PDA

View Full Version : Statistical comparison of W&M and UNH.

Tribe4SF
November 9th, 2009, 07:40 AM
After nine games, good teams generally reflect their achievements in good team stats. These two 8-1 teams do just that. CAA rank is on left.

Scoring Offense

1. UNH 34.9
4. W&M 29.0

Scoring Defense

1. W&M 13.6
4. UNH 19.0

Total Offense

1. W&M 386.0
3. UNH 373.4

Passing Offense

5. W&M 209.6
7. UNH 205.9

Rushing Offense

2. W&M 176.4
4. UNH 167.6

Total Defense

1. W&M 237.4
5. UNH 299.8

Passing Defense

3. W&M 174.7
6. UNH 190.8

Rushing Defense

1. W&M 62.8
4. UNH 109.0

There are a few statistical categories with big disparities between the teams.

Kick Off Return Avg.

2. UNH 25.0 yds.
12. W&M 14.8 yds.

Punting (Net yds per punt)

1. W&M 37.2 yds.
11. UNH 29.6 yds.

Time of Possession

1. W&M 33:05
12. UNH 27:08

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2009, 08:09 AM
UNH's punter is terrible.

Most of these numbers are inflated because of last week's terrible effort, though I can't say for certain that won't happen again (granted, a lot of the offensive numbers are inflated from last week's game, too..)

I think the teams are pretty even and I would give W&M the edge considering they are home. Looking forward to this game, especially since UNH hasn't beaten W&M since 1998!

Tribe4SF
November 9th, 2009, 08:36 AM
UNH's punter is terrible.

Most of these numbers are inflated because of last week's terrible effort, though I can't say for certain that won't happen again (granted, a lot of the offensive numbers are inflated from last week's game, too..)

I think the teams are pretty even and I would give W&M the edge considering they are home. Looking forward to this game, especially since UNH hasn't beaten W&M since 1998!

Are you going to make the game?

UNHCATSFAN
November 9th, 2009, 08:36 AM
The key to the game saturday will be up front. This game is going to be similar in the trenches to the UMASS game. The Key to UNH will be if those green OTs can handle tracy and herbert up front.

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Are you going to make the game?

Depends on how work goes Friday. Certainly not flying, but if I can drive down early enough Friday I'll be planning to go.

Tribe4SF
November 9th, 2009, 08:53 AM
The key to the game saturday will be up front. This game is going to be similar in the trenches to the UMASS game. The Key to UNH will be if those green OTs can handle tracy and herbert up front.

You may be right there. In addition to Tracy and Herbert, Ravi Pradhanang and Marcus Hyde rotate at DE, and have seven sacks between them. Pradhanang is emerging as a star, and has three starts this year.

If one of these teams can produce a consistent ground game, I think they get the edge. I've always thought Kackert was one of the best runners in the conference, and I see he broke out last week.

UNH Fanboi
November 9th, 2009, 09:43 AM
You may be right there. In addition to Tracy and Herbert, Ravi Pradhanang and Marcus Hyde rotate at DE, and have seven sacks between them. Pradhanang is emerging as a star, and has three starts this year.

If one of these teams can produce a consistent ground game, I think they get the edge. I've always thought Kackert was one of the best runners in the conference, and I see he broke out last week.

Kackert is a great back IF used properly. He's not the type of back who you can just hand-off to up the middle three times in a row and expect a first down. He will do well if the offense is mixing things up and keeping the defense guessing. If the passing game isn't working and the running game is too predictable, UNH will be in trouble (unless the defense bails them out).

UNHFootballAlum
November 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM
IMHO - The game will be won or lost on whether our D-line and backers can control the Wm & Mary running game. They have a very good Ol and grimes is an excellent back. Looks to be a great game. Too bad it isn't on TV