PDA

View Full Version : CSN West: Pioneer Football League Race is Three Headed to End Season

CSN-info
November 5th, 2009, 07:31 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/82529_CSNWest.JPG

CSN West: Pioneer Football League Race is Three Headed to End Season
By Kent Schmidt, CSN West Columnist

Kind of forgotten in this race for automatic and at-large FCS playoffs, the Pioneer Football League has a race that might top all conferences in the FCS ranks. While it is unlikely any PFL team will make the FCS playoffs, the winner of the conference still will get a postseason bid to the Gridiron Classic.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/11/05/csn-west-pioneer-football-league-race-is?blog=5)

Shockerman
November 5th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Do the MVC proud Drake and bring it home...

Model Citizen
November 5th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hey Kent--I suggest consulting a dictionary on dominate v. dominant.

CSN-info
November 5th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Hey Kent--I suggest consulting a dictionary on dominate v. dominant.

xnonono2x

Model Citizen
November 5th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Good...now fix the second one. xrolleyesx

CSN-info
November 5th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Good...now fix the second one. xrolleyesx

xnonono2x xnonono2x 2000 word article and the only comments you have are two spellos. xnonono2x

downbythebeach
November 5th, 2009, 09:29 PM
yeah that was kinda douchbaggy

401ks
November 5th, 2009, 11:25 PM
xnonono2x xnonono2x 2000 word article and the only comments you have are two spellos. xnonono2x

Yeah, someone finally writes something about the PFL and this guy has the gall to point out "spellos" (sic).

Jeez, if he's going to be picky he could've pointed out factual errors such as:

In fact, Butler has not defeated a PFL team by more than a touchdown.

Butler 23 Valparaiso 14

xoopsx

But hey, thanks for the article! It's better than being ignored, or (as is most common on these boards) dissed.

xthumbsupx

DetroitFlyer
November 6th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Nice to see the PFL on the radar so to speak.... No doubt that the finish in the PFL this year will be as exciting as any FCS conference. This really speaks to just how challenging it is to win a conference championship in any given season and how special that title is for the team that wins. I will be at the Butler visiting Dayton game on Saturday. Butler usually brings a good crowd to Dayton, even in the down years. I'm hoping for great attendance. The weather is looking good, so it should be a great game. I really think that the Flyers should win, but as I have said elsewhere, Butler has been having one of those seasons of destiny things going on.... They just seem to find a way to win every week. I'm also glad to see Butler doing well. A few years ago, most of us were worried that Butler was so bad that maybe they would drop football. But, Butler had a plan and has excuted it very well. They will be playing the likes of YSU in the future, and if they stay on track, they will be more than ready for those type of games.... Now, I'm just hoping that Valpo can follow Butler's lead....

Getting back to Saturday, all I can say it GO FLYERS!!!!!

maristdb89
November 6th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Butler v. Dayton, should be a very interesting game. I give the edge to Dayton at home, but Butler could be that team with a destiny. Winner then needs to beat Drake.

As a Marist fan, I'm looking for the improbable Marist runs the table and is Co-League champ xthumbsupx Barring that it's been a good year in the new league.

JD51
November 6th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Butler v. Dayton, should be a very interesting game. I give the edge to Dayton at home, but Butler could be that team with a destiny. Winner then needs to beat Drake.

As a Marist fan, I'm looking for the improbable Marist runs the table and is Co-League champ xthumbsupx Barring that it's been a good year in the new league.

I agree, it has been a good year and a great change from the MAAC. Doing better than predicted has been pleasant. Let's hope they get by a struggling G'town team this weekend especially after a tough loss to Bucknell.

Butler v. Dayton should be interesting.

downbythebeach
November 6th, 2009, 01:21 PM
^^^ had to be nice to get out the MAAC
those teams pretty much all tried football on the cheapest of cheap while the Pioneer has its own niche as academic schools with a commitment to the best brand of non scholarship football possible
if anyone ever had the oppurtunity to see St. Peter's or LaSalles stadiums you get what im saying

maristdb89
November 6th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I agree, it has been a good year and a great change from the MAAC. Doing better than predicted has been pleasant. Let's hope they get by a struggling G'town team this weekend especially after a tough loss to Bucknell.

We should be 6-2 if we'd made that 28yd field goal against Bucknell.xoopsx

G'Town is not as bad as their record indicates, so Marist needs to bring it.

Franks Tanks
November 6th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Georgetown is unfortunantly every bit as bad as their record. They may even be worse than their record if that was in anyway possible for a team with 0 wins. Their D is ok, but their O is just historically bad.

I hope Georgetown can get the W, but I think Marist will win.

Go...gate
November 6th, 2009, 06:40 PM
^^^ had to be nice to get out the MAAC
those teams pretty much all tried football on the cheapest of cheap while the Pioneer has its own niche as academic schools with a commitment to the best brand of non scholarship football possible
if anyone ever had the oppurtunity to see St. Peter's or LaSalles stadiums you get what im saying

Agreed. The PFL is clearly building a niche of its own. Big issue is going to be if they can get a play-off autobid as time goes on.

maristdb89
November 7th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Agreed. The PFL is clearly building a niche of its own. Big issue is going to be if they can get a play-off autobid as time goes on.

Not sure about AB, definitely hope so, but OOC scheduling is a concern.

downbythebeach
November 7th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I would have to imagine that GU brings the computer rankings down quite a bit every year for the PL
Would a full scholly PL force a GU move to the pioneer? or would GU rather stay in a conference more stacked against them and continue to not properly fund the sport.....i mean an L is an L against a non schooly patriot or a full scholly patriot

by the way I am a Saint Francis fan, so I feel GU's pain....we should continue our series soon
xpeacex

JD51
November 7th, 2009, 01:55 PM

That Bucknell game was a heart breaker. Sort of like the loss to Georgetown last year with two missed extra points and a touchdown call back. I hope they're able to handle the Hoyas by more than the one or two point margin that usually decides this series. On the flip side, I take no joy in seeing Georgetown, a former MAAC football brother, have a struggling season.

maristdb89
November 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
On the flip side, I take no joy in seeing Georgetown, a former MAAC football brother, have a struggling season.

Agreed.

But what a game, another one won in the last minute. Congrats to the Foxes!!!