjellyfetti
November 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I don't think it's anything too serious. Just a strain.

He was able to come back into the Elon game... which they certainly wouldn't have done if they thought there was anything major wrong with it.

He might sit out Western game to make sure he's 100% for the playoffs, but I think his knee will be fine.

JMUNJ08
November 16th, 2009, 10:32 AM
If he doesn't play as a precaution, would that hurt there chances as a seed? I think so. They need to show the committee he can still play or they might be on the road in Round 2.

whoanellie
November 16th, 2009, 10:37 AM
just my opinion I don't need any flames from the App Crowd.
AE is great . Watching from the sidelines he has all the tools and he gives up his body
to make some awesome plays. He can and does take some awefully hard hits. His 3 TD performance sold me. But it takes a toll. App is running that spread option and there really
is only one. It's give and go. Give AE the ball and everyone go to hell.
It's worked but it has to add up over time. App is really good convientionally but they are
outstanding with #14 with the ball. When coach Moore gives him orders to only throw or hand off that's a clue. Oh, He's a gamer, He will play vs WCU.

bigappfan10
November 16th, 2009, 10:45 AM
yep. strained ligament. Definitely not as serious as last year's injury at the end of the season. I don't like reading where people blame an Elon player's cheap shot for the loss to Richmond though. He had several lingering issues and that was just one. Honestly, Richmond came to play and had an awesome gameplan with those two d-ends. To be honest, it's just making excuses to blame a late hit for a playoff loss. I was there that day and a really healthy AE probably wouldn't have made too much of a difference. We were confused and perhaps a little bit outcoached. But moving on...he'll be fine.

Skjellyfetti
November 16th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Upgraded from "questionable" to "day to day" for the WCU game. xthumbsupx

ASUG8
November 16th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Upgraded from "questionable" to "day to day" for the WCU game. xthumbsupx

I'd like to see him take a few snaps in the first, then let Cadet carry the day. I'm not, however going to get lulled into a trap game from the Cats - we need this win as much as any other this season.

KiddBrewer
November 16th, 2009, 04:42 PM
i say he starts, goes 2 drives, and then cadet gets to rush for 250 yards....just a prediction

T-Dog
November 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
He was fitted with a knee brace at halftime and Jerry Moore only let him go back in if he agreed not to run.

It's a strained ACL or MCL (conflicting reports on it) so it'll be 100% in two weeks. It'll be interesting to see how much he plays against WCU, considering it's his senior day and thousands of tickets have been sold based on that alone.

Appinator
November 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I would rather sweat out a close one with WCU than risk having a less than 100% AE for a playoff run. Let Cadet start, play like a full start, and if things get close, bring in Money late. Best case, he has two full weeks to rest up with no wear and tear.

nms1987
November 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Normally I'd agree with holding Armanti out against Western but Western just, somehow, beat a pretty good EKU team last week by 17 points.
We can't risk losing to WCU in any way. A loss to Western could ruin the whole year and eliminate playoff hosting

Can't risk that. If Armanti isn't healthy, he isn't healthy and you need to bench him but if he CAN play he has to, at least til be get up by 2-3 scores.

Plus, it is his senior night so it would be nice to see him a little for sentimental reasons

Mountaineer#96
November 16th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Cadet start and depending on how he is producing AE not play at all.

ThompsonThe
November 16th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Cadet is more than capable. I still laugh at the East Carolina fans that said that Cadet was better than Armanti. No doubt if Cadet had played more than 1/4 of the game, App St would have beat them like a rug, the back up QB we used since Armanti had almost cut his toe off in that game is a receiver now.

ThompsonThe
November 16th, 2009, 06:55 PM
yep. strained ligament. Definitely not as serious as last year's injury at the end of the season. I don't like reading where people blame an Elon player's cheap shot for the loss to Richmond though. He had several lingering issues and that was just one. Honestly, Richmond came to play and had an awesome gameplan with those two d-ends. To be honest, it's just making excuses to blame a late hit for a playoff loss. I was there that day and a really healthy AE probably wouldn't have made too much of a difference. We were confused and perhaps a little bit outcoached. But moving on...he'll be fine.

Armanti was fine before playing Elon each of these past two years. What are the odds. If you do not believe it by now then you never will. That cost us highly in the playoffs, AE could barely walk, much less play QB.
By the way, if you do not believe it, don't just look at the hit by #95 and the other lineman toward the end of the first half, but look at 3:29 of the first quarter when # 43 and 21 hit AE out of bounds and then walked over him like a floor mat.

PhoenixMan
November 16th, 2009, 08:33 PM
No need to play him against WCU unless he is 100%. They have won the conference, even with a loss at WCU, which I don't think will happen.

ASU_MBA
November 16th, 2009, 10:59 PM
If we can't beat western without Edwards we don't deserve a seed....They are close to last in every category....

appmaj
November 17th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Need to beat Western to get the seed.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM
AE is officially listed as Day-to-Day ----

Appinator
November 17th, 2009, 09:19 AM

Where is that posted at?

biggie
November 17th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Where is that posted at?
DJ mentioned it on "Around the Mtn" today.

As well as Coco having successful Knee Surgery yesterday with a time table of 5 months for recovery.

Shoudl hear more from JM's teleconference today.

Head Cat
November 17th, 2009, 09:47 AM

As Keith Obermann used to say "Aren't we all?" xlolx:Dxnodx

theasushow
November 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
AE WILL MOST LIKELY PLAY...ARTICLE FROM WINSTON SALEM JOURNAL

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/nov/17/asus-edwards-likely-play-saturday/

biggie
November 17th, 2009, 11:32 AM
When asked the 2nd time, the question was "Will he play", JM's response, "Yes. I believe so."

Also in the teleconference JM mentioned Coco and that the surgeons said the damage wasn't as bad as what they expected. Still the 5 months of recovery, but at least its nothing longer.