PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Football Budgets

Jacks02
October 22nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
Nothing earthshattering here as this is something that most Jackrabbit fan have known exists, but an article from the SDSU beat writer talking about the range of budgets for MVFC football programs. We are making strides, but still have a long ways to go.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20091022/SPORTS0202/910220311/1002/SPORTS

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c Post%3a0eeae707-c52d-4600-af28-2da57d779fd7&sid=sitelife.argusleader.com

MplsBison
October 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Two things:

1) what entails a football budget?

Scholarships, coaches/personnel, equipment, travel, recruiting, and ????

2) Indiana State admin have got to be asking themselves "what the heck are we getting for our 2 million a year?!"

ValleyChamp
October 22nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Two things:

2) Indiana State admin have got to be asking themselves "what the heck are we getting for our 2 million a year?!"

NDSU is spending more than ISU, and getting about the same production right now. So, I'm guessing they are asking the same questions.xrulesx

danefan
October 22nd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Two things:

I think you pretty much nailed it. Sometimes it includes capital expenditures, but usually only if the stadium is football only.

MSUBear42
October 22nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
I think you pretty much nailed it. Sometimes it includes capital expenditures, but usually only if the stadium is football only.

That's the way it is at MSU...

Mn_Moose
October 22nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
UNI and SIU also have to pay for an additional two, three or four games each year that the Dakota schools never have to concern themselves with. :D

BearsCountry
October 22nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
I would like nothing more than to see Indiana State knock off NDSU just to see the meltdown from mpls and lakes.

Disclaimer sorry to the rest of NDSU, most of you are great fans and wish you the best.

MTBison
October 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
I would like nothing more than to see Indiana State knock off NDSU just to see the meltdown from mpls and lakes.

Disclaimer sorry to the rest of NDSU, most of you are great fans and wish you the best.

Please don't wish that upon us, I am having a difficult time sleeping as it is.

MSUBear42
October 22nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
Please don't wish that upon us, I am having a difficult time sleeping as it is.

Then tell plms and lakes to S H U T U P!!!!!!

MplsBison
October 22nd, 2009, 03:58 PM

If I were you I'd be more concerned with trying to sneak out of Fargo with a W.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see NDSU run the table against the 2nd tier MVFC programs.

Lost to SIU, UNI, SDSU, the cream of the MVFC crop this year. Tough loss to a vastly improved IL State team (and still one of the better programs in the MVFC), Sam Houston, which could win the Southland with a win over SFA on Sat, and Iowa State a BCS school.

Suddenly the season doesn't look as bad as the record indicates.

pantherbacker
October 22nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
It still looks bad

Rabbitlivinginverm
October 22nd, 2009, 04:22 PM

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see NDSU run the table against the 2nd tier MVFC programs.

Lost to SIU, UNI, SDSU, the cream of the MVFC crop this year. Tough loss to a vastly improved IL State team (and still one of the better programs in the MVFC), Sam Houston, which could win the Southland with a win over SFA on Sat, and Iowa State a BCS school.

I find it more than a little funny that Bison fans are justifying their piss poor record. Granted, maybe your playing a tougher schedule than you're use to but get over it already and start winning games! Note to Bison fans, you aren't even a 2nd tier MVFC team right now. You're only equal is Indiana State.xoopsx

ValleyChamp
October 22nd, 2009, 04:30 PM

man, that was a big stretch right there.xlolx

mango43
October 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
UNI and SIU also have to pay for an additional two, three or four games each year that the Dakota schools never have to concern themselves with. :D

Since they have been eligible for all of two seasons. And I wouldn't be so sure about that this year xthumbsupx