PDA

View Full Version : Big South Thread: Final Regular Season Week

ToTheLeft
November 16th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Liberty at SBU
Coastal @ Charleston Southern
Gardner Webb @ Presbyterian
Old Dominion @ VMI

The Big South title will be decided this weekend, either it will be shared, or LU will take their third consecutive undefeated Big South Championship. Liberty has never been to SBU ( at least not since they've joined the Big South ) and it will be interesting to see how we do in a new environment.

Liberty by 24 (We pull away late, game is close for 2-3 quarters)
Chuck by 10
G-W by 7
Old Dominion by 10

kdinva
November 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Liberty 34; Stony Brook 28
CCU 24; CSU 21 (OT)
Gard-Webb 31; Presby. 21
VMI 35; ODU 16

Sly Fox
November 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I admit that I am in the Keydets camp this week. Let's see what the Monarchs can do on the road in a tough road atmosphere.

wr70beh
November 16th, 2009, 10:29 AM
VMI will beat ODU. VMI played FBS Army tough last week. They're better than their record shows. They don't quit.

knucklehead
November 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Liberty at SBU by 17
Coastal @ Charleston Southern by an FG in OT
Gardner Webb @ Presbyterian by 14
Old Dominion @ VMI by 10

CarolinaGirl
November 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Liberty @ SBU - I don't think LU gets out of Long Island with a big win. Maybe within a TD

Coastal @ Charleston Southern - I would never, ever pick CSU over Coastal. I think the memory of last year's beating is still fresh in everyone's mind. We show up to play this week.

Gardner Webb @ Presbyterian - If GW can play all 4 quarters, they won't hand PC their first win.

Old Dominion @ VMI - I know very little about ODU but I think VMI finishes their season with a win.

elcid83
November 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Liberty at SBU
Old Dominion @ VMI

The Big South title will be decided this weekend, either it will be shared, or LU will take their third consecutive undefeated Big South Championship. Liberty has never been to SBU ( at least not since they've joined the Big South ) and it will be interesting to see how we do in a new environment.

Chuck by 10
G-W by 7
Old Dominion by 10

I agree that LU wins, but not by 24. I don't know what happened in Charleston Southern, but, Stony Brook has a better team than they showed last week unless they got the injury bug after beating GWU

Chas Sou vs. CCU - [This will be a good close game determined by a TD either way]

GWU @ PC - [I think we will do better than projected and win by 2 TDS. Our guys will need to have their heads right]

ODU @ VMI - [I'd take VMI in this one - they're looking hard for a W]

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs011.snc3/11858_1191276496068_1053041569_30507676_2209681_n. jpg

EagleDawg
November 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
ElCid83 - Was the photo the one of the questionable 2nd pass interference call against GW this past Saturday. I've watched a lot of football and have never seen such a piss poor call as that. There was no effort by the GW defender to hold, grab, impede or anything else. The LU player went up and over the shoulder of the GW to make a play to catch the pass, it was incomplete, and lo and behold the yellow hankie comes out after at least 2 to 3 seconds have elasped. LU is plenty good to not need any additional help from the zebra's.

kirkblitz
November 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Liberty at SBU
Old Dominion @ VMI

Chuck by 10
G-W by 7
Old Dominion by 10

LU
CSU
Presby
ODU

kdinva
November 16th, 2009, 02:44 PM
VMI will beat ODU. VMI played FBS Army tough last week. They're better than their record shows. They don't quit.

Coach London knows about that.............Coach Rocco knows (perhaps even after that Three Stooges performance in Lynchburgxoopsx), and Coach Ellerson knows, even after the refs were generous on their behalf. Army's 6'10" receiver did not have his toes down inbounds on that critical 4th quarter drive, the gift that led to the go-ahead TD. BUT, VMI did lose two more fumbles, and came up empty 3 times on 4th down. That game was VMI's to win (just like CSU, CCU, SBU, G-W.......:()

elcid83
November 16th, 2009, 03:31 PM
ElCid83 - Was the photo the one of the questionable 2nd pass interference call against GW this past Saturday. I've watched a lot of football and have never seen such a piss poor call as that. There was no effort by the GW defender to hold, grab, impede or anything else. The LU player went up and over the shoulder of the GW to make a play to catch the pass, it was incomplete, and lo and behold the yellow hankie comes out after at least 2 to 3 seconds have elasped. LU is plenty good to not need any additional help from the zebra's.

Eagle, I'm not sure if that is the play or not. I was one click away from trying to roll away from these guys.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs011.snc3/11858_1191215454542_1053041569_30507421_7146775_n. jpg

OL FU
November 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM
OK I hate to ask. Usually I would know but I haven't kept up like years past.

Has PC won a game this year?

Keenan
November 16th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Ummmm... noxdeadhorsex

knucklehead
November 16th, 2009, 03:57 PM

No, and it would be a shame to ruin that perfect record now.xcoolx

OL FU
November 16th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Ummmm... noxdeadhorsex

I didn't think so

Hoseinexile07
November 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Liberty at SBU
Old Dominion @ VMI

Chuck by 10
G-W by 7
Old Dominion by 10

Liberty by 21
Charleston Southern by 7
The Elect by 3 [We're at home, it's the last game of the season...something's gotta give]
VMI by 10

Hoseinexile07
November 17th, 2009, 07:27 AM

Despite our best efforts, no. There are signs of life though, and good things to build on for next season. xthumbsupx

gobluehose1
November 17th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Despite our best efforts, no. There are signs of life though, and good things to build on for next season. xthumbsupx

yea we've had 500 yards of offense in the last 2 games (3 for the year)....but still no W....this week maybe.

Liberty by 20 - still may be sitting home
CSU by 7 - could be 2nd in the conference
PC by 3 - homer pick, but it is senior day, offense has been clicking, last home game....
VMI by 10 - not sure ODU has seen the triple option

OL FU
November 17th, 2009, 09:10 AM

I wasn't being smart, just couldn't remember and was too lazy to look it up. Best of luck in the future.

g-webb1994
November 17th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Liberty 34
Stony Brook 23

Coastal 27
CSU 24

PC 31
G-W 27

VMI 23
ODU 17

note: the last season PC went without a win was 1957

SoccerSmells
November 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM
1994, if Gardner-Webb drops a game at 0-10 presbyterian as you predict and finishes at 5-6 what will the rumblings be up that way?

clinchBoy
November 17th, 2009, 07:41 PM
1994, if Gardner-Webb drops a game at 0-10 presbyterian as you predict and finishes at 5-6 what will the rumblings be up that way?

Are you serious? You obviously have not followed GWU in almost a decade. 5-6 is about par for the course when it comes to that program. They beat a weak d2 team, an NAIA team, pulled out a 4th qtr. rally to beat VMI and Chuck South, lost to Coastal Carolina....again, and got spanked by Liberty...again, so, to answer your question, probably an extension. xbangx

DawgFAN
November 17th, 2009, 07:55 PM

Rumblings..... There will be some who say say injuries are to blame...But, "your grandmother only dies once, and "my dog ate my homework" no longer applies. After 3 consecutive seasons of 5-6, there are no more excuses.

g-webb1994
November 17th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Win or lose, Patton is safe. Now if Patton decides that he has had enough and retires on his own is another issue altogether. There was a big rumor a couple of years back that he was going to coach another couple of years and hang it up, but that one has yet to resurface.

It has never been the style of G-W to up and fire coaches. Look at the idiot we have running the mens basketball program. He got us on probation, the president of the school lost his job in the melee, yet he remains. His butt would have been canned long long ago at virtually any other school for some of the verbal exchanges he has had with faculty members, let alone the probation.

BJuice
November 20th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Liberty at SBU
Old Dominion @ VMI

Liberty by 13
Charleston Southern by 10
Gardner Webb by 10
VMI by 6

Congrats to Liberty on what looks to be another outright Big South Championship.