AppGuy04
December 17th, 2005, 08:16 AM
NFL Draft pick or I-AA Championship game hero

where will his career go?

Appstate03
December 17th, 2005, 12:48 PM

He probably won't get drafted, but he will get a shot as an undrafted free agent.

Mountaineer#96
December 17th, 2005, 01:08 PM
there is enough interest with him from NFL teams that run a 3-4 defense, and his speed is good enough that he likely will get drafted, and play a outside linebacker rush end position. Late in the draft he will get picked up.

Back2Back05
December 17th, 2005, 01:58 PM
96 that is a TERRIBLE PICTURE HA thats COOOOLLDD BLOOODED

Appdad
December 17th, 2005, 02:01 PM

Why "OR" :)

He is a I-AA Championship game hero and he can take that success to anything he decides to do.

PantherMan
December 17th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Hunter just about single-handedly won the IAA championship game last night! I knew he was good, but he was OUTSTANDING last night. A lot of people were giving Williams credit, but physically on the field, he wasn't the deciding factor. He may have sparked his teammates emotionally, but Hunter did it physically! He should get a look at a late round draft pick. Probably a convert to OLB in the NFL though.

SoCon48
December 18th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Hunter just about single-handedly won the IAA championship game last night! I knew he was good, but he was OUTSTANDING last night. A lot of people were giving Williams credit, but physically on the field, he wasn't the deciding factor. He may have sparked his teammates emotionally, but Hunter did it physically! He should get a look at a late round draft pick. Probably a convert to OLB in the NFL though.

You forget Richie kept control of the ball from UNI which was just as important as Jason running wild on the ]panthers[/COLOR].

PantherMan
December 18th, 2005, 02:13 PM
You forget Richie kept control of the ball from UNI which was just as important as Jason running wild on the ]panthers[/COLOR].

I disagree. What Hunter did was MUCH more impressive than anything I saw from Williams Friday night. Hunter was the best player on the field. Williams, injured or not, was not close to this distinction. Our team finally ran into a couple of individuals we could not overcome. Hunter almost single-handedly won the National Championship for ASU. I'll be looking for him on Sunday's!

AppFootballAlum
December 18th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I disagree. What Hunter did was MUCH more impressive than anything I saw from Williams Friday night. Hunter was the best player on the field. Williams, injured or not, was not close to this distinction. Our team finally ran into a couple of individuals we could not overcome. Hunter almost single-handedly won the National Championship for ASU. I'll be looking for him on Sunday's!

Agree

Black and Gold Express
December 18th, 2005, 06:53 PM

Agreed. UNI did a good job in getting to Trey, and forcing him to make some errors that showed his inexperience. They also put a couple of vicious (and legal) shots on him and Richardson too. They forced us for the first time all year to become a one dimensional team, and thusly shut us down like nobody in I-AA has this year.

And we all know my feelings on Richie's impact on the game, and that UNI made sure he was not a factor (though some would like to play up this tidbit more than is needed...).

The game came down to could ASU's defense survive the offenses multiple miscues, and make the big play late and swing momentum. And they did that.

youwouldno
December 18th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Hunter is a good one. I doubt he's going to get drafted but he'll get a shot at LB. In the App-Furman game, Murrell was pretty well contained while Hunter was everywhere. I think 'Thunder' and 'Lightning' in App's secondary are going to miss him, very badly.

UNH 40
December 19th, 2005, 06:49 AM
It all depends on how he worksout for scouts in the 40, agility and strength. The NFL doesn't care how good you were in College especially in I-AA. It is all about speed and athletism. I would say that he is a late rounder.

PantherMan
December 19th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Hunter is a good one. I doubt he's going to get drafted but he'll get a shot at LB. In the App-Furman game, Murrell was pretty well contained while Hunter was everywhere. I think 'Thunder' and 'Lightning' in App's secondary are going to miss him, very badly.

I kind of had the same impression. While the secondary looked pretty good, a lot of their success this season; I have a feeling, was the result of forced throws resulting from the ASU DE's.

Saint3333
December 19th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I have a feeling with the facility enhancement announcement, gameday atmosphere, record crowds, and of course a national championship ASU will have a good recruiting year. Thunder and Lightening are the real deal and both will likely be all-americans again next year.

youwouldno
December 19th, 2005, 12:16 PM
I have a feeling with the facility enhancement announcement, gameday atmosphere, record crowds, and of course a national championship ASU will have a good recruiting year. Thunder and Lightening are the real deal and both will likely be all-americans again next year.

That's what GSU fans said about Bryant and Muhammed. Football is a team sport... I'm sure App's defense will be fine, but losing Hunter will hurt.

DinoDex200
December 19th, 2005, 12:39 PM
That's what GSU fans said about Bryant and Muhammed. Football is a team sport... I'm sure App's defense will be fine, but losing Hunter will hurt.

No doubt...

That is the only position of real concern for me. Not worried about Trey...we lose 2 LB's, but the 2 replacing them are arguably better, just younger in Cam Speer, and Pierre Banks. Hunter is the biggest loss...the guy that seemed ear-marked to replace him, Austin Guarino, messed his knee up, and missed this season. Coming off an injury with monstrous shoes to fill is not a good situation.

Saint3333
December 19th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Losing Josh Jefferies hurt, losing KT Stovall Hurt, losing Hunter will hurt, losing Murrell next will hurt. ASU has had great DEs for the last 10+ years, it hurts everytime one of them leaves, but we always seem to find another one.

Mr. C
December 19th, 2005, 01:38 PM
No doubt...

That is the only position of real concern for me. Not worried about Trey...we lose 2 LB's, but the 2 replacing them are arguably better, just younger in Cam Speer, and Pierre Banks. Hunter is the biggest loss...the guy that seemed ear-marked to replace him, Austin Guarino, messed his knee up, and missed this season. Coming off an injury with monstrous shoes to fill is not a good situation.
Probably the best linebacker coming back for ASU hasn't even played a down of college football yet. The team managed to redshirt Jacque Roman, who is better talent-wise than any of the current players at the position. He was talk of camp and had some great scrimmages. The Mountaineers have had a lot of great LBs over the years and you will be able to add Roman to this list. I think Guarino will be fine, particularly with Marques Murrell on the other side. And the ASU secondary has a couple of guys, safety Billy Riddle and cornerback Dominique Dingle, who are backups, but could start at almost any other school in I-AA.