View Full Version : MEAC - Week 8 Predictions

DSUrocks07
October 21st, 2009, 07:42 AM
Another week of MEAC football is upon us. With SC State winning the presumed "Battle for the MEAC crown" last week over Florida A&M, it would appear that the conference is on cruise control until the Playoffs. However, that is far from the truth. Even though the Bulldogs have a game in hand over FAMU, the Bears of Morgan State are lurking in the shadows. Also at 5-1 and undefeated in conference play, MSU will face both FAMU and SCSU later this year, and right now hold their own destiny in their hands.

It is Homecoming week as well, and SC State continues down the road to the MEAC AQ on the road this week against the Hampton Pirates, always a challenge in conference play. Florida A&M hosts the Spartans of Norfolk State who seems to always play the Rattlers tough. Morgan State will travel to DSU's Homecoming who are coming off their game with Michigan. A&T heads up to D.C. to play the Bison of Howard and Bethune-Cookman will attempt to continue their winning streak against the CIAA bound and winless WSSU Rams.

GAMES THIS WEEK:

North Carolina A&T @ Howard
1:00pm

Morgan State @ Delaware State
1:00pm

South Carolina State @ Hampton
2:00pm

Norfolk State @ Florida A&M
3:00pm

Winston-Salem State @ Bethune-Cookman
4:00pm

MoBear
October 21st, 2009, 09:03 AM
NCA&T wins this game on defense. NCA&T is still about 1 or 2 years away from being a contender in the MEAC
NCA&T 17 HoU 3

Morgan St @ Delaware St
Morgan is doing alot better then i thought but they are living on the edge. They need more production out of there passing game. If not they wont stand a chance against SCSU or FAMU but they do have a chance in this game against DSU. With Devan James running good I have faith in MSU. I don't think Elko (DSU backup) is ready to start. If Gaud was playing I bet DSU but he's not so i'm going MSU
MSU 14 DSU 10

Hampton has to rebuild and it's a shame because L.Coker is running well. Bynes is a good QB but they are not getting the job done. I predict Ford to have a big running day and for Long to just manage the game. The Bulldogs win this easy.
SCSU 27 HiU 7

This wiill be the MEAC game of the week. FAMU is going to be looking for revenge and they are going to be taking it out on NSU but NSU will not be a push over. Bell is playing like a beast and Brown has alot of confidence in him. Pulley will throw for about 250+ but they are going to need to ground it out a little. FAMU will go undefeated for the rest of the year but this game will not be easy.
FAMU 27 NSU 24

This will be the MEAC sleeper of the week. It will also be a game that Coach Wyatt cannot loose. I don't think he should be on the hot seat but if he looses this game he will be. WSSU is having a horrible year going back down to DII CIAA. They will be hungry for a win and the only team left on there schedule that looks like a winnable game is against Bethune-Cookman. I just don't see the wildcats being the Redskins this Saturday.
BCC 21 WSSU 14

GOODY26
October 21st, 2009, 11:01 AM
NCA&T wins this game on defense. NCA&T is still about 1 or 2 years away from being a contender in the MEAC
NCA&T 17 HoU 3

Morgan St @ Delaware St
Morgan is doing alot better then i thought but they are living on the edge. They need more production out of there passing game. If not they wont stand a chance against SCSU or FAMU but they do have a chance in this game against DSU. With Devan James running good I have faith in MSU. I don't think Elko (DSU backup) is ready to start. If Gaud was playing I bet DSU but he's not so i'm going MSU
MSU 14 DSU 10

Hampton has to rebuild and it's a shame because L.Coker is running well. Bynes is a good QB but they are not getting the job done. I predict Ford to have a big running day and for Long to just manage the game. The Bulldogs win this easy.
SCSU 27 HiU 7

This wiill be the MEAC game of the week. FAMU is going to be looking for revenge and they are going to be taking it out on NSU but NSU will not be a push over. Bell is playing like a beast and Brown has alot of confidence in him. Pulley will throw for about 250+ but they are going to need to ground it out a little. FAMU will go undefeated for the rest of the year but this game will not be easy.
FAMU 27 NSU 24

This will be the MEAC sleeper of the week. It will also be a game that Coach Wyatt cannot loose. I don't think he should be on the hot seat but if he looses this game he will be. WSSU is having a horrible year going back down to DII CIAA. They will be hungry for a win and the only team left on there schedule that looks like a winnable game is against Bethune-Cookman. I just don't see the wildcats being the Redskins this Saturday.
BCC 21 WSSU 14

http://www.nsuspartans.com/images/2009/10/17/rp_primary_DennisBrown_09_Ham124.jpg

I concur, this is a good assessment

iceman4221
October 21st, 2009, 12:04 PM
http://www.nsuspartans.com/images/2009/10/17/rp_primary_DennisBrown_09_Ham124.jpg

I concur, this is a good assessment

Ditto what he said - however, SCSU will do whatever's necessary to acquired "Style Points" for the remainder of the season, so the number of points scored will be a lil more than those predicted... xsmiley_wix

Big Dawg
October 21st, 2009, 03:19 PM
FAMU is PISSED and it's Homecoming...I know NSU is decent, but I just don't see us losing this one.

Pitbull
October 21st, 2009, 03:29 PM
We are going to be in a tough one on Saturday against HiU....
SCSU 28
HiU 17

NSU is going to give FAMU fits...They will try the same tactics we did to keep Vann out of the game and to keep Pulley contained...FAMU has a big problem stopiing the run and running the ball (except w/ Pulley) This may come down to a last minute FG....
Toss up game...

Big Dawg
October 21st, 2009, 03:46 PM
SCSU 28
HiU 17

NSU is going to give FAMU fits...They will try the same tactics we did to keep Vann out of the game and to keep Pulley contained...FAMU has a big problem stopiing the run and running the ball (except w/ Pulley) This may come down to a last minute FG....
Toss up game...

We don't have a problemrunning the ball...just SCSU beat our O-linemen up front. The only other team I see giving FAMU's O-line problems like that is Morgan State.

I seriously doubt, FAMU screws up for the rest of the season.

Pitbull
October 21st, 2009, 04:11 PM
We don't have a problemrunning the ball...just SCSU beat our O-linemen up front. The only other team I see giving FAMU's O-line problems like that is Morgan State.

I seriously doubt, FAMU screws up for the rest of the season.

I would rather you guys win out...But I'm just looking at what I saw on last Saturday...NSU has a pretty decent defense....and their RB Branche is no joke....

Big Dawg
October 21st, 2009, 04:21 PM
I would rather you guys win out...But I'm just looking at what I saw on last Saturday...NSU has a pretty decent defense....and their RB Branche is no joke....

Yeah, he's pretty decent, but I'm HOPING that the Joe Taylor and Defensive Coord. went back and studied that SCSU film. We can't start off flat against the Spartans.

FAMu just looked so tired, in the 1st half, on Saturday.

BulldogWillie
October 21st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Every game S.C. State plays is a big game. We've reached the midway point of the season,and S.C. State and Morgan State is tied atop the MEAC standings. Both fans from the afore mentioned schools will be watching one another this Saturday as bot schools play in all important games.

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
DSU has been a schizo team this year, I wouldn't be surprised whether we lose out or win out. We have the potential to do so. Wouldn't be a story if we hand Morgan and SC State a loss. That would really throw the MEAC into a tailspin.

Big Dawg
October 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
DSU has been a schizo team this year, I wouldn't be surprised whether we lose out or win out. We have the potential to do so. Wouldn't be a story if we hand Morgan and SC State a loss. That would really throw the MEAC into a tailspin.

That would make things VERY interesting...

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
That would make things VERY interesting...

The tie-breaker scenarios alone would drive LHN and TT crazy xlolx

DSU beats Morgan, SCSU. Loss to FAMU. finishes...IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE WE FINISH AT!! xlolx

FAMU
beats Morgan, loss to SCSU and NSU (not much of a stretch in all honesty)
finishes 6-2

SCSU beats FAMU, loss to DSU loss to Morgan finishes 6-2

Morgan beats SCSU, loss to DSU and FAMU finishes 6-2

Then it would really be a coin flip.

xsmiley_wix xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

WestCoastAggie
October 23rd, 2009, 04:51 PM

DSU beats Morgan, SCSU. Loss to FAMU. finishes...IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE WE FINISH AT!! xlolx

FAMU
finishes 6-2

SC State would WIN that Coin Flip... xwhistlex

BTW: I see more MEACFans coming over here. I wonder why? xwhistlex xsmhx

iceman4221
October 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM

FAMU
finishes 6-2

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx Hypothetically speaking stuff like this can happen on "AnyGivenSaturday", however, that chit you wrote ain't happen this year... xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx The "Back to Back" MEAC Football Champions is the 2009 SCSU Football team's "DeStInY"!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Big Dawg
October 23rd, 2009, 05:24 PM

I was the first one...xlolx...I joined back in 2003 or 2004

Big Dawg
October 23rd, 2009, 05:26 PM

FAMU
finishes 6-2

Only thing is that NSU WILL NOT beat FAMU...on our HOMECOMING while we're coming off a loss...xlolx

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2009, 05:28 PM
North Carolina A&T - 28
Howard - 10

The Aggies are on the rise, if the finish the year strong watch out for them next year.

Morgan State - 17
Delaware State - 21

Homer pick of the week xlolx. The weather will definitely be a factor as DSU grinds out a win for homecoming.

SC State - 31
Hampton - 24

Hampton is no slouch, and they're not about to lay down for their homecoming. It seems they play a bad game, then a great one, then a bad one...well guess which one is next. This game will come down to the final drive.

Norfolk State - 37
Florida A&M - 30

The blueprint to shutting down the FAMU offense was exposed by SC State last Saturday. NSU's offense is clicking and will put up points on FAMU's defense. The question is what is the mentality of the Rattlers after getting systematically outplayed in the biggest game of the year for them.

WSSU - 3
Bethune-Cookman - 28

BCU is gaining confidence, and as a young team thats more dangerous than any schemes or talent advantage. Something that the CIAA bound Rams has little of. I sense that WSSU is waving the white flag on this season.

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx Hypothetically speaking stuff like this can happen on "AnyGivenSaturday", however, that chit you wrote ain't happen this year... xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx The "Back to Back" MEAC Football Champions is the 2009 SCSU Football team's "DeStInY"!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

this IS the prediction thread. the onus is on the Bulldogs to prove me wrong xlolxxlolxxlolx

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2009, 05:36 PM

Its turning into a semi-annual event over there xnonono2x

BulldogWillie
October 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM

Perhaps its because a certain school took a massive butt spanking last Saturday. Then they get mad when we smack on them,only to revert to pulling the plug.xsmhx

BulldogWillie
October 23rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
this IS the prediction thread. the onus is on the Bulldogs to prove me wrong xlolxxlolxxlolx

Keep on rappin', look for that to happen.xnodx

iceman4221
October 24th, 2009, 02:50 AM

You started the thread with a title that says, "Week 8 Predictions" and then proceeded to "spiraled-out" into a discussion about DSU upsetting SCSU and Morgan State doing the same... Those contest are in week 9 & 11 of this season... Stay focused and on point something DSU's Football team has not been able to do all season... xeekx xeekx xeekx

Unless, our entire team comes down with the swine flu and we forfeit to DSU, this WEEK 9 Contest is gonna be a Blowout win By SCSU over DSU... 3 score margin of victory or greater unless BUDDY wants to keep it interesting and we only win by 1... xlolx xlolx xlolx

I predicted during the summer that DSU would have a huge dropoff in wins in 2009 and nothing has materialized to change that prediction... With MSU, SCSU and NSU remaining on your schedule, you guys are probably losing 2-3 more and definitely losing to SCSU... xnodx xnodx xnodx

Another losing campaign after the promise of the 2005-2007 seasons one would have thought DSU was building a nice football program, but after that debacle against Delaware in the playoffs, its seems you have been slap back into your place - mediocrity... Thats too bad, because a good DSU is great for the MEAC... :(

Big Dawg
October 24th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Perhaps its because a certain school took a massive butt spanking last Saturday. Then they get mad when we smack on them,only to revert to pulling the plug.xsmhx

Man stop cryin...

DSUrocks07
October 24th, 2009, 03:50 PM
You started the thread with a title that says, "Week 8 Predictions" and then proceeded to "spiraled-out" into a discussion about DSU upsetting SCSU and Morgan State doing the same... Those contest are in week 9 & 11 of this season... Stay focused and on point something DSU's Football team has not been able to do all season... xeekx xeekx xeekx

Unless, our entire team comes down with the swine flu and we forfeit to DSU, this WEEK 9 Contest is gonna be a Blowout win By SCSU over DSU... 3 score margin of victory or greater unless BUDDY wants to keep it interesting and we only win by 1... xlolx xlolx xlolx

I predicted during the summer that DSU would have a huge dropoff in wins in 2009 and nothing has materialized to change that prediction... With MSU, SCSU and NSU remaining on your schedule, you guys are probably losing 2-3 more and definitely losing to SCSU... xnodx xnodx xnodx

Another losing campaign after the promise of the 2005-2007 seasons one would have thought DSU was building a nice football program, but after that debacle against Delaware in the playoffs, its seems you have been slap back into your place - mediocrity... Thats too bad, because a good DSU is great for the MEAC... :(

Can we start talking about next week now???xwhistlex

Big Dawg
October 24th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Told you that FAMU wouldn't lose on Homecoming...FAMU 34 NSU 20 Final

DSUrocks07
October 24th, 2009, 06:12 PM

I stand corrected xthumbsupx

There's still hope for the Rattlers and a playoff spot xnodx

Pitbull
October 24th, 2009, 06:20 PM

You all looked good today...xthumbsupx

WestCoastAggie
October 24th, 2009, 06:50 PM
The Hornets threw a BIG wrench into the Bears plans for winning the MEAC this season.
BTW: Since the Rattlers won their HC Game, can you all turn back on MEACFans.com

DSUrocks07
October 24th, 2009, 07:37 PM
The Hornets threw a BIG wrench into the Bears plans for winning the MEAC this season.
BTW: Since the Rattlers won their HC Game, can you all turn back on MEACFans.com

http://community.meacfans.com/groupee:(

yeah please?? so i can resume my lurking duties xlolx

R.A.
October 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I stand corrected xthumbsupx

There's still hope for the Rattlers and a playoff spot xnodx

Furman & Colgate lost today, so that should help FAMU out in the long run.

But FAMU's gotta keep winning.

R.A.
October 24th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Our coach lost the game for us today.

He probably won't be back next season.

inpsite1919
October 25th, 2009, 02:26 AM
SCSU 28
HiU 17

Good call

inpsite1919
October 25th, 2009, 02:40 AM

Lets Go Hornets!!!
Don't mind us...we're just here to ruin your season...SOMEBODY CALL THE POUND!! DA BULLDOGS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK...

LOL :)!!!!!! Now that is a real funny signature. Just remember all good things take time, so if you want to rush and keep track of how long it will be before you get that high-quality tail cutting on Halloween. Have a good time and enjoy yourself. xlolx
xpeacex

iceman4221
October 25th, 2009, 05:06 AM

SCSU will win by at least "1" point and methodically move toward the 2009 MEAC Football Championship... xcoffeex

Pitbull
October 25th, 2009, 08:56 AM
An Al Lavan coached team always worries me.......After this weeks battle w/ HiU I think we will be ready.....But they won't take DSU lightly...I was at that homecoming game DSU won at OCD...I was sick to my stomach until the following year.......

Runner
October 25th, 2009, 09:06 AM
FAMU added a few new wrinkles to their offense. Instead of the Wildcat, they are calling it the Rattlesnake, with Vann and Kevin Elliot taking snaps from the center.

Runner
October 25th, 2009, 09:38 AM
What's up with MEACFanPage?

WestCoastAggie
October 25th, 2009, 09:40 AM

Ask the Rattlers... xwhistlex

BulldogWillie
October 25th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Man stop cryin...

No.YOU stop cryin'. Sheesh!xsmhx

BulldogWillie
October 25th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Ask the Rattlers... xwhistlex

And then ask him why the MEAC Fan Page isn't up.xnonox

WestCoastAggie
October 25th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Our coach lost the game for us today.

He probably won't be back next season.

If Howard spent the money they spent on their HC festivities on the Football team, they would have a good team. xwhistlex

BTW: How does Howard allow a Step Team from A&T (BE. Chapter of A Phi A) win their step show? xlolx

What an overhyped Homecoming weekend for Howard. xwhistlex

iceman4221
October 25th, 2009, 11:04 AM
FAMU added a few new wrinkles to their offense. Instead of the Wildcat, they are calling it the Rattlesnake, with Vann and Kevin Elliot taking snaps from the center.

That's a nice wrinkle to add to an otherwise anemic rushing game (outside of the QB that is)...xnodx

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2009, 11:06 AM

You mean FAMUFanPage? xlolx

Isn't it obvious that FAMU is the face of the MEAC?

Without FAMU there is no MEAC.

At least that's what their fans tell us everyday...xrolleyesx

iceman4221
October 25th, 2009, 11:06 AM

Talk to [email protected] since he's the administrator xcoffeex

iceman4221
October 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM

They're not the face of the MEAC based on the nbr of Championships in Football nor Basketball, but they are certainly the OWNERS of the MEACFANS.com domain and have the power and will to pull the plug on the site at any time... But they're not the only ones with Computer Scientist and/or MIS professionals, that know their way around the Internet xsmiley_wix

We know who you are MEACFANS.com administrator...

WestCoastAggie
October 25th, 2009, 11:19 AM
They're not the face of the MEAC based on the nbr of Championships in Football nor Basketball, but they are certainly the OWNERS of the MEACFANS.com domain and have the power and will to pull the plug on the site at any time... But they're not the only ones with Computer Scientist and/or MIS professionals, that know their way around the Internet xsmiley_wix

We know who you are MEACFANS.com administrator...

Turn the page back on! We can't do the same ish over here that we can do there. Even the Smack Page here is Rated PG.

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2009, 11:26 AM
How about WSSU picking up their first win over BCU? Is Wyatt still safe?

Big Dawg
October 25th, 2009, 12:54 PM
No.YOU stop cryin'. Sheesh!xsmhx

You the one crying about some dayum conspiracy theory...xlolx

Big Dawg
October 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM

Actually this statement is VERY true and has been for YEARS...xnodx

R.A.
October 25th, 2009, 03:02 PM

Well, it took Taylor long enough to give Vann some offensive downs...

R.A.
October 25th, 2009, 03:06 PM
\

What an overhyped Homecoming weekend for Howard. xwhistlex

You're crazy for this statement.

And we have actually reduced homecoming spending.

Big Dawg
October 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM

EXACTLY!!!

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2009, 05:09 PM

Devin Hester much? xwhistlex

What year is Vann? We might see him switch to WR next year if he has eligibility left.

Big Dawg
October 25th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Devin Hester much? xwhistlex

What year is Vann? We might see him switch to WR next year if he has eligibility left.

He's a senior

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2009, 05:11 PM
He's a senior

Fourth or fifth-year?

R.A.
October 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM
He WON'T be back next season.

But this surprised me Big Dawg. Taylor had speedsters Z. Smith, J.Mathis, and M. McDaniel ball'n for him at Hampton.

Having Vann run under some fade routes seems like a no brainer.

MoBear
October 26th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I was 3/5 this weekend in my predictions. I did not think DSU would beat Morgan but I didn't think Glaud would play. Glaud makes that team better Elko is just not ready. I also didn't see BCC going down to WSSU. Wyatt is going to be on the hot seat. Going down to a winless team that is going back down to DII does not look good on your record.

FAMU is going to be on a tear to try and get that at-large bids. MSU didn't help the cause losing to DSU. NSU needs a QB because this is a good team and they have the talent but tere QB is hurting them.(Just like Morgan)

SCSU could go undefeated in the MEAC for 2 years straight with no one in there way to stop them. Who was the last team in the MEAC(or FCS) to do that?

B.T.W
Howard has the best homecoming on the east coast. I don't even go to the clubs I just go to the hotel parties.

iceman4221
October 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
xnodx Wyatt is going to be on the hot seat. Going down to a winless team that is going back down to DII does not look good on your record. xnodx

xnodx FAMU is going to be on a tear to try and get that at-large bids. xnodx

NSU needs a QB because this is a good team and they have the talent but there QB is hurting them.(Just like Morgan) Dennis Brown tries to force things and carry the team on his shoulder too much, usually resulting in turnovers

SCSU could go undefeated in the MEAC for 2 years straight with no one in there way to stop them. Who was the last team in the MEAC(or FCS) to do that? FAMU '95 & '96 SCSU '80 & '81 and SCSU '77 & '78

You are definitely on point with this point

BulldogWillie
October 26th, 2009, 06:55 PM
You the one crying about some dayum conspiracy theory...xlolxYOU LIE!!!xlolx

You're the one xbawlingx after my Bulldogs administered a massive beat down. Now your administrator won't turn the stinkin' fan page back on. xrolleyesx:p

Big Dawg
October 26th, 2009, 07:04 PM
YOU LIE!!!xlolx

You're the one xbawlingx after my Bulldogs administered a massive beat down. Now your administrator won't turn the stinkin' fan page back on. xrolleyesx:p

PLEASE...who was cryin...we got beat, but we ain't packin it in for a season.xrotatehx