PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 11

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 09:06 AM
What is the I-AA Game of the Week?

siuham
November 9th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Who needs a poll? It's NDSU & Indiana State.

AppStsGr8
November 9th, 2009, 09:10 AM
App & Elon!

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 09:14 AM
App & Elon!
There are actually several good choices IMO. LC vs HC is a playoff game.

Sly Fox
November 9th, 2009, 09:19 AM
As a Liberty fan, I'm voting for that PL showdown.

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I'm not so sure Lafayette won't get in if they don't win that game. They don't deserve to, but they might. Holy Cross is done with a loss to Brown if they lose that one.

Go Lafayette!

Also, I voted Elon/App. I think Lafayette/HC might be more important to the playoffs, but I really want to see what Elon/App have. Neither team has played anyone and won this season.

siuham
November 9th, 2009, 09:25 AM
App/Elon

App needs this to prove they can beat a top 25 team since the rest of the conference is down. Same for Elon.

OLDMAIN80
November 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
App & Elon!

What he saidxthumbsupx

darell1976
November 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
North Dakota at UC Davis for the GWFC Title!!!:D

siuham
November 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
North Dakota at UC Davis for the GWFC Title!!!:D

More pillow fights!...except, unlike the Pioneer, they use bricks in the GWFC.

UNH SUPERFAN
UNH - W&M without question!!

mcveyrl
I think you have to go App/Elon since it's the SoCon championship game, but as 89 stated, don't discount the importance of Laffy/Holy. The implications of that game spread much farther than just the PL title.

Pards Rule
November 9th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Pards vs Crusaders!!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 9th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I think you have to go App/Elon since it's the SoCon championship game, but as 89 stated, don't discount the importance of Laffy/Holy. The implications of that game spread much farther than just the PL title.

Agreed.

WestCoastAggie
November 9th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Isn't the UD-Navy game this sat? That should be up there on the list if it is?

PhoenixPhan06
November 9th, 2009, 09:49 AM
There's no question, it HAS to be Elon vs ASU

WestCoastAggie
November 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I would not be surprised if a little scuffle breaks out during the ASU/Elon game. I KNOW someone left some bulletin board material on the board.

PhoenixPhan06
November 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Southernfriedfootball just announced that they will be on campus tailgating. They were originally scheduled to visit the Clemson @ NC State game but decided to go with the bigger game

crusader11
November 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Had to go with the PL Championship this week. Elon and ASU are both going to the playoffs; the loser of the Lafayette Holy Cross game will be sitting on pins and needles come selection time.

AppAlum2003
November 9th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I'm not so sure Lafayette won't get in if they don't win that game. They don't deserve to, but they might. Holy Cross is done with a loss to Brown if they lose that one.

Go Lafayette!

Also, I voted Elon/App. I think Lafayette/HC might be more important to the playoffs, but I really want to see what Elon/App have. Neither team has played anyone and won this season.

I think most McNeese fans would agree that our game was a kind of "last team with the ball wins" game. They won and we lost. However, if ASU wins that game, they are probably ranked #2 or #3 in the nation and we aren't having this discussion.

The CAA-bias stinks around here.

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Isn't the UD-Navy game this sat? That should be up there on the list if it is?
I never include I-A games on the list. xpeacex

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I think most McNeese fans would agree that our game was a kind of "last team with the ball wins" game. They won and we lost. However, if ASU wins that game, they are probably ranked #2 or #3 in the nation and we aren't having this discussion.

Uh, if UNH hadn't blown an 11 point lead in the last 7 minutes of their UMass game, and then thrown an INT on the last play of the game...they'd be the #1 team in the country.

You can say that about virtually any team in the country. If you lose, you lose. It's no bias.

AppAlum2003
November 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Uh, if UNH hadn't blown an 11 point lead in the last 7 minutes of their UMass game, and then thrown an INT on the last play of the game...they'd be the #1 team in the country.

You can say that about virtually any team in the country. If you lose, you lose. It's no bias.

Understood - but you can't say ASU hasn't played anyone. They played a top 25 team OOC and it was extremely close all the way down to the wire. xpeacex

Silenoz
November 9th, 2009, 10:33 AM
App-Elon

Been waiting all season to see how each team will measure up

mcveyrl
November 9th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Understood - but you can't say ASU hasn't played anyone. They played a top 25 team OOC and it was extremely close all the way down to the wire. xpeacex

In his defense, I think he said "played anyone AND won."

UNHFootballAlum
November 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I went with UNH-WM. This game has CAA AQ and top 4 seed implications. Elon-ASU is also a big game. A win by Elon puts ASU in a must win situation in their last game of the year to get into the playoffs.

There are several other games where teams are playing for their playoff lives. Good FCS weekend of meaningful games

HensRock
November 9th, 2009, 11:13 AM
ASU @ Elon

WestCoastAggie
November 9th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Gotcha! But that ASU/Elon better live up to the Hype.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
ASU @ Elon is the big game ticket this week.

GeauxLions94
November 9th, 2009, 11:49 AM
xhomerx xhomerx xhomerx

There, I said it (that's what I voted) ... though Appy-Elon and McNeese-Texas State are both pretty intriguing.

jlcharles
November 9th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I voted UNH-W&M because this game is most likely going to determine the AQ in the CAA. And a loss by UNH gives Nova an inside track to the AQ.

But certainly, the ASU-Elon game is going to be a heck of a game, just the UNH-W&M game is more important to me.

ashram
November 9th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Very weird, and sad, not to see Furman @ Georgia Southern on here.

elonfan06
November 9th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Call it a homer pick but this game has been talked about since week one.

App St. vs Elon is the biggest game, no question. I don't have any doubt it will live up to the hype and doubt there will be any (off field) fights. Lookin forward to a packed house and some good ol fashion Southern Football.

GO PHOENIX!

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2009, 12:25 PM
One of the first times this year i've voted outside the CAA.. App-Elon. I honestly think W&M will take UNH to task.

Bronco
November 9th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Some great games this week. Hope one is on my TV so I can record.

If I was a Lehigh fan I'd be in good shape...I seem to have a Lehigh channel.

Ivytalk
November 9th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Just put in a homer vote for Harvard-Penn. The game will decide the Ivy title.

I'm pleasantly surprised that legendary Ivy-hater 89Hen even included it on the list!xcoolx:p

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2009, 12:31 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised that legendary Ivy-hater 89Hen even included it on the list!xcoolx:p

Villanova's wins over Penn and Temple are looking better and better each week. Penn has an incredible defense.. I almost voted for that game too, but couldn't bring myself to do so. This may be one of the better weeks all season for quality football

UMass922
November 9th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I went with Lafayette-Holy Cross, since it's pretty much a play-in game.

The two Southland games are very intriguing. Those four teams are tied atop the conference at 4-1, so these two games will start to sort that mess out.

Elon-ASU and UNH-W&M are of course both great games, but all four of those teams are probably going to make the playoffs anyway.

soccerguy315
November 9th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I picked ASU/Elon because the loser will be hurting to find a quality win in their resume

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 12:35 PM
:p Any game featuring two teams undefeated in conference this late gets on the list.

Gordon Shumway
November 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM

I thought Lafayette already won the Ivy title....:D

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Very weird, and sad, not to see Furman @ Georgia Southern on here.
It was strange. I saw that on the list of games and had to double check to make sure they both were really 4-5. xsmhx

SoCalAg
November 9th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I like the HC-LC playoff game.....playing for an AQ makes it so. A little love to the GWFC Championship game as well as UC Davis hosts North Dakota

AppAlum2003
November 9th, 2009, 12:39 PM
In his defense, I think he said "played anyone AND won."

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Uncle Buck
November 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM
App vs Elon gets the nod from me. It will be interesting to see how this one shakes out.

SpeedkingATL
November 9th, 2009, 12:47 PM
For many of us in the SoCon this is the game we've been waiting for...the high flying upstart against the dominate force in the SoCon over the last 4 years. AE/Cline/Quick vs Riddle/Hudgins.xbowx

I think both get in the playoffs but the loser will have to hit the road for the playoffs, at least after round one.xoopsx

Here's hoping it's half as good as last weeks Richmond/Nova contest. UNH and W&M is pretty interesting too and a similar situation.xreadx

ThompsonThe
November 9th, 2009, 12:56 PM
App vs Elon gets the nod from me. It will be interesting to see how this one shakes out.

Armanti Edwards' foot that he cut off in August and sewed back on should be OK by now. Sure wish he had gone to the hospital, they could have stitched it better, probably.

Superman and Superman Junior (Cadet) should make E-Loan (correction Elon) have a long day, night, month, and year.

Elon's Hudgins, breaking Jerry Rice' reception record -vs-
Armanti Edwards becoming the only Division-1 QB to every have 9,000 plus yards Passing, and 4,000 plus yards rushing.....ya gotta love it.

So, the App State -vs- Elon game is the one I voted for.

elonfan06
November 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Some great games this week. Hope one is on my TV so I can record.

If I was a Lehigh fan I'd be in good shape...I seem to have a Lehigh channel.

The App/Elon game is on SportSouth and thus won't be on either schools live stream. If anyone is in the DC area you can catch the game at Bailey's in Crystal City (Arlington, DC) where the Elon Alumni Chapter will have the game on. I'll be down at Rhodes Stadium.

GO PHOENIX!

Go...gate
November 9th, 2009, 01:52 PM

UD-Navy will be a hell of a game, IMO.

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2009, 02:16 PM

ONLY...IFIN' WE CATCH 'EM.......FULL O' DERE SELVES....xnodx....AWK!

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Could be, but I'm not holding my breath. :)

T-Dog
November 9th, 2009, 02:41 PM
A win by Elon puts ASU in a must win situation in their last game of the year to get into the playoffs.

True, but that final game is at home vs last place Western Carolina. Granted it's a rivalry game, but it's more a rivalry to Western than to App.

Not to mention last time Western came to Boone, App dropped 79 on them. xrulesx

putter
November 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM

going from winning in South Bend to playing the Hens....definitely possible.

UNHFootballAlum
November 9th, 2009, 04:09 PM
True, but that final game is at home vs last place Western Carolina. Granted it's a rivalry game, but it's more a rivalry to Western than to App.

You would no doubt be favored in that game against WCU, but to have both ASU and UNI in must win situations going in to the last game of the year...who would have thunk it at the beginning of the year

Wildcat80
November 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM
The University of New Hampshire at "mary & bill." Time to take the monkey off our backs and put our hat back into the #1 team pool. Wins over nova & w&m will get that done. Just do it Wildcats!!

Go...gate
November 9th, 2009, 05:46 PM

Right on, Mr. Chicken. And from reading the newspaper accounts I get the impression that the Mids think they are pretty good. I think the Hens have a good shot; moreover, you guys will bring your share of fans down to Annapolis, which is very close by.

boonegoon
November 9th, 2009, 07:08 PM

I also, distinctly, remember being @ Western when a certain Brad Hoover ran all over the 5th ranked Apps. Nothing like hearing overrated chanted at you as you leave. Never take a rivalry for granted.

LacesOut
November 9th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Appalachian State at Elon.

C'mon Elon!!!!!!!!

Keenan
November 9th, 2009, 07:26 PM
App St @ Elon

Let's go Fighting Christians!!! xrotatehx

Keenan
November 9th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Glad to see the App St. @ Elon will be televised as well.

3:00EST DirecTV Ch.649 xthumbsupx

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 9th, 2009, 07:49 PM
There are actually several good choices IMO. LC vs HC is a playoff game.

Right on! xthumbsupx

appmaj
November 13th, 2009, 10:19 AM
How did i miss this thread??

89Hen
November 13th, 2009, 10:38 AM
How did i miss this thread??
Early week thread that gets down to page 2 or 3 by Wednesday. xpeacex

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2009, 10:46 AM
There is no question it's LC-HC. Even ESPN realizes this. The best QB in the east vs one who has been tearing it up lately, two offenses who can score 50+. Winner gets a playoff spot, loser gets to pray.

Thank you SoCon partisans!

App-Elon and UNH-WM are all playoff bound.

CrackerRiley
November 13th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Homer pick!!

Let's go Mountaineers!

SoCalAg
November 13th, 2009, 11:48 AM
The playoff game in Worcester is the easy choice

iceman4221
November 13th, 2009, 12:17 PM
App State vs Elon is all the rage... Sorry about that W&M vs U New Hampshire fans ...

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx Call it the "AE effect", it is what it is!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

McNeeserocket
November 13th, 2009, 05:06 PM

I am a McNeese alumni, employee and fan. I was at the Appst. - McNeese game, and I will tell you that McNeese fans feels that whoever had the ball last would win the game. We were just glad we were the last team with the ball!

That game could have gone either way; much to the surprise of McNeese fans.

Edwards is the real deal and all of us who made the trip felt priviledged to see him in action in person. Of course we are happy with our QB and feel he is the right guy for us.

SDSUJacks
November 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Appy and Elon for sure. Two top 10 teams battling for the conference crown, doesn't get much better than that. Plus, they both are in need of a quality win, and the winner will get just that.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM
1) Lafayette at Holy Cross

2) McNeese State at Texas State

3) Furman at GSU (just because I'd like to have the Prozac Franchise at this one)