PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 25th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Ignorant questions from a guy out east that knows nothing about the Jackrabbits:

Is SDSU a title contender this year?

What are their weaknesses?

Reign of Terrier
October 25th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I haven't seen them play but on paper they are a solid playoff team that could get a seed

GeauxLions94
October 25th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Ignorant questions from a guy out east that knows nothing about the Jackrabbits:

Is SDSU a title contender this year?

What are their weaknesses?

Cue RabidRabbit in 5, 4, 3, .......

malibudude
October 25th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Maybe the UNI posters can give a better answer. Their QB got hurt in the 2nd quarter of the Cal Poly game and it really slowed the Jacks down. They are a very big and physical team who can control the line of scrimmage.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 25th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Honestly, I think we are the favorite to win the MVC right now... We have Southern Illinois at home in 2 weeks and it sounds like they are going to be without their starting QB. Even with their #1, it would be awfly tough to leave Coughlin-Alumi with a win.

If we win that game, along with other winnable games @ Youngstown and W. Illinois, we would be undefeater in conference play and outright MVC champs. Our only loses would be to Cal Poly (they had 2 defensive TD's to be us in SLO) and to Minnesota (assuming we lose that one).

I think that is an impressive enough resume to garner a top 4 seed and to host a 1st round game. At that point, anyone can make noise in the playoffs.

Weaknesses, offensive line play on short yardard situations... We could NOT move UNI's defensive line yesterday on 3rd or 4th in less than 2.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I realize that SDSU is somewhat of an unknown to many of you, so here is a little taste of the Jacks as depicted by our pre-game into video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEcl2u6-x5s

.... And our weekly Coach's show, the Jackrabbit Insider, has highlights from the October 17th win over NDSU. This will give you a little taste of what this year's team has to offer.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=1212469

Ud1Hens
October 25th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I sure hope that game @ Delaware stays on the schedule. THat would be a great week 2 test for both teams that should be ranked i the top 10 to start the 2010 season.

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I sure hope that game @ Delaware stays on the schedule. THat would be a great week 2 test for both teams that should be ranked i the top 10 to start the 2010 season.

I know I'll be excited for it! xthumbsupx

ValleyChamp
October 25th, 2009, 03:11 PM
They are nothing spectacular, but they play solid football for 4 quarters. They don't make big mistakes, and just play sound football.

I honestly don't see any way that SDSU gets a seed. Even if they beat SIU, they will most likely go down to Minnesota, and that will take them out of seed contention.

Gil Dobie
October 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
SDSU is a good team that keeps coming at you, good discipline and some great players. If Minnesota was to keep Weber in as QB, SDSU has a chance to win, but if the Frosh scrambler is in, it will be tough.

Saint3333
October 25th, 2009, 03:28 PM
How's their team speed compared to UNI and SIU?

ValleyChamp
October 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM
SIU, UNI are noticably faster than SDSU. That is their main weakness.

If they had to face a team that runs an offense like App or UNH, they'd be toast IMO.

MSUBear42
October 25th, 2009, 03:34 PM
They are nothing spectacular, but they play solid football for 4 quarters. They don't make big mistakes, and just play sound football.

Exactly what I was going to say. They are a very smart football team.

Pantherpower
October 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM
They are the Iowa of FCS this year. They won't wow you a whole lot, but as others have said, they don't make mistakes and are fundamentally sound. I don't see anybody running them off the field--they'll fight for all 60 minutes.

KUlawJack
October 25th, 2009, 03:39 PM

If they had to face a team that runs an offense like App or UNH, they'd be toast IMO.

From a fan that is ignorant of many CAA and SoCon teams we don't play (all of them except Georgia Southern), what type of offense are you speaking of that would toast us? Not smacky, serious question. I don't know what type of offenses those teams run.

EDIT: So I can put in my two cents from watching the Jacks, this year. They are very physical. As others have said we won't "wow" you, but we don't really have to if we can line up and smack you in the mouth on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes. I would say the front seven of our D is our strongest unit, especially the D ends. We also play extremely well on special teams - we have two effective kickers and an outstanding punter.

ValleyChamp
October 25th, 2009, 03:40 PM
From a fan that is ignorant of many CAA and SoCon teams we don't play (all of them except Georgia Southern), what type of offense are you speaking of that would toast us? Not smacky, serious question. I don't know what type of offenses those teams run.

Just the true spread offenses that have running QB's, and really spread you out from sideline to sideline with a lot of lateral speed. Really tough to defend.

Even teams like UNI, which I believe has good defensive speed, have struggled defending these teams.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 25th, 2009, 03:49 PM

They sound a lot like Montana.

So do you guys think there is a Championship-worthy team in the MVC?

A few weeks ago, we clearly thought UNI was, but now it appears they won't be in the Dome, even if they make the playoffs.

I have viewed SIU as slightly inferior to UNI (even after last week's win) because they lost by a decent margin at home to UNH in last year's playoffs, and both SIU and UNH returned a similar number of players.

RabidRabbit
October 25th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Cue RabidRabbit in 5, 4, 3, .......

:Dxlolx:p:p

JackTwice
October 25th, 2009, 04:09 PM
SDSU has always had trouble with a team that has a very good mobile qb and a good running option. Examples of some of the teams I am speaking of are GSU's triple option, Texas St with Neally, UNI with the qb before Grace, SFA last year with their spread, McNeese last year with Pendland, WIU with Barr and Donaldson and Cal Poly last year with their QB and running game. But if you want to line up and smash away with us your in for a bigtime dogfight.

Anderson broke free a few times last night and almost went all the way. The difference between now and back a few years is that Anderson got stopped rather than breaking a big one for a touchdown.

I don't personally believe we are a title contender but someone is going to line up against us and get punched. And if a warm weather team comes into SD in December they are not going to find the conditions hospitable.

ValleyChamp
October 25th, 2009, 04:10 PM
They sound a lot like Montana.

So do you guys think there is a Championship-worthy team in the MVC?

A few weeks ago, we clearly thought UNI was, but now it appears they won't be in the Dome, even if they make the playoffs.

I have viewed SIU as slightly inferior to UNI (even after last week's win) because they lost by a decent margin at home to UNH in last year's playoffs, and both SIU and UNH returned a similar number of players.

Hard to say really. I think UNI is definitely the team that is most talented, and that could win it all from the leauge, but they might not even get a chance now, so that doesn't really matter.

SIU, mmmm idk. Maybe, but losing their QB now for the season is a tough loss. I could see them making noise in the playoffs, but I don't see them winning the title. But SIU has the best chance because they will be at home for sure, if they win at SDSU.

I don't think SDSU has near enough firepower to be contenders. They are solid, but not elite.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Just the true spread offenses that have running QB's, and really spread you out from sideline to sideline with a lot of lateral speed. Really tough to defend.

Even teams like UNI, which I believe has good defensive speed, have struggled defending these teams.

The injury to QB Chris Dieker could backfire on the Bunnies. Backup QB Paul MacIntosh is a better runner than Dieker, He had 81 yards on 12 carries yesterday after coming in late in the first quarter.

RabidRabbit
October 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM
*In training with McNeese75* xbowxxbowx

SDSU is a terrible team with no redeeming features. They only win at home, and play in a muddy, cold, fossil of a stadium. ;) They'll struggle making it past Youngstown and Western on the road, and Coach Stig just never matches up vs Lennon of SIU. xeyebrowx

Jacks are a bunch of country boys that just play their hearts out for a coach they adore. They are better than the sum of the parts, due to team play. Will they WOW you with their amazing individual efforts? Likely not, but they'll be after the opponent each play.

( Did I come sort of close?) :p

Jacked_Rabbit
October 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM
The injury to QB Chris Dieker could backfire on the Bunnies. Backup QB Paul MacIntosh is a better runner than Dieker, He had 81 yards on 12 carries yesterday after coming in late in the first quarter.

How does MacIntosh compare to Dieker in the pass game?

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I my humble opinion there is not a championship team in the MVC this year. UNI makes too many mistakes. The strength of the team was supposed to be a senior laden offense that struggled to get to 14 against SDSU (obviously SDSU has a good defense, but with what we have on offense we should not struggle to score 14 against anyone). I mean we scored more points against Iowa, and I do not think SDSU has a better defense than Iowa.

SIU is alright. I was not impressed by the team as a whole. Obviously Deji Karim is the real deal and could break one at any time. With Dieker out I don't see them standing a chance. The might win one game in the playoffs, but not much past that.

SDSU will be a tough out because they play so physical, but lining up against the likes of App State or UNH will be tough for them. They won't make mistakes, but they may be susceptible to a team with great speed (which we do not see in our conference). They could line up a win a game or two, but I would be surprised to see them in Chattanooga.

Obviously this is just my 2 cents on the matter. I could be completely off. I would love to see a MVC team in the National Championship, and I will be cheering for them along the way, I just do not see it being real likely.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2009, 04:30 PM
How does MacIntosh compare to Dieker in the pass game?
Dieker has a bit stronger arm and , of course, more game experience. MacIntosh just has quicker feet and his mobility could create more matchup problems for SDSU. I'm glad Paul gets a warmup game before our matchup with you guys. Well, maybe half a game. We are playing Indiana State next week, so i expect our third string QB to get some reps late in the game.

MplsBison
October 25th, 2009, 04:35 PM
The MVFC is theirs to lose at this point, with SIU coming to South Dakota.

But with a freshman QB, I don't see SDSU winning the national championship.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I my humble opinion there is not a championship team in the MVC this year. UNI makes too many mistakes. The strength of the team was supposed to be a senior laden offense that struggled to get to 14 against SDSU (obviously SDSU has a good defense, but with what we have on offense we should not struggle to score 14 against anyone). I mean we scored more points against Iowa, and I do not think SDSU has a better defense than Iowa.

SIU is alright. I was not impressed by the team as a whole. Obviously Deji Karim is the real deal and could break one at any time. With Dieker out I don't see them standing a chance. The might win one game in the playoffs, but not much past that.

SDSU will be a tough out because they play so physical, but lining up against the likes of App State or UNH will be tough for them. They won't make mistakes, but they may be susceptible to a team with great speed (which we do not see in our conference). They could line up a win a game or two, but I would be surprised to see them in Chattanooga.

Obviously this is just my 2 cents on the matter. I could be completely off. I would love to see a MVC team in the National Championship, and I will be cheering for them along the way, I just do not see it being real likely.
I'm sorry our Salukis did not impress you other than Karim. I don't think we lose that much with our second string QB. We still play good D when it counts and Karim is still around. MacIntosh does not have as strong an arm as Dieker, but few do. He is more mobile and I am sure Lennon will find ways to utilize his strengths. It should be interesting the rest of the way.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2009, 04:37 PM

Golly.
I sure hope we don't look past Indiana State this week worrying about them.
xeyebrowx

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Sidenote:

The Valley race will be decided by a matchup between two backup freshman QBs. The ball sure can take some funny bounces.

MplsBison
October 25th, 2009, 04:41 PM
MVFC will get three into the playoffs, as is only right.

UNI is still a top 15 team in the FCS, even with loses to top 10 SIU and SDSU.

Missouri State could make a case at 7-4 depending on what the rest of the AQ league standings look like.

MSUBear42
October 25th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Missouri State could make a case at 7-4 depending on what the rest of the AQ league standings look like.

I'm the biggest MSU homer there is and I know this won't happen.

Now win out and beat SIU, go 8-3 (all D1) and we can talk.

Dblue
October 25th, 2009, 04:54 PM

No team, from whatever conference, gets in this year with a 7-4 record.
Just my opinion.

jmc_jackrabbit
October 25th, 2009, 04:59 PM

That's pretty much right on target.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2009, 05:21 PM
No team, from whatever conference, gets in this year with a 7-4 record.
Just my opinion.
I agree, with a qualifier. If someone could win their league while going 7-4, they would ovbiously make it. I haven't checked standings to see if anyone might be in that boat.

Dblue
October 25th, 2009, 05:28 PM

Agree to the above from the half I saw online vs UNI. It seemed like everyone had a roll to play and were successful in beating a good team yesterday.
To my fellow old-time Hen fans think Gardy Kahoe, a tough SOB out of the backfield. Heck, give SDSU's RB the Princeton helmet in blue and gold and it is Gardy, uniform colors looked like UD's already.
And to anyone not familiar with the Hens history, this is not smack. Gardy was the man.

Looking forward to seeing the Jacks in Newark 9/11/2010.

cowbellnation
October 25th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Here are some highlights from the game against UNI if you haven't seen any.

http://www.ksfy.com/sports/sportscast/65930102.html?video=pop&t=a

LacesOut
October 25th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Here are some highlights from the game against UNI if you haven't seen any.

http://www.ksfy.com/sports/sportscast/65930102.html?video=pop&t=a

Thanks for the link.

But my god, those uni's SUCK!!!!! Look like blue practice jerseys and practice pants. No name on the back, no stripes, no piping, and nothing on the yellow pants. I'm glad the team is better than the pathetic uniforms. LOL

mango43
October 25th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the link.

But my god, those uni's SUCK!!!!! Look like blue practice jerseys and practice pants. No name on the back, no stripes, no piping, and nothing on the yellow pants. I'm glad the team is better than the pathetic uniforms. LOL

Are you kidding me? They are a classic and clean design. Sure they don't have flashy piping on them but I think a lot of piping and stripes clutter the uniforms.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 25th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Are you kidding me? They are a classic and clean design. Sure they don't have flashy piping on them but I think a lot of piping and stripes clutter the uniforms.

To each their own, but I prefer the classic look as well...

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Personally I love the old school jersey look. Its not a fashion contest, its a football game. ;)

89rabbit
October 25th, 2009, 07:38 PM
They fit our style, no nonsense - smash mouth football. xcoolx

Dblue
October 25th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm old school pal, I like them a lot. Boardwalk Bowl unis.:)

JohnStOnge
October 25th, 2009, 08:26 PM

I went to the 2006 SDSU vs. McNeese game and the difference in team speed between the two was stark. But SDSU won the game and also probably should've won last year's game between the teams (miracle ricochet catch helped McNeese).

Drblankstare
October 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM
At this point I think SDSU gets a seed. With a freshman at QB, a title shot is probably out of reach, but they are a big, strong team on both sides. Nothing real flashy, just good midwestern style football.

RowdyRabbit
October 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I'd say SDSU isn't quite title contender, but if SDSU happened to host a first round game, they'd have a good shot at winning a game. I'd even venture to guess SDSU would contend in a road playoff game.

BUT...we've still got 4 games to play and theoretically speaking, could end up 6-5 (I doubt that will happen) but...PLAYOFFS?!?!

jmc_jackrabbit
October 25th, 2009, 09:12 PM
All this playoff talk makes me nervous. We have to go 1-0 this week on the road at YSU. There are no easy road conference games.

JackJD
October 25th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I'm with JMC...and I'm not thinking about playoffs at all. Youngstown at their stadium is plenty to worry about.

Big Al
October 25th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I've said since almost the beginning of the season that SDSU is a team to fear. As has been said already, not because they are high-octane or have one or two flashy stars but because those kids know how to play football.

I don't think they have the octane to take it to the NC game but stranger things have happened.

McNeese75
October 25th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Rabbits will smack you in the face, knock you down, help you up and do it all over again :D

mango43
October 25th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Rabbits will smack you in the face, knock you down, help you up and do it all over again :D

Couldn't have said it better myself!

JackJD
October 25th, 2009, 10:04 PM
The Jackrabbits have been called things like
...a blue-collar team (great work ethic, no prima donnas etc.)
...an old-fashioned or old-school big, hard hitting midwestern football team
...a team that isn't flashy but finds a way to win (someone on another AGS thread called them the "Iowa" of FCS).

I heard someone say the team has a bunch of big farm kids. While we do, we also have a surprisingly diverse roster. Lots of South Dakota, Iowa and Minnesota guys on the team but some top personnel hail from places like Arizona, California, Texas and Georgia.

Some of the old bromides seem to apply to the Jackrabbits. You won't hear anyone who knows this team, claim they've been beaten by refs. The old standard "good teams don't get beat by refs" applies here. Good teams limit their mistakes but when they make them, they recover from them. That's the Jackrabbits. Never say quit -- that's the Jackrabbits. Get up on us in the first half? I'll bet our coaches make some of the best half-time adjustments of anyone in the business.

I know some of our regional rivals will dispute this next comment but here it goes: This is a team that everyone can like. If the Jackrabbits were not playing your team, you'll find yourself hoping they prevail.

Are they the best? Probably not. Can they beat the best? Maybe.

JacksFan06
October 25th, 2009, 10:04 PM
SDSU's best attribute is that they don't give up the big play on defense and they play great special teams. So the only way to score on them is a methodically drive down the field 80 yards and not make any mistakes.

The offense is good in that they are very balanced. The O-Line gives good protection and wears down the opposing defense and that's when our "VERY UNDERATED" running back starts turning it on.

As far as title contenders? It would take some magic, not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be the first time in the FCS playoffs for this program.

As far as the Uni's go, I agree with the Jacks fans in that I love SDSU's uni's. They are somewhat modeled off of what Penn St and Michigan use. We used to have the jersey's with piping and more details, but these jersey's really pop and look great.

h5322rsh
October 25th, 2009, 10:10 PM
The reference of being 1-0 this week against who ever we play comes from our coach who is not a noisey Bobby Boden by any means but rather humble of German orgins. John Stiegelmeier is his name and he received his masters at UNI. When he was a grad assistant there he worked with Farley UNI and Terry Allan, MSU both.
He knows the game, and at times is conservative in play calling. Very few fancy plays on offense but fundamentally solid and its taken him a while to get the program going, but we would not trade him for anyone else at this point in time.

I dont know what the entire team results are in the 40 yard drills but I suspect we are not at some levels of other FCS team.. If we play one game at at time and play to the best of our ability, I think we could go far but there are games to be played in the near future so am not making any predictions.

The shortcomings voiced on this thread are valid but somehow we win when we need to except for Cal Poly, and I guess I could make the same claim that UNI players did yesterday and Say SDSU beat themselves when we play Cal Poly. Cal Poly scored 14 points on defense. That killed us and our Quarter back went down and the Freshman Tom Obrien took over and has done a great deal for a true freshman. He is getting smarter and more confident with each game.

JackJD
October 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM

I really like that quote.

Jackrabbit fans really like the people from McNeese as well as some of our other new acquaintances like Southern, Georgia Southern and some of the Mo Valley teams. We've had a little longer relationship with Cal-Poly and UC-Davis and its always good to see those people in Brookings or to visit their stadiums for some hard-nosed football.

An additional comment on Coach John Stiegelmeier. I've heard it said several times by two or three rabid fans of our friends to the north, NDSU, that a coach with Stiegelmeier's record would not have lasted very long at NDSU. That may be true. We just grin back. As noted by
h5322rsh above, we wouldn't trade this guy for anybody right now. He's been our head coach since 1997. With the victory over UNI, his career record at SDSU is 81-57. What's been fun to watch is how the program has been steadily improving as the competition we faced has been getting steadily tougher. He's got something working and it's working better at this level.

McNeese72
October 25th, 2009, 10:16 PM
*In training with McNeese75* xbowxxbowx

SDSU is a terrible team with no redeeming features. They only win at home, and play in a muddy, cold, fossil of a stadium. ;) They'll struggle making it past Youngstown and Western on the road, and Coach Stig just never matches up vs Lennon of SIU. xeyebrowx

Jacks are a bunch of country boys that just play their hearts out for a coach they adore. They are better than the sum of the parts, due to team play. Will they WOW you with their amazing individual efforts? Likely not, but they'll be after the opponent each play.

( Did I come sort of close?) :p

Huh, wat?? When did McNeese75 become the authority on sandbagging????

Doc

P.S. Our players maybe small but they are slow!! ;-)

SiouxFallsJack
October 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I agree with the other Jacks fans that we have 3 tough conference games ahead before we can talk about playoffs. I do know if we make the playoffs we will be a tough out for whoever we face.

Native
October 26th, 2009, 12:07 AM

I honestly don't see any way that SDSU gets a seed. Even if they beat SIU, they will most likely go down to Minnesota, and that will take them out of seed contention.

Losing to Minnesota should not take the Jackrabbits out of contention for the fourth seed. If either SIU or SDSU win out, the MVFC deserves seed.

CAA winner will get a seed. xnodx

Montana will get a seed if they somehow manage to get past Weber... xsmiley_wix

CAA will get a second seed, but two is enough, even for the CAA.

ASU_MBA
October 26th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Losing to Minnesota should not take the Jackrabbits out of contention for the fourth seed. If either SIU or SDSU win out, the MVFC deserves seed.

CAA winner will get a seed. xnodx

Montana will get a seed if they somehow manage to get past Weber... xsmiley_wix

CAA will get a second seed, but two is enough, even for the CAA.

I think it depends on how the CAA finishes....If UNH or Villanova end with 1 loss and a victory over a FBS teams they get a seed and....
if Richmond ends with 1 loss they still get a seed.....
not sure the winner of the MVF gets a seed......
also if Elon wins out (which means they beat ASU) they will end with 1 loss to Wake so they get a seed.

So you are left with
Richmond

Montana

App (I still think we get a 3 or 4 seed if we win out because of attendance and our loses came early) or Elon

Then Villanova, W&M, UNH, SIU or SDSU.....tough call....

should a SIU or SDSU deserve a seed, probably....will they.....not sure.

jmc_jackrabbit
October 26th, 2009, 07:03 AM
One more thing about Coach Stiegelmeier (we call him Coach Stig). He doesn't swear and doesn't tolerate it.

When he gets excited, you might hear him shout "Holy nutmeg!" and if he's REALLY upset (and this only happens about three times a year) you get a "Holy crap!"

He's one of the best human beings I know. And our fans and players love him. Obviously, he's also a heck of a good coach.

RabidRabbit
October 26th, 2009, 08:19 AM

Doc

Sorry Doc! Wrong Numeric! xoopsx

Rabbitlivinginverm
October 26th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Our guys aren't flashy. A few teams we have played (I'm looking at you NDSU and UNI) like to celebrate after making a play, sometimes not even a big play. For example, our WR has their DB beat but the pass is incomplete for one reason or another but not becuase the DB made the play. Said DB gets up and acts like he made the biggest play in the world. Another example, we run up the middle for 7 or 8 yards and a middle LB makes a pretty nice hit (but we still gain 8 yards). He gets up and acts like he just made the best play of his life.

It's the culture of SD State football and South Dakota as a whole. Like Doc said, we'll punch you in the face, knock you down. Then help you back up so we can do it again.

Our we NC title contenders? I have no idea. I do know that our guys have the confidence that they can beat anyone that lines up across from them. I like our RS frosh QB, he's the real deal and the future. He gives us just as good of a chance to win (I think a better chance) than the senior. He now has more game experience than the senior. Our Defense is one of the best and people always say Defense wins championships.

We need to get Youngtown this week. That's all I'm really concerned about.

McNeese75
October 26th, 2009, 10:44 AM

Doc

I am not Doc and would never profess to even approach your skills xbowx

Pirateye
October 28th, 2009, 12:42 PM
One more thing about Coach Stiegelmeier (we call him Coach Stig). He doesn't swear and doesn't tolerate it.

When he gets excited, you might hear him shout "Holy nutmeg!" and if he's REALLY upset (and this only happens about three times a year) you get a "Holy crap!"

He's one of the best human beings I know. And our fans and players love him. Obviously, he's also a heck of a good coach.

I like him already. Demands respect and sets a great example! Must be the Stig from Top Gear!

stevdock
October 28th, 2009, 10:38 PM
They fit our style, no nonsense - smash mouth football. xcoolx

I sure wish we could play that kind of football again, but non the less I will be cheering for you guys from here on out.