PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette at Lehigh tickets

BloomHusky'01
November 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Hello all. I'm a frequent reader, infrequent poster here at AGS. My D2 alma mater did not make the playoffs this year, so I'm lining up games to attend for the next couple of weeks. I would love to go College Football's most played rivalry but I understand tickets are very hard to get. It looks like the game is "sold out" so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how to try to get tickets. I've checked Ebay and StubHub, but nothing listed so far. Are the any available on game day from "ticket brokers?" Do they sell standing room only tickets at the gate? Any suggestions would be helpful, I'd really love to see a Lehigh v. Lafayette game, and all the stadiums I've ever been do, Goodman is possibly my favorite.

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hello all. I'm a frequent reader, infrequent poster here at AGS. My D2 alma mater did not make the playoffs this year, so I'm lining up games to attend for the next couple of weeks. I would love to go College Football's most played rivalry but I understand tickets are very hard to get. It looks like the game is "sold out" so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how to try to get tickets. I've checked Ebay and StubHub, but nothing listed so far. Are the any available on game day from "ticket brokers?" Do they sell standing room only tickets at the gate? Any suggestions would be helpful, I'd really love to see a Lehigh v. Lafayette game, and all the stadiums I've ever been do, Goodman is possibly my favorite.

You wont be able to get a ticket at the Gate. Check e-bay and craigslist, you will most likley be able to get tickets at or near face value.

Pard94
November 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM

Better yet...start working on securing tickets for next year. The game will be played at Lafayette and you can experience the PL football facility that bumped Goodman as the nicest in the league. xnodx

BloomHusky'01
November 9th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Better yet...start working on securing tickets for next year. The game will be played at Lafayette and you can experience the PL football facility that bumped Goodman as the nicest in the league. xnodx

I would do that, but its hard for me to commit to it because I attend all the games for my alma mater, and if we make playoffs I can't go to Lehigh / Lafayette. For what its worth, I greatly admire Fisher Field as well. Its an FBS quality facility. I've been there a couple of times, and saw the Columbia game this year. I stopped by on my way home from the Bloomsburg @ East Stroudsburg game. Worked out perfectly, I only missed the first drive of the game.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I would do that, but its hard for me to commit to it because I attend all the games for my alma mater, and if we make playoffs I can't go to Lehigh / Lafayette. For what its worth, I greatly admire Fisher Field as well. Its an FBS quality facility. I've been there a couple of times, and saw the Columbia game this year. I stopped by on my way home from the Bloomsburg @ East Stroudsburg game. Worked out perfectly, I only missed the first drive of the game.

DO NOT buy the scalper tickets outside Goodman on game day. They're fakes. StubHub usually has legitimate tickets, as well as Craigslist. You shouldn't have to pay more than $25 each. If you wait until halftime, you can usually slip in an grab a SRO spot in the endzone.

Good luck, and enjoy the game!

Engineer91
November 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM

I'll check around with our group to see if anyone is backing out on their tickets. We get about 75 and there is usually a couple who end up not going. If I hear anything I will let you know. Are you looking for 1 ticket?

BloomHusky'01
November 9th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I'll check around with our group to see if anyone is backing out on their tickets. We get about 75 and there is usually a couple who end up not going. If I hear anything I will let you know. Are you looking for 1 ticket?

I'm looking for 2. Thanks!

Pards Rule
November 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I bought a scalper ticket outside Goodman in 2005 for face value and it was good. Just bring a sign with you. There should be more than a few up as Lehigh will come into the game with either a 2-8 or 3-7 record. A legit number of Lehigh fans will want to continue tailgating or too drunk/hungover to attend.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I bought a scalper ticket outside Goodman in 2005 for face value and it was good. Just bring a sign with you. There should be more than a few up as Lehigh will come into the game with either a 2-8 or 3-7 record. A legit number of Lehigh fans will want to continue tailgating or too drunk/hungover to attend.

I got burned there once - shame on me because it was a horrible-looking forgery. I guess the thing to do would be to cruise the tailgaters like PardsRule says and buy from a respectable-looking alumnus who's had about three too many.

Engineer91
November 9th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I'm looking for 2. Thanks!

Just need to know how many cheap looking forgeries I need to make :D

Actually, got confirmations on the first 43 still checking on the last 32. I will let you know.

Pards Rule
November 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM
WTF is up with the ticket situation anyway? Are the tix offices in some kind of pissing contest? Never had any problem like has developed in the last two years.

Engineer91
November 10th, 2009, 07:44 AM
WTF is up with the ticket situation anyway? Are the tix offices in some kind of pissing contest? Never had any problem like has developed in the last two years.

Yeah, each year they seem to push the commitment date forward. At Lehigh it certainly seemed like they were using to try to get some hype up for the season since attendance has been dismal.

letsgopards04
November 10th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Last year I bought my tix the day of the Spring game. This year I am out of luck as I weighed buying season tix for only this game. I will instead be hooting and hollering at the Grasshopper in Morristown ,NJ at a telecast.

carney2
November 10th, 2009, 09:07 AM

This is the 3rd consecutive year that the visiting team has been moaning about their ticket allotment so perhaps the "old rules" no longer apply - or perhaps this thing has achieved a heightened sense of awareness. Who knows.

Hey, PR, did you receive my instant message, or whatever AGS calls it, about this exact topic? I have one extra for THE Game and, as we agreed, it's yours if you want it.

Bogus Megapardus
November 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
What exactly are the "Old Rules"? Frankly, it would be a shame for large blocks of tickets to be allocated early and then go unused, leaving a fan such as BloomHusky unable purchase one. Maybe the two ADs or the League Office could concoct an informal "first refusal" system whereby sold, but anticipatorily unused, tickets could be redeemed and offered for sale the week of the game.

Not that I've ever seen one, but there should never be an empty seat at this game.

BloomHusky'01
November 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Regardless of the ticket situation, I'm really glad to see that the game is still such a BFD to all the students and alumni. Its one of the great traditions in all of college football, which is why my dad and I would really like to be there at least once. If we can't get tickets for this one, we'll probably be going up to New Haven for Harvard and Yale.

Bogus Megapardus
November 10th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Regardless of the ticket situation, I'm really glad to see that the game is still such a BFD to all the students and alumni. Its one of the great traditions in all of college football, which is why my dad and I would really like to be there at least once. If we can't get tickets for this one, we'll probably be going up to New Haven for Harvard and Yale.

Sounds like a good safety choice, BloomHusky, if you can't get into your first-choice game. :p

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2009, 11:53 AM
What exactly are the "Old Rules"? Frankly, it would be a shame for large blocks of tickets to be allocated early and then go unused, leaving a fan such as BloomHusky unable purchase one. Maybe the two ADs or the League Office could concoct an informal "first refusal" system whereby sold, but anticipatorily unused, tickets could be redeemed and offered for sale the week of the game.

Not that I've ever seen one, but there should never be an empty seat at this game.

They make people commit so early. I understand doing so but people change plans and tickets get spoken for an unused.

carney2
November 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
If we can't get tickets for this one, we'll probably be going up to New Haven for Harvard and Yale.

If you can't get into THE Game, go to The Game.

Go...gate
November 10th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Last year I bought my tix the day of the Spring game. This year I am out of luck as I weighed buying season tix for only this game. I will instead be hooting and hollering at the Grasshopper in Morristown ,NJ at a telecast.

xthumbsupx:)

Digby
November 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM
There has never been a problem with showing up the day of the game. People like me who actually get tickets for our low-life friends who do not make it or never get out of the bar or the tailgate will have tickets at face value. Maybe less.

Digby
November 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM
BTW I have never been to the Grasshopper in Morristown, but if it is anything like the Grasshopper in Amsterdam, I will be hooting and hollering there too.

LehighFan11
November 10th, 2009, 08:27 PM
If anyone else has another ticket, please let me know. I forgot to get my ticket in time and am hoping to not miss my first game since I started going 10 years ago. PM me if you have a ticket or know of a possibility. Thanks!

ngineer
November 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Regardless what the 'pardons say, the atmosphere at Goodman is the best around, along with plenty of tailgating room ;) Don't let the unnatural surface and excessive decibel sound sytsem (due to no band) mess with your senses...Leopards will have to play on the best natural turf in the East in 10 days.

From my experience, there are usually tickets available floating around the tailgates with many people buying a bunch and then having some members of their party who cannot attend for various reasons.

Ivytalk
November 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Regardless what the 'pardons say, the atmosphere at Goodman is the best around, along with plenty of tailgating room ;) Don't let the unnatural surface and excessive decibel sound sytsem (due to no band) mess with your senses...Leopards will have to play on the best natural turf in the East in 10 days.

From my experience, there are usually tickets available floating around the tailgates with many people buying a bunch and then having some members of their party who cannot attend for various reasons.

Scalpers?? In Bethlehem??????xeekxxeekxxeekx

Various reasons? Do you have any 90-proof of that statement, counselor??:D

ngineer
November 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Scalpers?? In Bethlehem??????xeekxxeekxxeekx

Various reasons? Do you have any 90-proof of that statement, counselor??:D

Said nothing about 'scalping'...Likely get at face value...especially this year.;) And, my statment is only 86-proof. I know Jack.

Pardette
November 17th, 2009, 10:41 PM
BloomHusky`01 check your PM if you still need tickets.

Pard94
November 18th, 2009, 05:05 AM

Bring a flashlight (no lights at goodman), gollashes (plenty of mud), a compass (located way off campus), a small TV (no video board for replay) and binoculars (tiny scoreboard). Other than that it is a fine venue.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Bring a flashlight (no lights at goodman), gollashes (plenty of mud), a compass (located way off campus), a small TV (no video board for replay) and binoculars (tiny scoreboard). Other than that it is a fine venue.

Don't forget a quality particulate mask. Since the Board of Health allows Lehigh students out for this event, they're going to have to spray.

ps to P94: Be careful, that's not really mud (although is is brown).

Pard94
November 18th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Don't forget a quality particulate mask. Since the Board of Health allows Lehigh students out for this event, they're going to have to spray.

ps to P94: Be careful, that's not really mud (although is is brown).

Incidentally Bethlehem is the town that most accurately recreates the smell of Newark, NJ. Quite a feat considering they don't have nearly the level of industry Newark does.

carney2
November 18th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Does anyone know if they are still doing those idiotic sobriety checks to gain entrance to the parking areas?

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Does anyone know if they are still doing those idiotic sobriety checks to gain entrance to the parking areas?

I think they only give people a hard time if you appear to potentialy be underage.

You plan on being drunk before arriving at the parking area? Nice job

carney2
November 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I think they only give people a hard time if you appear to potentialy be underage.

You plan on being drunk before arriving at the parking area? Nice job

You miss the point. They drastically slow down 15-18,000 people trying to funnel through a very few entrances. I missed the entire first half once back in the 90s while I just sat in that interminable line. People later told me that the 1st quarter that day was played in a half empty stadium. I wonder why. It is absolute insanity - and only in Squawkville. Lehigh minds - or lack thereof.