PDA

View Full Version : Will Matt Flynn transfer from LSU

JohnStOnge
December 17th, 2005, 08:51 AM
He'll be starting the bowl game for LSU but in the long run he's a redshirt sophmore with another redshirt sophmore (Jamarcus Russell) ahead of him on the depth chart as well as 2004's #1 rated quarterback recruit, Ryan Perriloux (sp?) on the roster...and Perriloux will be a redshirt freshman next season. Most local fans and media appear to believe he's destined for a backup career if he stays with the Tigers.

I asked a sports talk radio host about it this morning...kind of joking...and to my surprise he said there's been talk about it and that Texas State has come up.

Ok...it's a rumor but it's an interesting one because the guy is a big time quarterback who I think would start at many BCS league schools. He's just in a bad spot with two REALLY big time recruits on the roster with him. He's got a live arm and very good feet.

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Why would he want to go to TxSt? He has no chance of starting with George and Wasson there...

Jordan Reever left LSU for Sam Houston St and he may have little chance to see the field as well behind Allen (who is returning), Pate and Daughtry...

JohnStOnge
December 17th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Why would he want to go to TxSt? He has no chance of starting with George and Wasson there...

Jordan Reever left LSU for Sam Houston St and he may have little chance to see the field as well behind Allen (who is returning), Pate and Daughtry...

I don't know anything about George. Wasson looked pretty good to me when I saw him take some snaps for Texas State but I think Flynn would beat him out.

I wouldn't mind you being right about him looking for a place where he's really needed, though, because that might put McNeese in the crosshairs.

Anyway, we'll all get to see him in extended action and form opinions when he plays in the bowl. Only problem is he's playing against Miami's defense and I think that one's as good as there is in college football this year. Should be a defensive game because the two teams are 3 and 5 in total defense as well as 2 and 8 in scoring defense (with Miami having the higher ranking in each case).

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I don't know anything about George. Wasson looked pretty good to me when I saw him take some snaps for Texas State but I think Flynn would beat him out.

George was a pretty solid QB in HS putting up and then got drafted for baseball. Went that route and came back. That's the Wienke mold. People in San Marcos are very high on him and his arm. Definitely won't have anywhere near the mobility of a Nealy or even Wasson for that matter. Word is Wasson may go to WR just to get on the field and also play some QB if need be.

Canyon High School: As a senior at Canyon, ranked 10th in Class 4A in passing, completing 110 of 185 passes for 1,755 yards ... also rushed for over 400 yards and 10 touchdowns ... was a first-team all-district pick as well as first-team All-Greater San Antonio ... was an honorable mention all-state selection ... was a member of the Texas Top 100 in football ... prep coach was Les Goad ... during junior season, squad advanced to the regional finals before losing to arch rival Smithson Valley in the Alamodome ... also played high school baseball and was an all-state team selection.