View Full Version : UTC @ ASU

Pages : [1] 2

Saint3333
November 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Need to concentrate on UTC this week, what some see as a trap game that ASU should easily win I see as ASU playing against a solid team that is much improved from previous years. I hope this thread can remain a UTC vs. ASU decision, but I doubt it will.

UTC has 3rd best defense in the SoCon and a pass first offense, sound familar. UTC gives up under 300 yards a game and in 2nd in sacks at just under 3 per game. If the offense can get 500 yards and keep AE upright it will be a good test prior to next weeks match-up. UTC has good of athletes and likely the best defensive HC in the conference. Remember these two names:

Josh Beard, DL, leds the SoCon in sacks and and 2nd in TFL.

Blue Cooper, WR, 2nd in receptions and 3rd in yards in the SoCon.

T-Dog
November 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
The last time Huesman came up to Boone was last December as the Richmond DC. That's all the motivation the App players will need.

biggie
November 3rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
AE will need to be protected and continue to throw well on the run. Anyone investigated how their CBs/Safeties stack up for speed/height?

Our D will need to put pressure on their QB and hit people with the ball, they do seem to have quite a few turnovers, especially fumbles (not sure if that is QB or WR/RB fumbles). But can't give them time to throw it down the field. One improvement over Furman must be stopping the run up the middle and the deep ball.

Waco Kid
November 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Their passing O should be a concern for any App fan that has witnessed this years D, but at the same time UTC has played a very weak schedule. Their most impressive win came over Wofford when WoCo had half the team in bed sick. Looking for the D to play more like they did against GSU than FU.

SpeedkingATL
November 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
UTC is not eligible for the playoffs this year, so this has to be the biggest game of the year for them. They are much improved and will not be taken lightly. Here's hoping the A -train keeps rolling.....
xbeerchugx

B&G
November 3rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
This is about the perfect tune up game because Chatty is built like a very poor man's Elon. Their QB isn't exactly mobile so I think DE Jabari Fletcher is going to give him nightmares.

appmaj
November 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Just hope they don't look past the Mocs...trap game

biggie
November 3rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
This is about the perfect tune up game because Chatty is built like a very poor man's Elon. Their QB isn't exactly mobile so I think DE Jabari Fletcher is going to give him nightmares.
Chatty's OL will be the question.

Furman's OL killed us on the line of scrimmage. But they were in the top 2-3 OLs we've faced so far.

MaxASU'81
November 3rd, 2009, 07:32 PM
IIRC two years ago with a coaching staff that shot themselves in the foot UTC was leading well into the second half...the AE took over! They will play us tough and Huesin (sp) knows how to play us! Can't wait for Big "C"'s thread on MMB!

MaxASU'81
November 3rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
IIRC two years ago with a coaching staff that shot themselves in the foot UTC was leading well into the second half...then AE took over! They will play us tough and Huesin (sp) knows how to play us! Can't wait for Big "C"'s thread on MMB!

CrackerRiley
November 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa..... wait, wait just one minute. Apps next game is against Elon!!
What are you people talking about!?!?

xwhistlex

Aho_Old_Guy
November 3rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa..... wait, wait just one minute. Apps next game is against Elon!!
What are you people talking about!?!?

xwhistlex

We have some deadly Snake-handling before we move on to the fighting Christians.

Those Mocs ain't poisonous but they gots a pretty mean bite this year.

PhoenixMan
November 3rd, 2009, 08:03 PM
The QB is decent, and they have a receiver named Blue Cooper. Good speed, good hands, and gets open. Shut him down and they can't move the ball against Appy at all.

B&G
November 3rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
The QB is decent, and they have a receiver named Blue Cooper. Good speed, good hands, and gets open. Shut him down and they can't move the ball against Appy at all.

Yep. Gotta watch out for those Blue balls.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Like I thought.. all the mod's here have hidden agenda's and make up infractions against members whom they don't like. You're all a bunch of f u c king cowards. All you're doing is causing everyone to go over to CHAMPIONSHIPSUBDIVISION.COM and never come back to this pathetic site. It is truly amazing that so many immature cowards subjectively moderate this place without any accountability or repercussions for their actions. Go **** yourselves **** stains!!!

UCMoc
November 3rd, 2009, 09:32 PM
We have some deadly Snake-handling before we move on to the fighting Christians.

Those Mocs ain't poisonous but they gots a pretty mean bite this year.

No, he's right. Move along, nothing to see here. Keep planning for Elon. They're

coming fast and hard. Pay no mind to little ol' UTC.

longtimemocfan
November 3rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Chatty's OL will be the question.

Furman's OL killed us on the line of scrimmage. But they were in the top 2-3 OLs we've faced so far.

OL protects rather well 9 sacks 8 games. Protecting the QB isn't our problem..We lost one of the better running backs in the conference (Bryan Fitzgerald) for the year..So the running game has suffered greatly.

Last 2 trips to Boone we have played ASU very well taking both games into the 4th qtr.

jonmac
November 4th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Good to see some Mocs fans on the board and glad to see you guys having a little more success this season but hoping it takes a week off on Saturday. GOAPPSGO!!!!!!!

AppStsGr8
November 4th, 2009, 07:46 AM
While some App fans are overlooking the UTC game, I don't imagine the App players or coaching staff are doing anything of the kind. UTC has shown dramatic improvement this year and always seems to hang tough with App for two or three quarters. I'm looking for a better game this weekend than many might expect.

Defense for App will be key again. If the pass defense isn't very solid, UTC could make the score closer than I'd like.

I, too, am glad to see UTC playing better football this year. A strong SoCon makes a better SoCon. Go APPS!

ASUG8
November 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Check the post just added regarding CoCo - knee injury. :(

appirishmen
November 4th, 2009, 09:09 AM

yea, UTC is a lot like Elon. our offense will score regardless, but the question will be if the passing defense will show up. If they can shut down UTCs big WR and Elons WR app will do well. If not, these next two games will be long and rough. i dont think UTC has the depth to keep up with App if we play a full game again, but Elon does, so we will have to play 60 mins on defense.

SpeedkingATL
November 4th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Having been a witness to the crazy 59-56 (I think that was the final score) loss to UTC at Chatty in 2004 I wouldn't take this game for granted. Covering deep routes has not been ASU's best charactistic and Blue Cooper is the real deal. I do't want to see this game become another McNesse State shootout, so the Apps D needs to play well early as it has the last two weeks.

Good to see UTC improve, but not this week.xnodx

whoanellie
November 4th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Asheville Cit/Times article w/ major typo

No matter how little they're thinking or talking about it, the seventh-ranked (FCS) Mountaineers' trip to Elon one week from Saturday will likely settle this year's league championship.

With an improved Chattanooga squad due in Boone this weekend, though, Moore was in no mood to discuss whether the Elon game has crossed his mind.

“Elon?” Moore said. “We've got our hands full with Chattanooga. Elon, everybody knows it. We certainly haven't been talking about Elon, I can assure you that. All you've got to do is look at what's happening in Chattanooga, and it doesn't take long to get anything about Elon out of your mind.”

Indeed, the Mocs (5-3, 3-3) can equal their win total from the previous three years with a rare victory over the Mountaineers (6-2, 5-0).

Under Moore, the Mountaineers are 18-2 against the Mocs.

Meanwhile, sixth-ranked Elon (7-1, 5-0) pays a visit to last-place Western Carolina (1-7, 1-5). Elon coach Russ Huesman didn't necessarily avoid the topic of playing for the league title.

“What I do think a win this week would mean is it would continue us on the path to compete for a championship in November,” Huesman said. “That's where every program would like to be is in the hunt at this time of year.”

Coming off a wrenching four-point loss at Chattanooga last week, WCU and coach Dennis Wagner have other incentives going into Saturday's showdown.

The Cats haven't won two Southern Conference games in a season since 2005. Their only remaining opportunities to reach — or exceed — that total are against teams currently tied for first.

WCU ends its season Nov. 21 at ASU.

“(Elon) is certainly on a mission headed in the direction for a big fight with App,” Wagner said. “But we want to be the bump in the road. That's what we keep talking to our guys about.

“All we can do now is try to affect what happens to Elon and App with our performance against them,” Wagner continued. “You steal a win in both of those games, and all of a sudden you make a big loud noise in our conference.”

phoenixphanatic21
November 4th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Asheville Cit/Times article w/ major typo

No matter how little they're thinking or talking about it, the seventh-ranked (FCS) Mountaineers' trip to Elon one week from Saturday will likely settle this year's league championship.

With an improved Chattanooga squad due in Boone this weekend, though, Moore was in no mood to discuss whether the Elon game has crossed his mind.

“Elon?” Moore said. “We've got our hands full with Chattanooga. Elon, everybody knows it. We certainly haven't been talking about Elon, I can assure you that. All you've got to do is look at what's happening in Chattanooga, and it doesn't take long to get anything about Elon out of your mind.”

Indeed, the Mocs (5-3, 3-3) can equal their win total from the previous three years with a rare victory over the Mountaineers (6-2, 5-0).

Under Moore, the Mountaineers are 18-2 against the Mocs.

Meanwhile, sixth-ranked Elon (7-1, 5-0) pays a visit to last-place Western Carolina (1-7, 1-5). Elon coach Russ Huesman didn't necessarily avoid the topic of playing for the league title.

“What I do think a win this week would mean is it would continue us on the path to compete for a championship in November,” Huesman said. “That's where every program would like to be is in the hunt at this time of year.”

Coming off a wrenching four-point loss at Chattanooga last week, WCU and coach Dennis Wagner have other incentives going into Saturday's showdown.

The Cats haven't won two Southern Conference games in a season since 2005. Their only remaining opportunities to reach — or exceed — that total are against teams currently tied for first.

WCU ends its season Nov. 21 at ASU.

“(Elon) is certainly on a mission headed in the direction for a big fight with App,” Wagner said. “But we want to be the bump in the road. That's what we keep talking to our guys about.

“All we can do now is try to affect what happens to Elon and App with our performance against them,” Wagner continued. “You steal a win in both of those games, and all of a sudden you make a big loud noise in our conference.”

Wow, really? Nobody did a fact check on that before publishing this article? xoopsx FAIL.

james_lawfirm
November 4th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Having been a witness to the crazy 59-56 (I think that was the final score) loss to UTC at Chatty in 2004 I wouldn't take this game for granted. Covering deep routes has not been ASU's best charactistic and Blue Cooper is the real deal. I do't want to see this game become another McNesse State shootout, so the Apps D needs to play well early as it has the last two weeks.

Good to see UTC improve, but not this week.xnodx

You might be right, but I thought the score was 57 - 54. What a bummer to score 54 points, and lose. That was with 4 freshman DBs (I think), who got a pretty good lesson of what not to do in a SoCon game. The good news was they turned into great DBs for the next three years. Woahsea, Touchstone, Wiggins & Lynch, I think.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM
No, he's right. Move along, nothing to see here. Keep planning for Elon. They're

coming fast and hard. Pay no mind to little ol' UTC.

Just to show you guys a little High Country hospitality I'm sending 3 App Party Girls to spend the night with Josh Beard.

He should be 'well-drained' prior to kick-off ... :D

ASU_Fanatic
November 4th, 2009, 07:38 PM
ASU-41

Chatty-17

Horseshoe App
November 4th, 2009, 08:13 PM
You might be right, but I thought the score was 57 - 54. What a bummer to score 54 points, and lose. That was with 4 freshman DBs (I think), who got a pretty good lesson of what not to do in a SoCon game. The good news was they turned into great DBs for the next three years. Woahsea, Touchstone, Wiggins & Lynch, I think.

The score was 59-56. I was there. It really sucked!!!

ASU Tailgaiteer
November 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
The score was 59-56. I was there. It really sucked!!!

That game featured over 1330 yards of offense and had 59 first downs.

Btw, that same Saturday in 2004----Western Carolina 28 Elon 7xnodx

OldSouth
November 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Great weather finally, on a steamroll, Armantis just getting started.

Mocs 13

Apps 55

:):):):)

nms1987
November 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM

Beard was originally an App State commitment out of JUCO two years ago.

Wow, really? Nobody did a fact check on that before publishing this article? FAIL.

Geez, it isn't a fact check issue and it isn't a "fail". It is just a correction an editor missed. It isn't pretty when it hits print but it really isn't a big deal, it happens.
The writer was discussing App, Elon and Chatty and typed Chatty's coach's name instead of Lembo. It isn't that he didn't know who the coaches were for Pete's sakes, he was just writing about different teams and his fingers spit the wrong words out onto the keyboard. You write enough and it will happen.

nms1987
November 5th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I'd be surprised if we held Chatty to 13. They have a guy at QB good enough to start for a top-25 FBS team and some solid weapons around him. Our defense has given up far more points to far less impressive offenses recently.

I'll go 42-21

phoenixphanatic21
November 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM

Beard was originally an App State commitment out of JUCO two years ago.

Wow, really? Nobody did a fact check on that before publishing this article? FAIL.

Geez, it isn't a fact check issue and it isn't a "fail". It is just a correction an editor missed. It isn't pretty when it hits print but it really isn't a big deal, it happens.
The writer was discussing App, Elon and Chatty and typed Chatty's coach's name instead of Lembo. It isn't that he didn't know who the coaches were for Pete's sakes, he was just writing about different teams and his fingers spit the wrong words out onto the keyboard. You write enough and it will happen.

I know it happens and I'm sure the writer does know who the coaches are, but I'm at Elon for their journalism program and they do get on you big time if you make a mistake like that. I know it happens all the time but I feel it does hurt the paper still. Plus, it only takes a few seconds to double check and make sure you get the right name, so it can be easily avoided.

jonmac
November 5th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I know it happens and I'm sure the writer does know who the coaches are, but I'm at Elon for their journalism program and they do get on you big time if you make a mistake like that. I know it happens all the time but I feel it does hurt the paper still. Plus, it only takes a few seconds to double check and make sure you get the right name, so it can be easily avoided.

The simple fact that it happens all the time, if it really does, is pretty sad, IMO. For those of us who realized it was wrong it isnt' a big deal because we know it was wrong. But those who aren't familiar with the teams and their coaches now have been misinformed. If it does happen all the time I wonder how much misinformation I have spread about news that I had no idea was incorrect.

Appinator
November 5th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Big fear in this game is with our secondary, not WRs. At the GSU game, I think I remember three different occasions where we were beaten badly on fly routes down the side line, but passes were always long, and not located correctly. With a better QB, look for UTC to try to put themselves in a similar spots.

Those were really plays where we were "out of position", as you hear in the post-game interviews. Whoever has been playing opposite of LeGree (Rainey, McDuffie, ect.) haven't picked up on the deep routes that well this season. Hopefully, we can put a ton of points on the board, because I think this could be a shootout. The offenses we have faced the last few weeks haven't been all that frightening, but UTC and Elon can chuck it with the best.

ASU_MBA
November 5th, 2009, 01:32 PM
The UTC D is ranked 19th in the country so it will be a good test for our O. They are 102nd in running so I like our chances on D. They will try to establish the run but if we make them one dimensional...it will get ugly because we will sit on the Pass and overall out pass D is pretty good.

biggie
November 5th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Big fear in this game is with our secondary, not WRs. At the GSU game, I think I remember three different occasions where we were beaten badly on fly routes down the side line, but passes were always long, and not located correctly. With a better QB, look for UTC to try to put themselves in a similar spots.

Those were really plays where we were "out of position", as you hear in the post-game interviews. Whoever has been playing opposite of LeGree (Rainey, McDuffie, ect.) haven't picked up on the deep routes that well this season. Hopefully, we can put a ton of points on the board, because I think this could be a shootout. The offenses we have faced the last few weeks haven't been all that frightening, but UTC and Elon can chuck it with the best.
A lot of those have been wheel routes from the backfield or something, should be LB or Safety duty, but yes we haven't covered them well, goes along with the screen passes early in the season.

elon77
November 5th, 2009, 03:27 PM

I was real impressed with the Chatty QB, he could just about put it where he wanted to. His problem against Elon was he had some dropped and had one caught and then fumbled. His line gave him good time to throw and he had recievers open alot of the time. Chatty will probably move the ball on you but you will move the ball alot against their defense.

UCMoc
November 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I was real impressed with the Chatty QB, he could just about put it where he wanted to. His problem against Elon was he had some dropped and had one caught and then fumbled. His line gave him good time to throw and he had recievers open alot of the time. Chatty will probably move the ball on you but you will move the ball alot against their defense.

BJ is a great passer and tends to respond well to pressure. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He has some solid receivers (Cooper and Pitchford), but hasn't had much help from the running game since Fitzgerald was hurt. If we somehow find a way to run the ball (that didn't happen with Elon or GS) , the rest of the offense can be tough to stop.

chattanoogamocs
November 6th, 2009, 12:33 AM
BJ is a great passer and tends to respond well to pressure. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He has some solid receivers (Cooper and Pitchford), but hasn't had much help from the running game since Fitzgerald was hurt. If we somehow find a way to run the ball (that didn't happen with Elon or GS) , the rest of the offense can be tough to stop.

You're right UC.

The Mocs were cruising along with great balance between run and pass (Fitz was leading the league in ypg when he went down)

The Mocs are now starting Awuah (freshman) and his backup is Dyer (redshirt freshman)

Just hasn't been the same with Fitz out. Picking up run yards will be critical if the Mocs are going to have a chance against ASU (that is what has kept them in the game the past two trips up to Boone...Fitz/Wynn in '07 and Buckley in '05)

Huesman has done an amazing job so far on defense...from nearly dead last to top 20 with basically the same players.

And when asked if he was giving more input on the offensive side (ideas on jump starting the running game)...he said something something along the lines of...

"I don't want a part of it, that is Satterfield's job, I have seen defensive coaches try and coach offense and most of them look like idiots" xlolx

No Limit Mountaineers
November 6th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I think the game will be exciting and could be a shootout depending on what defense ASU brings to the game. At game time it should be nice weather and the black and gold faithful will be loud and ready to cheer App to a victory.

ASU – 45

UTC - 21

appirishmen
November 6th, 2009, 08:43 AM
if our defense shows up and can stop the pass or at least the big passing plays....i say 42-28.... if our secondary wants to sleep in.....then i say App in a close one...by 3 pts.

elon77
November 6th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I think the game will be exciting and could be a shootout depending on what defense ASU brings to the game. At game time it should be nice weather and the black and gold faithful will be loud and ready to cheer App to a victory.

ASU – 45

UTC - 21

Be sure to cheer so loud that next week you won't be able to talk much less cheer.xlolx

CrackerRiley
November 6th, 2009, 11:09 AM
So we're supposed to have good weather tomorrow?!?! xeyebrowx
I'm perplexed..... xrotatehx

It's about freakin time!

chattanoogamocs
November 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
So we're supposed to have good weather tomorrow?!?! xeyebrowx
I'm perplexed..... xrotatehx

It's about freakin time!

I would say anyone in the Southeastern United States knows how you feel.

Chattanooga and North Georgia have had 3 separate flooding incidents in the last 6 weeks.

It is definitely nice to see some sunshine. xthumbsupx

chattanoogamocs
November 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Personally, I blame it on Atlanta...they keep complaining they don't have enough water.

PhoenixMan
November 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Go Mocs!!!!!!!!!!!! You can do this!

bigappfan10
November 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM
You'd better hope so Pheonix man cause we're gonna whoop ya. Whoop ya. Whoop ya. Whoop ya. :)

appirishmen
November 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM

GO CATS!!!! you can do it, give Elon some of the late hit action they give us! You can.....never mind no they cant......hahahaxnonono2xxnonono2xxrotatehx

o and just kidding on the late hit stuff. i dont like dirty play. xnodxxpeacex

james_lawfirm
November 6th, 2009, 01:26 PM

With all due respect, and without looking forward to next Saturday, have you considered that either Elon or App can lose one of the three remaining games, and STILL be the AQ? For App, we can lose to Chatty or WESTERN even, and AS LONG AS WE BEAT ELON, we will get the AQ!!!

So, for you Elon fans, you can lose to Western this Saturday, and if you beat App, Elon gets the AQ.

Not that this would happen. Personally, I'm hoping for two undefeated teams to meet on 11/14.

Skjellyfetti
November 6th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Good article from Chattanooga:
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/nov/06/mocs-weekend-primer/?breakingnews

He gives a lot of props to App, Boone, and our gameday environment. xnodx

elon77
November 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Go ASU, beat them Mocs. I want two undefeated Socon teams to meet next weekend, it will be much more interesting, plus the Socon needs two teams in the playoffs and if either Elon or ASU slips up too much the Socon could possibly have only one.

ASUG8
November 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Good article from Chattanooga:
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/nov/06/mocs-weekend-primer/?breakingnews

He gives a lot of props to App, Boone, and our gameday environment. xnodx

No lie, check out the typo - you can't make this stuff up:xlolx

7. In an article posted Friday on GreenvilleOnline.com, the Web site of the Greenville (S.C.) News, Furman coach Booby Lamb admitted his eighth season could be his last with the Paladins.

ElonFirefighter
November 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM

It dosent matter. If the mocs do win and ASU wins they still get the auto bid and we only share the crown. The only way to make our game not matter is a UTC and WCU win over app and thats not going to happen. I would rather the two teams meet undefeated for the BIG game and then both teams go undefeated rest of the season. This way we both have huge momentium going into the post season. Hopefully on opposite sides of the bracket for a socon NC showdown.

biggie
November 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
From that article just realized Chatty lost their 3rd-4th best WR to a year ending suspsension. 31 yds/game. How much does that affect them I wonder?

Also that their other 3rd-4th WR has a knee issue. Leaving apparently just their top 2 WRs. Though the knee guy is supposed to play.

Looks like they were targeting the top 4 guys with a couple others slightly behind that group on production.

ASU_Fanatic
November 6th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Great weather finally, on a steamroll, Armantis just getting started.

Mocs 13

Apps 55

:):):):)Let's hope so.

ThompsonThe
November 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM
OL protects rather well 9 sacks 8 games. Protecting the QB isn't our problem..We lost one of the better running backs in the conference (Bryan Fitzgerald) for the year..So the running game has suffered greatly.

Last 2 trips to Boone we have played ASU very well taking both games into the 4th qtr.

Don't they Always go into the 4th quarter?

longtimemocfan
November 7th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, but last 2 games in Boone have gone to the 4th a very close game.

CrackerRiley
November 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Heading out to tailgate! A little late today.

Everyone have an awesome Saturday!

Go Apps! :D

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Game on!

T-Dog
November 7th, 2009, 02:36 PM
UTC has to take a TO on the second play of the game. :D

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Interception DJ Smith returned to the 2!

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Interception by DJ Smith returned to UTC 2 yardline on their first drive.

Skjellyfetti
TD Devon Moore

7-0 Appalachian 12:51 in first.

AshevilleApp
TD Moore

3E9App
12:51 left in the 1st
7-0 APP

AppAlum96
November 7th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Interception by ASU! First and goal on the 2.

Moore scores a TD on second down,

7-0 ASU, 12:51 to go in 1st quarter.

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:40 PM
My aren't we redundant! :)

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Kickoff out of bounds
UTC gets ball on their own 40

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Crap... getting a "Please Stand By" message on my goasu feed now. xmadx

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Hmmm, I'm not

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I just got that also I just restarted the video feed and it went away for me.

3E9App
ASU Interception!!!

Skjellyfetti
Another Interception!!

Jacque Roman!!

AppAlum96
Another Interception! D showing up today!

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Delay off Game on Chatty - 2 and 15

AppAlum96
Ok, I'm going to stop posting updates since my vid feed is obviously slower than ya'lls, lol.

AshevilleApp
Wow, how are you guys getting the info before I hear it!!

AppAlum96
November 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Cadet is filling in for Coco!

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Wow, how are you guys getting the info before I hear it!!

Are you listening to the radio feed or watching the video feed?

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Are you listening to the radio feed or watching the video feed?

Radio Feed on goasu.com....you posted the pick before they said it on my feed!

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Radio Feed on goasu.com....you posted the pick before they said it on my feed!

i think the video feed must be faster. i'll stop posting updates. :p

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM
UTC 3rd & 4 on their own 15

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM
No problem...was kinda cool to see the update and then hear it

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Defense really showing up today so far

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
1st Down pick up of 11

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
16 yd run by AE!!
Down to UTC 39

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Love me some Matt Cline!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 02:55 PM
1st Down ASU
Down to UTC 6

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 02:57 PM
TD for AE!!!
PAT GOOD
14-0 ASU
5:58 to play in the 1st

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
AE TD! 14-0 ASU

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:00 PM
UTC 1st & 10 on the UTC 23

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
3rd down pass dropped
4th & 3 UTC to punt
4:23 to play in the 1st

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
4th Down for Chatty

jaxstatealum
November 7th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Score?

3E9App
14-0 ASU

AshevilleApp
Cadet nailed on a Fair Catch call

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
1st down!!!
Down to the UTC 35

jaxstatealum
November 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks 3E9App!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:05 PM
No Problem
1st Down ASU
Down to UTC 23

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Sounds like Cadet is filling in nicely for Hillary.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:06 PM
AE QB Draw 1st Down!

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Radford TD!

Is that his first carry this year?

AppAlum96
TD Devin Radford!!

AshevilleApp
Pass Intereference ball on the Mocs 2 yard line

3E9App
TD Devin Radford!
PAT Good
21-0 ASU
2:01 to play in the 1st

AppAlum96
November 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Gonna be a long day for Chatty.

21-0 ASU, 2 minutes to go in 1st.

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Radford TD!

Is that his first carry this year?

He carried a bit earlier in the game I believe

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Did they Redshirt Robert Welton??

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Devin Radford so far 2 carries for 5yds today

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Did they Redshirt Robert Welton??

He played at the end of one of the blowouts. We just have too many quality RB's this year. xeekx

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:12 PM
UTC gets their first 1st down of the day

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:13 PM
End of the 1st
21-0 ASU

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:15 PM
UTC facing 3rd & 5

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:16 PM
D makes the STOP!
UTC to Punt

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM
ASU 1st & 10 on the ASU 5
13:26 to play in the 2nd

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Runnings Backs

20-Moore, Devon-JR
29-Baker, Cedric-SO
16-Radford, Devin-JR
21-Welton, Robert-JR
26-Jackson, Josh-SR
4-Chisholm, Rod-FR

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
1st Down ASU
Up to the ASU 20

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Time Out ASU
12:21 to play in the 2nd
2nd & 10 ASU on their own 20

AppAlum96
November 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Jumbotron showing a commercial for Backyard Burger. ME HUNGRY.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
1st Down ASU
Up to their own 32

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:22 PM
That's crap. He was well down...........

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:22 PM
ASU Fumble
UTC ball @ ASU 39

AppAlum96
November 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Where did this run D come from?

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
ASU D Steps up on 2nd & 1
Now 3rd & 2

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Where did this run D come from?

I have no clue but I love it.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
That was just a really good throw and catch on third down... not much we couldve done there.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:25 PM
UTC run down to ASU 16
3rd & 3
LETS GO D!!!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM
1st down UTC down to the ASU 1

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
TD UTC
21-7 ASU
8:37 to play in the 2nd

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Edwards 7-10 for 67 yards, 6 rushes for 58 yds

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Nice return by Radford. Glad we are getting him back on the field. He's DANGEROUS.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Radford returns the ball to ASU 37

T-Dog
November 7th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Cadet's taking running plays as well.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Cline!!
1st down up to UTC 48

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Interception UTC
UTC ball on UTC 19

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Interception by Chatty

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM
1st Down UTC up to their own 32

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Only second pick by Armanti all season

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
False Start Chatty
1st & 15 on UTC 27

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Defense needs to step it up some.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
... And DJ Smith busts up another bubble screen on 2nd down.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Pass is dropped and UTC has to punt!

AppAlum96
November 7th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Man, the men in stripes love us today.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:37 PM
1st & 10 ASU on ASU 31

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Sloppy Quarter for App

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Armanti another pick?? WTF??

AppAlum96
November 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
If we could stop turning it over, I like our chances for another NC.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Just need to focus on winning the SoCon right now one game at a time.

AppAlum96
FUMBLE!

ASU gets it right back!

3E9App
UTC FUMBLE ASU Recovers!

Skjellyfetti
Both teams having some turnover problems in the first half.

Can't believe Armanti threw two straight picks.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM
ASU gets stopped on 3rd down :/

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Really hope Brett Irvin is ok....

AshevilleApp
Where is Devon Moore?

3E9App
1st & 10 UTC on their own 23

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Holding on Chatty back them up
2nd & 11

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:46 PM
1st Down UTC up to their own 35
0:40 till Halftime

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Another 1st Down for Chatty up to the ASU 48
0:26 till the Half

longtimemocfan
November 7th, 2009, 03:49 PM
After a bad 1st Qtr..... Were doing a better job.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:49 PM
1st Down Chatty up to ASU 36
UTC Spikes the ball
2nd & 10
0:14 till the Half

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:50 PM
UTC QB overthrows the ball
9 sec till the hald
3rd Down bells ring!!

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Sack right here would be nice.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Time out Chatty

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Pass is Incomplete
4 Seconds to play
Chatty going for it

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Incomplete pass
Halftime
21-7 ASU

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Good 1st quarter, kinda lucky 2nd quarter wasn't worse. Hope we come out sharp after halftime.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 03:57 PM
UTC and ASU each have 1 fumble and 2 Interceptions. Crazy half so far however, I am happy that so far ASU has 0 penalties . That's a nice change to see.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I am happy that so far ASU has 0 penalties . That's a nice change to see.

That IS nice. I didn't realize that.

NashMoc
November 7th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Crazy first half. As a Moc fan a little pissed about the dropped passes, but also grateful that the score isn't worse than it is.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Alright Halftime is over lets get going!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Just said Brett Irvin will play in the 2nd Half!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Chatty pulls the onside Kick and gets the ball.

T-Dog
November 7th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Brett Irving is good to go for App.

Chatty tries and onside kick to start the half and it works.

NashMoc
November 7th, 2009, 04:15 PM
great start to the 2nd half. Mocs successfully complete an onside kick

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Hand off run up to the 49
2nd & 6

Skjellyfetti
Must have seen what Furman did last week and liked it. Furman probably wouldve gotten it last week if it went 10 yards.

3E9App
Another Hand off run inside
1st Down Chatty up to ASU 44

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Long pass down field for Chatty
Up to ASU 14
D Needs to Wake UP!!

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I hope McDuffie can play next week.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:18 PM
2nd & 9 for Chatty
Pass is over thrown
3rd & 9 on ASU 13
12:51 in the 3rd
Lets go D!!!

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM
GREAT coverage by DJ Smith on that third down play.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Incomplete pass!
UTC 30 yd FG is GOOD
21-10 ASU
12:38 left in the 3rd

NashMoc
November 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
will UTC try another onside?

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Beautiful shot right there. Sunset over the mountains... APP STATE cheer in background. :D

Wish I was in Boone.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
They do and they get it again.
What the Hell????!?!?!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM
2nd & 10 UTC on their own 43.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Ok...... we need to work on that before next week. I guarantee Elon will try it. xlolx

NashMoc
November 7th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Love it!!!!

3E9App
Another incomplete pass.
3rd & 10
LETS GO D!!!

3E9App
Ok...... we need to work on that before next week. I guarantee Elon will try it. xlolx

Oh how right you are.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:24 PM
uhm..... he was out of bounds...................................... WTF.

3E9App
THAT WAS RIDICULOUS HE WAS A YARD OUT OF BOUNDS AND THEY CALLED IT A CATCH!!

3E9App
1st & 10 UTC on ASU 14.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:25 PM
That was a truly horrible call.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:25 PM
LeGreeeeeeee!! Drills him. Come on D!!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM
UTC pass complete down to ASU 6
3rd & 2
DEFENSE!!!!

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM
We need replay in FCS..... Not a lot of games on tv... but, most schools have the video feed that they could use to review. Those kind of calls really aren't acceptable.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Chatty going for it on 4th down.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:27 PM
App holds on 4th down!! Way to go, boys!!!!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM
We need replay in FCS..... Not a lot of games on tv... but, most schools have the video feed that they could use to review. Those kind of calls really aren't acceptable.
You know the refs realized ASU had 0 penalties in the 1st Half so the refs had to figure out a way to screw us.xlolx

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:29 PM
3rd & 1 ASU on their own 14.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:29 PM
1st Down for Moore up to the ASU 18.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM
AE Keep the ball up to the 22.
2nd & 6

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
3rd Down ASU Pass incomplete.
Punt team comes out.

NashMoc
November 7th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Good stop on 3rd down by Joel Bradford

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:32 PM
UTC run down to ASU 47
2nd & 4

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:33 PM
1st Down Chatty.
Up to ASU 39
6:13 to play in the 3rd.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Incomplete Pass
2nd & 10

NashMoc
Chris Awuah having a nice day so far

Skjellyfetti
One thing is for sure... this is not the Chatty team of the past... the previous teams would have folded after being down 21-0. This team is fighting hard. Huesmann is going to do some great things at Chattanooga.

NashMoc
another dropped pass UGGGHHH

3E9App
UTC running inside 3rd & 6
Lets Go D!!!
Get a stop!!

NashMoc
November 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
One thing is for sure... this is not the Chatty team of the past... the previous teams would have folded after being down 21-0. Huesmann is going to do some great things at Chattanooga.

Agreed, the Rodney Allison Mocs would already been on the bus back to the Nooga.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
1st Down Chatty Again up to the ASU 27.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:36 PM
2nd & 10 on ASU 27
4:20 in the 3rd

NashMoc
November 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Blue is a beast, great catch

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM
1st & Goal Chatty on ASU 2

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Incomplete Pass
2nd Down

AshevilleApp
Where the heck is our offense?

3E9App
TD Chatty

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Only had one possession. :(

3E9App

Sidelines xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangx

NashMoc
2 yard TD pass to Blue Cooper

Neers - 21
Mocs - 17

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2009, 04:40 PM
21-17.....

NashMoc
November 7th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Great game plan so far. AE can't beat you when he's sitting on his arse.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Radford returns the ball to the ASU 43.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Radford returns the ball to the ASU 43.

DJ got that wrong, it was #86 Tim Frye

3E9App
DJ got that wrong, it was #86 Tim Frye
Ah ok thanks for the correction.

Skjellyfetti
Oh wow, not a good outing for the offense.......

Really need the defense to step up BIG TIME.

NashMoc
November 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM
SAAAAAACCCCKKK!!!!

3E9App
ASU punts Chatty takes over on their own 34.

NashMoc
Let's go Mocs! TD and the Mocs are in the lead.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Pick up of 3 for UTC
2nd & 7

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Big 3rd & 1 for ASU D

B&G
November 7th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Plain and simple. The offense misses CoCo Hillary. Give the Mocs credit for hunkering down.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:46 PM
QB Sneak 1st Down Chatty.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 04:47 PM
COME ON DEFENSE. SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE A PLAY.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Another 1st Down for Chatty up to the ASU 39
End of the 3rd.

Elon Fightin' Christians
November 7th, 2009, 04:48 PM
WOW !!!!!! I'm not sure who to root for here.....

NashMoc
Wow, this is interesting. Looked like a blowout in the 1st but the Mocs keep fighting. I am really start to like Coach Huesman.

WrenFGun
LET'S GO CHATTY!

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:49 PM
WOW !!!!!! I'm not sure who to root for here.....

ASU so we can have the SoCon showdown next week.

longtimemocfan
Go Mocs !!! Good game In any event of who wins

3E9App
LETS GO D!!
Make a STOP!!!
3rd & 7!!!

BigSouthFB
November 7th, 2009, 04:52 PM
This a very entertaining game to watch.

boonegoon
Where is our offense? Our D is doing an admirable job but no O.

3E9App
1st & 10 Chatty on ASU 28

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Run pick up 4 for Chatty.
2nd & 6.

3E9App
November 7th, 2009, 04:53 PM
3rd & 1 Chatty on ASU 19
Lets Go D!