PDA

View Full Version : My worst nightmare...

Pard94
December 19th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I am afraid we Lafayette Leopards may become victims of our own success. I certainly have no inside information whatsoever. But it seems to me the most qualified person for the head coach spot at Lehigh is Coach Bob Heffner at Lafayette. He is, in many people's estimation, one of the finest coaches in the Patriot League at any level. He turned down a spot on Ron Zook's staff at Illinois to provide some stability for his young family. The have really grown attached to the Lehigh Valley.

His qualifications for the role are indisputable and Lehigh would immediately imporve should they pry him free of Lafayette. It would be a devastating loss for Lafayette if Coach Heff leaves. That alone would make him attractive to Lehigh. Santa, all I want for Christmas is to learn that Coach Heff is way too loyal to Lafayette to even throw his hat in the ring. Please God, please... :confused:

colgate13
December 19th, 2005, 08:29 AM
I just realized I predicted this/asked this on the Lafayette board last week!

:dizzy:

Lafalumni29
December 19th, 2005, 08:48 AM
I am afraid we Lafayette Leopards may become victims of our own success. I certainly have no inside information whatsoever. But it seems to me the most qualified person for the head coach spot at Lehigh is Coach Bob Heffner at Lafayette. He is, in many people's estimation, one of the finest coaches in the Patriot League at any level. He turned down a spot on Ron Zook's staff at Illinois to provide some stability for his young family. The have really grown attached to the Lehigh Valley.

His qualifications for the role are indisputable and Lehigh would immediately imporve should they pry him free of Lafayette. It would be a devastating loss for Lafayette if Coach Heff leaves. That alone would make him attractive to Lehigh. Santa, all I want for Christmas is to learn that Coach Heff is way too loyal to Lafayette to even throw his hat in the ring. Please God, please... :confused:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colgate13
December 19th, 2005, 08:56 AM
I think he is certainly attractive to Lehigh in some aspects. But there are two questions:

Will Lehigh even consider hiring someone from 'Lafayette'?

Would Heffner ever consider working for 'Lehigh'?

There are some strong rivalries there. I don't know if they are so strong they can't be overcome, but they shouldn't be dismissed.

Pard94
December 19th, 2005, 09:40 AM
I just realized I predicted this/asked this on the Lafayette board last week!

:dizzy:

So you did, 13. I probably blocked out the very suggestion of such a terrible thing coming to pass. I pray it doesn't happen.

colgate13
December 19th, 2005, 09:58 AM
So you did, 13. I probably blocked out the very suggestion of such a terrible thing coming to pass. I pray it doesn't happen.

I think it is a HUGE longshot. Too much water under the bridge between LC and LU. If he just joined the LC staff, I'd give it better chances.

I'm sure that doesn't help your nerves!

Pard94
December 19th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I think it is a HUGE longshot. Too much water under the bridge between LC and LU. If he just joined the LC staff, I'd give it better chances.

I'm sure that doesn't help your nerves!

I feel like I should just keep quiet about this as you never know who might be reading and I don't want to tip any cards (as if I held any :rolleyes: ). Lehigh would be foolish not to consider Hef. I'm going to put aside his tremendous experience and simply point out that hiring Hef would greatly hamstring Lafayette...not two ways about it. I'm hoping Hef hates Lehigh as much as he seems to.

December 19th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Hef to Lehigh??

:) :eyebrow:

JohnG
December 20th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Will Lehigh even consider hiring someone from 'Lafayette'?

A while back (maybe the 50s) didnt Lehigh hire a head coach away from Laf and then they hired him back a few years later? I could be wrong I just thought I remembered them mentioning something about it on the Lehigh/Laf Legacy.

Pards Rule
December 20th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Hef must stay!

Pard4Life
December 20th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I'm sure Tavani will drop by Hef's house at 3am one night to give him some good reasons why he should not take that Lehigh job.

I think Frank should send him on a recruiting trip to Russia or Africa... someplace far far away.

There would be no way I'd want my close associate and friend leading the organization that we seek to dominate every year.

Also Hef would know way too much about our team... why not we just sell the Lafayette playbook to Lehigh?