View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Nine

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2009, 08:57 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 32-12 (8-4 SLC)
Total: 118-48 (41-26 SLC)

McNeese State @ Nicholls - Is there any chance for the Colonels in this one? The team from the Cajun Corner has struggled all year and perhaps the best thing about this contest is that it is at their home stadium. Hopefully Guidry will be rocking with fans from both teams! McNEESE STATE

Central Arkansas @ Southeastern La. - A long trip for the Bears and this game has some SLC title hopes on the line as a second loss would eliminate either of these teams most likely from claiming a share of the title. The Lions showed once more that they can compete on the road and have played pretty stellar at home. UCA was a slam dunk winner in their Homecoming date with Nicholls. Home team favored. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Stephen F. Austin @ Texas State-San Marcos - The debate began on whether a squad would want Jeremy Moses or Bradley George to build their team around. Moses would be my QB of choice this year and while some do not want to 'keep tabs' on him while George makes his run up the SLC all-time leaders, Moses is in pursuit and has actually passed George in at least one category. Bobcats can't finish at home or away and with SFA's offense potent enough to put up 40-50 points on a poor TXST defense, could be a long day in dream land. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Northwestern State @ Sam Houston State - If Stoker is not able to get his defense fired up to play this one, I do not know if he can all season. This one is in Huntsville and you have got to hope that if there's any teams the Bearkats can beat - this is one of them! Last week, I said no SHSU - but it's hard not to take a winner and this absolute pick'em game. SAM HOUSTON STATE

LIONFAN85
October 25th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Week 9

McNeese will come out a little rough after a difficult game against the Lions. But they are to talented and Nicholls is really having a rough year. Close in the first half but McNeese wins 34 -17

The Lions had some guys go down with injury in the McNeese game and it hurt us at certain times. The good thing is none of the injuries were super serious. Hopefully we can get most of those guys back. The key to this one is can the Lions slow down the UCA QB and runningback. I have alot of confidence in our offense seeing how we put up 35 last night in Cowboy stadium against a very good defense that allowed SFA to 16 points. Its in Strawberry Stadium so I like the Lions but really close. 26-17.

Could see the Tx State SFA game go either way. I am saying Tx State pulled the upset. SFA doesn't run much and Tx State can't seem to stop the run so i give the advantage to the Bobcats. 30-28

Northwestern will get on the bench this week and get a win. Stocker's defense will bring it but I think if Joesph doesn't play NWST has the big advantage. If Bradley Dale doesn't beat Stocker there won't be many people happy to see him when he gets home. But the Demons get a win. Ugly game though. 24-17

msusig
October 25th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Week 9

McNeese will come out a little rough after a difficult game against the Lions. But they are to talented and Nicholls is really having a rough year. Close in the first half but McNeese wins 34 -17

The Lions had some guys go down with injury in the McNeese game and it hurt us at certain times. The good thing is none of the injuries were super serious. Hopefully we can get most of those guys back. The key to this one is can the Lions slow down the UCA QB and runningback. I have alot of confidence in our offense seeing how we put up 35 last night in Cowboy stadium against a very good defense that allowed SFA to 16 points. Its in Strawberry Stadium so I like the Lions but really close. 26-17.

Could see the Tx State SFA game go either way. I am saying Tx State pulled the upset. SFA doesn't run much and Tx State can't seem to stop the run so i give the advantage to the Bobcats. 30-28

Northwestern will get on the bench this week and get a win. Stocker's defense will bring it but I think if Joesph doesn't play NWST has the big advantage. If Bradley Dale doesn't beat Stocker there won't be many people happy to see him when he gets home. But the Demons get a win. Ugly game though. 24-17

That was a pretty hard shot your quarterback took in the first quarter. Saw him try to shake it off on the sidlines and then just collapsed after trying to warm up throwing the ball.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 25th, 2009, 12:24 PM
34-10 coming in.

McNeese State @ Nicholls St.--McNeese slashes and dashes the Colonel defense and plays just enough run defense to quadruple hapless Nicholls. McNeese 40-10

Central Arkansas @ SELA--Game of the week. UCA has a pretty good defense and an efficient offense. I see UCA limiting penalties and using a nice ball control offense to stiff arm the dangerous Lions, UCA 24-21

Stephen F. Austin @ Texas State--Believe me, I will be pleeeeeeeenty drunk for this one. Thank you Pumpkin Bumpkins for waking up the SFA offense...we appreciate it. (sarcasm) Jacks (aka the ROAD WARRIORS) destroy homecoming for the 'Cats. Jacks 49-21

Northwestern State @ Sam Houston State--Both teams auditioned new QBs this week. If Joseph comes back, I'll pick the Pumpkin Bumpkins. If not, NW St.'s new QB and their new found POWER RUNNING GAME (haha, who am i kidding? that was more a product of TxSt.'s poor run defense.) will control the clock and eeeeeeek out a win. This one will be ugly either way. Low scoring, lots of penalties...we'll see if St. Joseph plays for the home team or if the Pumpkin Bumpkins will have to rely on their high school recruited QBs (who are terrible). I'll pick this one later in the week.

McNeese75
October 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
McNeese vs Nicholls State - Pokes are on the road and should get the W

Central Ark vs SELU - The injuries may not be serious but the Lions got banged up pretty good last night so I think the Bears take this one.

SFA vs Tx St - Cats get to play this one at home and if they play inspired they will win. George schools Moses on the passing game. Also, I just want them to win for selfish reasons, xlolx

SHSU vs NWSU - Demons take the Kats down xnodx

BEAR
October 25th, 2009, 01:24 PM
McNeese vs Nicholls State- Nicholls has it tough this year. After watching a very poor defense unable to stop the run or the pass last night, I'm pretty sure the Cowboys will take this one like UCA did. 48 - 14.

Central Ark vs SELA- The Bears know that if there is any chance to win the SLC unnofficially again this year, they will have to remain perfect throughout the rest of the season. They are playing with the same intensity they showed against McNeese to end the season last year. If the defense is effective, UCA 24 SELA 14

SFA vs Texas State- Not a close affair. SFA continues to prove they are the tops in the conference. SFA 48 TxSt 14.

SHSU vs NWSU- Sam gets the win in a close one. SHSU 24 NWSU- 21

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 25th, 2009, 01:30 PM
McNeese vs Nicholls State- Nicholls has it tough this year. After watching a very poor defense unable to stop the run or the pass last night, I'm pretty sure the Cowboys will take this one like UCA did. 48 - 14.

Central Ark vs SELA- The Bears know that if there is any chance to win the SLC unnofficially again this year, they will have to remain perfect throughout the rest of the season. They are playing with the same intensity they showed against McNeese to end the season last year. If the defense is effective, UCA 24 SELA 14

SFA vs Texas State- Not a close affair. SFA continues to prove they are the tops in the conference. SFA 48 Sam 14.

ummmm...no. We are not the Pumpkins! :pumpuke:

BEAR
October 25th, 2009, 02:37 PM
xlolx Oops. Let me correct that! Sorry fans! :oxeekxxnodxxlolx

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 25th, 2009, 02:55 PM
haha...although i wouldn't mind SFA beating Sam twice in the same year...

txst80
October 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Mcneese destroys Nicholls
UCA by 2 touchdowns
Texas State finally brings it all together and wins a big game 48-38
Northwestern State finally wins their first game of the season over Sam

GeauxLions94
October 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM
2009 Record: 33-11 (9-3 Southland)
Last week: 4-0

McNeese State @ Nicholls - Todd Pendland should be back in the McNeese State lineup after trying to give it a "geaux" against Southeastern ... even if he doesn't play, Cowboys have too many weapons to Colonels to handle ... if Colonels can have success on the ground they can make a game of it, especially since crazy things seem to happen in Thibodaux. MCNEESE STATE

Central Arkansas @ Southeastern La. - The Game of the Week ... Southeastern looks to bounce back from last minute loss at McNeese State ... Lions have come back from 24- and 17-point deficits in the past two weeks ... UCA comes in with the league's best defense (despite a subpar performance from Larry Hart) and has won both games in the series by a combined 11 points ... Lions were banged up after Cowboy game, but open stretch where three of their final four games are at home ... if everyone is back in the lineup, look for the Lions to continue their mission for the Southland title. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Stephen F. Austin @ Texas State - Texas State blew out SFA last year in Nacogdoches, but my how have times changed ... Jacks are on a mission after a season-opening loss at SMU while Bobcats won two games in the Bayou State that were a lot closer than expected (Nicholls and Northwestern State) ... SFA's Jeremy Moses and Co. can put up point in a hurry and should have a field day against the Swiss Cheese Bobcat D that can give up points in a hurry. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Northwestern State @ Sam Houston State - Former Northwestern State coach Scott Stoker, now the SHSU defensive coordinator, gets his first chance to line up against his former team that looks a whole lot different from the 7-5 team he left ... both teams are reeling (Northwestern State is winless), but Demons played inspired football last week against Texas State while Bearkats lost two straight on the road ... Kats didn't put up much of a fight in its rivalry game against Stephen F. Austin, which could spell the end of the Todd Whitten era in Huntsville ... if SHSU quarterback Blake Joseph plays, it's a whole new ballgame, but if not, the BDP era gets a long-awaited win - UPSET SPECIAL OF THE WEEK ... NORTHWESTERN STATE

Dallas Demon
October 26th, 2009, 12:58 AM
McNeese St. over Nicholls St.
SFA over Texas St.
Central Arkansas over SLU
Northwestern St. over Sam Houston St.

katstrapper
October 26th, 2009, 07:17 AM
TT's Predictions
2009 Record: 32-12 (8-4 SLC)
Total: 118-48 (41-26 SLC)

McNeese State @ Nicholls - Is there any chance for the Colonels in this one? The team from the Cajun Corner has struggled all year and perhaps the best thing about this contest is that it is at their home stadium. Hopefully Guidry will be rocking with fans from both teams! McNEESE STATE

Central Arkansas @ Southeastern La. - A long trip for the Bears and this game has some SLC title hopes on the line as a second loss would eliminate either of these teams most likely from claiming a share of the title. The Lions showed once more that they can compete on the road and have played pretty stellar at home. UCA was a slam dunk winner in their Homecoming date with Nicholls. Home team favored. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Stephen F. Austin @ Texas State-San Marcos - The debate began on whether a squad would want Jeremy Moses or Bradley George to build their team around. Moses would be my QB of choice this year and while some do not want to 'keep tabs' on him while George makes his run up the SLC all-time leaders, Moses is in pursuit and has actually passed George in at least one category. Bobcats can't finish at home or away and with SFA's offense potent enough to put up 40-50 points on a poor TXST defense, could be a long day in dream land. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Northwestern State @ Sam Houston State - If Stoker is not able to get his defense fired up to play this one, I do not know if he can all season. This one is in Huntsville and you have got to hope that if there's any teams the Bearkats can beat - this is one of them! Last week, I said no SHSU - but it's hard not to take a winner and this absolute pick'em game. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Terror,

What are you talking about? You picked SHSU to win this past Saturday.

Sam Houston State @ Stephen F. Austin - At one point, this game was a rivalry. Take away a Ryan Rossner 50 yard field goal and SHSU has won eight straight. With it, the Kats are 8 of 9 against the Jacks. For whatever reason, the Bearkats have continued to hold the Battle of the Piney Woods trophy regardless of squad and when Reliant Stadium personnel asked for a picture of SFA with the trophy, the Jack administration remained quiet on the phone. They'll remain quiet. Records aside, the Kats rule this rivalry and while this may be a bit homer, let's just hope Blake Joseph is ready to go or this could get bad in favor of SFA! Please let it be - SAM HOUSTON STATE - or that is the end of 'homer' picks this year and I'll only favor the Kats over NWST!

McNeese State @ Nicholls - Pokes look like a shoe in on this game, but Colonels always have one up their sleeve during the season. However, this game at The HOLE! McNEESE STATE

Central Arkansas @ Southeastern La. - McNeese got fortunate and the Lions continue to put up points. Babin is the real deal at QB and should take the Lions to a W. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Stephen F. Austin @ Texas State-San Marcos - Moses picked apart the dismal Kat secondary and Bobcats squeaked by NW State. Moses and the Jacks are on a roll.STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Northwestern State @ Sam Houston State - Stoker will be looking for revenge and will have his troops fired up. But, the QB is worse now than the beginning of the season which it was bad at the beginning of the season anyway. Whitten stoops to a new low.:pumpuke: NW State

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2009, 07:52 AM
What are you talking about? You picked SHSU to win this past Saturday.

Yes, I did pick SHSU, but also said "or that is the end of 'homer' picks this year and I'll only favor the Kats over NWST'.

DG Cowboy
October 26th, 2009, 07:56 AM
McNeese: But this is a trap game. Dang those Colonels. They love to knock off the Cowboys.
UCA: SLU too banged up from their trip to Cowboy country, but Lucas is surely a classy coach.
TX State: Backs to the wall at home. Do or die.
NW: Demon pride has to rise sometime this season.

Prominentwon
October 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
However, this game at The HOLE! McNEESE STATE

The game is in Thibodaux, fwiw. Doesn't really matter, IMO. Hate being too too confident, but in this case, I really don't think it matters.

AxeEmJacks
October 29th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Nicholls St. v. McNeese St. - Cowboys win this handily.
Sam Houston St. v. Northwestern St. - Bearkats will take out their frustration on the Demons after the 42-3 drubbing that the 'Jacks gave them.
Stephen F.Austin v. Texas State - the Bobcats don't stand a chance come Saturday
Central Arkansas v. SE Louisiana - this is not as close as it looks. C. Ark hasn't beaten a teams with a winning record so far. SE La will also be looking for payback for that close loss to McNeese

I'm new, but I haven't seen anyone really giving SFA their fair break. They're going to represent the SLC no matter what other crazy concoctions I've read. There won't be a three way tie, sorry. There won't even be a tie for first.

txst80
October 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I'm new, but I haven't seen anyone really giving SFA their fair break. They're going to represent the SLC no matter what other crazy concoctions I've read. There won't be a three way tie, sorry. There won't even be a tie for first.

Up one game with 4 to go and they have wrapped it up eh? You must not only be new to this board, but to the Southland Conference. The crazy conconctions occur fairly frequently.

They have gotten their fair share of praise. It's still hard to consider them one of the better teams in the league when they have been the worst team in the league for years.

AxeEmJacks
October 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Up one game with 4 to go and they have wrapped it up eh? You must not only be new to this board, but to the Southland Conference. The crazy conconctions occur fairly frequently.

They have gotten their fair share of praise. It's still hard to consider them one of the better teams in the league when they have been the worst team in the league for years.

Oh, believe me I know how bad they have been in years past. But for being one of the top 10 teams in the country, people have been really mum out been them. The only games I can see that may be a problem for them the rest of THIS YEAR will be Texas St. and and SE La. SFA is not out of the woods but that's why these are predictions, I could still be wrong. But my prediction is that SFA will remain undefeated.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2009, 07:06 PM

I agree with your sentiment - lots of crazy things happen in the SLC on a year by year basis. Nothing will surprise me and Axe needs to understand while SFA is the leader, they are most certainly not in the clubhouse...

We've given SFA their 'nod' for their success and in many cases, have thrown votes and other support behind them...

McNeese72
October 29th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Nicholls St. v. McNeese St. - Cowboys win this handily.
Sam Houston St. v. Northwestern St. - Bearkats will take out their frustration on the Demons after the 42-3 drubbing that the 'Jacks gave them.
Stephen F.Austin v. Texas State - the Bobcats don't stand a chance come Saturday
Central Arkansas v. SE Louisiana - this is not as close as it looks. C. Ark hasn't beaten a teams with a winning record so far. SE La will also be looking for payback for that close loss to McNeese

You guys better watch out for SLU. They are better than you might think.

Doc

JohnStOnge
October 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM

SFA vs Texas State- Not a close affair. SFA continues to prove they are the tops in the conference. SFA 48 TxSt 14.

I agree with all the picks but I do not think SFA is the best team in the conference and would not be surprised at all to see the Lumberjacks drop this game as well as the game later in the season at Southeastern Louisiana. I think SFA is much improved and was good enough to have a shot to beat McNeese and Central Arkansas if those other two teams made enough mistakes to allow that and they did make enough mistakes to allow that.

AxeEmJacks
October 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Doc, no doubt SLU has definitely have had the tougher schedule so far. It won't help that the Jacks have to play them in Hammond.

TexasTerror
October 31st, 2009, 09:09 PM
2-2 week...

TT's Predictions
2009 Record: 34-14 (10-6 SLC)
Total: 120-50 (43-28 SLC)

crossfire07
October 31st, 2009, 09:30 PM
SLU has no problem keeping their confidence level up. they are able to play with any SLC team so far this year.

lionsrking2
October 31st, 2009, 09:36 PM
SLU has no problem keeping their confidence level up. they are able to play with any SLC team so far this year.

And we did it without Brian Babin, Simmie Yarborough, Merrick Lanaux and Cole Wardell...four offensive starters - our starting QB and top two WRs, and starting TE...Tyler Beatty was outstanding in place of Babin and Chris Wilson and Kory Theodore stepped up at wideout...we're loaded at the skill positions.

Larry Hart and the UCA D-line was a non-factor...our O-line dominated those guys...great job!!!

JoshUCA
November 1st, 2009, 01:53 AM
Larry Hart and the UCA D-line was a non-factor...our O-line dominated those guys...great job!!!

No joke...and it was downright embarrassing! Good win Lions and good luck the rest of the season!