PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh 35 Fordham 28

ngineer
November 14th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Got in a little while ago from da' Bronx. While it was a wildly entertaining game for the casual fan, it was another frustrating, hair-pulling torture event for the faithful. Why oh why must Brown continue to call passing plays when the run is working??!! Then when he decides to run, does it with the worst runner on the field, Twinkle-toes Clark. He is not a natural runner. Yes, EVERY NOW AND THEN, the QB keeper works and should be used. But Brown is over-using it and an smart DC can see it coming. Luckily, FU's DC didn't see it coming enough. The kids played great...NINE SACKS of Skelton. He made his throws at times and, IMO, has a better arm than Randolph. I can see why he's going to the East-West Shrine Game. But the Lehigh D won this game with a 'game' effort. Over came adversity. The offense handed FU two short fields with turnovers and fumbling the early punt that was covered by FU in the endzone was a heck of a momentum turner. No question the last three weeks have shown the kids they can pay with anyone in the League. If only the offensive coaches would get out of the way....xsmhx

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
See what I mean? Lehigh thinks its own team blows even when it mistakenly wins over a far superior team such as the Fordham Rams. This is the history and the mindset of the beleaguered and inconsequential pile of haphazardly-dumped masonry you call home, you pathetic morons.

You suck and you have no business referring to yourselves as a "football team." Go Away. The Lafayette Valley belongs to me and my chosen brethren for the next millennium. Now who's your Daddy, bit*hes?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Sounds like someone got wet today watching the Boys in Purple, hm?

Go...gate
November 14th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Nice win for the Engineers.

dawwggboy
November 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Got in a little while ago from da' Bronx. While it was a wildly entertaining game for the casual fan, it was another frustrating, hair-pulling torture event for the faithful. Why oh why must Brown continue to call passing plays when the run is working??!! Then when he decides to run, does it with the worst runner on the field, Twinkle-toes Clark. He is not a natural runner. Yes, EVERY NOW AND THEN, the QB keeper works and should be used. But Brown is over-using it and an smart DC can see it coming. Luckily, FU's DC didn't see it coming enough. The kids played great...NINE SACKS of Skelton. He made his throws at times and, IMO, has a better arm than Randolph. I can see why he's going to the East-West Shrine Game. But the Lehigh D won this game with a 'game' effort. Over came adversity. The offense handed FU two short fields with turnovers and fumbling the early punt that was covered by FU in the endzone was a heck of a momentum turner. No question the last three weeks have shown the kids they can pay with anyone in the League. If only the offensive coaches would get out of the way....xsmhx

DITTO DITTO DITTO

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM
You pathetic morons, you, from the excretory end of the Lafayette Valley: Don't even bother. Words are not your forte. Why not try sucking the resin from one another's shoelaces just for fun.

Um . . . . you blow. I'm glad you already know that.

ngineer
November 14th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Wild. Great. LC's focus has been on #145 for two weeks and it bit them again today. And, as last year, they'll be so pissed off after having pissed away another championship shot, they'll be wimpering all the way down I-78 next Saturday and whining all the way home.:)

RichH2
November 15th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Lots of firsts tho for this yearxrolleyesx

1st time came back to win

1st game this year winning by td or less.

try as we might could not give the game back to Rams. Even more than TOs penalties were ridiculous. Some of that was atrocious refs, they screwed both teams We left a ton of points on the field. Game like this vs Pards we get stomped

When I left to go to Coffey the sun was out by me. Another rainy saturday.

i would love to know what game Brown was watching as he was calling plays. Rams cannot stop run so of course we pass. Take campbell out of game.
Hope Kennedy injury not serious altho Andrews is great. love his attitude.
Clark again good play bad play day. someone has to sit him down and show him how to do progressions Flynn was open repeatedly and Clark missed him

ngineer
November 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Lots of firsts tho for this yearxrolleyesx

1st time came back to win

1st game this year winning by td or less.

try as we might could not give the game back to Rams. Even more than TOs penalties were ridiculous. Some of that was atrocious refs, they screwed both teams We left a ton of points on the field. Game like this vs Pards we get stomped

When I left to go to Coffey the sun was out by me. Another rainy saturday.

i would love to know what game Brown was watching as he was calling plays. Rams cannot stop run so of course we pass. Take campbell out of game.
Hope Kennedy injury not serious altho Andrews is great. love his attitude.
Clark again good play bad play day. someone has to sit him down and show him how to do progressions Flynn was open repeatedly and Clark missed him

Agreed. Despite the dreary day, there were a lot of bright spots in terms of the intensity level the kids brought. I remember two years ago in da' Bronx it looked like we were sleep walking. JB missed several open receivers, but the WRs also dropped about 5..rain likely had something to do with it, but then why run when you're averaging 6 yards a carry?xrolleyesx

RichH2
November 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Exactly, Campbell having a career day so put him on the back burner.Notice that Barket was even better and used even less. Some drops but more overthrows. Clark has gotten into bad habit of throwing off his back foot.When he does pass takesoff. WRs have developed very well over the course of the season. In fact other than inconsistency at qb and asinine play calling the O units have all done well. OL has been up and down particularly with penalties but they do block well for runs. Could be better with pass protection .

One thing I will concede is that Coen has these kids up everyweek. Not necessarily coached but I have not seen them give up once this year. Tons of mistakes but never lack of effort.
Coach K has done magnificent job with D. Sort of proves the point that some coaches are great as coordinators but not HCs.xreadx

dawwggboy
November 15th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Exactly, Campbell having a career day so put him on the back burner.Notice that Barket was even better and used even less. Some drops but more overthrows. Clark has gotten into bad habit of throwing off his back foot.When he does pass takesoff. WRs have developed very well over the course of the season. In fact other than inconsistency at qb and asinine play calling the O units have all done well. OL has been up and down particularly with penalties but they do block well for runs. Could be better with pass protection .

One thing I will concede is that Coen has these kids up everyweek. Not necessarily coached but I have not seen them give up once this year. Tons of mistakes but never lack of effort.
Coach K has done magnificent job with D. Sort of proves the point that some coaches are great as coordinators but not HCs.xreadx

Would agree with the coach K comment. Food for thought. Benning over the past 6 games has been in the oppo. qb face more times than be counted. This does n ot show up in the stats but has helped to make our D something to be reckoned with. Look out "LaughEyette"