PDA

View Full Version : H1/N1 and Teams

fltheadgriz
November 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Just wondering. Have any of the teams in playoff contention have had the H1/N1 virus go through their schools as of yet?xconfusedx

rcny46
November 6th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I think I read somewher earlier today that Villanova had 15 players affected by it to some degree during this past week.That's the only report I've seen.

Go...gate
November 6th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I believe Blair Academy and Princeton Day School in NJ both had to forfeit FB games last week, so it is definitely a factor on the secondary school scene.

ngineer
November 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I know it's running rampant through our school district right now...though more concentrated in elementary and middle school levels.

gophoenix
November 6th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Just wondering. Have any of the teams in playoff contention have had the H1/N1 virus go through their schools as of yet?xconfusedx

Reportedly went through the Elon football team the same time it did Duke in the preseason.

skinny_uncle
November 7th, 2009, 12:57 AM
The Salukis had a player out with the flu last weekend, but I don't know which kind.

bpcats
November 7th, 2009, 01:28 AM
MSU I believe had at least one player with it but cannot confirm which one. We have had 5 or 6 starters miss the game due to the flu. One game both our kicker and punter/backup kicker were down and it cost us big time versus EWU..

We are getting healthier now, and have Buck Buchannon candidate coming back from mono in which he has missed 3 games

grizchamp
November 7th, 2009, 08:19 AM
MSU I believe had at least one player with it but cannot confirm which one. We have had 5 or 6 starters miss the game due to the flu. One game both our kicker and punter/backup kicker were down and it cost us big time versus EWU..

We are getting healthier now, and have Buck Buchannon candidate coming back from mono in which he has missed 3 games

Only missing 3 weeks to Mono is pretty impressive/risky. Must have been a mild case or caught right away as most Dr's are really careful with this because the spleen can rupture so easily with mono. Football of course is about as risky a sport to play when dealing with mono.

As for the swine...

Rumor is that it is hitting Montana a bit right now. I guess better now than 3 weeks from now.