PDA

View Full Version : O'Brien to start for SDSU against Minnesota

Kemo
November 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM
http://www.keloland.com/Sports/NewsDetail7984.cfm?Id=92523

McNeese75
November 10th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Was his success against SUI a result of the lopsided score when he came in and some of the defensive starters being out of the game? tough situation for a freshman but he will learn a lot about himself quickly in this one.

JacksFan06
November 10th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I don't know about playing against subs but when O'Brien was in he wasn't getting blitzed every down like Crawford was during the beginning of the game. SIU had called off the dogs by that point.

Thumper 76
November 10th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Was his success against SUI a result of the lopsided score when he came in and some of the defensive starters being out of the game? tough situation for a freshman but he will learn a lot about himself quickly in this one.

Not sure. Personally I go with whatever Stig decides is best. Also O'Brien started against UNI while the senior Crawford was injured after the Cal-Poly game.

Kemo
November 10th, 2009, 11:15 PM

I think some of the later success came because SIU took out some of their starters (He opened up with a long drive against SIU's first team defense that ended on a 4th and goal pick), but I don't think it was due to any change in defensive strategy on SIU's part. I think most of O'Brien's sucess came from the fact that he forced the defense to play more honest (due to his arm strength and quick release) and didn't allow them to sit on the short routes.

McNeese75
November 10th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Good Luck xthumbsupx

unicat87
November 11th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Best wishes to the Jackrabbits vs. UM. -unicat87 :)

Houndawg
November 11th, 2009, 05:20 AM

Yes.

Gil Dobie
November 11th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Good Luck Jacks, get a big win for your program and the MVFC xthumbsupx

WrenFGun
November 11th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Good luck Jacks!

pantherbacker
November 11th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Is this on the BigTen network?

sluki86
November 11th, 2009, 09:15 AM

Yes

Gil Dobie
November 11th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I'm not sure how much it helps the University of Minnesota to play South Dakota State - Tim Brewster Gopher Coach, as heard on KFAN this morning.

Kick their Buttocks Jacks

NorCalJack
November 11th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Yes.

Really? I don't think so. SIU was up 34 to 3 when O'Brien came in and he marched them down the field and on 4th and goal forced a throw for an INT. Three plays later SIU, deep in their own territory, thows a halfback pass. Does that sound like they had called the dogs off? The only reason SIU throws a halfback pass is to hit a home run. SIU was still playing to score more points. SIU was still playing their first string players at this point.

Jacks02
November 11th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Really? I don't think so. SIU was up 34 to 3 when O'Brien came in and he marched them down the field and on 4th and goal forced a throw for an INT. Three plays later SIU, deep in their own territory, thows a halfback pass. Does that sound like they had called the dogs off? The only reason SIU throws a halfback pass is to hit a home run. SIU was still playing to score more points. SIU was still playing their first string players at this point.

Or to have one more play on game film that other teams will have to prepare for in the future.

RabidRabbit
November 11th, 2009, 12:03 PM

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=204830659

Per SDSU website:

Dish Network
9502 (HD)

DirecTV
612-1 (HD)

11 AM CST kickoff

pantherbacker
November 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=204830659

Per SDSU website:

Dish Network
9502 (HD)

DirecTV
612-1 (HD)

11 AM CST kickoff

Thanks! Good luck Jacks!

Houndawg
November 11th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Or to have one more play on game film that other teams will have to prepare for in the future.

Yep. They did that last too year by running a fake punt for no apparent reason in an early game. This year it looks like the idea is to give run support something to think about for the playoffs.

UNIFanSince1983
November 11th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I was curious as to why SDSU started Crawford again anyway. I mean O'Brien played really really well while Crawford was out with an injury. He led them to the big victory against us. I just think he posed more problems for defenses. Good luck in the new TCF!

Houndawg
November 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM

They called off the dogs and hardly blitzed O'brien.

unicat87
November 11th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure how much it helps the University of Minnesota to play South Dakota State - Tim Brewster Gopher Coach, as heard on KFAN this morning.

Kick their Buttocks Jacks

Maybe Coach Brewster has a premonition about the result of the SDSU game. Go Jacks! -unicat87 :)

AggieRX
November 11th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Good luck Jacks!

PurplePete
November 12th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Nice positive article on SDSU in the Minneapolis StarTribune about their move from DII to FCS...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/69818267.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:a ULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr