PDA

View Full Version : McNeese State Pics

JohnStOnge
October 27th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Below is from "Doc's Shots" at GeauxCowboys.com. Game was Northwestern State at McNeese State. BTW, the back in the picture is someone you may be hearing about in the future. He's redshirt freshman Champlain Babin and if he stays healthy as well as eligible he could be headed for great things.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/nsu09g26run1.jpg

DG Cowboy
October 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Is he a weak student?

Prominentwon
October 28th, 2009, 11:08 AM
What kind of question is that? If he were a weak student, he wouldn't be logging the minutes he is now. He's obviously passed a Sr. with quite a bit of experience so the talent level is there. He propped the first year, did his work, and is the heir apparent to Todd Pendland.

MplsBison
October 28th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Russell uniforms = garbage.

Jeez, why not New Balance while you're at it? *barf*

McNeese72
October 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM
This true freshman, Javaris Murray, is not bad either. Faster than both Pendland and Babin.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/slu09g25run1.jpg

And he was an honor student in high school.

Doc

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
What kind of question is that? If he were a weak student, he wouldn't be logging the minutes he is now. He's obviously passed a Sr. with quite a bit of experience so the talent level is there. He propped the first year, did his work, and is the heir apparent to Todd Pendland.

Why would be not be logging minutes due to his classroom performance (unless he was ineligible)?

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2009, 12:31 PM
So where are those Cowboy cheerleaders?xconfusedxxeyebrowx

:p

Buzzcut
October 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM

How about those Wilson uniforms that Central Arkansas wears? Now that's garbage!

MplsBison
October 28th, 2009, 01:01 PM
How about those Wilson uniforms that Central Arkansas wears? Now that's garbage!

Agreed!

NDSU and Montana State used to have Wilson uniforms back in 2005. In fact, the NDSU/MSU game in Bozeman back in 05 was featured on cover of the Wilson uniform catalog. xoopsx

Hopefully Wilson has sold, spun-off or closed their uniform division.

Buzzcut
October 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Agreed!

NDSU and Montana State used to have Wilson uniforms back in 2005. In fact, the NDSU/MSU game in Bozeman back in 05 was featured on cover of the Wilson uniform catalog. xoopsx

Hopefully Wilson has sold, spun-off or closed their uniform division.

Nope - their products catalog still carries them. You'll find a big picture of a Central Arkansas player sporting the "W" on his purple uni. Come on Bears, you can do better than that!

DG Cowboy
October 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM

Exactly what it says. Read JohnStOnge's thread starter where he says if he stays healthy as well as eligible. So I asked the question, is he a weak student?

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Exactly what it says. Read JohnStOnge's thread starter where he says if he stays healthy as well as eligible. So I asked the question, is he a weak student?

John says he was a prop 48 player. That is a special program to bring athletes into school who dont meet certain academic requirements. He didnt meet the normal standards coming out of high school, but it look like he has been doing what he needs to do thus far at McNeese.

DG Cowboy
October 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
John says he was a prop 48 player. That is a special program to bring athletes into school who dont meet certain academic requirements. He didnt meet the normal standards coming out of high school, but it look like he has been doing what he needs to do thus far at McNeese.

That's all the answer I needed to my question. Hope he has it going in the classroom, because he is certainly talented and I would like to see 3 more years of his being out on the field.

MSU_77
October 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM

Here y'go. At App State.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2578/3918205676_e3e161b891.jpg

McNeese75
October 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM

xrolleyesx xlolx Those garbage uniforms would blow right through your anemic Bison this year xnodx

Besides, Russell is all we could swing after we put in the new field turf you love so much. :D

McNeese75
October 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
That's all the answer I needed to my question. Hope he has it going in the classroom, because he is certainly talented and I would like to see 3 more years of his being out on the field.

My understanding is the young man is doing just fine in the classroom.

msusig
October 28th, 2009, 03:09 PM

we NEED a thread dedicated to just cheerleader pics.

txst80
October 28th, 2009, 04:41 PM
It seems most Southland schools wear Russell. Pretty sure Sam and SFA do as well. I think Texas Southern and Prairie View also wear Russell. I think Texas State is the only non-Russell wearing Texas FCS school. I have to agree they are pretty ugly but I think the Mcneese versions are better than the others I listed. Aside from the COWBOYS across the back, that is truly hideous.

MplsBison
October 28th, 2009, 05:12 PM
It seems most Southland schools wear Russell. Pretty sure Sam and SFA do as well. I think Texas Southern and Prairie View also wear Russell. I think Texas State is the only non-Russell wearing Texas FCS school. I have to agree they are pretty ugly but I think the Mcneese versions are better than the others I listed. Aside from the COWBOYS across the back, that is truly hideous.

The Russell uniforms themselves are probably just as good as Nike or any other company.

And the uniform brand has nothing to do with how good the team is.

It's simply a "perception of quality" thing. Like driving a Lexus vs driving a KIA.

Recruits see top of the line, new facilities, Nike uniforms, etc. and they know a program has the financial commitment it takes to win.

theasushow
October 28th, 2009, 05:48 PM
does it have the players names on the back???? i know in the past i have seen pictures of mcneese uniforms that say "cowboys" and "mcneese" on the back where the last name usually is.

McNeese72
October 28th, 2009, 05:54 PM
does it have the players names on the back???? i know in the past i have seen pictures of mcneese uniforms that say "cowboys" and "mcneese" on the back where the last name usually is.

Okay, one more time. The "McNeese" on back of the away jerseys and the "Cowboys' on back of the home jerseys is a McNeese tradition. It goes back to Head Coach Jack Doland back in the early 70's. When he came in, he took the players names off the jerseys and told them that they were going to play as a group of infividuals but as a team. It has been that way except for the failed Sonny Jackson years in the late 80's when he put the names back on. When he got fired Bobby Keasler came in and we went back to the tradition of not having the players names on the back of the jerseys.

Doc

JohnStOnge
October 28th, 2009, 07:56 PM

I always say that about any player. I won't name names but there are players McNeese brought in who were academically eligible to start but aren't now. And there are players who were brought in who were not academically eligible to start who are now.

msusig
October 28th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Okay, one more time. The "McNeese" on back of the away jerseys and the "Cowboys' on back of the home jerseys is a McNeese tradition. It goes back to Head Coach Jack Doland back in the early 70's. When he came in, he took the players names off the jerseys and told them that they were going to play as a group of infividuals but as a team. It has been that way except for the failed Sonny Jackson years in the late 80's when he put the names back on. When he got fired Bobby Keasler came in and we went back to the tradition of not having the players names on the back of the jerseys.

Doc

I seem to remember a while back, there was a thread debating about the names on the back of the jerseys. I was for putting the names of the players on the back of the jerseys because it is easier to know who is who and also I think it looks cheap to not have the player's names on their backs, like we couldn't afford to put them on the jerseys. Not putting the names on their backs doesn't make them more of a team. It is the coaches job to mold the players into a team.

McNeese75
October 28th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I seem to remember a while back, there was a thread debating about the names on the back of the jerseys. I was for putting the names of the players on the back of the jerseys because it is easier to know who is who and also I think it looks cheap to not have the player's names on their backs, like we couldn't afford to put them on the jerseys. Not putting the names on their backs doesn't make them more of a team. It is the coaches job to mold the players into a team.

xrolleyesx If you really follow the team closely through the spring and August workouts and go to every game the names are completely irrelevant. It is much easier to recognize a player by his number (it is larger) than a name. Your opinion regarding the "cheap look" is noted but mine in exactly opposite. If the coach tells his team it is all about teamwork and that is the purpose for the jersey design then he is moulding the players into a team. This is a tradition and I hope we always have it.

Most other schools (and coaches) hate hearing Jolie Blon but I bet (and certainly hope) you are not interested in getting rid of that are you?? :)

joeymac007
October 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
xrolleyesx

Most other schools (and coaches) hate hearing Jolie Blon but I bet (and certainly hope) you are not interested in getting rid of that are you?? :)

I surely hope no one in their right mind would get rid of it, however, I have recently found out that the new band director is the reason we do not have the cannon anymore for home games. And I also heard that he wanted to get rid of Jolie Blon when he came, but he administration told him NO. As a former McNeese Band member, I find the idea of that happening completely absurd.

McNeese75
October 28th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I surely hope no one in their right mind would get rid of it, however, I have recently found out that the new band director is the reason we do not have the cannon anymore for home games. And I also heard that he wanted to get rid of Jolie Blon when he came, but he administration told him NO. As a former McNeese Band member, I find the idea of that happening completely absurd.

Yep, he got the cannon (so far anyway) but hummmm if he keeps trying to mess with Jolie Blon I see a new mode of transportion in his future xnodx

http://montanawithkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Run-Out-Of-Town-On-A-Rail.jpg

McNeese72
October 28th, 2009, 10:17 PM

If you don't know who the players are by now by their numbers, buy a program. They are only $2.

Doc