PDA

View Full Version : Which team would least like to meet in the playoffs

Pant8her
November 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Which team that may not make the playoffs that your team would least like to see/meet in the FCS playoffs. (limited to ten in the poll, sorry if your top team did not make the list)

Southland (One Auto bid {wide open})
Tx State (6-3)
SE La (6-3)
McNeese St (7-2)
SFA (7-2)

SOCON
(The two top teams will get in, unless a major melt down)

Patriot (two of these teams may be left out for an at large bid)
Lafayette (8-1)
Holy Cross (8-1)
Colgate (8-2)

OVC (may not get an at large bid)
EKU ( 5-4)
Tn Tech (5-4)

NEC
C Conn (7-2)
Wagner (6-3)

MVFC
SDSU (7-2)
U Northern Iowa (6-3)

MEAC
Fla A&M (7-2)

GWFC
No likely at large team

CAA
U Delaware (6-3)

Big South
No likely at large team likely to gety in
Liberty (7-2)

Big Sky
EWU (6-3)
Mont St U (6-3)

Vote and discuss

Bogus Megapardus
November 11th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Liberty fans in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

DOME
November 11th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I think UNI has a great deal of talent, size and speed. When they're clicking, I'm not sure any FCS team can hold them down.

Though when they aren't clicking...

WestCoastAggie
November 11th, 2009, 10:18 AM
FAMU has one explosive offense and finally is using Leroy Vann in the "wildcat".

But, I voted for UNI; Iowa had to block two FG's to win the game.

Pant8her
November 11th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Liberty fans in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Liberty was not intentionally left out, edited post xsmiley_wix

Don't Hate just Appreciatexthumbsupx
Peace

Go...gate
November 11th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Delaware. That program has been there many, many times and knows how to win.

Dukie95
November 11th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Not like any non Liberty fans would pick them anyway.

SumItUp
November 11th, 2009, 10:24 AM
If Delaware makes the playoffs, they would be coming off of wins against Navy and Villanova. That's not a team you want to run up against in the first round.

WestCoastAggie
November 11th, 2009, 10:37 AM
If Delaware makes the playoffs, they would be coming off of wins against Navy and Villanova. That's not a team you want to run up against in the first round.

I also agree about UD if they are still healthy heading into the first round. These next two weeks will take alot out of Hens.

Silenoz
November 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM
EWU. We barely beat them at home as it is

knucklehead
November 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM

That's a HUGE bunch of ifs there, but I agree and voted for them as well.

Schfourteenteen
November 11th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Not like any non Liberty fans would pick them anyway.

Doubt Liberty people would pick Liberty either. That type of matchup is called a scrimmage. xlolx

I'd go with Southland #2

knucklehead
November 11th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Yea, there is no way we would expect any team to fear us just yet. Even if we were in the poll we wouldn't get any votes.

tribe_pride
November 11th, 2009, 10:56 AM
That's a HUGE bunch of ifs there, but I agree and voted for them as well.

Well the questions was "Which team would least liek to meet in the playoffs" so you had to assume the ifs were true for them to get in the playoffs.

WestCoastAggie
November 11th, 2009, 11:23 AM
This is shaping up to be one of the better playoffs in recent memory. There just isn't a clear favorite to win and there are at least 6-7 teams that can win it, including some of the teams in this poll.

Jackman
November 11th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I would be delighted to meet any of those teams in the playoffs.

Pitz
November 11th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Northern Iowa seems to be the pretty easy choice here.

(I would also argue that South Dakota St doesn't belong in this poll.)

Keenan
November 11th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Don't overlook the Cowboys of McNeese State! I'm sure App. St. would love to have another shot at them, but I don't think anyone will be pleased to draw them in the first round.

soccerguy315
November 11th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I chose UNI

Mattymc727
November 11th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I know a UNH vs. UNI matchup would not sit well with UNH fans thats for sure

Saluki09
November 11th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Heck, we beat UNI at the Dome, and a playoff game against them would likely be in Carbondale (or Nooga), and I STILL don't want to face them again.

UNH Fanboi
November 11th, 2009, 02:49 PM

The UNI curse must be broken before we can win a NC.

Get ready for a playoff bracket like:

EIU
@ SIU

UNH
@UNI

E Wash
@SDSU

McNeese
@Montana

The road to Chatty will run through Cedar Falls, Carbondale and Missoula.

Jackman
November 11th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Best chance for UNH is Holy Cross winning this weekend and putting up a big bid for a home game.

unialum95
November 11th, 2009, 03:12 PM

The feeling is mutual. I like the past results but the law of averages is bound to catch up with us. I'd take meeting UNH in Chatty though...

Bogus Megapardus
November 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Best chance for UNH is Holy Cross winning this weekend and putting up a big bid for a home game.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ^ xnonono2x ^ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ^ xnonono2x ^ . . . . . . . . . .

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
There are people out there that would actually not want to see Colgate in the playoffs? I would be sending the selection committee fruit baskets for their gift!xpeacex

unicat87
November 11th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I think UNI has a great deal of talent, size and speed. When they're clicking, I'm not sure any FCS team can hold them down.

Though when they aren't clicking...

That's exactly right, let's hope they keep clicking the last two games of the regular season, make the play-offs and play as well as they can. I still think UNI has a lot of potential this season. Two tough games to play though. -unicat87 :)

Mattymc727
November 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM
The UNI curse must be broken before we can win a NC.

Get ready for a playoff bracket like:

EIU
@ SIU

UNH
@UNI

E Wash
@SDSU

McNeese
@Montana

The road to Chatty will run through Cedar Falls, Carbondale and Missoula.

cool, this would make it possible to see a game too......xnonono2x

Mattymc727
November 11th, 2009, 03:45 PM
question, why is it not probable that UNH would host a game? didnt we host 2 in 06? would we need a seed?

WileECoyote06
November 11th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I'm going against the grain. All I can think about is EWU beating McNeese like they stole something a few years ago. .

UNH Fanboi
November 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM
question, why is it not probable that UNH would host a game? didnt we host 2 in 06? would we need a seed?

Only time we hosted was when we had the #1 seed and hosted Colgate and UNI.

It's not probable that UNH will host because hosting for non-seed games is based upon money and attendance, neither of which are UNH's has a lot of compared to some other schools. Also, there's nothing stopping the committee from matching up UNH against a seeded team in the first round. There's no rule that the #5 team can't face the #4 team in the first round.

Mattymc727
November 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM

It's not probable that UNH will host because hosting for non-seed games is based upon money and attendance, neither of which are UNH's has a lot of compared to some other schools. Also, there's nothing stopping the committee from matching up UNH against a seeded team in the first round. There's no rule that the #5 team can't face the #4 team in the first round.

what if we win out though and get the #4 seed.... would we get a home game or would they place us somewhere else still?

UNHFootballAlum
November 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM

That happened the year we played Georgia Southern. They were the number 4 seed and UNH was ranked 5th

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2009, 04:00 PM
That happened the year we played Georgia Southern. They were the number 4 seed and UNH was ranked 5th

JMU/Youngstown St. on ESPN2 in '06

UNH Fanboi
November 11th, 2009, 04:04 PM
what if we win out though and get the #4 seed.... would we get a home game or would they place us somewhere else still?

In that case we would get a home game in the 1st and 2nd round, but it's going to be tough to get a #4 seed even if we win out because Montana, Nova and SIU have 1 through 3 locked up (barring a big upset) and Richmond and the winner of ASU-Elon could still be seeded 4th ahead of us.

Mattymc727
November 11th, 2009, 04:29 PM
In that case we would get a home game in the 1st and 2nd round, but it's going to be tough to get a #4 seed even if we win out because Montana, Nova and SIU have 1 through 3 locked up (barring a big upset) and Richmond and the winner of ASU-Elon could still be seeded 4th ahead of us.

got it, thanks for the info

UNIFanSince1983
November 11th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I voted that I would not like my team to see McNeese. This looks like a very dangerous team. I may have voted for UNI, but obviously my team would not be able to face them in the playoffs. At this point I just hope we can win out, and get fortunate enough to get an at large bid!

txstatebobcat
November 11th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Any team that has a huge offensive line and a "three yards and a cloud of dust" strategy is the type of team we won't match up well against. Otherwise, bring on whomever.

McNeese75
November 11th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Any team that has a huge offensive line and a "three yards and a cloud of dust" strategy is the type of team we won't match up well against. Otherwise, bring on whomever.

Sounds like the team I voted for (the rabbits) xnodx

Pant8her
November 12th, 2009, 06:50 AM
The next two weeks will tell the difference between those on the outside looking in and those being thankful to just be playing in the playoffs.

IMO, McNeese looks to be a tough opponent, especially after they beat App St in their house.

UNI looked tough against Iowa early in the year, but they lost their swagger in the middle. If UNI gets back in the groove they would be dangerous. IIRC, over the last two playoff seasons many of the opponents (UNH, EWU, SIU) would either not wish for UNI to be in the mix or just meet them in Chatty.

U Delaware, if they win out, this team will have just beaten Navy and Villinova. This would be another team that would be dangerous to under estimate.

Those are my picks. They also are traditionally tough programs.

Good luck to all, and thank God FCS has the playoffs

Peace

darell1976
November 12th, 2009, 06:52 AM
After putting 65 points on us i would say SFA!!!

PhoenixMan
November 12th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Villanova is a team that I would just as soon avoid. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to face the team with the number one defense in and number 5 offense in all of FCS (see the helmet to the left of your screen)

ToTheLeft
November 12th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Villanova is a team that I would just as soon avoid. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to face the team with the number one defense in and number 5 offense in all of FCS (see the helmet to the left of your screen)

xnodx I would be afraid of Elon, especially playing at Elon. Not even WVU or Toledo beat us as badly in recent years as a Frosh Riddle and Co. beat us a couple years ago. And the team is much, much better now.

I'd rather go to play the Ticks or the 'Neers than the FireChickens.

Of course, my first choice would be a trip to Orangeburg for a little MEAC/Big South showdown. Or a trip to Carbondale, since I (personally, pretty sure LU has never been there) haven't been there in a while and would like a return trip.

Grabholdofyosef
November 12th, 2009, 08:36 AM
xnodx I would be afraid of Elon, especially playing at Elon. Not even WVU or Toledo beat us as badly in recent years as a Frosh Riddle and Co. beat us a couple years ago. And the team is much, much better now.

I'd rather go to play the Ticks or the 'Neers than the FireChickens.

Of course, my first choice would be a trip to Orangeburg for a little MEAC/Big South showdown. Or a trip to Carbondale, since I (personally, pretty sure LU has never been there) haven't been there in a while and would like a return trip.
The thread is not about that. It is about which bubble team you would least like to meet. For a change, Elon is considered to already be in as long they dont lose their last two.

ToTheLeft
November 12th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Was just commenting on what someone else said.

LU won't be facing a bubble team. I don't have a perspective on that.

PhoenixMan
November 12th, 2009, 09:03 AM
The thread is not about that. It is about which bubble team you would least like to meet. For a change, Elon is considered to already be in as long they dont lose their last two.

My bad yosef. I didn't read the part about team that might NOT make the playoffs. Please disregard my last post. I'll change my answer to App. St.xrotatehx

Prominentwon
November 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I'm going against the grain. All I can think about is EWU beating McNeese like they stole something a few years ago. .

What does '07 have to do with '09?

The '09 McNeese offense is FAR more explosive than that of the McNeese team that played EWU that year. That and that game was played on a field that was swamped by rains without their All-American pass rusher.

McNeese72
November 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM
What does '06 have to do with '09?

The '09 McNeese offense is FAR more explosive than that of the McNeese team that played EWU that year. That and that game was played on a field that was swamped by rains without their All-American pass rusher.

What does 06 have to with 07? :)

Hint: We went to Montana in 06.

Doc

Prominentwon
November 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM
meh.

everyone got the point.

BlackNGold
November 12th, 2009, 01:34 PM
My bad yosef. I didn't read the part about team that might NOT make the playoffs. Please disregard my last post. I'll change my answer to App. St.xrotatehx

I am really beginning to dislike u

Prominentwon
November 12th, 2009, 01:37 PM
oh and FTR, my answer is App. St.

History doesn't bode well for McNeese after beating a team in the regular season and then facing them again in the playoffs. Curse you, Western Kentucky! Curse you!

soccerguy315
November 12th, 2009, 01:43 PM
App State is not an option in this poll.

oy ve.

Prominentwon
November 12th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Doesn't mean I can't mention them.

There's no one else in the country that I think McNeese can't hang with. Ive never thought that before

Pant8her
November 12th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Doesn't mean I can't mention them.

There's no one else in the country that I think McNeese can't hang with. Ive never thought that before

Obviously respect is being shown to several FCS teams that may not make the playoffs by the numbers reflected in the poll.

Thanks for your participation and Good Luck.
Peace

McNeese72
November 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
meh.

everyone got the point.

Yeah, but your arguments always look better when you have all the facts straight.

Doc

Ronin
November 12th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I am a Panther fan, but they have several issues -- a weak secondary and a QB that is slow and can't hit his target. The good news is the QB is a Sr. :-)

Good luck to the Salukis.

unigriff
November 12th, 2009, 10:46 PM
if only we had pat devlin! and not pat grace...what a disgrace

Thumper 76
November 13th, 2009, 03:22 AM

Im sorry I didn't fully read the title to the thread. But still I would think being said to be someone that one doesnt want to meet to be a compliment. So please disregard my comment here.Is not SDSU really considered to be in already? I mean if they dont lose to WIU who lost to Indiana State, are they considered a bubble team then? Really? I thought this was a thread for who you didn't want to meet in the playoffs. I would think its a compliment not being the one a team wants to meet in the playoffs, rather than be unhappy about it.xnonono2x

Pant8her
November 13th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Im sorry I didn't fully read the title to the thread. But still I would think being said to be someone that one doesnt want to meet to be a compliment. So please disregard my comment here.Is not SDSU really considered to be in already? I mean if they dont lose to WIU who lost to Indiana State, are they considered a bubble team then? Really? I thought this was a thread for who you didn't want to meet in the playoffs. I would think its a compliment not being the one a team wants to meet in the playoffs, rather than be unhappy about it.xnonono2x

Thumper 76,

I would presume that any team that could end up with an 8-3 record could likely be considered a bubble team. Also a team with a better record but from a weaker conference could also be left out of the mix. No disrespect was meant by the poll.

Good Luck to all,
Peace