View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Ten

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2009, 07:47 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 34-14 (10-6 SLC)
Total: 120-50 (43-28 SLC)

Southeastern La @ Northwestern State - The Demons have played the games close the last two weeks. SLU is looking to make a run of something and considering their success without some big time players and the Demons are ripe for the picking. SOUTHEASTERN LA

Nicholls @ Stephen F. Austin - Nothing beats coming off a loss to TXST than coming home and playing a team that is still looking for their first conference win. The Colonels can cause problems, but they have yet to really do so this year for any team. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Texas St-San Marcos @ Central Arkansas - The Bobcats are coming off the high of beating SFA. The Bears off a rough loss on the road. UCA has had TXST's number and probably has a bad taste in their mouth. To be the best, you have to beat the best. The 2008 SLC champions* Bobcats did not beat UCA nor will the 2009 version of the squad. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Sam Houston State @ McNeese State - Blake Joseph was back on the Bearkat sidelines. The team still had their fair share of issues with penalties. It was nice to see the defense to step it up late, but if you are playing relatively even with NWST, can you really expect to play better than the Pokes in "The Hole"? McNEESE STATE

LIONFAN85
November 1st, 2009, 10:41 AM
We play in Demon land. So that will make it a little more difficult. They are 0-8 and LSU plays Bama at 2:30. We play at 2 so I don't see many people showing up in Turpin for that one. Unless BDP can still sweet talk people that he has a team with tons of returning starters and some great transfers that is 0-8 is moving in the right direction

McNeese75
November 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM
NWSU - SELA - Demons are still due but the Lions are picked.
NSU - SFA - This one points to SFA but if Moses is out who knows.
TSU - UCA - Home field but after a big win the Cats could pull this one off
MSU - SHSU - I expect this game to be very competitive (like they all will be through the end of conference play)

NSUDemon98
November 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
We play in Demon land. So that will make it a little more difficult. They are 0-8 and LSU plays Bama at 2:30. We play at 2 so I don't see many people showing up in Turpin for that one. Unless BDP can still sweet talk people that he has a team with tons of returning starters and some great transfers that is 0-8 is moving in the right direction

Another classy post. You people sure do have a lot of animosity towards a man in his first season in the SLC whom you've never met.

This is a prediction thread, not a bash the other team's coach thread.

NSUDemon98
November 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM
TT's Predictions

Northwestern State @ Southeastern La - The Demons have played the games close the last two weeks. SLU is looking to continue their home success and the Demons are ripe for the picking. SOUTHEASTERN LA

Nicholls @ Stephen F. Austin - Nothing beats coming off a loss to TXST than coming home and playing a team that is still looking for their first conference win. The Colonels can cause problems, but they have yet to really do so this year for any team. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Texas St-San Marcos @ Central Arkansas - The Bobcats are coming off the high of beating SFA. The Bears off a rough loss on the road. UCA has had TXST's number and probably has a bad taste in their mouth. To be the best, you have to beat the best. The 2008 SLC champions* Bobcats did not beat UCA nor will the 2009 version of the squad. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Sam Houston State @ McNeese State - Blake Joseph was back on the Bearkat sidelines. The team still had their fair share of issues with penalties. It was nice to see the defense to step it up late, but if you are playing relatively even with NWST, can you really expect to play better than the Pokes in "The Hole"? McNEESE STATE

Lions over Demons
Lumberjacks over Colonels
Bobcats over Bears
Cowboys over Kats

lionsrking2
November 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
We play in Demon land. So that will make it a little more difficult.

I'd say that makes it a lot more difficult, considering we hardly ever win in Natchitoches in ANY sport...don't make me pull out my flag!! xsmiley_wix

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2009, 11:41 AM
You people sure do have a lot of animosity towards a man in his first season in the SLC whom you've never met.

When all we heard in the postseason was how great he was, how good the Demons were and the typical 'hype' - it's very easy for all to pile on NWST... xreadx

NSUDemon98
November 1st, 2009, 11:53 AM
When all we heard in the postseason was how great he was, how good the Demons were and the typical 'hype' - it's very easy for all to pile on NWST... xreadx

But was that him[BDP] saying that and writing that? Or once again the SID doing his yearly routine?

Different coach, same hyping...not too hard to put two and two together.

And you're right, it is VERY easy to pile on...but enough is enough. We're 0-8, what more needs to be said? Myself, or DallasDemon, can't even make a post about NSU without someone turning it around into something that wasn't even implied or meant.

buckp
November 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Lions over Demons
Bears over Bobcats
Cowboys over Kats

4-way tie in SLC in conference battles: Cowboys, Lions, Lumberjacks Bobcats are all 3-1! Every gave counts in SLC- love it!!!! xbowx

msusig
November 1st, 2009, 02:39 PM
Another classy post. You people sure do have a lot of animosity towards a man in his first season in the SLC whom you've never met.

Hope the demons pull of a conference win this season. The only hate I have is for LSU and USL.

msusig
November 1st, 2009, 02:40 PM
Lions over Demons
Bears over Bobcats
Cowboys over Kats

4-way tie in SLC in conference battles: Cowboys, Lions, Lumberjacks Bobcats are all 3-1! Every gave counts in SLC- love it!!!! xbowx

All the cowboys need to do is win out and hope SFA loses one more. I still can't believe we lost that one.

txst80
November 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
All the cowboys need to do is win out and hope SFA loses one more. I still can't believe we lost that one.

We can all say that. All the Cats need to do is win out and hope SELA loses one more. I still can't believe we lost that one.

crossfire07
November 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
And you're right, it is VERY easy to pile on...but enough is enough. We're 0-8, what more needs to be said? Myself, or DallasDemon, can't even make a post about NSU without someone turning it around into something that wasn't even implied or meant.

other people can't make a post about nsu as well without you implying it means the worst or turning it around. the demons are 0-8 and if you can't handle what comes from being 0-8 then you need to stop reading the boards.nsu put out all the crap in the preseason of how good they was going to be and now you are trying to stop all of the flies from settling on it. good luck.

BobcatTXST04
November 1st, 2009, 02:55 PM
We can all say that. All the Cats need to do is win out and hope SELA loses one more. I still can't believe we lost that one.

4 teams right now can say that.

Next Saturday should clear things up.

Anyway, onto predictions.

Lions devour Demons. NWST seems poised for an upset this season, but SELU is a cautious team and will be careful not to let it happen.

Jacks axe Colonels. SFA won't lose two in a row, not with a shot at the playoffs on the line.

Bobcats bite Bears. Have we finally awakened to be the team everyone thought we were at the start of the season? I think so and I think UCA's streak against us will end Saturday.

Pokes rope Kats. McNeese wants back in the playoffs, Sammy State can only play for the upset to knock MSU out of the SLC playoff race. McNeese is playing too good lately to let this happen.

NSUDemon98
November 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hope the demons pull of a conference win this season. The only hate I have is for LSU and USL.

I think all SLC schools have a mutual dislike for each other...but some people have become a little obsessed with our new coach and SID. I mean we're 0-8 for crying out loud...what more needs to be said? xlolx

NSUDemon98
November 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM
other people can't make a post about nsu as well without you implying it means the worst or turning it around. the demons are 0-8 and if you can't handle what comes from being 0-8 then you need to stop reading the boards.nsu put out all the crap in the preseason of how good they was going to be and now you are trying to stop all of the flies from settling on it. good luck.

No, when you post about NSU you DO mean it the worst way...otherwise you wouldn't post...that much is clear.

And I am well aware of what the SID put out...but this is week 10 of the season, we're 0-8...wtf else needs to be said? xreadx

crossfire07
November 1st, 2009, 03:47 PM
there is a lot left to be said since there is still a lot of football left to be played. you don't want people to "rag" on NSU but on the NSU board y'all don't have a problem at all ragging other schools. nobody even discourages it. doesn't that seem to be hypocritical? you like to dish it out until it comes your way then you can't take it? when you and others quit belittling other teams for their failures then you come back and jump down whoevers throat you want but until then you are just going to have to get over it. nobody here ever writes a post putting down NSU the way NSU posters puts down other schools on their board.

El Gato
November 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
there is a lot left to be said since there is still a lot of football left to be played. you don't want people to "rag" on NSU but on the NSU board y'all don't have a problem at all ragging other schools. nobody even discourages it. doesn't that seem to be hypocritical? you like to dish it out until it comes your way then you can't take it? when you and others quit belittling other teams for their failures then you come back and jump down whoevers throat you want but until then you are just going to have to get over it. nobody here ever writes a post putting down NSU the way NSU posters puts down other schools on their board.
Called out.

And have to agree. You talk about your SID talking up your new coach, but as I recall it was the NSU posters on this board that were taking this information and running with it. I remember counting 10+ posts on a 5 page thread in the preseason with NSU posters touting their team as the team to beat in the SLC. And I'm not going to lie, I read so many posts like this from you guys(not your SID) that I actually bought into it a bit. Since you all put your team up on such a high pedestal, now the fall is just that much greater.

NSUDemon98
November 1st, 2009, 04:54 PM
you don't want people to "rag" on NSU but on the NSU board y'all don't have a problem at all ragging other schools.

You have no clue what you are even talking about. Go find me a thread where we are ragging on another school...we've had this discussion before, btw...go ahead and go look, but you won't find one. While you're at it, find a post that I have made saying anything derogatory about any other school.xnonono2x

you like to dish it out until it comes your way then you can't take it?

Once again, you really don't know what you are talking about.

when you and others quit belittling other teams for their failures then you come back and jump down whoevers throat you want but until then you are just going to have to get over it.

For the upteenth million time, you are so out in left field it is crazy. Who on the NSU board or here is belittling any other team for their failures? You think because TWO PEOPLE use the term "McOne and Done"(which I have NEVER used) that THAT is belittling another team for their failures...but yet at the same time McNeese posters get to have free reign to refer to us as "Shemons" and have been doing it for like 4 years????xrolleyesx Tick for Tat is what that is...

I've tried to reason with you but it does no good. We get along just fine with McPosters who come to the NSU board...until someone shows up with no credibility and shows their butt by trying to say that "we're all wrong, and I'm right" and then gets mad and leaves and proceeds to have a vendetta. That is where your whole problem lies. You have this hatred towards NSU and anyone associated because two people were rude to you on the NSU board and criticized your spelling and grammar...and so because of that the rest of us are guilty by association. xnonono2x

NSUDemon98
November 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM
Called out.

And have to agree. You talk about your SID talking up your new coach, but as I recall it was the NSU posters on this board that were taking this information and running with it. I remember counting 10+ posts on a 5 page thread in the preseason with NSU posters touting their team as the team to beat in the SLC. And I'm not going to lie, I read so many posts like this from you guys(not your SID) that I actually bought into it a bit. Since you all put your team up on such a high pedestal, now the fall is just that much greater.

Called out? no, not really. I was not involved. I had no clue what to expect from this team...but whatever, we're all guilty by association.

LIONFAN85
November 1st, 2009, 07:16 PM
Well I'm not saying that BDP won't have success down the road. But I will say that last season I posted on the NWST board just saying that I'm not sold on BDP and was ripped up. I got so many message directed at me about I didn't know anything and things like he will dominate Lucas and the Lions over the next couple seasons. There were many more things said I just can't remember them all. BDP may win lots on games in his time at NWST but the one fact that is standing out is he took one of the best defenses in the country and made it one of the worst. Chavis has mostly the same talent and has them really playing well. I will get ripped by everybody after this but that is a fact. Stocker won 7 games and had lots of talent and BDP comes in and is 0-8. So it looks to the average person that this guy comes in a destroys evrerything. Thats just what people see from the outside. So I'm sure i will get an earfull.;)

JohnStOnge
November 1st, 2009, 07:37 PM

Yeah I can see y'all saying that because you had a big lead at the end of the third quarter and got outscored 24 - 6. But it's also different in that...at least in looking at the stats...it doesn't look like Texas State dominated SELA in terms of moving the football like McNeese dominated SFA. In your disappointment Texas State had 204 yards rushing and 541 total yards, but SELA wasn't that far behind with 208 yards rushing and 491 total yards. McNeese had 24 first downs to SFA's 13, 154 rushing yards to SFA's 44, and 427 total yards to SFA's 270. In terms of moving the football and stopping the opponent from moving the football, McNeese dominated SFA to a greater extent than it dominated Northwestern State, SELA, or Nicholls State (in fact McNeese didn't really "dominate" SELA at all). Yet that's the game they lost. Nicholls State yesterday looked MUCH better physically against McNeese (i.e., ability to stop McNeese's offense and move the football themselves) than SFA did. In terms of the physical matchup, SFA is the conference game McNeese had the LEAST business losing.

McNeese72
November 1st, 2009, 08:06 PM
Nobody ever believes me when I say that SLU looked better to me than SFA did when we played both teams.

Doc

txstatebobcat
November 1st, 2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah I can see y'all saying that because you had a big lead at the end of the third quarter and got outscored 24 - 6. But it's also different in that...at least in looking at the stats...it doesn't look like Texas State dominated SELA in terms of moving the football like McNeese dominated SFA. In your disappointment Texas State had 204 yards rushing and 541 total yards, but SELA wasn't that far behind with 208 yards rushing and 491 total yards. McNeese had 24 first downs to SFA's 13, 154 rushing yards to SFA's 44, and 427 total yards to SFA's 270. In terms of moving the football and stopping the opponent from moving the football, McNeese dominated SFA to a greater extent than it dominated Northwestern State, SELA, or Nicholls State (in fact McNeese didn't really "dominate" SELA at all). Yet that's the game they lost. Nicholls State yesterday looked MUCH better physically against McNeese (i.e., ability to stop McNeese's offense and move the football themselves) than SFA did. In terms of the physical matchup, SFA is the conference game McNeese had the LEAST business losing.

The six points came in over time. It was a complete team meltdown on part of the bobcat football team. The offense that had racked up 500+ yards the previous three quarters didn't manage a single first down and maybe 10-15 yards of total offense in the last ten minutes of the game. The bobcat defense which had held the lions to 21 pts and less than three hundred yards total offense the previous 3 and 1/3 quarters suddenly went to sleep and allowed 3 straight touchdowns and 3 straight two point conversions along with 168 total yards in the last ten minutes of the game. Won't even go into the blocked punt and missed extra point.

If just one of the things would have clicked, things would have turned out much different. Had the bobcat offense clicked and created just a couple of first downs, which was something it was doing throughout the game, then SLU wouldn't have had time to score three touchdowns. Had the defense even stopped one of the three two point conversions it would have been game over. Had our kicker made the extra point on the last touchdown scored in the fourth quarter SLU would have had to score four times to win.

lionsrking2
November 1st, 2009, 09:18 PM
The six points came in over time. It was a complete team meltdown on part of the bobcat football team. The offense that had racked up 500+ yards the previous three quarters didn't manage a single first down and maybe 10-15 yards of total offense in the last ten minutes of the game. The bobcat defense which had held the lions to 21 pts and less than three hundred yards total offense the previous 3 and 1/3 quarters suddenly went to sleep and allowed 3 straight touchdowns and 3 straight two point conversions along with 168 total yards in the last ten minutes of the game. Won't even go into the blocked punt and missed extra point.

If just one of the things would have clicked, things would have turned out much different. Had the bobcat offense clicked and created just a couple of first downs, which was something it was doing throughout the game, then SLU wouldn't have had time to score three touchdowns. Had the defense even stopped one of the three two point conversions it would have been game over. Had our kicker made the extra point on the last touchdown scored in the fourth quarter SLU would have had to score four times to win.

First of all, I'm sure you do feel like you "should" have won that game considering you were ahead by 24, but I would hardly categorize it as a "meltdown" on the part of the Bobcats. Bottom line, is we stepped up and won it by making necessary defensive adjustments in the 4th quarter, with having three secondary starters out, and we executed on the offensive end.

A meltdown is what happened to us at SFA last year when we were up 24 in the second half...we had two bad punt snaps - one inside our own ten - a roughing the punter on 4th and long, which gave them their first first down after eight consecutive three and outs - they score two plays later - a roughing the passer after we intercept Moses - they score right after - two fumbled punts deep in our own territory that they capitalize on.

Meltdowns are self-inflicted wounds and you guys played relatively clean against us other than the missed extra point. There were no onside kicks, no turnovers, no dropped balls, or bad snaps during our 4th quarter run...we stopped you, got the ball back and scored each time...and speaking of the extra point in regulation, we missed one too, not to mention we also missed a FG.

And you never really stopped us during the game...the only times we punted, we dropped two wide open deep balls - one of which would have been an easy TD and the other about a 40-yard gain...we fumbled while driving to open the second half...you guys were fortunate to be up 24, but games are four quarters and it all evened out in the end.

I'm not saying we are better or anything like that, but it was two evenly matched teams and the game went down to the wire like it should have.

txst80
November 1st, 2009, 10:16 PM
First of all, I'm sure you do feel like you "should" have won that game considering you were ahead by 24, but I would hardly categorize it as a "meltdown" on the part of the Bobcats. Bottom line, is we stepped up and won it by making necessary defensive adjustments in the 4th quarter, with having three secondary starters out, and we executed on the offensive end.

A meltdown is what happened to us at SFA last year when we were up 24 in the second half...we had two bad punt snaps - one inside our own ten - a roughing the punter on 4th and long, which gave them their first first down after eight consecutive three and outs - they score two plays later - a roughing the passer after we intercept Moses - they score right after - two fumbled punts deep in our own territory that they capitalize on.

Meltdowns are self-inflicted wounds and you guys played relatively clean against us other than the missed extra point. There were no onside kicks, no turnovers, no dropped balls, or bad snaps during our 4th quarter run...we stopped you, got the ball back and scored each time...and speaking of the extra point in regulation, we missed one too, not to mention we also missed a FG.

And you never really stopped us during the game...the only times we punted, we dropped two wide open deep balls - one of which would have been an easy TD and the other about a 40-yard gain...we fumbled while driving to open the second half...you guys were fortunate to be up 24, but games are four quarters and it all evened out in the end.

I'm not saying we are better or anything like that, but it was two evenly matched teams and the game went down to the wire like it should have.

I'm not saying you guys didn't play well the last 10 minutes, but that most certainly was a meltdown on our part.

MaximumBobcat
November 1st, 2009, 10:26 PM
It was a meltdown. I hate to be a real dick and say that we lost the game and SELA didn't win it, but that's exactly what happened.

Giving up THREE two point conversions in the 4th quarter is a defense that sucks, not an offense thats rolling. MHO. Not saying you guys don't have an above-average offense, but we should have stopped one of the 2 pt conversions. And yes Lionsrking, we did have self inflicted wounds...penalty on one of your 2 pt conversions rings a bell.

SELA played the better game and won fair and square. Grats again Lions, that was a helluva way to get your first W against us.

lionsrking2
November 1st, 2009, 10:30 PM
It was a meltdown. I hate to be a real dick and say that we lost the game and SELA didn't win it, but that's exactly what happened.

Giving up THREE two point conversions in the 4th quarter is a defense that sucks, not an offense thats rolling. MHO

Well, I completely disagree...but it's all a matter of perspective I guess. Maybe we should request the NCAA institute a mercy rule...if you're up 24, game over.

MaximumBobcat
November 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Well, I completely disagree...but it's all a matter of perspective I guess. Maybe we should request the NCAA institute a mercy rule...if you're up 24, game over.

I like! xlolx

lionsrking2
November 1st, 2009, 10:34 PM
I like! xlolx

I bet you do!!xsmiley_wix

MaximumBobcat
November 1st, 2009, 10:35 PM
I bet you do!!xsmiley_wix

Not sure we would have been able to mount our comeback against Ga. Southern in the 05 playoffs if this rule would've been implemented though.

:D:D:D

Oh, and Armanti would be at GSU now. Right Sewak? xlolx

Barrick Nealy sends his apologies Eagles fans.

txstatebobcat
November 1st, 2009, 11:18 PM

I however see it as an epic meltdown on our side of things. The numbers don't lie, over a third of all the yardage and over half the points scored occurred in the last ten minutes of the game, Our QB who had a passing percentage of around 75% going into the last ten minutes of the quarter suddenly gets at least 4 in completes in a row. And this is not the first time its happened to bobcats this season, just the worst example of it. This bobcat team has had huge problems with 4th quarter letdown, it has happened in every single game we've played so far with the exception of SFA and Northwestern St which is a good sign.

GeauxLions94
November 1st, 2009, 11:23 PM
Nobody ever believes me when I say that SLU looked better to me than SFA did when we played both teams.

Doc

Doc, I believe you. No arguments coming from the other side of the state xthumbsupx

cajundemon
November 1st, 2009, 11:43 PM
Called out.

I certainly touted this team being a contender...8-3, I think was my prediction. Some of us raised us up on a pedestal due to what we saw in the spring, and what we thought would be returning this year from a 7-5 squad. Which is a whole different discussion. Those predictions were made in the summer, what fan isn't overly optimistic a month or two before the season begins?....so what? We have high expectations here and I love that about NSU football, certainly not a bad thing at all in my opinon. We made our beds and its time to lie in it, not the first and certainly won't be the last time I get a piece of humble pie. All we can do as fans is stay on board and continue to support this team. Yes the fall was painful, but my thinking is after a season like this the rise back to the top will be that much sweeter. Say what you want but its all you really have left when your 0-8.

lionsrking2
November 1st, 2009, 11:54 PM
I however see it as an epic meltdown on our side of things. The numbers don't lie, over a third of all the yardage and over half the points scored occurred in the last ten minutes of the game, Our QB who had a passing percentage of around 75% going into the last ten minutes of the quarter suddenly gets at least 4 in completes in a row. And this is not the first time its happened to bobcats this season, just the worst example of it. This bobcat team has had huge problems with 4th quarter letdown, it has happened in every single game we've played so far with the exception of SFA and Northwestern St which is a good sign.

Football games are four quarter long and teams do make adjustments throughout...you guys showed one option play in four games previous to ours and ran it 15 times or so against us - very effectively I might add...we had to adjust on the fly, missing three starters in our secondary, and it took into the fourth quarter to get our kids alligned correctly...once we got it figured out, we stopped you on three straight possessions...sometimes you have to give credit to the other team for making plays - which we did.

As for our total yardage, the only reason we didn't have more yardage prior to the 4th quarter is we didn't have the ball...you never stopped us...we had a three and out on our first possession of the game, but we also dropped about a 40-yard deep ball in that series that was wide open which put us behind the chains...only other time we punted, we dropped a sure TD that would have gone for 60+ yards...we missed a FG when we could have gone for it on 4th and short at your 27...and we fumbled while driving on our first possession of the second half...we ran the ball at will and had we not fallen behind and had to throw the ball, we could have had 350+ rushing easily...we should have had 50+ points in regulation.

I understand looking at it strictly from your point of view, but there are usually two teams on the field during a game...we give Texas State all the credit in the world for jumping out to the big lead, but we had a lot to do with our own comeback...I could understand if you turned the ball over, dropped passes, had penalties, etc., but other than the blocked punt - which we schemed up - you guys played a near error free football game. The missed extra points and missed FG by us canceled each other out.

MaximumBobcat
November 2nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
Football games are four quarter long and teams do make adjustments throughout...you guys showed one option play in four games previous to ours and ran it 15 times or so against us - very effectively I might add...we had to adjust on the fly, missing three starters in our secondary, and it took into the fourth quarter to get our kids alligned correctly...once we got it figured out, we stopped you on three straight possessions...sometimes you have to give credit to the other team for making plays - which we did.

As for our total yardage, the only reason we didn't have more yardage prior to the 4th quarter is we didn't have the ball...you never stopped us...we had a three and out on our first possession of the game, but we also dropped about a 40-yard deep ball in that series that was wide open which put us behind the chains...only other time we punted, we dropped a sure TD that would have gone for 60+ yards...we missed a FG when we could have gone for it on 4th and short at your 27...and we fumbled while driving on our first possession of the second half...we ran the ball at will and had we not fallen behind and had to throw the ball, we could have had 350+ rushing easily...we should have had 50+ points in regulation.

I understand looking at it strictly from your point of view, but there are usually two teams on the field during a game...we give Texas State all the credit in the world for jumping out to the big lead, but we had a lot to do with our own comeback...I could understand if you turned the ball over, dropped passes, had penalties, etc., but other than the blocked punt - which we schemed up - you guys played a near error free football game. The missed extra points and missed FG by us canceled each other out.

One of the reasons you didn't punt more than once was because of the fumbles, but two were FORCED FUMBLES by Joe Bell and Joplo Bartu. Punched those suckers right out. That's a helluva lot better than a 3 and out IMO. So you saying "you never stopped us" is just plain silly.

cajundemon
November 2nd, 2009, 12:08 AM
Well I'm not saying that BDP won't have success down the road. But I will say that last season I posted on the NWST board just saying that I'm not sold on BDP and was ripped up. I got so many message directed at me about I didn't know anything and things like he will dominate Lucas and the Lions over the next couple seasons. There were many more things said I just can't remember them all. BDP may win lots on games in his time at NWST but the one fact that is standing out is he took one of the best defenses in the country and made it one of the worst. Chavis has mostly the same talent and has them really playing well. I will get ripped by everybody after this but that is a fact. Stocker won 7 games and had lots of talent and BDP comes in and is 0-8. So it looks to the average person that this guy comes in a destroys evrerything. Thats just what people see from the outside. So I'm sure i will get an earfull.;)

Its really not the same defensive squad, I dont expect you to know that but the returning starters listed before the season is not what we have now...and best defenses in the country? our defense last year was very average, we finished 4th or 5th in YPG in the conference. LSU's defense compared to last year is a whole different discussion, I hate LSU's affect on the state FCS schools so I refuse to discuss them. Peveto has done a lot of things in Natchitoches, but "destroying everything" is a little extreme...

lionsrking2
November 2nd, 2009, 12:15 AM
One of the reasons you didn't punt more than once was because of the 2 fumbles, but one was a FORCED FUMBLE by Joe Bell. Punched that sucker right out. That's a helluva lot better than a 3 and out IMO.

Yes, the one fumble was forced which is a credit to your defender...but if we don't fumble, we very likely go down and score...we were never stuffed; and in fact - even when we were down 24 - our coaches and players still thought we had a chance to get back in it - just needed to get a couple of defensive stops - which we did.

It may have taken the scenic route to get there, but the outcome was about what it should have been, plus or minus a point or two - thankfully for us, we were on the plus side.

MaximumBobcat
November 2nd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Yes, the one fumble was forced which is a credit to your defender...but if we don't fumble, we very likely go down and score...we were never stuffed; and in fact - even when we were down 24 - our coaches and players still thought we had a chance to get back in it - just needed to get a couple of defensive stops - which we did.

It may have taken the scenic route to get there, but the outcome was about what it should have been, plus or minus a point or two - thankfully for us, we were on the plus side.

I edited my original post. we had two forced fumbles.

obviously it was a good game...we are still talking about it today. xlolx.

BEAR
November 2nd, 2009, 06:41 AM
Hey TT...do your admin thing and start a new thread with predictions for week 10...this one has gotten a little off topic....xnodxxlolx

UCABEARS75
November 2nd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Doc, I believe you. No arguments coming from the other side of the state xthumbsupx

I've seem 'em both up close and personal.

In my opinion SELA is better by 2-3 touchdowns.

Our game with SFA should not have been close (we handed them 21 points).

SELA beat our butts!!!

SM_Bobcat
November 2nd, 2009, 10:46 AM

Lionsking, if you give up a 24 point lead with under 10 minutes to play in a game, that is considered a melt down.

However, I fully give credit to SELU, they went out and made the plays needed to win the ball game. We came close to getting stops several times in the 4th quarter, and your WR's stepped up and made several HUGE plays that most teams WR's couldn't make to allow your team to get the win.

lionsrking2
November 2nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
However, I fully give credit to SELU, they went out and made the plays needed to win the ball game. We came close to getting stops several times in the 4th quarter, and your WR's stepped up and made several HUGE plays that most teams WR's couldn't make to allow your team to get the win.

You made my point pretty well...you came close several times but our guys made plays...it's not like you were sitting back in a soft zone and giving us stuff...and offensively, you guys were still running your offense trying to score...you didn't go into a shell and rope-a-dope, or turn the ball over to us...we did block a punt which saved us some time, but again, that's a play we schemed up and made...we damn near get one block per week.

I fully understand you guys feeling like it was an "epic meltdown" but I'm sure you'll excuse us on our end for feeling like it was more of an "epic comeback."

Bottom line, it was a great game between two good football teams - we just happened to come out on top in OT.

SM_Bobcat
November 2nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
You made my point pretty well...you came close several times but our guys made plays...it's not like you were sitting back in a soft zone and giving us stuff...and offensively, you guys were still running your offense trying to score...you didn't go into a shell and rope-a-dope, or turn the ball over to us...we did block a punt which saved us some time, but again, that's a play we schemed up and made...we damn near get one block per week.

I fully understand you guys feeling like it was an "epic meltdown" but I'm sure you'll excuse us on our end for feeling like it was more of an "epic comeback."

Bottom line, it was a great game between two good football teams - we just happened to come out on top in OT.

Any time a team blows a 24 point lead in under 10 minutes, that is by definition a melt down. That said, any melt down also requires another team to step up and get the win. It is impossible for one team alone to completely choke a game away, with the team that ends up winning the game to go and take it as well.

I see exactly where you feel you came and took it, because in truth ya'll did, you stepped up and made the plays. But when anyone else looks at a game and sees a team lose a game when they had a 24 point lead, it is said that they blew a the lead. Because no team is good enough to overcome a 24 point lead without the other team giving them alot of help as well.

lionsrking2
November 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Any time a team blows a 24 point lead in under 10 minutes, that is by definition a melt down. That said, any melt down also requires another team to step up and get the win. It is impossible for one team alone to completely choke a game away, with the team that ends up winning the game to go and take it as well.

I see exactly where you feel you came and took it, because in truth ya'll did, you stepped up and made the plays. But when anyone else looks at a game and sees a team lose a game when they had a 24 point lead, it is said that they blew a the lead. Because no team is good enough to overcome a 24 point lead without the other team giving them alot of help as well.

Let's consider it settled...we both still have a lot to play for.

txst80
November 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
24 point lead with 10 minutes left is a meltdown regardless of how you look at it. If you scored 24 points every 10 minutes in the game you would have scored 144 points. Nobody can score that many points on anybody without the other team playing terribly. You scored on us in the last 10 minutes like SFA did on Texas College. Maybe the talent gap between SELA and Tx St is larger than that of SFA and Texas College. Man we suck.

GeauxLions94
November 4th, 2009, 11:06 PM
2009 Record: 35-13
Last week: 2-2

Southeastern Louisiana @ Northwestern State - One team (SLU) was picked to finish at the bottom of the Southland standings. One team (NWLA) is at the bottom of the league standings. Wow, have times changed pretty quickly. For the Lions to remain at top of Southland Conference standings, they'll have to beat the winless Demons in Natchitoches for the first time since the Carter Adminstration (boy those were great days xrolleyesx). SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Nicholls @ Stephen F. Austin - SFA comes off its first Southland Conference loss as its high-octane offense was stymied at Texas State. Nicholls has had trouble on defense all season and facing the 'Jacks on the road (after an SFA loss) isn't what the doctor ordered. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Texas State @ Central Arkansas - Texas State picked up its most impressive league win after victories on the road. The Cats are back on for another long road trip again as they face a UCA team that will not claim another "unofficial" conference championship. Good matchups as Bradley George goes up against a stout UCA defense while UCA's Brent Grimes will face Texas State's defense. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Sam Houston State @ McNeese State - SHSU put up a ton of yards in a big win over Northwestern State at home, but will face a hard-hitting McNeese State defense, highlighted by Desmund Lighten. McQB Derrick Fourroux and Co. should have no problem against Scott Stoker's "Orange Swarm" Defense. MCNEESE STATE

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 5th, 2009, 12:36 AM
SELA
SFA
TEXAS STATE (DON'T LET ME DOWN!!)
MCNEESE

Dallas Demon
November 5th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Lions over Demons
Bobcats over Bears
Cowboys over Kats

Ditto your picks.

MaximumBobcat
November 5th, 2009, 01:20 AM
So the only people who think TxSt can beat UCA are the Bobcat and Demon fans eh? Interesting....

txst80
November 5th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Demons over Lions - Yeah thats right. Bet I'm the only one predicting this. Even after they lose game after game I still think they are talented. They are bound to win one eventually. Can they really lose 9 straight this year?

Lumberjacks over Colonels - On the other hand, Nicholls losing game after game doesn't surprise me. SFA should roll in this one.

Bobcats over Bears - I think we are the better team. We don't match up particularly well though. Hopefully our athleticism can win this one for us.

Cowboys over Bearkats - Sam won't be able to compete with Mcneese.

NSUDemon98
November 5th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Our game with SFA should not have been close (we handed them 21 points).

I thought it was only 7? They stripped a ball out and blocked a punt...xreadx

katstrapper
November 5th, 2009, 08:07 AM

Agreed, but Peveto should not have gone out there running his mouth about the "Peveto Promise".xlolx How many season tickets holders got their money back for this season?

SE La v NW St... Lions were my sleeper pick at the beginning of the year and I stick with it. SE Louisiana

SHSU v McNeese St.. Coach Whitten is 0-4 vs McNeese since he has been at SHSU and the Kats have never played well in La. Look for Whitten to be 0-5 after Saturday. McNeese St

TX State v Central Ark... Bobkitties got a big win against SFA last weekend in San Marcos, but TX State has been a mystery this season. Tough game on the road for TX State... Central Ark.

Nicholls St v SFA...Triple option is not getting it done for the Colonels and SFA will be looking to get back on track at home...SFA

UCABEARS75
November 5th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I thought it was only 7? They stripped a ball out and blocked a punt...xreadx

(1) One of our blockers touched a punt (looked close on film) and we gave them the ball on our 26.

(2) They stripped our ball carrier (punt returner) and we gave them the ball on our 16.

(3) They blocked a punt and took over on our 1.

They scored TD's on all three of these.

McNeese72
November 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Our game with SFA was a very frustrating game, also. After they got 14 points in the 1st quarter, we pretty much shut their offense down. But offensively we couldn't get untracked. Everytime we made a big play, there would be a penalty flag.

We had one series, where we had a TD run called back by holding. The next play we completed a pass to a TE that would have made it a very manageable 3rd and 2 but the refs were late blowing the whistle when a bunch of SFA defenders stood up our TE and one of our OL picked one off and got called for a personal foul. On the very next play we hit a long pass that would have made it first and goal inside the 10 yard line but there was another holding call. We went from a TD, to out of field goal range to having to punt.

Their only two points after the 1st quarter came on a safety when we got called for holding in the endzone. We also missed a short FG when it hit the upright. We won all the statistical battles (even the most penalties) but lost the more important one, total points and lost 16-14. A very frustrating loss.

Another frustrating thing was that SFA was doing a lot of pushing and shoving after the whistle and our guys lost their cool and got flagged when they retailiated and shoved back. Our coaching staff has addressed that and our players have been instructed not to let that crap get to them and not to retaliate.

Doc

cajundemon
November 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Agreed, but Peveto should not have gone out there running his mouth about the "Peveto Promise".xlolx How many season tickets holders got their money back for this season?

SE La v NW St... Lions were my sleeper pick at the beginning of the year and I stick with it. SE Louisiana

SHSU v McNeese St.. Coach Whitten is 0-4 vs McNeese since he has been at SHSU and the Kats have never played well in La. Look for Whitten to be 0-5 after Saturday. McNeese St

TX State v Central Ark... Bobkitties got a big win against SFA last weekend in San Marcos, but TX State has been a mystery this season. Tough game on the road for TX State... Central Ark.

Nicholls St v SFA...Triple option is not getting it done for the Colonels and SFA will be looking to get back on track at home...SFA

Only two people asked for their money back...and at 0-8 we will still have 3 or 4 times the attendance Bowers will see all year. xsmiley_wix

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 5th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Only two people asked for their money back...and at 0-8 we will still have 3 or 4 times the attendance Bowers will see all year. xsmiley_wix

haha, awesome. funny cuz it's true xsmhxxlolx

DG Cowboy
November 5th, 2009, 01:27 PM
This is NW's week.
Nicholls D could show up.
UCA at home.
McNeese in the hole.

OK, maybe this is wishful thinking.

SFA 71
November 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM
In terms of the physical matchup, SFA is the conference game McNeese had the LEAST business losing.

But they did & that's the bottom line.:o

SFA 71
November 5th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Our game with SFA was a very frustrating game, also. That's why they call it losing! After they got 14 points in the 1st quarter, we pretty much shut their offense down. But offensively we couldn't get untracked. Everytime we made a big play, there would be a penalty flag.

We had one series, where we had a TD run called back by holding. The next play we completed a pass to a TE that would have made it a very manageable 3rd and 2 but the refs were late blowing the whistle when a bunch of SFA defenders stood up our TE and one of our OL picked one off and got called for a personal foul. On the very next play we hit a long pass that would have made it first and goal inside the 10 yard line but there was another holding call. We went from a TD, to out of field goal range to having to punt.

Their only two points after the 1st quarter came on a safety when we got called for holding in the endzone. We also missed a short FG when it hit the upright. We won all the statistical battles (even the most penalties) but lost the more important one, total points and lost 16-14. A very frustrating loss.

Another frustrating thing was that SFA was doing a lot of pushing and shoving after the whistle and our guys lost their cool and got flagged when they retailiated and shoved back. Our coaching staff has addressed that and our players have been instructed not to let that crap get to them and not to retaliate.

Doc

When we complained about events that occurred in our losses in the past it was called whining. What do you call this. :o

txst80
November 5th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I was wondering when one of the two SFA fans would stumble back to the board. It only took 5 days.

McNeese72
November 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM
When we complained about events that occurred in our losses in the past it was called whining. What do you call this. :o

Yeah, you could consider it whinning. But from what I saw, you guys weren't as good as I was expecting to see. We had a good shot at winning this game but made too many mistakes. It sounds like the SFA-UCA game was similar.

And, from what I saw of SLU a couple of weeks, ago, you guys better look out when you go visit Strawberry Stadium a week from this Saturday.

Doc

SFA 71
November 5th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I was wondering when one of the two SFA fans would stumble back to the board. It only took 5 days.

Actually I was on the campus of SWT & UTSA Monday through Wednesday, working to help those poor misguided students get a job & I didn't bother to take my computer with me. :o

SFA 71
November 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, you could consider it whinning. But from what I saw, you guys weren't as good as I was expecting to see. We had a good shot at winning this game but made too many mistakes. I sounds like the SFA-UCA game was similar.

And, from what I saw of SLU a couple of weeks, ago, you guys better look out when you go visit Srawberry Stadium a week from this Saturday.

Doc

Well, what can I say, when you make mistakes you lose! Our only mistake would be to not take advantage of the mistakes that you made. Same thing at UCA. In the past we made mistake & you took advantage of them and loved doing it & said you were wonderful when you did so.
I have a feeling the Jacks will be on the look out when they go to Strawberry Stadium. I don't know what they'll do when they go to Srawberry Stadium. Maybe you can look out for them when they make that mistake. Lots of people make mistakes. :o

SFA 71
November 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, you could consider it whinning. But from what I saw, you guys weren't as good as I was expecting to see. We had a good shot at winning this game but made too many mistakes. I sounds like the SFA-UCA game was similar.

And, from what I saw of SLU a couple of weeks, ago, you guys better look out when you go visit Srawberry Stadium a week from this Saturday.

Doc

Well, what can I say, when you make mistakes you lose! Our only mistake would be to not take advantage of the mistakes that you made. Same thing at UCA. In the past we made mistakes & you took advantage of them and loved doing it & said you were wonderful when you did so.
I have a feeling the Jacks will be on the look out when they go to Strawberry Stadium. I don't know what they'll do when they go to Srawberry Stadium. Maybe you can look out for them when they make that mistake. Lots of people make mistakes. :o

McNeese72
November 5th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Well, what can I say, when you make mistakes you lose! Our only mistake would be to not take advantage of the mistakes that you made. Same thing at UCA. In the past we made mistakes & you took advantage of them and loved doing it & said you were wonderful when you did so.

You can be a smartass and jump on the typos I made in my quick post all you want, but you know what I mean. You guys better hope SLU makes a lot of mistakes when you play them in Strawberry Stadium in Hammond. Those guys are very good.

Doc

SFA 71
November 5th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Can I help it if I read & think about what I post before I post them? Strange concept I know.

FormerPokeCenter
November 5th, 2009, 05:17 PM
You have no clue what you are even talking about. Go find me a thread where we are ragging on another school...we've had this discussion before, btw...go ahead and go look, but you won't find one. While you're at it, find a post that I have made saying anything derogatory about any other school.xnonono2x

Once again, you really don't know what you are talking about.

For the upteenth million time, you are so out in left field it is crazy. Who on the NSU board or here is belittling any other team for their failures? You think because TWO PEOPLE use the term "McOne and Done"(which I have NEVER used) that THAT is belittling another team for their failures...but yet at the same time McNeese posters get to have free reign to refer to us as "Shemons" and have been doing it for like 4 years????xrolleyesx Tick for Tat is what that is...

I've tried to reason with you but it does no good. We get along just fine with McPosters who come to the NSU board...until someone shows up with no credibility and shows their butt by trying to say that "we're all wrong, and I'm right" and then gets mad and leaves and proceeds to have a vendetta. That is where your whole problem lies. You have this hatred towards NSU and anyone associated because two people were rude to you on the NSU board and criticized your spelling and grammar...and so because of that the rest of us are guilty by association. xnonono2x

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I coined the phrase "Shemons" in reference to Northwestern State (La.) State University back in 2003. That now ubiquitous nickname is now 6 years old.

As you can imagine, I'm a very proud Papa ;) Even Northwestern fans use it now....

FormerPokeCenter
November 5th, 2009, 05:27 PM

You're doing well this year, but lets' not get too carried away....When you've complained about events that happened in your past losses, it was when you were otherwise abyssmally bad with no reasonable expectation that you would have won otherwise and it's not like you had any other objective evidence to suggest that the issues you were complaining about were anything other than you getting your collective asses handed to you. That IS whining.

When McNeese, which isn't abyssmal, complains about self-inflicted mistakes, it's not whining, it's simply observational common sense. If this year's McTeam plays this year's SFA squad 10 times in a row, with both teams playing to their fullest potential, I think McNeese wins that match up 8 our of ten times...

You may see it differently and that's okay. You're entitled to your opinion, however wrong it may be ;)

I realize that finally having a winning record is a somewhat strange and giddy experience for you guys, but it would be nice to see you guys win consistently before you start smacking like you own the place, but that's just me..

I

McNeese72
November 5th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Can I help it if I read & think about what I post before I post them? Strange concept I know.

Some of us have jobs that keep us pretty busy and we sometimes have to write a post and submit it quickly without having a chance to proof read it.

I still say you guys are going to have your hands full against SLU. If they don't make the mistakes we and UCA did, you guys are going to be in trouble.

Doc

JohnStOnge
November 5th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I watched the SELA replay show this afternoon. I don't want to start a QB controversy, but I have to wonder why the guy they've had as backup hasn't been starting all year. He's very athletic. Fast. And he looked good throwing the ball. Of course I just saw the highlights but the stat sheet says he was 23 of 35 (66%) for 297 yards with 3 TDs and 0 interceptions. Frankly I'm glad they didn't go ahead and pull the starter due to injury against McNeese because the backup looks very hard to handle. He looks to be a very serious dual threat. I don't know what his 40 time is but he looks to me like he can take it the distance running the ball and that makes it tough.

Just looked at his high school running stats and it's amazing to me that he didn't do a lot better than he did as athletic as he looks. Less than 2 yards per carry. But, MAN, he looked good in those highlights vs. Central Arkansas. I mean, he looked fast.

JohnStOnge
November 5th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by SFA 71
When we complained about events that occurred in our losses in the past it was called whining. What do you call this.

Whining. But, for me, it's whining more about what the team I pull for did than anything else. When you're pulling for a team and you see them get 24 first downs to the opponent's 13 and 427 yards to the opponents 270 but lose it's very frustrating; especially the penalties. Like I remember one sequence that went something like this:

McNeese is driving. They score on a run of about 25 yards. It gets called back for holding. On the very next play they hit a pass and get all the penalty yards back plus 9 so it'll be second and 1 at about the opponent's 15. Then they get called for a DEAD BALL personal foul AFTER the play. Next play they hit another pass down to about the opponent's 5. But IT gets called back TOO for another penalty. Regardless of who your team is playing you don't like to see that and you're going to come away from a game like that thinking there is no WAY the team you were pulling for shouldn't have beaten that opponent. It is, in your eyes, an underachievement. If you just get physically beaten it's not pleasant but it's a lot easier to swallow than something like that.

Looking at the stats of the SFA / Texas State game I'd bet there are some SFA fans having similar feelings. The stats weren't lopsided in SFA's favor vs. Texas State as they were in McNeese's favor vs. SFA but it does look like SFA kind of took itself out of the game with turnovers and penalties.

sharkeycox
November 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM

I have thought about this alot......it seems strange that SFA is above 500. I also think they will get their tushes whipped by SELA at SRWABERRY Stadium.xbawlingx

SFA 71
November 5th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I have thought about this alot......it seems strange that SFA is above 500. I also think they will get their tushes whipped by SELA at SRWABERRY Stadium.xbawlingx

Well if they do, they do. But they still beat McNeese at Homer Brice this year & all your carping isn't going to change that fact. Hell, they might never beat you again, but they did beat you this year & you just can't stand that fact.
Also, it's a lot not alot. What did you learn at your university. Apparently it wasn't to look for a little red line that will appear under a misspelled word. How hard is that champ?:p

McNeese72
November 5th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Well if they do, they do. But they still beat McNeese at Homer Brice this year & all your carping isn't going to change that fact. Hell, they might never beat you again, but they did beat you this year & you just can't stand that fact.
Also, it's a lot not alot. What did you learn at your university. Apparently it wasn't to look for a little red line that will appear under a misspelled word. How hard is that champ?:p

Geeze, U spelz goot. U must be intellectuolly superier too us other SLC fans.

Doc

JTCowboy
November 5th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Grammar police empowerment. Must be a hangover from all those losing seasons.xlolx Does something so juvenile make you feel puffed up?

txst80
November 5th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Calm down with the grammar buddy. Who cares.

I'm sure the library was more fun than the stadium over the past few years at SFA.

BEAR
November 5th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Having a great season usually consists of winning those games you should and winning a game or two that you shouldn't have. I don't have much of a problem with that. Heck, a couple of years ago Nicholls came to Conway and tied us 42-42 and in overtime we scored then their QB got hurt so they replaced him with a back-up and he fumbled the pitch and our defense recovered it. Nicholls was on the short end of that stick and it was a game that maybe we should not have won but did. SFA has played great AND have gotten a few things go their way this year. The playoffs will filter out the teams that have gotten a few bounces their way from those teams that play well consistently and should be there. Honestly, which of the four one loss teams would represent the conference well in the playoffs anyway? There is pluses and minuses for them all. xthumbsupx

McNeese75
November 5th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Having a great season usually consists of winning those games you should and winning a game or two that you shouldn't have. I don't have much of a problem with that. Heck, a couple of years ago Nicholls came to Conway and tied us 42-42 and in overtime we scored then their QB got hurt so they replaced him with a back-up and he fumbled the pitch and our defense recovered it. Nicholls was on the short end of that stick and it was a game that maybe we should not have won but did. SFA has played great AND have gotten a few things go their way this year. The playoffs will filter out the teams that have gotten a few bounces their way from those teams that play well consistently and should be there. Honestly, which of the four one loss teams would represent the conference well in the playoffs anyway? There is pluses and minuses for them all. xthumbsupx

Minuses xconfusedx We aint got no stinkin minuses xlolx xpeacex

BEAR
November 5th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Minuses xconfusedx We aint got no stinkin minuses xlolx xpeacex

That's stinking minuses. xrulesxxlolx

SFA 71
November 6th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Geeze, U spelz goot. U must be intellectuolly superier too us other SLC fans.

Doc

Well, now that you mention it........
Of course in this case it doesn't take too much.:o

sharkeycox
November 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM
TT's Predictions

Southeastern La @ Northwestern State - The Demons have played the games close the last two weeks. SLU is looking to make a run of something and considering their success without some big time players and the Demons are ripe for the picking. SOUTHEASTERN LA

Lions cast out the Shemons
Colonels bomb Flapjacks
Bears maul Bobcats
Cowboys gun down the Kats

sharkeycox
November 6th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Well, now that you mention it........
Of course in this case it doesn't take too much.:o

You must have ALOT of friendsxlolx

AxeEm
November 6th, 2009, 02:49 PM
SFA beat the two best teams in the conference if we go off rankings. The Mcneese fans are generally upset when and if they lose but that is program pride, and I understand. What I don't understand is when you said SFA was pushign after the whistle, thats bull. Also the if and buts make you look dumb because really if you think about it if your aunt had balls she would be your uncle. Let me tell you what your coaches know that you fans don't every team except Texas State ran a different defense than they have run all year against us. Mcneese manned up and we had you beat about 4 other times but our QB made bad throws. UCA really you recovered an onside kick and threw a post between cover 2 to score. We out hit you and were more physical than both teams. Nobody has hit you in the mouth all season and we did. I hope you don't pick us in your pickem contest every week because 2 of the weeks we proved you wrong. Do you honestly think we are gonna back down, and if you want to be honest we should have beat both of you last year. Shoulds don't win games either do stats all that matters is the final score.

BEAR
November 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
The final standings last year had Texas State as the conference champions, but not the best record.....it does matter what happens on the field...not just the stats. xlolx

Saturday is going to be a blast in Conway...no matter what happens. xnodxxlolx

txst80
November 6th, 2009, 05:51 PM
The final standings last year had Texas State as the conference champions, but not the best record.....it does matter what happens on the field...not just the stats. xlolx

Saturday is going to be a blast in Conway...no matter what happens. xnodxxlolx

I wish I could make it up there. I lived in Russellville when I was in 6th and 7th grade. Haven't been in the area since. Good luck.

McNeese75
November 6th, 2009, 06:06 PM
SFA beat the two best teams in the conference if we go off rankings. The Mcneese fans are generally upset when and if they lose but that is program pride, and I understand. What I don't understand is when you said SFA was pushign after the whistle, thats bull. Also the if and buts make you look dumb because really if you think about it if your aunt had balls she would be your uncle. Let me tell you what your coaches know that you fans don't every team except Texas State ran a different defense than they have run all year against us. Mcneese manned up and we had you beat about 4 other times but our QB made bad throws. UCA really you recovered an onside kick and threw a post between cover 2 to score. We out hit you and were more physical than both teams. Nobody has hit you in the mouth all season and we did. I hope you don't pick us in your pickem contest every week because 2 of the weeks we proved you wrong. Do you honestly think we are gonna back down, and if you want to be honest we should have beat both of you last year. Shoulds don't win games either do stats all that matters is the final score.

xlolx What started out to be a somewhat good 1st post quickly lost its credibility.

You opinion about the being more physical than McNeese is laughable. Yep, you hit us in the mouth so hard it resulted in SFA having about 150 to 200 yards less in offense than we had. We will match those "4" other times you claim you should have scored with at least that many of our own. You are right about your QB making bad throws because it became pretty obvious most of his yardage comes on throwing jump balls to receivers not accurate throws. Of course that will work a lot of the time but one of your TD's came because the the DB slipped and fell and had nothing to do with your receiver or the throw being anything special.

SFA got the W's and that is all that matters but it is probably all irrelevent as the Bobcat, Bear and Cowboy fans that have seen SELU play figure the Jacks will probably get their azz handed to them in Hammond next week anyway xnodx

By the way, you better hope Yarborough and Lanaux are still out hurt because they are considerably better than the Jack receivers I saw. xnodx

McNeese72
November 6th, 2009, 06:18 PM
. What I don't understand is when you said SFA was pushign after the whistle, thats bull.

Nope, it's not bull. I was on the sideline taking pictures and I saw a lot of that up close. For example, I saw one play where a McNeese WR was blocking on a SFA DB downfield. Right after the play was whistled dead, the SFA player, right in front of the side judge (and me behind him), shoved the McNeese player in the chest. So, the McNeese played did the exact same shove back and the side judge threw the flag. Of course, it was a personal foul call on us. That was only one example and I saw plenty of others. They were trying to get the McNeese players to lose their cool and it worked a few times. It was very apparent on the sideline.

Doc

AxeEm
November 6th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Well good luck with your picture taking we are not scared of anyone promise you that. I am sure your right because you saw it. I am just saying we didn't let you just push around and I know thats a changefrom recent years. SFA has not always been bad, and we have worked hard to get to the spot we are now. Our QB throwing just jump balls makes you look not only dumb but I am sure it has to do with your lack of football saavy. Lets hope three teams make it out of the SLC and we represent the conference well. No reason to hope we lose because you got beat by us. I hope Mcneese, UCA, and Texas State win every game except when they play us. Good luck and Be Safe.

SFA 71
November 6th, 2009, 07:23 PM
You can talk until you're blue and yellow in the face but you still lost.
I'm sure the Refs in LA land don't ever give the Cowboys a break, so shame on us for taking what is given to us.

Sure you had more yards than we did but you also had the ball 14 minutes & 52 seconds longer than we did (37.28 - 22.32). You won the statistical battle but... wait for it.... YOU LOST. Hard to believe but you did.

I'm curious Mr Sideline Photog, how did SFA get their last 2 points? Must have been some penalty on our part to get a safety! Pushing probably.

Me: :o

McNeese fans: xconfusedxxbawlingxxdeadhorsex

FormerPokeCenter
November 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM
You can talk until you're blue and yellow in the face but you still lost.
I'm sure the Refs in LA land don't ever give the Cowboys a break, so shame on us for taking what is given to us.

Sure you had more yards than we did but you also had the ball 14 minutes & 52 seconds longer than we did (37.28 - 22.32). You won the statistical battle but... wait for it.... YOU LOST. Hard to believe but you did.

I'm curious Mr Sideline Photog, how did SFA get their last 2 points? Must have been some penalty on our part to get a safety! Pushing probably.

Me: :o

McNeese fans: xconfusedxxbawlingxxdeadhorsex

Nah, it's not hard to believe we lost. We played like shyte. If you do that, you lose. If anybody should know what it's like to lose that way, it's SFA...

In all actuality, I hope you guys make the playoffs....Maybe you'll win a playoff game....that you don't have to forfeit later ;)

BEAR
November 6th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I wish I could make it up there. I lived in Russellville when I was in 6th and 7th grade. Haven't been in the area since. Good luck.

Oh..so you know the UCA v. Arkansas Tech rivalry..the I-40 rivalry.

I'm just ready for a good game. I think most will find that UCA fans love to win, but have a good sense of balance when they don't. Sucks to lose, but they will play again! xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
November 6th, 2009, 08:28 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]You can talk until you're blue and yellow in the face but you still lost.

Yeah that's the truth, but the statement by your fellow Lumberjack about SFA being more physical than McNeese in that game is pretty ridiculous. 40-something yards rushing, 270 total yards, and 13 first downs. More physical with that whopping 40 yards rushing. Right.

I don't blame the refs for what happened at all. I "blame" McNeese's players for committing the penalties. They'd hurt themselves a lot with penalties in the Tulane game the previous week as well. That's what makes it so frustrating. If you're pulling for a team you don't like to see them pile up those self inflicted wounds when they're pretty winning the physical battle and end up losing the game as a result.

SFA 71
November 6th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah that's the truth, but the statement by your fellow Lumberjack about SFA being more physical than McNeese in that game is pretty ridiculous. 40-something yards rushing, 270 total yards, and 13 first downs. More physical with that whopping 40 yards rushing. Right.

I don't blame the refs for what happened at all. I "blame" McNeese's players for committing the penalties. They'd hurt themselves a lot with penalties in the Tulane game the previous week as well. That's what makes it so frustrating. If you're pulling for a team you don't like to see them pile up those self inflicted wounds when they're pretty winning the physical battle and end up losing the game as a result.

OK xthumbsupx Finally a voice of sanity.xbowx

:o

McNeese75
November 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Well good luck with your picture taking we are not scared of anyone promise you that. I am sure your right because you saw it. I am just saying we didn't let you just push around and I know thats a changefrom recent years. SFA has not always been bad, and we have worked hard to get to the spot we are now. Our QB throwing just jump balls makes you look not only dumb but I am sure it has to do with your lack of football saavy. Lets hope three teams make it out of the SLC and we represent the conference well. No reason to hope we lose because you got beat by us. I hope Mcneese, UCA, and Texas State win every game except when they play us. Good luck and Be Safe.

xrolleyesx The only reason for that is so McNeese has a chance for the AQ spot. If you make the playoffs we will be pulling for the Jacks. But what would be know as we obviously don't have any football saavy xcoffeex

SFA 71
November 7th, 2009, 08:50 AM
xrolleyesx The only reason for that is so McNeese has a chance for the AQ spot. If you make the playoffs we will be pulling for the Jacks. But what would be know as we obviously don't have any football saavy xcoffeex

Obviously.xrolleyesx

katstrapper
November 7th, 2009, 10:31 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolx Sad, but true.xnodx

AxeEm
November 7th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I said you didn't have football saavy not your school. Listen please like I said before good luck today.

McNeese75
November 7th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I said you didn't have football saavy not your school. Listen please like I said before good luck today.

I am not worried about my saavy, xlolx And good luck to you as well today.

McNeese75
November 7th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Obviously.xrolleyesx

xazzx

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2009, 06:25 AM
3-1 week...

TT's Predictions
2009 Record: 37-15 (13-7 SLC)
Total: 123-51 (46-29 SLC)