PDA

View Full Version : Coach Moore's wife - App State

Eaglegus2
October 27th, 2009, 10:43 AM
This may be the wrong forum but I wanted everyone know about Coach Moore's wifes' kindness.

Hudson Presume was injured in the ASU/GSU game. It looked like he may have had a spinal injury. His parents were not at the game. Mrs. Moore went to the hospital to be with Huson. A lot of us (GSU fans) want to acknowledge the kindness displayed by this fine lady.

I want someone from ASU that knows her to tell her thank you from The EagleNation. We really appreciate her kindness.

I though that all of the FCS should know just what kind of class act that Coach Moore & his wife are. Also, thanks to the Mountaineers. I noticed that they gathered together to pray for Huson's well-being.

Finally, I still don't like the Mountaineers but I respect the hell out of your Team, Coaches and wives. Thanks!

Pard94
October 27th, 2009, 10:50 AM
App. State is a class program from top to bottom.

Millwoch
October 27th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Above and beyond the call of duty. But it does not surprise me in the least. I was very impressed with how App. St. carried themselves during and after the game in Charleston several weeks ago, even standing politely for the The Citadel alma mater after the game.

Big Cats
October 27th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Wow! That is really displaying a high level of compassion. My respect for Coach Moore, his family and the entire App St. program just jumped about three notches

AshevilleApp2
October 27th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Thank you for the kind words. I hope someone who is a regular here can convey the thoughts to Coach Moore's wife. We've been extremely blessed as a fan base to have a winner and positive role model as our coach for two decades.

Sometimes I wish that would rub off on some of our fans.

Bam
October 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Great gesture.

Saint3333
October 27th, 2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&KEY=&ATCLID=1524623

I know all fan bases have bad seeds, but I think ASU over the past few season under the CLASS program has spread the word to our fanbase. We still have bad seeds without a doubt, but as a percentage of fans that number is shrinking. It starts at the top with Cobb, Moore, and his staff. The players have seen this and adopted their ways and the last few years the fans have as well.

Go...gate
October 27th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Nice work by Mrs. Moore. Somehow, a mother always understands. She sounds like a hell of a first-class lady.

Hoyadestroya85
October 27th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Awesome.. Class act by what seems to be a class lady.

YoUDeeMan
October 27th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Nice to see some folks think about more than a football game. That was a very nice gesture from Mrs. Moore. xthumbsupx

But the real question is...is she hot? xeyebrowx

paward
October 27th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I can say without a doubt I have been treated with a lot of respect in Boone. Coach's wife demeanor is the kind of attitude I have gotten on both my trips to the rock. Some of the kids get carried away but that happens everywhere. As stated before, great job Mrs. Moore.

colorless raider
October 27th, 2009, 12:51 PM
A very moving story and one to make any Appy State fan proud.

appmaj
October 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM
The Moore's really represent CLASS at App State!

PhoenixPhan06
October 27th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Such a great story and its times like these that remind me that its just a game and there are bigger things at stake every week when our student athletes line up on Saturday's. No doubt a proud moment for the SoCon!!

UCABEARS75
October 27th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Great post.

I hope the young man is doing well.

APPdopted
October 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Thank you for the kind words. I hope someone who is a regular here can convey the thoughts to Coach Moore's wife. We've been extremely blessed as a fan base to have a winner and positive role model as our coach for two decades.

Sometimes I wish that would rub off on some of our fans.

I sent this thread to my wife to show her, and she suggested we print some of what was said to give to her at the next home game. She sits a couple rows above us. Anyone else trying to let her know?

Uncle Buck
October 27th, 2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&KEY=&ATCLID=1524623

I know all fan bases have bad seeds, but I think ASU over the past few season under the CLASS program has spread the word to our fanbase. We still have bad seeds without a doubt, but as a percentage of fans that number is shrinking. It starts at the top with Cobb, Moore, and his staff. The players have seen this and adopted their ways and the last few years the fans have as well.

Absolutely correct, very classy move and something that did not have to be done. It's good to see that people have compassion for others and that this game that sometimes seems like life and death, is really small in the big picture.

Ivytalk
October 27th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Nice work by Mrs. Moore. Somehow, a mother always understands. She sounds like a hell of a first-class lady.

Very well put!

henfan
October 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Wow. Not only does App have a future College Football Hall of Fame coach in their midst, they have a Hall of Fame coach's wife too. What an amazing gesture!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Is there a way for the AGS community to show its collective appreciation to Mrs. Moore? A card? Something. Count me in.

HiHiYikas
October 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Are we sure she wasn't there to taunt the GSU player? I'm just saying, maybe we should check first, before we start thanking her, right?

Totally kidding, of course...but there's something funny (and very wrong) about the idea of waking up in the hospital to somebody's grandma saying "YOU GOT JACKED UP, B**CH!"

No, seriously...I was very pleased when I heard about the Moore family's compassion and class. The gesture isn't a bit surprising, given their track record. They are good folks all the way.

89Eagle
October 27th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Great post.

I hope the young man is doing well.

It was a scary moment for the young man. He was checked out at the local hospital. He had concussion. He lost feeling on one side of his body. He was able to ride home to Statesboro with the team. Everyone needs to watch out for App State. They seem to be getting it into high gear. I'm very impressed with this act of kindness. We have fun sparing between teams, but when a young man is motionless on the playing field it really brings things into perspective.

jonmac
October 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I just want you guys to remember this the next time we have an "oops" moment and someone in the program does something stupid, 'cause, dangit, it's bound to happen.

I only knew Coach Moore for a short time in 1993 as a student manager and didn't get to have many personal conversations with him but he is one of the nicest, most sincere people I have met. I carried headset cord for the O-line coach and got to listen in on the headset every once and while. I always heard Coach Moore speaking positively about players and encouraging coaches. I also got to meet his wife and she is just like him. She is loved by the players, much like a team mom.

MaxASU'81
October 28th, 2009, 10:52 PM
What the He!! are you trying to say? 19 posts without sarcasm and you have to diminish the whole thread!

Shut up!

GrizzlyBill
October 28th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Mrs. Moore's act was indeed in the highest spirit of the game, as is the sentiment expressed in this thread. I hope and trust that the Griz Nation plays and lives the game at the same level of class.

Makes me prouder still of FCS football.

spdram
October 29th, 2009, 09:54 AM
What a classy move. More importantly from all I have read the visit came from the heart and not for a headline grab, that's what makes it more special.

ASU fans take care of Coach and his family they are special people and you are blessed to have them represent your University.

Seahawks Fan
October 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Very gracious gesture. We always need to be reminded about what is important in life. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

muletrain
October 29th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Wow! These are the lessons that athletics and sportsmanship can teach us. How many times do people in college athletics do compassionate gestures and no one knows??

Anyone that has heard Coach give a speach over the last few years knows that he closes with a story about his wife. I think it helps him remember how a great partner can keep you grounded. It goes something like this:

Coach Moore says that after the National Championship game in 2007 it was late about 2:00am when he and his wife made it back to the hotel. The elevator was not working and they are forced to take the steps. At the top he stops and asks her, "Could you believe in your wildest dreams that we have won three National Championship and beat Michigan"? He says she looks at him and says, "Jerry, you're not in my wildest dreams!"

She's the best............he's a great guy........always teaching us about teamwork!

Kill'em
October 29th, 2009, 11:55 AM
My sincere thanks go out to Mrs Moore. I'll imagine Hudson, as well as his parents, appreciated having someone there with him. As a father, I know I would.

AppAlum96
October 29th, 2009, 11:56 AM
When I was still in Boone, I would always tell fans of visiting teams that I hope they enjoyed everything about their visit except the game.

The Moore's are a perfect example of why I so love and dearly miss that little town.