PDA

View Full Version : Saw something really cool today (to the App fans)

SuperJon
November 14th, 2009, 09:55 PM
We were driving down to our game at Gardner-Webb this morning. We hit Greensboro around 9:30 or so. I saw a car flag for Clemson right when we hit 40/85 and realized they were going to State. Then I saw a car with an App flag.

Then another.

Then another.

Then another.

Then another.

All in all, from about 9:30 to 11, driving down I85 we saw more cars with App flags heading to Elon than we saw of all six of the schools going to the games in the Triangle this morning.

I know there's a lot of crap that gets talked around here, but that was an awesome sight.

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2009, 10:11 PM
That's great to hear! xthumbsupx

And congrats on y'all's win... maybe we'll see the Fightin' Falwells in Boone for the playoffs. If you were impressed with the cars on the interstate... you'll love a gameday in the High Country. xnodx

ThompsonThe
November 14th, 2009, 10:34 PM
It is about time that Liberty got in the playoffs.....they have been on the other edge more than anyone, even U Wofford.

SuperJon
November 14th, 2009, 10:35 PM
That's great to hear! xthumbsupx

And congrats on y'all's win... maybe we'll see the Fightin' Falwells in Boone for the playoffs. If you were impressed with the cars on the interstate... you'll love a gameday in the High Country. xnodx

Oh I've been there. I grew up in King. I know App.

ToTheLeft
November 14th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah, it was an cool sight to see Duke and Wake fans going AWAY from their schools, and a ton of App fans (more than all schools combined except for Chapel Hill, and even still it was pretty close) going towards Elon.

T-Dog
November 14th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I drove in east, going through Raleigh. Once I got through Raleigh, Chapel Hill and Durmham, it was just one after the other. TONS of Clemson flags. TONS of NC State fans. A few UNC flags. Five duke flags and a handfull of Georgia Tech flags.

Appattk
November 14th, 2009, 11:25 PM
And this was an AWAY game folks! Great showing by the App faithful today!