PDA

View Full Version : 11/2/2009 Gridiron Power Index (GPI), Richmond No. 1

CSN-info
November 2nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/GPI.JPG

11/2/2009 Gridiron Power Index (GPI), Richmond No. 1
College Sporting News

The Gridiron Power Index (GPI), the index ranking for the NCAA Division I FCS and a top indicator of at-large playoff selection continues with unbeaten and defending Division I National Champion Richmond in the top spot.

The Colonial Athletic Association, the largest league in the FCS has seven teams in the top 25; the Big Sky Conference has four; the Missouri Valley Football Conference has three; the Great West, Ohio Valley, Southern, and Southland Conferences have two each; and the Big South and Mid-Eastern Athletic Conferences plus the Patriot League have one each. (Games through 11/2/09)

The Final 2009 GPI will be released once all the college football games have been played, in January 2010.

11/2/2009 GPI Top 25

1. Richmond (1.00)
2. Villanova (2.75)
3. Montana (2.88)
4. William & Mary (4.13)
5. S Illinois (4.50)
6. S Dakota St (6.88)
7. Elon (7.38)
8. New Hampshire (7.75)
9. Northern Iowa (9.63)
10. S Carolina St (11.63)
11. Appalachian St (12.63)
12T. Jacksonville St (14.13)
12T. E Washington (14.13)
14. Delaware (16.38)
15. E Illinois (17.38)
16. SF Austin (17.63)
17. Weber St (18.38)
18. N Arizona (18.88)
19. Massachusetts (20.63)
20. McNeese St (20.75)
21T. Southern Utah (21.00)
21T. James Madison (21.00)
23. Liberty (21.38)
24. Cal Poly SLO (23.13)
25. Holy Cross (23.38)

Full GPI Detail:
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/writer/GPI/20091102gpi.html

Conference Ranking:
Rank, League, Total Average

1. Colonial Athletic Association (24.71)
2. Great West Conference (29.15)
3. Big Sky Conference (31.89)
4. Missouri Valley Football Conference (32.89)
5. Southern Conference (38.21)
6. Southland Conference (40.30)
7. Ohio Valley Conference (46.21)
8. Ivy League (52.39)
9. Patriot League (52.57)
10. Big South Conference (52.79)
11. Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (56.65)
12. Southwestern Athletic Conference (60.92)
13. Northeast Conference (65.99)
14. Pioneer Football League (75.48)
15. Independents (77.42)

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/11/02/11-2-2009-gridiron-power-index-gpi-richm-1?blog=5)

grizband
November 2nd, 2009, 10:48 PM
elon's behind nova what a freaking joke. the same nova that chickened out of big east football and decided to move to the minors and the fcs
I'm not sure what that has to do with Nova's ranking behind Elon. All in all, I would say they've had an impressive season.

Grizzaholic
November 2nd, 2009, 10:48 PM
At least the GPI has some love for SUU. No one else does.

TBIRDSFN10
November 2nd, 2009, 11:51 PM

Agree!!!:D

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 06:55 AM

Yeah, same for N. Arizona, UMass, JMU and CalPoly. Computers put them consistently in the top 25, while not a single human poll did.

Conversely; McNeese, Holy Cross, Central Arkansas, Colgate, FAMU get more love from humans, not computers.

WileECoyote06
November 3rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
Yeah, same for N. Arizona, UMass, JMU and CalPoly. Computers put them consistently in the top 25, while not a single human poll did.

Conversely; McNeese, Holy Cross, Central Arkansas, Colgate, FAMU get more love from humans, not computers.

Because human polls tend to reward you if you win against your schedule, not just who you play in your schedule.

xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 07:59 AM
Because human polls tend to reward you if you win against your schedule, not just who you play in your schedule.
More likely because computer rankings have minimal data on which to calculate and overinflate entire conferences.

Tribe4SF
November 3rd, 2009, 08:05 AM

xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

And that's why poll rankings mean nothing when teams face each other. The computers are a much better predictor of outcomes. Take Lafayette, Colgate and Holy Cross and match them up against UMass, JMU and Northern Arizona. I'll take the latter, and even give some points.

JMUNJ08
November 3rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
More likely because computer rankings have minimal data on which to calculate and overinflate entire conferences.

Great West has their best 3 teams at 4-4. I know they have tough schedules but 2nd best conference? No one will be in the playoffs either.

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 08:10 AM
And that's why poll rankings mean nothing when teams face each other. The computers are a much better predictor of outcomes. Take Lafayette, Colgate and Holy Cross and match them up against UMass, JMU and Northern Arizona. I'll take the latter, and even give some points.

C'mon Tribe, that's just crazy talk. JMU is 3-5.

wideright82
November 3rd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Looks great!

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 08:41 AM
The computers are a much better predictor of outcomes.
Nope. Prove it. JohnStOnge for years made this claim, yet he won't go head to head with me, him using computers, and me using my brain.

wideright82
November 3rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
Nope. Prove it. JohnStOnge for years made this claim, yet he won't go head to head with me, him using computers, and me using my brain.

both of which are HUGE feats of strength given who is using them xlolxxsmiley_wix

WileECoyote06
November 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM

But predictions aren't a major factor when voting a poll (this late in a season). At this point, a voter is more concerned with actual performance on the field.

Tribe4SF
November 3rd, 2009, 09:27 AM

Going against your brain is not the same as going against poll rankings. :D Only said they were better than the polls.

You know full well that teams creep into the polls late in the year who have racked up good records against weak competition. As off as computer rankings may be, they are a much better predictor when we're talking about teams with gaudy records and weak schedules than the polls are. Would you take #15 Holy Cross over unranked JMU?

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
Going against your brain is not the same as going against poll rankings. :D Only said they were better than the polls.

Would you take #15 Holy Cross over unranked JMU?
No but I don't have HC at 15. :p

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
both of which are HUGE feats of strength given who is using them xlolxxsmiley_wix
You got that right. I have to take Advil before I use my brain in case I pull something.

Franks Tanks
November 3rd, 2009, 09:32 AM

I think Holy Cross has the ability to play with anyone this year. I didnt say win, but really push even the best teams when their dynamic O is working. Lafayette and Colgate may not fare as well as Holy Cross, but Lafayette would give all those teams a very good close game.

Tribe4SF
November 3rd, 2009, 09:36 AM
But predictions aren't a major factor when voting a poll (this late in a season). At this point, a voter is more concerned with actual performance on the field.

And a reasonable comparison should take into account who that performance was accomplished against. I find myself doing it, but should we be voting teams ahead of other teams who we believe would beat them on the field, just because they have a better record? If we should then let's get Drake in the top 25.

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
And a reasonable comparison should take into account who that performance was accomplished against. I find myself doing it, but should we be voting teams ahead of other teams who we believe would beat them on the field, just because they have a better record? If we should then let's get Drake in the top 25.

Right. You get teams like Liberty that creep up ever so slowly based on winning against some pretty poor competition, just because others ahead of them lost. At this rate and that schedule, Liberty will be a top 10 team in three weeks.

Meanwhile, JMU is the ONLY team that has played the 1, 4 and 5 team this season. They still have two wins against the top 25 that seem to be forgotten about just because they have a losing record now.

JMU - Two wins against the top 25
Liberty - One win against the top 25

Yet, Liberty is ranked but JMU doesn't get a sniff? xconfusedx

Tribe4SF
November 3rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
I think Holy Cross has the ability to play with anyone this year. I didnt say win, but really push even the best teams aroudn when their dynamic O is working. Lafayette and Colgate may not fare as well as Holy Cross, but Lafayette would give all those teams a very good close game.

Holy Cross will get their chance in the playoffs, and Lafayette had their chance against Liberty.... a Liberty team that was handled at home by JMU, and handled Lafayette on the road. Holy Cross hasn't played anyone, and still managed to lose to Brown.

ToTheLeft
November 3rd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Right. You get teams like Liberty that creep up ever so slowly based on winning against some pretty poor competition, just because others ahead of them lost. At this rate and that schedule, Liberty will be a top 10 team in three weeks.

Meanwhile, JMU is the ONLY team that has played the 1, 4 and 5 team this season. They still have two wins against the top 25 that seem to be forgotten about just because they have a losing record now.

JMU - Two wins against the top 25
Liberty - One win against the top 25

Yet, Liberty is ranked but JMU doesn't get a sniff? xconfusedx

Liberty, 5 wins against FCS, 1 Loss against FCS
JMU, 3 wins against FCS, 4 losses against FCS including two by 20+ points, one of which was at home

At some point you have to win to be able to stake a claim in being in the top 25.

CAAisBOSS
November 3rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Holy Cross will get their chance in the playoffs, and Lafayette had their chance against Liberty.... a Liberty team that was handled at home by JMU, and handled Lafayette on the road. Holy Cross hasn't played anyone, and still managed to lose to Brown.

Not to mention Brown is a team that just barely squeaked out a W with Rhode Island at home- the worst team in the CAA

Franks Tanks
November 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM

Yes we lost to Liberty-- not sure what you mean by our chance. If we win out we go to the playoffs so our chance is still very much alive. We are still undefated in league play with Holy Cross and Lehigh still upcoming.

I thought Liberty was a good team, not sure what happened to them against JMU, but I still think they have the ability to compete in the playoffs.

By your "chance" logic JMU has had their chances as well and didnt come through--sorry.

letsgopards04
November 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
I would not say that Lafayette was handled by Liberty. I believe the game was 19-13 and the way the momentum was moving if the Leopards has 10 more minutes or had decided to play the first half the Liberty question would not be a question at all.

ToTheLeft
November 3rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
I would not say that Lafayette was handled by Liberty. I believe the game was 19-13 and the way the momentum was moving if the Leopards has 10 more minutes or had decided to play the first half the Liberty question would not be a question at all.

LU was up 16-0 at half, and fell asleep on the 'Pards in the second, allowing a couple of big plays. LC played well, but let's not get silly.

Franks Tanks
November 3rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
LU was up 16-0 at half, and fell asleep on the 'Pards in the second, allowing a couple of big plays. LC played well, but let's not get silly.

Ya lets not get Silly-- the final was close (thats what matters) and we still had a chance to win at the end. Liberty played well and got the win, but lets not act like the chasm between the two teams were great that day--you are sounding like a CAA fan.

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
--you are sounding like a CAA fan.
He should be so lucky.

crusader11
November 3rd, 2009, 11:33 AM
I can guarantee you that whatever CAA team Holy Cross gets paired with in the playoffs (that is, if we make it of course), is going to be feeling a bit uneasy of going up against our offense. Sure, the defense has some holes in it, but we can go score for score with pretty much anyone in the country. If the game gets into a shootout, I like our chances.

GannonFan
November 3rd, 2009, 11:47 AM
I can guarantee you that whatever CAA team Holy Cross gets paired with in the playoffs (that is, if we make it of course), is going to be feeling a bit uneasy of going up against our offense. Sure, the defense has some holes in it, but we can go score for score with pretty much anyone in the country. If the game gets into a shootout, I like our chances.

Hey, you like your team, that's great, but I've seen Holy Cross play - I wouldn't be making many wagers that they're going to be able to light it up against the CAA teams that will be making the playoffs. Plenty of extremely good defensive teams will be coming out of the CAA this year.

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
I don't put a whole lot of credence in who Holy Cross has been scoring against, personally. Put yourself up against the premium defenses in the FCS and I think you'll see another story.

WileECoyote06
November 3rd, 2009, 11:50 AM

And that matters at the beginning of the season. Eventually voters will hold a team responsible for not winning. That's why even though I believe Cal Poly (with a good win over SDSU) is a good team, I could not vote them into the top-25 because they have four losses. If you have four losses at this point in the season, a voter should rightfully question if you are having a successful season.

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Liberty, 5 wins against FCS, 1 Loss against FCS
JMU, 3 wins against FCS, 4 losses against FCS including two by 20+ points, one of which was at home

At some point you have to win to be able to stake a claim in being in the top 25.

See, you're among those that loves to ignore SOS, which was my entire point to begin with. JMU HAS won. They have wins against two teams in the top 25. They have losses to 1,4 and 5. So, while it's clear JMU's not top 10 or 15 or even 20 material, it seems odd to me that they don't make an appearance at all....and don't make ORV in the AGS poll at all.

I would love to know if there are any other teams with two wins against the top 25 that aren't ranked.

Look, I'm not here to lobby for a position for JMU since JMU has no chance at the playoffs - none of this matters. I was pointing out some of the fallacies in assuming humans know what they're doing in these polls.

knucklehead
November 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
I would love to know if there are any other teams with two wins against the top 25 that aren't ranked.

Or if any were ever ranked with 5 losses. Really?????

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 12:46 PM

We're talking top 25 here, not top 5 or top 10. JMU failed to beat Maryland, the current number 1, 4, and 5 teams...and they should fall all the way out of the top 25 for that? Ok. Yep. Top 25 teams are expected to do that.

Sure, JMU lost to unranked Hofstra, but wins against two current top 25 teams should buoy them back to the top 25 range.

I'm not just picking on Liberty but it's easer since JMU won the H2H. Let's take Delaware. They have no wins against any current top 25 teams, but make the cut.

soccerguy315
November 3rd, 2009, 01:17 PM
if JMU played Liberty's schedule they wouldn't have any loses. Except [probably] the FBS game.

You make perfect sense to me Dukie95.

JMUNJ08
November 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM

Several have in years past.....xrulesx

ToTheLeft
November 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
6-5 JMU deserves to be ranked.

3-5 JMU does not.

Also, using UD as one of your strong wins, then immediately discredting them by your own "lose to good teams and beat good teams" strategy is a little circular is it not? You say you deserve to be in the top 25 instead of UD, however, UD shouldn't be in in the first place, also by your own admittance.

Win, and the top 25 is yours. But 3-5 with a loss to Hofstra and multiple TWENTY POINT LOSSES isn't gonna cut it. Cry SOS all day, but for the Dukes it means Save our Ship, not Strength of Schedule. If your best shot at the top 25 is that you got blown out by a couple of top 5 teams, and beat a pair of top 25 teams that you discredit and marginalize on a daily basis, it just doesn't make sense.

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
It's not about whether or not I feel UD or Liberty deserve to be ranked, but the people filling out the polls did, and that's who we're talking to/about.

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Oh, and stop throwing out the margin of victory stuff. Remember that MD was OT and UR was lost in the final minute, so it's a wash, IMO.

knucklehead
November 3rd, 2009, 01:48 PM
Several have in years past.....xrulesx

I should have said at this point. like ttl said 6-5 yes, but only 3 wins and 5 losses, NO!

Frankly, I want JMU to win some more games to help out our SOS, so stop messing it up xsmiley_wix

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2009, 01:48 PM
AUTOMATIC BIDS
1. Richmond - CAA
3. Montana - Big Sky
5. Southern Illinois - MVFC
7. Elon - SoCon
10. South Carolina St - MEAC
15. Eastern Illinois - OVC
16. Stephen F. Austin - SLC
25. Holy Cross - Patriot

AT-LARGE
2. Villanova - CAA
4. William & Mary - CAA
6. South Dakota State - MVFC
8. New Hampshire - CAA
11. Appalachian State - SoCon
12. Eastern Washington - Big Sky
14. Delaware - CAA
17. Weber State - Big Sky

BUBBLE
18. Northern Arizona - Big Sky
19. UMass - CAA
20. McNeese - SLC

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
I want JMU to win some more games to help out our SOS, so stop messing it up xsmiley_wix

LOL...have you not been paying attention to my whole point? SOS has little relevance here.

JMU's performance hasn't affected Liberty's ranking at all. JMU can lose out and Liberty will keep on climbing as long as they keep winning.

knucklehead
November 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
thus the WINKY ICON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
AT-LARGE
14. Delaware - CAA

BUBBLE
19. UMass - CAA
None of which will make it. xeyebrowx

Tribe4SF
November 3rd, 2009, 02:03 PM

I refer you to a great short story by Ring Lardner titled "Alibi Ike".

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 02:07 PM

Which is why if EWU wins out, at 12th currently in the GPI from the 3rd ranked conference, should get in as an at large. xthumbsupx

__________________________________________________ __________________

http://willie.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Eastern-Washington.png
http://willie.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/SEATTLE.png
http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/k95llqjo84pr9jiom2c.png
http://willie.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/FCSFANSB.png

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
No doubt in my mind JMU would beat Holy Cross, EIU, Colgate, Lafayette, FAMU, etc.

Not quite sure why they're not in my poll, tbh.

ToTheLeft
November 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
AUTOMATIC BIDS
1. Richmond - CAA
3. Montana - Big Sky
5. Southern Illinois - MVFC
7. Elon - SoCon
10. South Carolina St - MEAC
15. Eastern Illinois - OVC
16. Stephen F. Austin - SLC
25. Holy Cross - Patriot

AT-LARGE
2. Villanova - CAA
4. William & Mary - CAA
6. South Dakota State - MVFC
8. New Hampshire - CAA
11. Appalachian State - SoCon
14. Delaware - CAA

BUBBLE
19. UMass - CAA
20. McNeese - SLC

Would it have killed you to put the next eligible bubble team in line on there?

xwhistlex

WestCoastAggie
November 3rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
None of which will make it. xeyebrowx
Who do you think will get an at-large berth? xconfusedx

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Who do you think will get an at-large berth? xconfusedx
UNI and unfortunately a second PL and/or MEAC team. Perhaps Liberty.

Weber will lose to Poly
EWU will lose to NAU
NAU will lose to Ole Miss
Delaware will lose to Navy and Nova
UMass will lose to either JMU or Hofstra

xtwocentsx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM

Weber will lose to Poly
EWU will lose to NAU

xtwocentsx

xlolx Wishful thinking!

NAU just lost to Sac State in Sacramento.
EWU crushed Sac State in Sacramento.

Both EWU and NAU took the Griz to the wire.

__________________________________________________ __________________

http://willie.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Eastern-Washington.png
http://willie.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/SEATTLE.png
http://willie.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/FCSFANSB.png

Tribe4SF
November 3rd, 2009, 02:32 PM

I think Holy Cross will win the PL, so you'll likely get to see how they fare against a CAA defense. Richmond, Villanova, UNH and W&M all possess defenses that have already been successful against very good offensive teams.

crusader11
November 3rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
See, you're among those that loves to ignore SOS, which was my entire point to begin with. JMU HAS won. They have wins against two teams in the top 25. They have losses to 1,4 and 5. So, while it's clear JMU's not top 10 or 15 or even 20 material, it seems odd to me that they don't make an appearance at all....and don't make ORV in the AGS poll at all.

Look, I'm not here to lobby for a position for JMU since JMU has no chance at the playoffs - none of this matters. I was pointing out some of the fallacies in assuming humans know what they're doing in these polls.

You really think a 3-5 football team with a loss to Hofstra, and blowout losses to Villanova and William and Mary deserves to be ranked. So, you lost to the 1, 4, and 5 teams...am I supposed to rank you solely because you have played a good schedule? How about have more than three wins, albeit two of them are quality, and then you may get ranked again.

And for the record Wren, I am not saying that we would beat JMU, but I can guarantee we would score more than a combined 3 points against Villanova and William and Mary.

WestCoastAggie
November 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM

Weber will lose to Poly
EWU will lose to NAU

xtwocentsx

Now how would it be unfortunate that a Patriot or a MEAC gets an At-Large? Those teams, if At-large berth is granted played their way in, "weak" schedule or not, while these teams with "stronger" schedules did not.

We got to get out of the habit of rewarding teams who teams that are perceived strong, yet do not win. In a way, that's taking away the importance of winning. It's kinda like all those honorable mention trophies that teams in Pop Warner get that don't make the playoffs.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! -Herm Edwards

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
You really think a 3-5 football team with a loss to Hofstra, and blowout losses to Villanova and William and Mary deserves to be ranked. So, you lost to the 1, 4, and 5 teams...am I supposed to rank you solely because you have played a good schedule? How about have more than three wins, albeit two of them are quality, and then you may get ranked again.

I'm saying if you put Liberty and UD in your top 25, it doesn't make much sense to leave out JMU.

No matter. Hopefully we can take care of business against our 3 remaining NON-RANKED oppenents and make it. I'm sure beating Towson will convince you people. xsmiley_wix

wideright82
November 3rd, 2009, 02:52 PM
Now how would it be unfortunate that a Patriot or a MEAC gets an At-Large? Those teams, if At-large berth is granted played their way in, "weak" schedule or not, while these teams with "stronger" schedules did not.

We got to get out of the habit of rewarding teams who teams that are perceived strong, yet do not win. In a way, that's taking away the importance of winning. It's kinda like all those honorable mention trophies that teams in Pop Warner get that don't make the playoffs.

Or for the MEAC/PL....

YOU PLAY TO LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS!!! - Everyone

xsmiley_wix

Fear the Bird
November 3rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
I'm with you to a certain point Dukie but at some point you have to win those games. The Hofstra loss is what is killing JMU right now and they didn't exactly put up good efforts against the 4 and 5 teams in the country. I think JMU is easily one of the top 25 teams in the country but there is no way you can justify ranking them so at this point.

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
JMU is easily one of the top 25 teams in the country but there is no way you can justify ranking them so at this point.

Yep...and therein lies the problem with human polls, which is what started this whole thing...computers had no problem ranking JMU. Remember, this is in a thread about the GPI.

Fear the Bird
November 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
True but no human is going to rank a 3-5 team in the top 25 based on potential, it's just a reality we have to live with

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 03:37 PM

Easy. The MEAC is ZERO for their last 10 playoff games. That's 9 conference champions and 1 at large. It would be unfortunate for the quality of the field to have a MEAC at-large team in.

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
xlolx Wishful thinking!

NAU just lost to Sac State in Sacramento.
EWU crushed Sac State in Sacramento.

Both EWU and NAU took the Griz to the wire.
Why is it wishful thinking? I have no dog in that hunt. Common opponents aren't a good way to measure anything.

WestCoastAggie
November 3rd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Easy. The MEAC is ZERO for their last 10 playoff games. That's 9 conference champions and 1 at large. It would be unfortunate for the quality of the field to have a MEAC at-large team in.

What does the past have to do with a team in the MEAC or Patriot League from winning this year? xeyebrowx

All it is really useful for is for fans to believe that one team is superior over another before a game is played.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Why is it wishful thinking? I have no dog in that hunt. Common opponents aren't a good way to measure anything.

One common opponent is a not a very good way to measure two teams, but two or more common opponents is.

Wishful thinking because of your blatant ECB and thinking that only 1 team from the West will make it (Montana), giving those over-hyped Eastern teams one more bid.

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
What is overhyped about them? Their quality of wins? Their consistent success in the playoffs? Their undefeated, defending national champion?

I don't see what the whole shabang is about. If you get to 8-3 from a major conference you're going to make the playoffs 95% of the time. If you get to 8-3 in a lesser conference you need to either earn the at-large bid or get lucky. The only reason teams like FAMU, CCSU and Liberty are in the discussion is because the SoCon and BSC do not have many worthwhile candidates. NAU and Weber are done, and EWU needs to win two road games in a row, otherwise the West will have exactly one team.

Native
November 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM

Weber will lose to Poly
EWU will lose to NAU

xtwocentsx

...l that 'splains your previous mistake. xlolx

Weber will not lose to Cal Poly. xcoolx

SuperJon
November 3rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
I'm not sipping the Liberty to the playoffs kool-aid just yet, but if a second MEAC or Patriot League team were to get in over us I would be pissed.

knucklehead
November 3rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Yes there are 3 games to finish yet. Yea that would = 2 time snub for no reason.

crusader11
November 3rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
I'm not sipping the Liberty to the playoffs kool-aid just yet, but if a second MEAC or Patriot League team were to get in over us I would be pissed.

You guys win out, and I'd hope the committee would put you in the playoffs.

Schfourteenteen
November 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Yes there are 3 games to finish yet. Yea that would = 2 time snub for no reason.

Stop it. Youve had enough of that koolaid, let me drive you home. Liberty didnt deserve to get in last year.

knucklehead
November 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Stop it. Youve had enough of that koolaid, let me drive you home. Liberty didnt deserve to get in last year.

I love koolaid. Danny Rocco says we should have been in and were done wrong so I'm with him, not you!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Like I thought.. all the mod's here have hidden agenda's and make up infractions against members whom they don't like. You're all a bunch of f u c king cowards. All you're doing is causing everyone to go over to CHAMPIONSHIPSUBDIVISION.COM and never come back to this pathetic site. It is truly amazing that so many immature cowards subjectively moderate this place without any accountability or repercussions for their actions. Go Fu - ck yourselves c u n-t stains!!!

SuperJon
November 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Danny Rocco also said he thought the Presbyterian loss is what kept us out of the playoffs.

And he was right.

We deserved it more than Maine, but William and Mary deserved it more than us.

We might, keyword might, be able to make a case by the end of the year that we deserve it this year.

89Hen
November 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
What does the past have to do with a team in the MEAC or Patriot League from winning this year? xeyebrowx

All it is really useful for is for fans to believe that one team is superior over another before a game is played.
Those that choose to ignore history are doomed to repeat it. The MEAC has done NOTHING this year to make anyone think this year would be any different. Blame the MEAC 9 game mandate, but that's not my problem.

89Hen
November 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Wishful thinking because of your blatant ECB
Good bye. xcoffeex

edit.... oops, I see SE174 is banned. I guess it really is good bye.

89Hen
November 4th, 2009, 09:00 AM
...l that 'splains your previous mistake. xlolx

Weber will not lose to Cal Poly. xcoolx
We shall see. I'm just predicting games.