PDA

View Full Version : FAMU's out of the playoff hunt

R.A.
November 14th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Hampton 25
FAMU 0

tandemlax
November 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Can anyone add a bit of color to this score line? Anyone expecting a result like this?

seattlespider
November 14th, 2009, 04:42 PM
From talking to one of the FAMU posters, it looks like they were missing their starting WRs, QB, and their stud punt returner/CB went down in the game.

SDSUJacks
November 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM
FAMU lost their starting QB to injury, and from what I've heard, all of their starting receivers were out, too. Also, the weather conditions were bad. At the end of the day, though, a loss is a loss. It looked like this was going to be the year for the Rattlers, hopefully they can bounce back and make a run next year.

putter
November 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Being short that many players hurts but I still did not think they would get shut-out or beat that badly. Too bad for that team, they were playing well

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM
It was ugly...our back-up QB stunk up the joint today. We really looked lost today.

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Our Top Receiver going down with an injury early in the 1st quarter. We knew that we would be in trouble when or QB wnet down with an injury last weekend.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs069.snc3/13642_211708607597_177465032597_4150792_4545653_n. jpg

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM
From talking to one of the FAMU posters, it looks like they were missing their starting WRs, QB, and their stud punt returner/CB went down in the game.

I don't remember hearing Leroy Vann go down with an injury. He actually set us up for a score before haltime...our Back-Up QB threw an interception on 1st down...

It's a shame that he won't be in the playoffs this season.
...his senior season

Pitbull
November 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I perdicted a close loss to HiU but I never would have expected this type of beating....xconfusedx

Dukie95
November 14th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I've always wondered. What is the "I" in HIU for?

SU Jag
November 14th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Hampton was once called hampton institute. That's where the "I" comes from.

iceman4221
November 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM
No excuses, everyone plays on the same field IN the same weather conditions... Its not like we are talkin snow or ice and cold temperatures...

In the case of losing the current MEAC POY in your starting QB C Pulley - thats huge, if you also loss Elliott Ouch!!!

But I seriously doubt at this point of the season that there is a FCS team that has not lose 3-5 starters to injuries - some teams like SCSU have lose even more...

But the most glaring statistic for me was that HIU Ran the football AT WILL against FAMU's Defense all day long... FAMU had 4 turnovers and way to many penalties as well...

FINAL, the O-Line did not protect either C Pulley or Battle on today they were hurried the entire game... As for Battles interceptions, even Patton Manning and Brett Favre throw interceptions when the other team puts heat on them every down...

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2009, 09:34 PM
No excuses, everyone plays on the same field IN the same weather conditions... Its not like we are talkin snow or ice and cold temperatures...

In the case of losing the current MEAC POY in your starting QB C Pulley - thats huge, if you also loss Elliott Ouch!!!

But I seriously doubt at this point of the season that there is a FCS team that has not lose 3-5 starters to injuries - some teams like SCSU have lose even more...

But the most glaring statistic for me was that HIU Ran the football AT WILL against FAMU's Defense all day long... FAMU had 4 turnovers and way to many penalties as well...

FINAL, the O-Line did not protect either C Pulley or Battle on today they were hurried the entire game... As for Battles interceptions, even Patton Manning and Brett Favre throw interceptions when the other team puts heat on them every down...

Bull...Battle just SUCKS!!! He accounted for 3 turnovers. He has had 4 years(including redshirt) to prove himself. He had time to throw. I was listening to the game. FAMU's defense ran out of gas due to the offense going 4 and out on every series. The score was only 6-0 at halftime.

FAMU with Pulley, Elliot, and West is a machine...without them, we aren't as good. Also alot of teams don't have injuries hit ALL of the playmakers at once.

Also I wonder how different things would've been if our RB, Lavantae Page, hadn't gotten hurt after the first game.

R.A.
November 14th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Can anyone add a bit of color to this score line? Anyone expecting a result like this?

QB Pulley reinjured his groin in the 1st.
His backup QB Battle injured his shoulder soon after replacing Pulley.

ALL THREE STARTING RECEIVERS WENT DOWN AND DIDN'T PLAY THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME.

R.A.
November 14th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I've always wondered. What is the "I" in HIU for?

They're called Hampton Institute. There is only one REAL HU. It's not Harvard, and it sure as all h3ll ain't Hampton INSTITUTE!

WileECoyote06
November 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Yall don't think that the seniors and juniors on this years Hampton team don't have a thing against Joe Taylor?xsmiley_wix

Big Dawg
November 15th, 2009, 03:57 AM
This pretty much sums up how Saturday went for us...gotta excuse me, I'm just so PISSED

http://cmsimg.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=CD&Dato=20091114&Kategori=FAMU03&Lopenr=911140808&Ref=PH&Item=1&MaxW=550&MaxH=600&DsRadius=5&Q=90&BgColor=B4DAAD

SU Jag
November 15th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Tough lost for fam, I didn't see this one comming at all.

SU Jag
November 15th, 2009, 06:56 AM
How many of the guys will be back for the big game down in orlando next week?

Pitbull
November 15th, 2009, 08:03 AM

Let me go ahead and call it...Bethune wins that game as well....FAMU has gotten worst and BCU has gotten better...xwhistlex

Damn FAM...We had a chance to get 2 teams into the playoffs...2... xoopsx

DSUrocks07
November 15th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Let me go ahead and call it...Bethune wins that game as well....FAMU has gotten worst and BCU has gotten better...xwhistlex

Joe Taylor strikes again... xnonono2x

813Jag
November 15th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I'll be there! xthumbsupx

SU Jag
November 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM

That would be a sign of a team that just plain gave up. BCU hasnt gotten that good............................................ha ve they?xconfusedx

Big Dawg
November 15th, 2009, 12:15 PM

Hell naw...if there's a team Joe Taylor better not lose to, that would be BCU.

Big Dawg
November 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM

We don't know. I know that after halftime, Curtis Pulley was back in plain clothes. If Pulley can't play, then I honestly see this as Martin Ukpai's breakout game(freshman QB).