PDA

View Full Version : If you are a fan of Patriot League football...

Pard94
November 9th, 2009, 10:06 AM
...it would stand to reason that you would be rooting for Lafayette to upset the Holy Cross Crusdarers this week, no? HC is a special team and I' think they'd have an excellent chance to make some noise in the playoffs. That being said, given that their QB is a legitimate pro prospect and in the hunt for the Walter Payton Award, I think they'd be more likely to get an at large bid than Lafayette. Therefore, our best chance for two PL teams in the Playoffs would be to have Lafayette beat HC and the Crusaders get the at-large. Now I don't suspect for a minute anyone within 100 miles of Worcester would agree with me. Further more I think Danefan probably burst a blood vessel just reading this. That being said...I think my argument is sound. xthumbsupx

93henfan
November 9th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Please just beat them so we don't have an AQ with a loss to Brown. Please?

crusader11
November 9th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Agree....but I am not putting our playoff lives in the hands of the committee. Go 'Saders.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Maybe Cross will beat out Liberty for that spot . . . . .

(sorry guys - couldn't resist.):D

Pard94
November 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Maybe Cross will beat out Liberty for that spot . . . . .

(sorry guys - couldn't resist.):D

Brace yourself...

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2009, 10:28 AM
If Liberty losses to G Webb or Stony Brook, they are finished. It is not impossible, though unlikely. They lost to G Webb last year.

Sly Fox
November 9th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Go 'Pards! I'd love Liberty's chances before committee if HC loses this weekend.

Sly Fox
November 9th, 2009, 10:31 AM
If Liberty losses to G Webb or Stony Brook, they are finished. It is not impossible, though unlikely. They lost to G Webb last year.

Liberty hasn't lost a conference game since week two of the 2006 Big South season. The last two times we've faced G-W it hasn't been competitive. And the last time we played at Spangler in '07 it was 31-0 Flames.

Now the road trip to Stony Brook is a whole other matter.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Aw . . . now you're baiting 'em, Pard4Life! Get ready for the onslaught!

knucklehead
November 9th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Yea, great research there. LU is 10-1 in November under Rocco. I like that

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Liberty hasn't lost a conference game since week two of the 2006 Big South season. The last two times we've faced G-W it hasn't been competitive. And the last time we played at Spangler in '07 it was 31-0 Flames.

Now the road trip to Stony Brook is a whole other matter.

You lost to Presby last year.. they are technically not yet in the conference but that is some sematics xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2009, 11:08 AM
You lost to Presby last year.. they are technically not yet in the conference but that is some sematics xlolx

For that matter, they got spanked by us last year - at their homecoming or something like that.

Sly Fox
November 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
We try to forget that Clinton, SC even exists. xlolx

And I believe the references were to the Big South. Incidentally why would you guys be taking pot shots at a school who beat you in your own crib? You would think you'd be selling how underrated we were to pull that off.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Not taking shots at all. It's just that, for some reason, I completely forgot about last year's game against Liberty, which was considered a quality win for the Pards.

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2009, 11:41 AM
We try to forget that Clinton, SC even exists. xlolx

And I believe the references were to the Big South. Incidentally why would you guys be taking pot shots at a school who beat you in your own crib? You would think you'd be selling how underrated we were to pull that off.

We're not. I know Presby isnt technically a member of the Big South just yet, but you did lose to them in surpising fashion last year.

bluehenbillk
November 9th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I think the PL needs a lot of help to get a 2nd team in. It's not a matter really of the PL earning a 2nd spot versus other leagues playing themselves out of it.

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM
EXcuse me... Presby you lost to, not GW... either way, it was a team you were supposed to wallop. Win that and you were in. Let's see if your team has learned anything from last year with these coming games.

fantheflames71
November 9th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I think the team has. So far this year in conference play, we have outscored our opponents 187-59.

LEHIGH61
November 9th, 2009, 03:30 PM
GO HOLY CROSS!!!!!

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2009, 03:37 PM
GO HOLY CROSS!!!!!

Aw, c'mon. Don't ya want the chance to knock off the Patriot League Champs?

CrusaderBob
November 9th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Aw, c'mon. Don't ya want the chance to knock off the Patriot League Champs?

Technically, every team has that chance every year!

And the humble part of me prevents me from saying, Lehigh already had that opportunity and just missed knocking them off! xsmiley_wix

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Ah, but CrusaderBob, no team had yet claimed the championship. And by some odd, coincidental quirk of scheduling, Lafayette and Lehigh play in the last weekend of the season yet again this year (imagine that)! Since somebody will be crowned PL champion on Fitton Field next week, I just figured the Brown and White faithful might prefer a crack at the champs instead of the also-rans.

breezy
November 9th, 2009, 06:07 PM
The original theme of this thread is interesting -- it is the reason I was hoping that Colgate would defeat Lafayette last Saturday -- figuring that Colgate at 10-1 would have had a chance of getting an at-large bid.

Supporters of teams in other conferences might scoff, but the fact is that the PL has three teams in the top 25. Whoever winds up as the PL champion (Go Holy Cross!!!) will have been well-tested and will be quite deserving.

RichH2
November 9th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I hope you're right breezy. Let us not have a repeat of last year.

kardplayer
November 9th, 2009, 07:32 PM
There is a 0% chance I'll be rooting for Lafayette this weekend. It was bad enough rooting for them last weekend, when Lehigh still had a snowball's chance of running the patriot league table...

CrusaderBob
November 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Why root to be playing a team that will have a ready made excuse that they were resting for the playoffs? Wouldn't Lehigh rather be playing a Lafayette team playing their tails off for a possible at-large birth? And beat that team dashing any hopes of said at-large bid?

LEHIGH61
November 10th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Right on ,Kardplayer

LEHIGH61
November 10th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I just want them OUT!!

Bogus Megapardus
November 10th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Ah, but CrusaderBob, no team had yet claimed the championship. And by some odd, coincidental quirk of scheduling, Lafayette and Lehigh play in the last weekend of the season yet again this year (imagine that)! Since somebody will be crowned PL champion on Fitton Field next week, I just figured the Brown and White faithful might prefer a crack at the champs instead of the also-rans.

Why root to be playing a team that will have a ready made excuse that they were resting for the playoffs? Wouldn't Lehigh rather be playing a Lafayette team playing their tails off for a possible at-large birth? And beat that team dashing any hopes of said at-large bid?

CrusaderBob, I am the first to concede when a worth adversary posits a better argument. Well put.

May the best team win this weekend at Fitton Field . . . and then go on to Beat Lehigh.

Pard94
November 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I just want them OUT!!

Likewise. Except that Lehigh is already out so I guess you're playing for what this week...pride? I'm sure you'll be very proud if you win your meaningless game this Saturday. Then you can talk about the heart of the players and how they never gave up and how they are as talented as anyone in the league. Won't that feel good?

If I weren't so preoccupied worrying about the Leopard's game this weekend which actually has relevance I might expend some energy to care whether or not Lehigh loses...again. As it stands now my main concern is whether to go with chili or seafood chowder for the tailgate at Holy Cross. Personally I prefer the chowder. However, I can make much more chili and as it looks as though it will be crowded (again this game has meaning) it might serve me better to have enough to feed fellow Leopards who make the trip up from Easton (they are running busses up from campus you know) to root on Lafayette to yet another PL Championship. What's it going to be for the Lehigh tailgate? Peanut Butter and Jelly? 4 or 5 sandwiches ought to do it as I doubt you'll draw more than a couple of hundred to the game. That's what happens when you're playing for "pride". Have fun though, I wish you luck. I want all of you Chicken Hawks nice and proud of your gritty, "never give up" record when the Leopards roll into town the following week.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Likewise. Except that Lehigh is already out so I guess you're playing for what this week...pride? I'm sure you'll be very proud if you win your meaningless game this Saturday. Then you can talk about the heart of the players and how they never gave up and how they are as talented as anyone in the league. Won't that feel good?

If I weren't so preoccupied worrying about the Leopard's game this weekend which actually has relevance I might expend some energy to care whether or not Lehigh loses...again. As it stands now my main concern is whether to go with chili or seafood chowder for the tailgate at Holy Cross. Personally I prefer the chowder. However, I can make much more chili and as it looks as though it will be crowded (again this game has meaning) it might serve me better to have enough to feed fellow Leopards who make the trip up from Easton (they are running busses up from campus you know) to root on Lafayette to yet another PL Championship. What's it going to be for the Lehigh tailgate? Peanut Butter and Jelly? 4 or 5 sandwiches ought to do it as I doubt you'll draw more than a couple of hundred to the game. That's what happens when you're playing for "pride". Have fun though, I wish you luck. I want all of you Chicken Hawks nice and proud of your gritty, "never give up" record when the Leopards roll into town the following week.

This is good, very good. Nice bulletin board material for the 21st.

Pards Rule
November 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Wow - whoever would have thought we would be having threads like these 10 years ago this month (1999) relative to the respective state of the teams? I remember watching that most surprisingly close 14-12 Lehigh game (Russo's last after he made a surprise resignation on the eve of the game) which was the Pards 5th straight loss to the Hawks. The worm has indeed turned!!

Pard94
November 10th, 2009, 10:49 AM
This is good, very good. Nice bulletin board material for the 21st.

If the Chicken Hawks look to Pard94 from the AGS website for bulletin board material they are farther gone than I thought.

Schfourteenteen
November 10th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I think Colgate running the table was the last shot for the PL to get two teams in. Lafayette is behind Liberty, and Holy Cross has the loss to Brown that should keep them out as well. With that said the one who does get in(Go Pards!) should be a good PL rep.

Is this game available online anywhere? Liberty's Basketball game will keep me in Lynchburg with some time, so I'd love to catch the game.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2009, 11:09 AM
If the Chicken Hawks look to Pard94 from the AGS website for bulletin board material they are more far gone than I thought.

Trust me when I say that when it comes to "The Rivalry", coaches look far and wide for the signs of disrespect on the World Wide Internets. I know.

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Trust me when I say that when it comes to "The Rivalry", coaches look far and wide for the signs of disrespect on the World Wide Internets. I know.

Andy Coen is a bigger dork than I thought if he is parousing internet message boards for fodder.

Pard94
November 10th, 2009, 11:18 AM

In case you're right, LFN, let me add...you're campus is ugly, your stadium is run down and Lafayette women are better looking! Post away you Chicken Hawk coaches. Unless you have some sort of magic bulletin board...it won't help. xsmhx

Go...gate
November 10th, 2009, 02:32 PM
In case you're right, LFN, let me add...you're campus is ugly, your stadium is run down and Lafayette women are better looking! Post away you Chicken Hawk coaches. Unless you have some sort of magic bulletin board...it won't help. xsmhx

Now, THOSE are fighting words!!!

breezy
November 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I think Colgate running the table was the last shot for the PL to get two teams in. Lafayette is behind Liberty, and Holy Cross has the loss to Brown that should keep them out as well. With that said the one who does get in(Go Pards!) should be a good PL rep.

Is this game available online anywhere? Liberty's Basketball game will keep me in Lynchburg with some time, so I'd love to catch the game.

You can watch the game on CrusaderVision, available at the Holy Cross athletics web site (goholycross.com). A one-game pass is $6.95. The feed will be provided by Worcester's Channel 3, which is broadcasting the game in Massachusetts, and the quality will be good. Channel 3 offers replays and a clearer picture than games which are internet-only.

Enjoy! xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
November 10th, 2009, 04:04 PM

This game will be homer-vision at its finest! Both Lafayette and Holy Cross will have separate local television broadcasts that will be picked up on various cable and satellite systems, with each using their home-field analysts. The game will be available live, for the most part, from Boston down to Philadelphia. You can count on a very partisan play-by-play from both crews - and that's the way it's supposed to be! My guess is that both broadcasts will be available channelsurfing and/or myP2P, so take your pick. In fact, I know that the Pards call will be . . . xcoolx

hawkineer
November 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
...it would stand to reason that you would be rooting for Lafayette to upset the Holy Cross Crusdarers this week, no?

I can't stop laughing. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx Thanks, I haven't had much to smile about this year.

Oh by the way, that would be an emphatic NOOOOOOO!xsmiley_wix

ngineer
November 10th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Now, THOSE are fighting words!!!

Didn't you know Pard94 is cross-eyed?

Go...gate
November 11th, 2009, 09:13 AM

xlolx

Pard94
November 11th, 2009, 10:58 AM