PDA

View Full Version : UAlbany vs. CCSU Game Thread

GD84
October 31st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Potential NEC Champion comes out of this

UA scores on first drive, but bad snap gives UA only a 6-0 lead.

GD84
October 31st, 2009, 11:16 AM
1 play...ccsu scores...7-6

GD84
October 31st, 2009, 11:53 AM
16-14 UA with around 4 minutes to go in the 2nd...big plays helping CCSU. Good field position to start drives helping UA.

GD84
October 31st, 2009, 12:01 PM
McCarty runs it in after a turnover on the kickoff...23-14 UA

Dane96
October 31st, 2009, 01:58 PM
Congrats CCSU-- you guys wanted it more and were the better team today. The rivalry continiues...

Good luck the rest of the way and make us proud in the GIC (that's if you dont trip up...and I dont think you will).

Mallory was fantastic.

Original_RMC
October 31st, 2009, 02:02 PM
seems that it was a great game to the end..congrats CCSU

Dane96
October 31st, 2009, 02:05 PM
Whomever called the "special teams" play in our picks this week is a genius.

Bad snap makes us have to go for two later in the game...

and our normally great kicker misses a chippy of all chippy's. UNREAL. Terrible call to end the game (negligble push off...that you cannot make that call at that time when it is 50-50 battling).

But CCSU dominated our d-line...so no taking away from them- they earned this game!

UAalum72
October 31st, 2009, 02:05 PM
Last year Albany won by breaking up a 2-pt conversion with 55 secs. left; this year Albany was called for offensive interference while catching what would have been the game-tying 2-pt conversion in the last minute.

Original_RMC
October 31st, 2009, 02:08 PM
Albany @ CCSU
Game of the Year:
The big question obviously is whether the rushing attack combo of Gannon & Smith is enough to carry Albany to victory?
I believe that Albany is going to use that 1-2 punch to their advantage and control the game in the 1st half. I think Albany will have a small lead at halftime something like 14-10.
CCSU has outscored their Opponents in the 2nd half 111-40. I think a late turnover or special teams play will be the difference in this game. I think Albany's win streak and hold on the NEC ends on Saturday
CCSU 31-24

Thank You

Seahawks Fan
October 31st, 2009, 03:05 PM
Congrats CCSU. We'll see you next week on Grymes Hill. xthumbsupx

Seawolf97
October 31st, 2009, 04:57 PM
Congratulations to CCSU ! Since SBU is a graduate of the NEC wanted to let let you know we knocked off GWU today 24-14 and remain tied with Liberty as undefeated in conference play. Next week the Seawolves are home against BYE ST. Huge game 11/21 when Liberty visits Long Island . But have to get past Charleston Southern on 11/14 . Congrats again and GOOD LUCK to everyonexthumbsupx

UAalum72
October 31st, 2009, 06:26 PM
Congratulations to CCSU ! Since SBU is a graduate of the NEC ...
I think we'd say an NEC dropoutxrolleyesx

downbythebeach
October 31st, 2009, 06:52 PM
we need sbu back

Seawolf97
October 31st, 2009, 08:14 PM
I think we'd say an NEC dropoutxrolleyesx

Whatever xlolx

aceinthehole
November 1st, 2009, 12:09 AM
Last year Albany won by breaking up a 2-pt conversion with 55 secs. left; this year Albany was called for offensive interference while catching what would have been the game-tying 2-pt conversion in the last minute.

Another classic. Congrats to CCSU and our seniors! Those guys were 0-3 vs Albany heading into the game. The 2-point heartbreaker loss last year, and the smackdown UA put on CCSU last time they were in CT were tough pills to swallow.

Aubrey Norris did great at QB, desipte his huge RZ fumble. He was QB for our last win vs. UA. And yes, Mallory is in the same class with McCarthy and Sinisi. He should make an NFL camp next year - he also excels on special teams.

Vinny was great at QB today. He owned CCSU in the first half. ALbany also was solid running behind McCarty and the team. Bob Ford is a coach that Coach Mac highly respects. UA is still the class of the NEC, but I think CCSU has now established itself as a team that can win the big games and deserves some respect outside of the league as well.

Read that the crowd was great! Any UA fans make the game? I said the winner of this game deserved to be ranked, and I stand by that. Central still has business to take care of (starting at Wagner), but this team has the opportunity to match what Albany did the last 2 years. At a minimum, our goal is the NEC title outright and a game vs the PFL champ in the GIC. Anything more is gravy.

Dane96
November 1st, 2009, 01:38 AM
Vinny had a good first half...but I dont think he played great. He made the same mistakes he has been making for years.

CCSU will definitely be in my To 25!

downbythebeach
November 1st, 2009, 06:25 AM
they should be in everybodys top 25.....but i forgot to sign up to vote this year