PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating has already started for the 68th Magic City Classic

SU Jag
October 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Looks like fans have already made their way into Birmingham's Legion Feild for the 68th Magic City Classic between Alabama State and Alabama A&Mxeekx cHECK OUT THE PICS!http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/10/magic_city_classic_fever_sprea.html

ASU33
October 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Leaving the ATL early tommorow morning with my father and uncle in the RV to get our spot!xthumbsupx This is the year, I can feel itxnodx I think this is the biggest FCS event now.

SU Jag
October 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Leaving the ATL early tommorow morning with my father and uncle in the RV to get our spot!xthumbsupx This is the year, I can feel itxnodx I think this is the biggest FCS event now.

I'll be there Thurday just in time for the R.Kelly concert! My folks are taking the RVs out tommorow morning also! Birmingham is gonna be so congested with Taladega this weekend too!

EmeryZach
October 27th, 2009, 07:33 PM
You guys are awesome!! haha. Save up those vacation days.

SU Jag
October 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
You guys are awesome!! haha. Save up those vacation days.

This weekend and Bayou Classic weekend is like an unofficial family reunion for my family. I'll have family from Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and North Carolina all headed to B'ham this weekend. Most of my family are AAMU grads, and I have a younger cousin who is a freshman defensive back for Bama State.

R.A.
October 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Man, this looks huge. So, can I see it on TV?

ASU33
October 27th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Man, this looks huge. So, can I see it on TV?

ESPN U! The Magic City Classic is the most underated FCS rilvary in the country. Most people know the Bayou Classic but I would argue that this is "the game" in FCS. I remember the 1998 classic when AAMU was up 28-0 goin into the 4th quarter and the entire west side of Legion Feild(AAMUs side of the stadium) going crazy. They were excited because most of the early 90s Bama State dominated because AAMU was D-2(SIAC) but 98 was AAMUs 2nd season in the SWAC and Bama State was having a down year. Well Bama State scored 28 pioints in the 4th quarter to push the game to OT, and the won it 34-28. I can remember seeing AAMU fans crying in the stands, I knew then that this is more than just another game. Tailgating is huge at the classic but that year the entire west side of the parking lot cleared out, AAMU fans were that pissed! I turned on the tv early that sunday morning and it was on the local Birmingham news that AAMUs coach had been fired!xeekx This is a game that you simply cant lose, at either school. We have lost 6 of the last 8 to AAMU including 4 straight, it has been painful but close. All the games have been decided by 6 points or less.

WestCoastAggie
October 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Y'all should send some game tickets over to the AGS Admins!

SU Jag
October 27th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Y'all should send some game tickets over to the AGS Admins!

Those game tickets are 35 dollars a pop, maybe we can get some 25 endzone seats for the adminsxlolx

SU Jag
October 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM
This game is a must win for aamu if they want to win the east, and make it back to birmingham for the swac championship game. Its a must win for asu because they need something to go their way and coach barlow's job is on the line.

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 27th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Thats whats up. xthumbsupx

jstate83
October 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Ya'll think this year's MCC attendance will top last year's 68,593?

jstate83
October 28th, 2009, 09:38 AM
This game is a must win for aamu if they want to win the east, and make it back to birmingham for the swac championship game. Its a must win for asu because they need something to go their way and coach barlow's job is on the line.

We got both teams back to back starting with Bamma State for Homecomming next weekend.

SU Jag
October 28th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Ya'll think this year's MCC attendance will top last year's 68,593?

Yes. And here is why. Last year the game expected to be a blow out because Bama State was so dang bad, but this year Bama State has really come along the past few weeks and AAMU has dropped off. Many Bama State people feel that this is the year that they finally end the streak. 2nd. The wheather will be in the mid-70s on Saturday!

SU Jag
October 28th, 2009, 04:53 PM
We got both teams back to back starting with Bamma State for Homecomming next weekend.

So basically yall need Bama State to beat AAMU and yall need to beat both to get to Birmingham, right?xconfusedx

mrklean
October 28th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Yell all of my bruhs I said YO!!

SU Jag
October 28th, 2009, 06:28 PM

xnonono2xxnonono2x 00000000000000000000000000000000000066666666666666 66666666666!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASU33
October 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM

BZ Nupes Checking In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yo Baby, Yo Baby, Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xnodx

ASU33
October 28th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Yes. And here is why. Last year the game expected to be a blow out because Bama State was so dang bad, but this year Bama State has really come along the past few weeks and AAMU has dropped off. Many Bama State people feel that this is the year that they finally end the streak. 2nd. The wheather will be in the mid-70s on Saturday!

We've never felt like we couldnt beat AAMU. This is the best run that they've had in the series and every game has come down the the 4th quarter. 17-16(08), 13-9(07), 24-21(06), 24-19(05), its not like they have just been beating the hell out of us. We go into this game every year expecting to win.(except last year when most people expected a blowout).

SU Jag
October 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM
The only time of year that Legion Feild is full!

jstate83
October 29th, 2009, 08:51 AM
So basically yall need Bama State to beat AAMU and yall need to beat both to get to Birmingham, right?xconfusedx

This is the way it stands as of 10/28/2009.
If JSU win our last 3 games against bamma St, Bamma A@m, and Alcorn, we are in B-Ham.
If Alcorn win their last 3 games, they are in because they have already beaten A@M.

If JSU and Alcorn win their next 2 games, you better buy a ticket to the Capitol City Classic, (SOUL BOWL), on November 21st. xlolx
Memorial won't have enough seat's if that game sends the winner to B-Ham.xlolx

SU Jag
October 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM
This is the way it stands as of 10/28/2009.
If JSU win our last 3 games against bamma St, Bamma A@m, and Alcorn, we are in B-Ham.
If Alcorn win their last 3 games, they are in because they have already beaten A@M.

If JSU and Alcorn win their next 2 games, you better buy a ticket to the Capitol City Classic, (SOUL BOWL), on November 21st. xlolx
Memorial won't have enough seat's if that game sends the winner to B-Ham.xlolx

If this happens I'm making a late november trip to jackson!

SU Jag
October 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Jag man and family are now in Birmingham!xnodx

mrklean
October 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
BZ Nupes Checking In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yo Baby, Yo Baby, Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xnodx

YO NUPE!!

ALSO tell all the Squares I said "Travel Light"xthumbsupx

SU Jag
October 29th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Man this city is jumping already! I went down to the stadium to tailgate with my folks earlier and at 5 on a thursday the tailgate was as packed as 90 persent of most fcs tailgates on game day. The stadium's parking lot is full already and there will be tons more of rvs and tents on the way tommorow. The church at the far end of the parking lot have even opened up their lot for tailgaters. I would encourage any fcs fan to attend this event, soon!

mikebigg
October 29th, 2009, 10:50 PM
ESPN U! The Magic City Classic is the most underated FCS rivalry in the country. Most people know the Bayou Classic but I would argue that this is "the game" in FCS. I remember the 1998 classic when AAMU was up 28-0 goin into the 4th quarter and the entire west side of Legion Feild(AAMUs side of the stadium) going crazy. They were excited because most of the early 90s Bama State dominated because AAMU was D-2(SIAC) but 98 was AAMUs 2nd season in the SWAC and Bama State was having a down year. Well Bama State scored 28 pioints in the 4th quarter to push the game to OT, and the won it 34-28. I can remember seeing AAMU fans crying in the stands, I knew then that this is more than just another game. Tailgating is huge at the classic but that year the entire west side of the parking lot cleared out, AAMU fans were that pissed! I turned on the tv early that sunday morning and it was on the local Birmingham news that AAMUs coach had been fired!xeekx This is a game that you simply cant lose, at either school. We have lost 6 of the last 8 to AAMU including 4 straight, it has been painful but close. All the games have been decided by 6 points or less.

Very underrated... Good games and fan friendly tailgating and gathering of yall Bamians (and other fans as well). Kudos!!!xthumbsupx

SU Jag
October 29th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Very underrated... Good games and fan friendly tailgating and gathering of yall Bamians (and other fans as well). Kudos!!!xthumbsupx

Hey mike with so many players on gsu's roster being from right here in birmingham, I wasn't suprised to run into a few grambling fans already. Birmingham is pretty much the hub of the swac, I know a few years ago every swac football team( except prairie view, and texas southern) had at leat one kid on their roster from the birmingham metro area.

mrklean
October 30th, 2009, 08:44 AM
MAn, I heard that this place is packed. Better not let Rush Limbaugh know that there are a bunch of Black people all in one place.......................lol

SU Jag
October 30th, 2009, 12:45 PM
MAn, I heard that this place is packed. Better not let Rush Limbaugh know that there are a bunch of Black people all in one place.......................lol

We should invite him down!

mrklean
October 30th, 2009, 01:26 PM
We should invite him down!

yeah right!!xthumbsupx

SU Jag
October 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Its like a national holiday down here. Traffic from hoover down through the legion field area. Bama state and aamu flags everywhere. This is truley a special event for the city of birmingham.