PDA

View Full Version : Substance Over Style

CSN Log
October 22nd, 2009, 12:00 AM
10-21-2009 11:52 PM

Substance Over Style

Richmond’s Eric Ward posts impressive numbers where it counts most.

Flash doesn’t define Richmond quarterback Eric Ward. His statistics alone aren’t likely to blow away passive observers.

“We’re not a spread offense where [he] throws 50 times a game and we’re not an offense that requires him to be a part of the running game,” explained Spiders head coach Mike London.

But Ward has compiled impressive numbers throughout his career perhaps more important than any individual mark.

“Just look at the record, and look at his career and what he’s doing now. He’s made the case to be considered one of the best in the country,” London said.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/10/22/substance-over-style?blog=2#more5712)

ur2k
October 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
Substance Over Style Richmond's Eric Ward posts impressive numbers where it counts most

This writer gets it. Ward doesn't put up gaudy stats but just wins games.

Nice to see another article for one of our players over at ncaa.com. There was one on Kevin Grayson a few weeks back.

appmountaineer
October 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
I have a great amount of respect for Ward. His poise last year vs. ASU was incredible. After loosing to Richmond, I cheered for them against UNI and then attended the Championship game. He is an outstanding leader for an scary Richmond squad. I just hope APP gets a chance to face them in the playoffs this year.

MacThor
October 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Only one team has beaten the Eric Ward-led Spiders in the playoffs: ASU.
Only one team has beaten Edwards-led ASU in the playoffs: UR.

If they both make the field, let's hope the committee recognizes this and puts them in opposite sides of the bracket this year. What a great NC story it could be for the final games of their college careers.

Bam
October 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Only one team has beaten the Eric Ward-led Spiders in the playoffs: ASU.
Only one team has beaten Edwards-led ASU in the playoffs: UR.

If they both make the field, let's hope the committee recognizes this and puts them in opposite sides of the bracket this year. What a great NC story it could be for the final games of their college careers.

Good idea & UR's first game can be against an MVC team, not another OVC victim, no I mean team. xeyebrowx

ur2k
October 22nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
I'd rather get APP in the semis as the final game at UR stadium.