PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Pickem

DOME
November 11th, 2009, 12:07 PM
11:00am on the Big Ten Network
SDSU @ Minnesota
If nothing else, an excuse to visit their awesome new stadium! Bunnies need a win big time to lock in their playoff spot but I think they may be roughed up a bit. That and starting a Freshie QB....
Gophers over bunnies 30-17

11:05am on the Door Prize Network
NDSU @ InSt
This game is for all the marbles! Well, not really. Each team looking for their second MVC win, and the Trees are looking for their first Multi-Win season in years! Bison are having issues with morale and team behavior...They do have some athletes, and their RB is solid though.
Bison over Trees 28-13

12:00pm
IlSt @ YSU
Both teams playing to try and come out of '09 with a winning record. Giving the Ice Castle a little advantage this time of year.
Guins over Redbirds 28-24

2:00pm on the 'I love my cousin' network
MoSt @ SIU
MoSt is trying to make an outside bid for playoff eligibility and if nothing else cap a better than expected season. That being said the flying dogs that eat children have proved a great deal of depth as well as solid coaching.
Children Eating Dogs over the Bears 27-14

6:35pm
WIU @ UNI
WIU has dealt with some injuries and hasn't found much success anywhere this season. UNI is playing for their season and hopefully still pissed about the crappy play three weeks in a row before their bye.
Panthers over Neckbraces 38-10

SO ILLmatic
November 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM
The GoFers
Bison
Redbirds
Dawgs
Panthers

Big Al
November 11th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Gophers
Prairie Cows
Tweets
Dogs
Cats

sluki86
November 11th, 2009, 01:12 PM
What I WANT to happen:

Rabbits - Any Big11 loss is a good thing.
Trees
Penguins
Dawgs
Panthers - As much as I don't like UNI, I'd like to see three MVFC teams in the playoffs.

What WILL happen:

Yellowish Gophers
Bison xmadx
Redbirds xmadx
Dawgs
Panthers

Redbird Ray
November 11th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Gophers
Bison
Redbirds
Dawgs that lick their own Balls
Cats

Saluki09
November 11th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Bison
Redbirds
Salukis
Panthers

As for SDSU, my heart says SDSU, my brain says Minnesota. I hope last week was just an anomaly and that the Jacks can play mistake free ball. It is a very beatable Minnesota team (I mean they did just lose to Illinois.... ILLINOIS!!!!) and it would make the MVFC look a lot better to at least have ONE FBS win, despite 2 close losses.

sluki86
November 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Gophers
Bison
Redbirds
Dawgs that lick their own Balls
Cats

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx That's nice.

Gil Dobie
November 11th, 2009, 08:16 PM
SDSU
NDSU
YSU
SIU
Putty Cats

DOME
November 11th, 2009, 08:42 PM
What I WANT to happen:

Rabbits - Any Big11 loss is a good thing.
Trees
Penguins
Dawgs
Panthers - As much as I don't like UNI, I'd like to see three MVFC teams in the playoffs.

What WILL happen:

Yellowish Gophers
Bison xmadx
Redbirds xmadx
Dawgs
Panthers

I'd really like to see wins from the Bunnies, Trees and Bears as well. Alas I don't see the three hapening, maybe one but not all three scenarios.

Gil Dobie
November 12th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I'd like to see WIU win, but it ain't happening. :(

darell1976
November 12th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Trees over Bison!!xlolx

Big Al
November 12th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Trees over Bison!!xlolx

If that happens, I honestly think coach Miles deserves MVFC coach of the year honors because that would be an epic win for them.

mebisonII
November 12th, 2009, 09:39 AM
If that happens, I honestly think coach Miles deserves MVFC coach of the year honors because that would be an epic win for them.

Well, I'm happy to hear beating the Bison would still be an epic win for someone, even if it is the trees. :(

siuham
November 12th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Well, I'm happy to hear beating the Bison would still be an epic win for someone, even if it is the trees. :(

Well, when you don't win for three seasons, then lose to a sub-DI to start your season, having two wins at the end of it all would be huge.

but it won't happen.

It'll either be close, with InSU leading for a while, or it'll be a blowout.

darell1976
November 12th, 2009, 10:16 AM

And to beat an opponent like FBS bound NDSU would be amazing (right LakesBison!!).

unicat87
November 12th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Jacks
Trees
Penguins
Bears
Panthers!!!

-unicat87 :)

RabidRabbit
November 12th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Ground Squirrels over hoppers (prove me wrong Jacks!)
Roots anchored at home over grazers
kittens over Marines
Dawgs tree da Bears.

MplsBison
November 12th, 2009, 06:21 PM
There is no way Indiana State wins.

Bohl would run out onto the field and clothesline their starting QB before that happens.

It would be a sub-DIII team beating a FCS team.

darell1976
November 12th, 2009, 06:37 PM

Bohl would run out onto the field and clothesline their starting QB before that happens.

Why do you say there is no way ISU wins? Have you seen your mighty powerful 2-7 team? I say ISU 28 NDSU 20.

sluki86
November 12th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Why do you say there is no way ISU wins? Have you seen your mighty powerful 2-7 team? I say ISU 28 NDSU 20.

That would make my weekend!

UNI Pike
November 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM

Miles would take out Bohl. No question.

That said, unless Paschal is puking up his liver on the sideline for the entire game, IN ST loses this game.

Khan4Cats
November 12th, 2009, 07:33 PM
While I'd like to SDSU win, I don't think it will happen. They'll make it a good game if the freshman QB can play with the poise he did against UNI.

UNI over WIU, if UNI is going to make a case for post-season, this can't be a close game.

SIU over MSU, I think MSU is improving, but not enough to win in Carbondale. Salukis are playing for a top 2 seed, still plenty of motivation despite the auto.

YSU over Illinois State, winning in the Ice House is tough enough, I think the Penguins will rise up one last time for their coach, if not there might be an interim for the last game.

Indiana State over NDSU, calling the upset. NDSU has never experienced playing in the Haute. There's going to be a bit of a culture shock going from the cozy confines and 17,000+ raucus fans to, well, a pep band, some parents and the cheer squad. Hard to get pumped up. Hope the Bison faithful make the trip, somehow I don't see a large turnout there either.

Gil Dobie
November 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
That would make my weekend!

I am going to have a great weekend regardless of the scores of football games. xthumbsupx

SO ILLmatic
November 12th, 2009, 08:14 PM
SIU over MSU, I think MSU is improving, but not enough to win in Carbondale. Salukis are playing for a top 2 seed, still plenty of motivation despite the auto.

Not to mention it will be the Dawgs last REGULAR SEASON game at the MAC. Should be a decent crowd with a lot of old players returning for the game.

FargoBison
November 12th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Indiana State over NDSU, calling the upset. NDSU has never experienced playing in the Haute. There's going to be a bit of a culture shock going from the cozy confines and 17,000+ raucus fans to, well, a pep band, some parents and the cheer squad. Hard to get pumped up. Hope the Bison faithful make the trip, somehow I don't see a large turnout there either.

Please, we were just in Macomb two weeks ago.....

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM
NDSU 28-17 -- Even with all their turmoil I think they pull out the win with Paschall carrying around 35 times
SIU 31-7 -- MSU is improved, but SIU is just too strong for the Bears this year
Ill St 24-17 -- tough to win in the Ice Castle, but I think the Redbirds have too much for the Penguins
UNI 35-3 -- WIU is a mess and UNI needs to prove a point
Minnesota 37-14 -- Even without Decker I think the Gophers will prove to be too strong. Although I hope SDSU could pull this out to solidify their spot so we aren't on the bubble with them

I-AA Fan
November 13th, 2009, 08:12 AM
11:00am on the Big Ten Network
SDSU @ Minnesota
If nothing else, an excuse to visit their awesome new stadium! Bunnies need a win big time to lock in their playoff spot but I think they may be roughed up a bit. That and starting a Freshie QB....
Gophers over bunnies 30-17

11:05am on the Door Prize Network
NDSU @ InSt
This game is for all the marbles! Well, not really. Each team looking for their second MVC win, and the Trees are looking for their first Multi-Win season in years! Bison are having issues with morale and team behavior...They do have some athletes, and their RB is solid though.
Bison over Trees 28-13

12:00pm
IlSt @ YSU
Both teams playing to try and come out of '09 with a winning record. Giving the Ice Castle a little advantage this time of year.
Guins over Redbirds 28-24

2:00pm on the 'I love my cousin' network
MoSt @ SIU
MoSt is trying to make an outside bid for playoff eligibility and if nothing else cap a better than expected season. That being said the flying dogs that eat children have proved a great deal of depth as well as solid coaching.
Children Eating Dogs over the Bears 27-14

6:35pm
WIU @ UNI
WIU has dealt with some injuries and hasn't found much success anywhere this season. UNI is playing for their season and hopefully still pissed about the crappy play three weeks in a row before their bye.
Panthers over Neckbraces 38-10

I think you are confusing your teams. Mo ST has no play-off chance (even if they beat SIU) ...it is ILS that still has a very good chance ...finishing 7-4 with a top-10 win ...and they already beat MSU. A win over YSU & UNI would give them a solid 3rd-place in a power conference. Look for the Red Birds to bring the A+ game to Ohio. Thank God it is the last home game, for a little Guin motivation. Also, thankfully it is not the usual YSU last game than begins at the same time as OSU vs. Michigan ...and also that Iowa lost their starting QB & interest has dropped somewhat ... or the stands would be empty.

MplsBison
November 13th, 2009, 10:27 AM
While I'd like to SDSU win, I don't think it will happen. They'll make it a good game if the freshman QB can play with the poise he did against UNI.

UNI over WIU, if UNI is going to make a case for post-season, this can't be a close game.

YSU over Illinois State, winning in the Ice House is tough enough, I think the Penguins will rise up one last time for their coach, if not there might be an interim for the last game.

Atmosphere will have absolutely nothing to do with it.

NDSU has played @ Southern Utah, same thing, as well as at Western Illinois this year. Again, same thing.

MplsBison
November 13th, 2009, 10:28 AM

You're only saying that because you don't like NDSU and you're trolling. Which is fine.

But it's as simple as Indiana State does not have the program to attract the kind of talent they need to beat NDSU. Simple as that.

They beat the worst team in the league and that's it.

NDSU is better than Western Illinois and we will beat Indiana State.

UNI Pike
November 13th, 2009, 11:51 AM
They beat the worst team in the league and that's it.

A turd is still a turd no matter how you rationalize it. Panthers are one loss away from being the best team in Crapsville.

Thumper 76
November 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
You're only saying that because you don't like NDSU and you're trolling. Which is fine.

But it's as simple as Indiana State does not have the program to attract the kind of talent they need to beat NDSU. Simple as that. They beat the worst team in the league and that's it.

Isnt that similar to what you used to say about a certain team that wears blue and yellow? xwhistlex

DOME
November 13th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I think you are confusing your teams. Mo ST has no play-off chance (even if they beat SIU) ...it is ILS that still has a very good chance ...finishing 7-4 with a top-10 win ...and they already beat MSU. A win over YSU & UNI would give them a solid 3rd-place in a power conference. Look for the Red Birds to bring the A+ game to Ohio. Thank God it is the last home game, for a little Guin motivation. Also, thankfully it is not the usual YSU last game than begins at the same time as OSU vs. Michigan ...and also that Iowa lost their starting QB & interest has dropped somewhat ... or the stands would be empty.

You really think that MoSt finishing at 7-4 with a win over #1 in the nation would have less of a chance than IlSt who'd have a win over what would have proven to be a overated UNI?

Not that either will hapen...just saying.

onbison09
November 13th, 2009, 01:58 PM

I think the hardcores that go to every game (we got a guy at like 326 in a row) will be there but it will be a small crowd.

MplsBison
November 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM
A turd is still a turd no matter how you rationalize it. Panthers are one loss away from being the best team in Crapsville.

But we're better than Indiana State and we're going to beat them. Thanks

MplsBison
November 13th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Isnt that similar to what you used to say about a certain team that wears blue and yellow? xwhistlex

I've never said that (that I recall). I'm sure some of the NDSU old-timers still feel that way toward SDSU, but the Jacks have my utmost respect and I will be cheering for them to put Minnesota out of its misery (they sure as heck ain't gunna beat Iowa) and get Brewster fired.

What Stig has been able to do at SDSU, with such limited scholarships and facilities, is something that the next NDSU head coach needs to study.

He's recruiting better...or just different...I don't know what it is....players who are getting it done.

NDSU has everything a program is supposed to have in order to win the national championship...we just don't have the players.

Redbird Ray
November 13th, 2009, 02:21 PM
You really think that MoSt finishing at 7-4 with a win over #1 in the nation would have less of a chance than IlSt who'd have a win over what would have proven to be a overated UNI?

Not that either will hapen...just saying.

I do, because head to head, ISU beat MSU this year. But I will admit, if MSU does finish 7-4 with a win over SIU, they probably deserve consideration.

SDSUJacks
November 13th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Gophers
Bison
Redbirds
Salukis
Panthers

MSUBear42
November 13th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I do, because head to head, ISU beat MSU this year. But I will admit, if MSU does finish 7-4 with a win over SIU, they probably deserve consideration.

Still can't believe that game... ISU played well enough to win, but MSU looked like an unmotivated middle school flag football team that game. That BS hail mary to end the 2nd half changed the entire game.
xwhistlex

RowdyRabbit
November 13th, 2009, 11:20 PM

I'm not going to predict scores, but I about spit my Sunkist all over the screeen when I read this. What a hilarious vision!

Ok I'll pickem.

NDSU
UNI
SIU
Ill. St.
U of M

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Jacks
Trees
Penguins
Bears
Panthers!!!

-unicat87 :)

Bison 56, Trees 17 xwhistlex

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Green and Yellow
November 14th, 2009, 04:07 PM

Blinded by the hate much?
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

saluki_in_ohio
November 14th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Bison 56, Trees 17 xwhistlex

Looks like the Bison unloaded a seasons' worth of frustration on the Blue Trees....

Green and Yellow
November 14th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Looks like the Bison unloaded a seasons' worth of frustration on the Blue Trees....

Yep. We could end the year with three wins and a bit of momentum for next year. I can not wait for this season to be over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go MVFC!

MplsBison
November 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM

pwned

MplsBison
November 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM

pwned

MplsBison
November 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
NDSU will finish the season with 4 wins, closing out the season with another solid victory over Youngstown State in Fargo.

We're finally getting the players that we need to win in condition to win at this level.

I'm looking forward to a much stronger NDSU program in 2010!

unicat87
November 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM

That's exactly what I thought! -unicat87 :)