PDA

View Full Version : The Bottom Line is

Pards Rule
October 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM
...it absolutely sucks! I refer to the ESPN/ABC and a few other related outlets crawl at the bottom of the screen that (purportedly) gives scores from other games. I was at my condo on Long Beach Island, NJ without internet access cause nobody was down (off season) with a signal to draft onto and wanting to know how the Leopards were doing. How many times in a fricking half hour do they need to show the BCS Top 25?!!? Especially (as I counted them) with 21 of the 25 games starting later!! What a waste of my valuable time!! And do we really need stats from the game? For who? For what? If you are that interested in stats, go to your computer. I would rather see a much greater inclusion of football scores! Loved the other week when I had to sit through the litany of World Cup soccer results. xmadx

Silenoz
October 26th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I feel your pain every time I'm in Missoula for the games

65 Pard
October 26th, 2009, 10:46 AM
When we played the Ivies, they showed the scores regularly......
Did not notice PL scores this week.....but lots of other FCS scores.....

GannonFan
October 26th, 2009, 11:05 AM
You just need TiVo or a DVR - leave it on a station for 30 minutes, and then you can just rewind to the spot where they had the scores - thet do the FCS at least once every half hour.

You think it's bad now? Just wait for another few weeks when we start getting NBA scores and college basketball scores (men's and women's) cluttering up the ticker. When that happens, you'll need to have your TiVo actually record the station for at least an hour to make sure you catch the scores. Worst time of the year for score ticker watching is still ahead of us.

biggie
October 26th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Wished the Scores on Demand feature for DirecTV had all football scores some how (at least all of Div 1).

But I just rely on my cell phone or PS3 for the internet scores.

Eight Legger
October 26th, 2009, 11:39 AM
The worst is how they now show English Premier League soccer results. Really? What percentage of even ESPN viewers gives a damn about that crap??!

Pards Rule
October 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
^^^ Exactly WTF!!!??! Some one get up to Bristol and knock some heads!!

Ivytalk
October 26th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I just go on the Internet to catch up during the comercials.:)

Pards Rule
October 26th, 2009, 11:53 AM
^^ Maybe I should have you text me the score next time Im without wireless on LBI!

Ivytalk
October 26th, 2009, 11:57 AM
^^ Maybe I should have you text me the score next time Im without wireless on LBI!

I agree, Pards...the "crawl" is a cruel joke on FCS fans. Sometimes the Ivy scores get some preference on the major networks, but only because their execs went there.xrolleyesx

bostonspider
October 26th, 2009, 11:59 AM
1800 555 8355 Tell Me. You can call this and get score updates for just about any sport.

Pards Rule
October 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Thx BOS Spider...

OhioHen
October 26th, 2009, 01:07 PM
You just need TiVo or a DVR - leave it on a station for 30 minutes, and then you can just rewind to the spot where they had the scores - thet do the FCS at least once every half hour.

You think it's bad now? Just wait for another few weeks when we start getting NBA scores and college basketball scores (men's and women's) cluttering up the ticker. When that happens, you'll need to have your TiVo actually record the station for at least an hour to make sure you catch the scores. Worst time of the year for score ticker watching is still ahead of us.

The do SOME FCS scores every half hour. It can take three times through their version of FCS scores to get to the conference you care about. If you catch the end of the CAA scores at 2:45, it might be 4:15 before they get back to CAA scores again, for example.

OhioHen
October 26th, 2009, 01:09 PM
The worst is how they now show English Premier League soccer results. Really? What percentage of even ESPN viewers gives a damn about that crap??!

I'm more interested in the EPL scores than I am in knowing that the Florida-Tennessee game kicks of at 7:30 and that Tim Tebow had banana slices on his Wheaties for breakfast this morning.

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I agree, Pards...the "crawl" is a cruel joke on FCS fans. Sometimes the Ivy scores get some preference on the major networks, but only because their execs went there.xrolleyesx

Actually, their execs went to Colgate, Bucknell and Lafayette . . . especially at ESPN.

bluehenbillk
October 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Cmon guys we're 2 months away from the year 2010. Invest in a smart phone like a Blackberry or just get internet in your freakin house. That way you won't get upset if you can't see your teams score on ESPN's crawl.

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Time to pack the FCS bags & move up.

If you would, kindly join the Fordham Rams on your way there. They want out of this League.

appmaj
October 26th, 2009, 02:37 PM

I care about EPL scores...but NOT ON ESPN WHEN COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS ON!
They also show Spanish, Italian, Mexican scores...come on ESPN

Pards Rule
October 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Actually, their execs went to Colgate, Bucknell and Lafayette . . . especially at ESPN.

Yeah Bogus if you PM me that guy's email at ESPN (I remember seeing that in the Lafayette Alumni mag) I will cut and paste this thread to him.

Go...gate
October 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
If you would, kindly join the Fordham Rams on your way there. They want out of this League.

Realizing that left a very bad taste in my mouth this weekend. That refereeing issue which some Ram supporters raised - and the claim that it was only against Fordham because they threw down the gauntlet in scholarships - damn near caused WW III around here.

Really does seem that Fordham wants out of the PL, period. IMO, this would be a mistake on their part. xnonono2x

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2009, 05:10 PM
You know what I would love? I get Verizon FIOS and have been playing with their NFL Red Zone widget. I would LOVE to be able to put CFB scores in there of my choice and have a one-minute update of them on the right-hand side of my screen.

Of course, I can make my own when I pump my computer feed through my TV to watch Lehigh football games, too. :D

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2009, 01:36 PM
1800 555 8355 Tell Me. You can call this and get score updates for just about any sport.

OMG! Cut me a break!! Call here and say "College football" and then say "Fordham" xlolx Jesus, no respect!!!

Pards Rule
October 28th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Is it a compliment to be confused with Louisiana-Lafayette? Tell Me: "Louisiana - Lafayette 26, Fordham 21"