PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee State coach is out - media says

TTUEagles
November 11th, 2009, 07:37 AM
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=11481384

TSU is 3-6 with games left at Austin Peay State and Eastern Illinois...

SU Jag
November 11th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Whoa! I didn't see that one comming.

Klandbulldog
November 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Uhmmm...not good. I don’t want to say this but....TSU took our basketball coach some years ago (Cy)...Wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t give Buddy's agent a call. Actually wouldn't be surprised if Buddy's agent didn't get a lot of calls with his success over the past years. I guess our STATE club needs to help the school up the $$$$$$ with a new contractxrulesx

Bam
November 11th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Step up Tigers, beat those Panthers for your coach!!!!!

DSUrocks07
November 11th, 2009, 08:42 AM
maybe the TSU admins should give this guy a call, I heard he's available...

the next coach at TSU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_West)

Big Dawg
November 11th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Whoa! I didn't see that one comming.

Why??? I know TSU fans were getting tired of losing to us in Atlanta EVERY year...even in years when they should've beaten us.

TTUEagles
November 11th, 2009, 02:59 PM
There was an interesting discussion about TSU on AM sports-talk radio today. They were talking about if it was a benefit or liability to TSU playing at LP Field (Titans home stadium) instead of on-campus. Personally, as Titans fan, I don't the more use of the stadium tearing up the field (VERY minor concern) as they don't draw well anyway for OVC games. But, playing at Hale Stadium, that place was a complete and utter dump. Awful facilities and worse playing surface. They got state money to fund the Titans stadium by allowing TSU to play there. I say play homecoming and "the classics" there, but other OVC games on campus. Of course this takes $$ to renovate/upgrade their stadium. TSU is also building an on-campus indoor practice / training facility at around $3 million - so there really isn't a whole lot of excuses, in my mind.
TSU has made several bad hires in basketball and football - so that may say something about the administration and athletic director. They seem to get tons of transfers in b'ball and football every year, too, so talent (one would think) should be pretty good, too.
I don't really know what to think about TSU. Coach Webster seemed like a pretty decent guy and good coach, much better than the previous two...Just didn't like the fact that he blamed the officials way too much and complained about biases within the conference. I don't think he should have been fired after two QB's get injured this year.

blackcaesar3k5
November 12th, 2009, 06:14 AM
L.C. Cole did decent job during his stint as head football coach at Tennessee State during late 90's.. Tennesee State need finds themselves another offensive mastermind put them back on the map... Somebody with ties from Pac-10 school or from NFL..

TTUEagles
November 12th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Here is a link to a story from The Tennessean, Thursday edition. Maybe he's not "out" afterall...?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091112/SPORTS060402/911120363/2072/SPORTS/TSU+coach+s+future+is+unsettled

blackcaesar3k5
November 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Tennessee State should offer the head coaching job to Frankfurt Galaxy Head Football Coach Mike Jones.. Jones won several world bowl titles in NFL Europe.. He has ties to TSU and played for legendary John Merritt back in 80's..