PDA

View Full Version : Cap'n Cat Back From Chattanoogey!!!

Cap'n Cat
December 19th, 2005, 12:30 PM
First, the game: All power and glory to App State for pulling it off! Stopped UNI in the fourth and pinned 'em down.

Northern Iowa: Very proud! No one can say a Dome team can't win any longer! 2-1 in the cold! Go get 'em next season!

Chattanooga: I'm a converted Las Vegas guy. There ain't any other place to have the game than Chatty. They roll out the red carpet for everyone and you can feel it! I'm a Chatty NC guy forever! If you haven't been there during champy weekend, as a I-AA fan, you're missing something! You Orlando and Las Vegas rubes are just WRONG!!!

ASU fans: Super fans, no a-holes. Just great Mountaineer followers. Modest in victory.

UNI fans: Ditto. Gracious in defeat.

Great football weekend!!!!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

DinoDex200
December 19th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Funny how the one UNI fan I trust on this board has no horror stories about these rabid ASU fans I'm hearing about. Seems to me he's the same one who had nothing bad to say about the supposedly unruly UNH fans. I see a pattern developing...

As for your Chatty comments. I am in complete agreement. Great little town...good bars, nice downtown, affordable hotels, perfect size stadium, and plenty of tailgate space! Keep it there...

JMU Duke Dog
December 19th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Good to see you made it back safely Cap'n Cat. Best of wishes to you and your Northern Iowa Panthers in 2006!

Pards Rule
December 19th, 2005, 12:42 PM
First, the game: All power and glory to App State for pulling it off! Stopped UNI in the fourth and pinned 'em down.

Northern Iowa: Very proud! No one can say a Dome team can't win any longer! 2-1 in the cold! Go get 'em next season!

Chattanooga: I'm a converted Las Vegas guy. There ain't any other place to have the game than Chatty. They roll out the red carpet for everyone and you can feel it! I'm a Chatty NC guy forever! If you haven't been there during champy weekend, as a I-AA fan, you're missing something! You Orlando and Las Vegas rubes are just WRONG!!!

ASU fans: Super fans, no a-holes. Just great Mountaineer followers. Modest in victory.

UNI fans: Ditto. Gracious in defeat.

Great football weekend!!!!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Capt, last time I checked Chatty was still in Tenn. I don't think Gov. Easley has annexed it yet to NC! GO LAFAYETTE IN 2006!

Hansel
December 19th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Capt, last time I checked Chatty was still in Tenn. I don't think Gov. Easley has annexed it yet to NC! GO LAFAYETTE IN 2006!
Chatty NC = Chatty national championship game

Griswold
December 19th, 2005, 12:47 PM

NC = National Championship

Pards Rule
December 19th, 2005, 12:49 PM
my error...Since we haven't played in one I'm not familiar with the shorthand :rolleyes:

Appdad
December 19th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Cap'n Cat,

Sounds like you went to the same game I did.

Great venue, great fans, two great teams playing their heart's out!

What an experience!

Cap'n Cat
December 19th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Funny how the one UNI fan I trust on this board has no horror stories about these rabid ASU fans I'm hearing about. Seems to me he's the same one who had nothing bad to say about the supposedly unruly UNH fans. I see a pattern developing...

As for your Chatty comments. I am in complete agreement. Great little town...good bars, nice downtown, affordable hotels, perfect size stadium, and plenty of tailgate space! Keep it there...

Dino,
It's all perspective with Cap'n Cat. "Rabid" is in the eye of the beholder.

The ASU fans I witnessed were certainly less "reserved" than the UNI fans, but, hey, they're fans. I was sick as a mf'n dog for the game and sat next to the most annoying UNI fan, who MOF, I think was a current player who didn't dress - he wouldn't shut up; know-it-all pr*ck. I had to move. Even his girfriend was getting pizzed at him. Hey was teasing the ASU fans in front of us early in the game and I had to remind him that there was plenty of game to be played yet. He didn't care. Funny, he "disappeared" about two minutes into the fourth. :rolleyes:

After the game, Cap'n Cat stood with about nine ASU fans and applauded the game and the ASU people flooding the field. Quite a spectacle, hats off to ASU - very glad new blood won a trophy. We'll get ours next year, maybe.

At the bars Thursday night, the UNI and ASU people mingled without incident and much mutual respect flowed. I was sick for the Friday night partying, so's I went back to my room and rented a coupla "Girls Gone Wild" episodes on SpectraVision, but D1B says he ran into nothing but terrific ASU people at the bars after the game. He talked to several of them and says he had the opportunity to leave with several ASU coeds and MILFs had he wanted to. :nod: I walked, sick as hell, in all my UNI gear, back to my truck about nine blocks away through a couple hundred hootin' 'n' hollerin' App Fans and had no issues. Couple drunk people stumbled up during this walk and complimented me on how good they found UNI to be and that they thought they would roll right over UNI, and how UNI had 'em down, and blah, blah, blah, and such.

So, bad ASU fans? Heck, I didn't meet any.

Regarding UNH, though, Dino, and what I had to say - the less said here, the better. I just wanted that discussion to end.

Great football weekend in Chattanooga.

:bow:

ngineer
December 19th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Okay Cap'n, NOW you can go have a cold one at Crapsville!
Glad to see you made it back in one 'piece' (or did you? :smiley_wi )

Cap'n Cat
December 19th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Okay Cap'n, NOW you can go have a cold one at Crapsville!
Glad to see you made it back in one 'piece' (or did you? :smiley_wi )

I refuse to associate with you degenerates and undesirables in Crapsville. You make it to the NC game, win or lose, you are exempted from Crapsville!

:asswhip: :asswhip: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

D1B was up all frickin' night Friday. I picked him up at 10:30 Sat morning at the Holiday Inn and he had not slept yet.

:rolleyes:

Guess who had to drive all the way home??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GtFllsGriz
December 19th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Did anyone make it to T-Bones? I sure had a good time there last year.

Cap'n Cat
December 19th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Did anyone make it to T-Bones? I sure had a good time there last year.

T-Bones is closed down. Converted to this:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/2004news/12_16c.jpg

But, yes, I did go there.

DinoDex200
December 19th, 2005, 02:30 PM
T-Bones is closed down. Converted to this:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/2004news/12_16c.jpg

But, yes, I did go there.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Pards Rule
December 19th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Did u happen to run into UNHWildcats at this particular venue? xlolx

Cap'n Cat
December 19th, 2005, 03:18 PM
--EDITED FOR SMACK--

blukeys
December 19th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Did u happen to run into UNHWildcats at this particular venue? xlolx

UNHWildcats can't go to a place like that. He's still at home waiting for Verizon to install his DSL line. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mountain Panther
December 19th, 2005, 08:35 PM
I walked by T-Bones but didn't go in. Guess I should have. We spent most of Friday afternoon at the Big River Brewery. NICE place. xprost2x

All in all I had a fantastic time. Bummed we couldn't come out of it with a W but I'd rather have it go to Appy State than a lot of other teams. If UNI tailgating was THAT good at every game, we'd be undefeated.

The thing about going to the NC is that it's very addictive. I want to go back next year SO bad. Bring on the recruiting class! :beerchug:

Pantherpower
December 19th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing, MountainPanther. Once you get a taste of the National Championship Game experience, you can't get enough. The highlight for me was seeing all of the early through late 80's players who laid the foundation for the championship team that took the field last Friday. The Beals brothers, Mike Smith, Brian Baker, Spence Cowan...what a great time!! And yes, YES, WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beerchug: :hurray:

December 19th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing, MountainPanther. Once you get a taste of the National Championship Game experience, you can't get enough. The highlight for me was seeing all of the early through late 80's players who laid the foundation for the championship team that took the field last Friday. The Beals brothers, Mike Smith, Brian Baker, Spence Cowan...what a great time!! And yes, YES, WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beerchug: :hurray:It was nice seeing you again sir! I keep telling people to come to Chatty even if their team isn't playing because it is a blast (and less stressful if your team is not playing). It is our, I-AA, SUPER BOWL!

Pards Rule
December 20th, 2005, 09:29 AM
UNHWildcats can't go to a place like that. He's still at home waiting for Verizon to install his DSL line. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ah, maybe Verizon DID install the DSL line so he doesn't need to visit a place like that :)

oldputtytat
December 20th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Hey Cappy.............still waiting in the hotel lobby for the ride to the airport!

Cap'n Cat
December 20th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Cappy.............still waiting in the hotel lobby for the ride to the airport!

HEY!!!!

You never called. I figured you got a ride!!!

gasouthern01
December 20th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Cap-n, It was good talking to you Thursday night at the bar and also talking with your fellow 1985 UNI players. Those were some BIG OLE boys!! Being the only Georgia Southern guy in the bar, it was awesome hearing there stories about Ham and Erk and that game. See you in the Boro next year for the Appy/GSU game!

Cap'n Cat
December 20th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Cap-n, It was good talking to you Thursday night at the bar and also talking with your fellow 1985 UNI players. Those were some BIG OLE boys!! Being the only Georgia Southern guy in the bar, it was awesome hearing there stories about Ham and Erk and that game. See you in the Boro next year for the Appy/GSU game!

I'll be there! Good talkin' with you, too. Seein' them guys, did you at all wonder how in the "F" GSU beat UNI that year???

:smiley_wi

oldputtytat
December 20th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Cap'n.............we did get a ride. You didn't look very good Friday and didn't want to bother you. That was the last thing you needed to do. Had a great time.........it is infectious. The atmosphere was what a Championship Game should have been!

December 20th, 2005, 02:51 PM
... Had a great time.........it is infectious. The atmosphere was what a Championship Game should have been!That's what I keep telling people. Even if your team isn't playing, the Champ Game is all about the top in I-AA playing for the ring and the atmosphere is something any I-AA fan would love!

gasouthern01
December 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I'll be there! Good talkin' with you, too. Seein' them guys, did you at all wonder how in the "F" GSU beat UNI that year???

:smiley_wi

Heck yeah I was thinking that, those guys were bigger than I have seen at the I-AA level. Great group of guys no doubt!! I was nervous for a minute when they saw my GSU pin, I didn't think I would make it out of there alive haa. See you in the fall!

GrizFamily
December 20th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Yep, the atmosphere is infectious. That's why I traveled all the way to Nooga for the game. Had a great time. Looked for you at the tailgates before the game, Cap'n, but I think now I know why I didn't see you. Talked to many ASU and UNI fans and ALL were great fans. I didn't witness one bad fan the whole time I was there. I did get a few comments about why a Griz fan would be at the game, but I expected that. Great time and Great event. I would definately encourage any fan of a I-AA program to go to the game even if your team isn't playing. I, for one, had a great time and met lots of great fans.