PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Week #10 Picks (Nov. 7th)

The Cats
November 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
Nine weeks of play completed. The only real surprises Saturday was the amount by which both ASU and Elon won.

For week 10, I'm not sure which team will have the most difficult conference game this week - Western or Chattanooga - (Western's at home while Chatty travels to Boone, so they may get that honor)

1:00 pm
Elon at Western Carolina

1:30 pm
Furman at Auburn

3:00 pm
Wofford at The Citadel

3:30 pm
Chattanooga at Appalachian State

Georgia Southern at Samford

wafflehouse48
November 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
Elon by 17.
Auburn by 38.
The Citadel by 7.
App by 21.
Stink by 10.

3E9App
November 1st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Elon by 31
Auburn by 35
The Citadel by 3
App by 24
Samford by 3

kdinva
November 1st, 2009, 06:48 PM
Elon 37; WCU 13
Auburn 46; Furman 20
The Citadel 24; Wofford 20
App. St. 43; UTC 21
GSU 27; Samford 20

The Cats
November 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Elon at Western Carolina

Furman at Auburn

Wofford at The Citadel

all home team win, except WCU xbawlingx

Reign of Terrier
November 1st, 2009, 07:11 PM
Elon
Auburn
The Citadel (they win this one for the first time since the Clinton administration)
App State
GSU

Biff
November 1st, 2009, 07:14 PM
Elon
Auburn
The Citadel (they win this one for the first time since the Clinton administration)
App State
GSU

xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

ditto on the picks.

B&G
November 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM
Elon at Western Carolina
-- Elon 45-14... bonus prediction Hudgins goes 11-158 w/ 2 td's

Furman at Auburn
-- Knobburn 38-12... the Lamb Farewell Tour continues

Wofford at The Citadel
-- Citadel 31-28... Citadel at home has proven to be formidable. Too many injuries for Wofford to pull it out. They won't be able to contain Roberts.

-- ASU 52-21... App scores 52 for a 3rd straight week?

-- GSU 17-16... Eagles are playing for pride at this point

Grabholdofyosef
November 1st, 2009, 07:52 PM
Elon 52-10
Auburn 42-3
El Cid 24-17
ASU 49-17
Samford 17-13

whoanellie
November 1st, 2009, 08:39 PM
Elon
Auburn
App State
GSU
these should hold serve!

catamount man
November 1st, 2009, 08:56 PM
Elon will whip us like a rented mule
ASU will beat UTC
Auburn puts another nail in Lamb's coffin
GSU beats Samford
Wofford still beats El Cid

PhoenixPhan06
November 1st, 2009, 09:06 PM
Nine weeks of play completed. The only real surprises Saturday was the amount by which both ASU and Elon won.

For week 10, I'm not sure which team will have the most difficult conference game this week - Western or Chattanooga - (Western's at home while Chatty travels to Boone, so they may get that honor)

Elon at Western Carolina: Elon 45 WCU 12

Furman at Auburn: Auburn 34 Furman 13

Wofford at The Citadel: CIT 21 WC 18

Chattanooga at Appalachian State: ASU 40 UTC 24

Georgia Southern at Samford: GSU 23 SAM 21

Elon and ASU both pick up wins the week before the showdown in Rhodes for the SoCon title

iceman4221
November 1st, 2009, 09:11 PM
Elon at Western Carolina

Furman at Auburn

Wofford at The Citadel

all home team win, except WCU xbawlingx

Ditto That!!!

KiddBrewer
November 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
Elon 49-3
Auburn 52-10
The Citadel 24-21
App State 98-14 (jk, but seriously, im not putting limitations on the offense at this point)
GSU 21-13

longtimemocfan
November 1st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Elon-35
WCU-10

Furman-17
Auburn-49

Wofford-21
Citadel-30

Chatt @ Appy Last 2 trips to Boone we've played way above our heads in this game. Taking both games well into the 4th quarter. Doesn't mean we will again,but we can hope anyway. 38-28 Mountaineers.

GSU-16
Samford-13 On strength of Eagles good place kicker.

CID1990
November 1st, 2009, 11:53 PM
Elon by 21
Auburn by many.
El Cid by more than 14.
ASU by less than people think. I'm thinking 10.
GSU by 6, and those 6 are field goals.

gophoenix
November 2nd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Elon 52 WCU 0
Auburn 46 Furman 6
Citadel 3 Wofford 2
Chatt 24 App 20
GSU 3 Samford 2

We aren't going to score 52 on anybody.

One difference in App and Elon is that Lembo will pull starters early if a lead is big, Moore waits til WAY later.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2009, 05:42 AM
Elon 52 WCU 0
Auburn 46 Furman 6
Citadel 3 Wofford 2
Chatt 24 App 20
GSU 3 Samford 2

Really?xrotatehx

CamelCityAppFan
November 2nd, 2009, 05:46 AM

One difference in App and Elon is that Lembo will pull starters early if a lead is big, Moore waits til WAY later.

Really? That's the reason App scores more? 'Cause Lembo pulls the starters early?

Let's see...

This week against Furman, Armati Edwards' last drive ended at the 3:56 mark in the 3rd Quarter. Against Woffie, Scott Riddle's last drive ended at the 6:46 mark in the 4th Quarter.

Last week against GaSo, Edwards' last drive ended at the 11:01 mark in the 3rd Quarter. Riddle's last drive against Chatty ended at the 4:32 mark in the 3rd Quarter.

So, exactly which QB is it that's padding his stats and running up the score in the blowouts? xwhistlex

OL FU
November 2nd, 2009, 06:42 AM
Elon at Western Carolina - Elon by 21+

Furman at Auburn Auburn pick your score

Wofford at The Citadel - Citadel finally beats WC 10

Chattanooga at Appalachian State - ASU by bunches

Georgia Southern at Samford - Samford in a close one.

elon77
November 2nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Really? That's the reason App scores more? 'Cause Lembo pulls the starters early?

Let's see...

This week against Furman, Armati Edwards' last drive ended at the 3:56 mark in the 3rd Quarter. Against Woffie, Scott Riddle's last drive ended at the 6:46 mark in the 4th Quarter.

Last week against GaSo, Edwards' last drive ended at the 11:01 mark in the 3rd Quarter. Riddle's last drive against Chatty ended at the 4:32 mark in the 3rd Quarter.

So, exactly which QB is it that's padding his stats and running up the score in the blowouts? xwhistlex

Yea, but maybe Lembo pulled the center earlier.xlolx

CamelCityAppFan
November 2nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Yea, but maybe Lembo pulled the center earlier.xlolx

Could be, but that sounds more like a Bobby Lamb move...xlolx

whoanellie
November 2nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Elon will whip us like a rented mule
ASU will beat UTC
Auburn puts another nail in Lamb's coffin
GSU beats Samford
Wofford still beats El Cid
where does one rent a Mule? MulesRus?

Woof
November 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Elon at Western Carolina- Flaming Pigeons win big again

Furman at Auburn- To quote Braveheart: "Mercy, William, mercy"

Wofford at The Citadel- If Citadel doesn't win this one, they should drop footballxsmhxxsmhxxsmhx. Oh well, I guess they have to win at least once a decade to keep calling it a rivalry, right ?

Chattanooga at Appalachian State- App starting to pick up 'Mo and win big at home

Georgia Southern at Samford - GSU wins Big Ten style 6-3.xboringx

BlackNGold
November 2nd, 2009, 08:47 AM

Let's see...

" PWNED "

proasu89
November 2nd, 2009, 08:50 AM

xconfusedx

Facts....apparently not relevant on message boards.

CID1990
November 2nd, 2009, 09:11 AM

Let's see...

Elon kept them in in the 4th quarter against us this year. Last year, Moore pulled them in the 3rd. I also recall Moore having Armanti take a knee on our 5 yard line at the end of the game in 2007. That game wasn't really in the bag until for ASu in the 4th quarter, so I'm not sure I agree with the assertion that Pete Lembo somehow pulls starters earlier than Moore.

This sounds like just another 'Elon is the second coming of Jesus to the SoCon' post.

BlackNGold
November 2nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Elon kept them in in the 4th quarter against us this year. Last year, Moore pulled them in the 3rd. I also recall Moore having Armanti take a knee on our 5 yard line at the end of the game in 2007. That game wasn't really in the bag until for ASu in the 4th quarter, so I'm not sure I agree with the assertion that Pete Lembo somehow pulls starters earlier than Moore.

This sounds like just another 'Elon is the second coming of Jesus to the SoCon' post.

Class

Waco Kid
November 2nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
WCU- Upset for the ages!!! Anything is possible, right?
Auburn- (Hope I'm wrong... I'd hate to lose BL)
The Citadel
Apps
GSU

biggie
November 2nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Chatt @ App, Again no score guess, but hope that the D doesn't give up the big plays and plugs the holes in the middle. Most importantly not look ahead and past this game.

Elon-42
WCU-6
If WCU scores a TD on Elon's starting D it will be a failure for them.

Furman-13
Auburn-45
Gonna be bad.

Wofford-24
Citadel-27
Close one and could go either way.

GSU-10
Samford-14
Giving it to Sammy at home. But is a toss up.

jus10asu
November 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Elon 52 WCU 0
Auburn 46 Furman 6
Citadel 3 Wofford 2
Chatt 24 App 20
GSU 3 Samford 2

Another knee slapper. You just keep on coming with the jokes don't you

Saint3333
November 2nd, 2009, 09:55 AM

AE was pulled early in the 4th for both the GSU and Furman games. When was Riddle pulled vs. Wofford?

PhoenixMan
November 2nd, 2009, 09:56 AM
Elon by a bunch
Auburn by a bunch
El Cid by a little
App by a bunch
Samford by a little

DX Man
November 2nd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Elon at Western Carolina

Furman at Auburn

\
Wofford at The Citadel

DX Man
November 2nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Elon at Western Carolina

Furman at Auburn

Wofford at The Citadel

AppStsGr8
November 2nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Elon ... Riddle actually dares to pass to someone besides Hudgins.
Auburn ... Way Too Much to Not Nearly Enough.
The Citadel ... shows why the word "The" is part of their name. It's not just their house this year, it's their fort.
Appalachian ... closer than most would imagine against a much improved UTC team.
Samford ... because I like Birmingham. Could see this one going either way in a less than beautiful football game.

Skjellyfetti
November 2nd, 2009, 11:48 AM

Let's see...

Hmmmm. Where did gophoenix go? xchinscratchx Seems to have disappeared when presented with facts. xoopsx

Woof
November 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Hmmmm. Where did gophoenix go? xchinscratchx Seems to have disappeared when presented with facts. xoopsx

He also forgot to mention that their starting RB Newsome is the one who scored their final TD with 2:12 to go and the game way out of reach....of course we went for the fake punt on 4th and 8 at our own 31 and probably had it comingxpissedx, but you get the point, some starters were still in the game and they could have just run out the clock. I think Lembo was still smarting from the 50+ we hung on them at their place last year though.

However, to be totally fair, Moore showed no mercy on us last Halloween either. 70 points in front of a national TV audience wasn't really necessary, but again, we could not stop them so that is what happens.

Come to think of it, we probably have no business playing on Halloween again EVER.xmadx

phoenixphanatic21
November 2nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
He also forgot to mention that their starting RB Newsome is the one who scored their final TD with 2:12 to go and the game way out of reach....of course we went for the fake punt on 4th and 8 at our own 31 and probably had it comingxpissedx, but you get the point, some starters were still in the game and they could have just run out the clock. I think Lembo was still smarting from the 50+ we hung on them at their place last year though.

However, to be totally fair, Moore showed no mercy on us last Halloween either. 70 points in front of a national TV audience wasn't really necessary, but again, we could not stop them so that is what happens.

Come to think of it, we probably have no business playing on Halloween again EVER.xmadx

Actually, he is a backup for us. Jamal Shuman is our starter this year.

appmaj
November 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Elon by a bunch
Auburn by a bunch
El Cid by a little
App by a bunch
Samford by a little

Looks correct to me

phoenix3
November 2nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
AE was pulled early in the 4th for both the GSU and Furman games. When was Riddle pulled vs. Wofford?

Had I been the coach I wouldn't have throttled down the way we did against Wofford after the 55-20 impaling they gave us last year. Riddle would've had over 400 yards passing and Hudgins would've had 300 of that.

Woof
November 2nd, 2009, 12:53 PM

Whatever...

RUSHING: Elon-Brandon Newsome 10-40; Lance Camp 5-13; A.J. Harris 6-11;
Scott Riddle 6-10; Jamal Shuman 6-7; TEAM 1-minus 2.

phoenix3
November 2nd, 2009, 12:55 PM

Newsome is the backup behind Shuman and Harris.

Woof
November 2nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Had I been the coach I wouldn't have throttled down the way we did against Wofford after the 55-20 impaling they gave us last year. Riddle would've had over 400 yards passing and Hudgins would've had 300 of that.

Riddles' INT in the end zone probably reminded him that hogs get slaughtered.

phoenix3
November 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
xconfusedx

phoenixphanatic21
November 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Whatever...

RUSHING: Elon-Brandon Newsome 10-40; Lance Camp 5-13; A.J. Harris 6-11;
Scott Riddle 6-10; Jamal Shuman 6-7; TEAM 1-minus 2.

Look at our depth chart. Shuman starts every game, but usually he, Harris and Newsome each get a decent amount of carries. And if we are gonna use stats...
Season Rushing Stats
Shuman 118 attempts, 590 yards, 2 TDs
Harris 76 atttempts, 368 yards, 1 TD
Newsome 54 attemtps, 199 yards, 2 TDs.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 2nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Elon at Western Carolina

Furman at Auburn

Wofford at The Citadel

Elon and App with big wins, Furman with a big loss, and GSU in a close one.