PDA

View Full Version : 6 Win Season Key To National Title?????

JMU Duke Dog
December 19th, 2005, 02:11 PM
:eek:

Well this is quite interesting after I learned Appalachian State had a 6-5 record in their 2004 season before winning the national title in 2005.

Delware
2002: 6-6
2003: 15-1 and National Champions

James Madison
2003: 6-6
2004: 13-2 and National Champions

Appalachian State
2004: 6-5
2005: 12-3 and National Champions

If this keeps up we can determine who has a chance of winning the national title in 2006. Here are the possible teams:
- Delaware
- Florida A&M
- Holy Cross
- Jacksonville State
- Nicholls State
- Portland State
- Tennessee-Chattanooga
- Tennessee-Martin
- Towson
- Weber State
- Western Kentucky
- Wofford

colgate13
December 19th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Holy Cross is your 2006 National Champion!!!!

(but in all seriousness, Portland State and Towson sound like good contenders.)

TexasTerror
December 19th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Portland St is a team I'll throw my support behind from that list...

I think Jacksonville St has no chance. OVC teams just don't succeed in postseason and of course, I'll back any SLC team, go Nicholls!

bluehenbillk
December 19th, 2005, 02:44 PM
The other thing I've seen the past 3 years that is a common ingredient is dominant line play.

UD & ASU both possessed dominant D-Lines. JMU had a dominant O-Line. You learn in day 1 of playing football, you win games in the trenches.

AZGrizFan
December 19th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Portland State or Western Kentucky from that list.....but if I were a bettin' man....I'd say the 6 win season trend will be broken in 2006. Go Griz!!!

txstatebobcat
December 19th, 2005, 03:28 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Nicholls there. They have a lot of people coming back.

DUPFLFan
December 19th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Drake Bulldogs 6-4 this year.

Nah.. no one would believe it...

Besides, the Pioneer League can't even get invited to participate... :bang:

89Hen
December 19th, 2005, 04:00 PM
If this keeps up we can determine who has a chance of winning the national title in 2006. Here are the possible teams:
- Delaware
- Florida A&M
- Holy Cross
- Jacksonville State
- Nicholls State
- Portland State
- Tennessee-Chattanooga
- Tennessee-Martin
- Towson
- Weber State
- Western Kentucky
- Wofford
Dog, nice pull on the useless stat, I thought I had that market cornered. :p BTW, I bolded the three best chances IMO for that streak to continue.

bandl
December 19th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Dog, nice pull on the useless stat, I thought I had that market cornered. :p BTW, I bolded the three best chances IMO for that streak to continue.
Come on 89....how 'bout some stats to back that opinion up!?!?! :p :p

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

McNeese75
December 19th, 2005, 10:20 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Nicholls there. They have a lot of people coming back.

Their QB is gone!!

TigerFan17
December 20th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Hmm... :cool:

See the problem is that our defense struggled last year and we lost our two best corners. However, we return our leading tacklers from the last 2 years...and pretty much everyone else. Also, one of the corners we return started for an entire year, over an injured Davon Telp.

Our offense will be even better this next season I think. Only concerns are on the line. We return first 4 receivers on depth chart, all 3 RBs, Schaefer and Goldbeck at QB, etc.

I don't think we will win it all next year, I think our best year will be 2007. We still have a little depth issue and the core of our team will still be sophomore-junior.

I think we have a great shot at the playoffs though! Our schedule looks pretty favorable.