PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Bison

appstate38
October 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM
No smack meant here, just wondering what has happened to the Bison. Seemed like one of the up and coming programs a couple of years ago. Now struggling in the Missouri Valley.xconfusedx

TCisMYhero
October 25th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Easy, mod33 is on a power trip and may issue a strike for this!

gobison.gsb
October 25th, 2009, 07:31 PM
We're young and having a down year. Our third losing season since the 70s. We'll be back.

Gil Dobie
October 25th, 2009, 08:01 PM
They are not a good team this year. :(

Drblankstare
October 25th, 2009, 08:27 PM
The run game is fine. Good line, good run game. The QB situation is bad right now. When NDSU is good, its because they have a sound leader at QB.

The defense however is another issue. Major holes all over the place. Injuries and youth are the main culprit. They are really undersized in the secondary also.

Im sure there is a ton of other things, but these are the most obvious to me.

All in all it mainly comes down to not knowing how to win. They've been in every game, just cant figure out how to make the big play.

Its just one of those years, the most important part is that they continue to play hard even though the year is lost. There is talent on the team, so I dont think its a black hole that the program is staring into.

NDB
October 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM
what has happened? an across the board the decline in quality: coaching, on-field talent, leadership.

NDSU will be back someday. It just might take 5+ years to do so.

Drblankstare
October 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM
5 years seems like a streatch. They have good young talent, it shouldnt take that long to right the ship. But I wouldnt expect to see a 10 win team anytime soon. At least not until they find an answer at QB.

igo4uni
October 25th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I thought they dropped the football program.

jmc_jackrabbit
October 25th, 2009, 09:14 PM
They'll be back. They have some very good young players.

Buzzcut
October 26th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Only got to watch them twice this year on FCS Central but I agree that this is simply a down year for them. I say the Bison will return with a vengeance within two years - look out!

MplsBison
October 26th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Our budget is too big and we have too good of facilities to stay down.

We'll get the coaches and the players we need to win. Too much winning tradition and history for fans/boosters to just accept losing seasons.