PDA

View Full Version : ODU completes 2010 schedule with...

Monarch History
October 19th, 2009, 07:25 PM
ODU completed its 2010 schedule after adding Cal Poly. This is a nice but much more difficult schedule than this year's with the addition of W&M, Cal Poly, and Gardner-Webb.

vs. Jacksonville, Sept. 4
@ Campbell, Sept. 11
vs. William and Mary, Sept. 18
@ Monmouth, Sept. 25
vs. Gardner-Webb, Oct. 2
vs Cal Poly, Oct. 9
OPEN Oct. 16
vs. Georgia State, Oct. 23
@ Georgetown,Oct. 30
vs. Savannah State, Nov. 6
vs. VMI, Nov. 13.
@ Presbyterian Nov. 20

SO ILLmatic
October 19th, 2009, 07:34 PM
ODU completed its 2010 schedule after adding Cal Poly. This is a nice but much more difficult schedule than this year's with the addition of W&M, Cal Poly, and Gardner-Webb.

@ Campbell, Sept. 11
@ Monmouth, Sept. 25
vs. Gardner-Webb, Oct. 2
vs Cal Poly, Oct. 9
OPEN Oct. 16
@ Georgetown,Oct. 30
vs. VMI, Nov. 13.
@ Presbyterian Nov. 20

W
W
L
W
W
L
W
W
W
W
W
9 & 2, not to shabby for a sophomore season.

msusig
October 19th, 2009, 07:52 PM
As far as I know, McNeese 2010 schedule is:
Lamar
at Missouri
Southern
OPEN
at Northwestern St.
at LSU
SFA
at Southeastern LA
Nicholls St.
at Sam Houston
Texas State
at Central Arkansas

2 good FBS teams and no Div. 2 teams seems rough.

tribe_pride
October 19th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I like the 2nd year schedule and you get your 2 toughest games at home as well as 7 of 11 for the 2nd year in a row. Enjoy that while you are an independent.

tribe_pride
October 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Lamar
at Missouri
Southern
OPEN
at Northwestern St.
at LSU
SFA
at Southeastern LA
Nicholls St.
at Sam Houston
Texas State
at Central Arkansas

Will Lamar count as a D-I game for playoffs? If not, McNeese will have to go undefeated outside of its FBS and Lamar game. That is rough. No room for error.

Monarch History
October 20th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I like the 2nd year schedule and you get your 2 toughest games at home as well as 7 of 11 for the 2nd year in a row. Enjoy that while you are an independent.

I know that a seven home game schedule changes in 2011 when we begin CAA play. We'll enjoy it while we can. Although I look forward to games against our CAA opponents, I'm not looking forward to the results that first year (2011). This second year schedule will let us know where we are and how much more work needs to be done.

elon77
October 20th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I was hoping they would play Elon next year.

RabidRabbit
October 20th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Lamar
at Missouri
Southern
OPEN
at Northwestern St.
at LSU
SFA
at Southeastern LA
Nicholls St.
at Sam Houston
Texas State
at Central Arkansas

Lamar a counter for next year? If so, that's a reasonable shot at a 8-3, 9-2 schedule. But VERY DEPENDENT on sweeping through to AQ, or one-loss co-champ.

bullseye44
October 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM

@ Campbell, Sept. 11
@ Monmouth, Sept. 25
vs. Gardner-Webb, Oct. 2
vs Cal Poly, Oct. 9
OPEN Oct. 16
@ Georgetown,Oct. 30
vs. VMI, Nov. 13.
@ Presbyterian Nov. 20

Interesting, so that means W&M is @UNC and @ODU next year out of conference. I guess that means we aren't playing a home and home with CCSU for 7 road games out of 11. Here's to hoping we add VMI back to the schedule - this year was the first time I can ever remember us not playing them.

tribe_pride
October 20th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Interesting, so that means W&M is @UNC and @ODU next year out of conference. I guess that means we aren't playing a home and home with CCSU for 7 road games out of 11. Here's to hoping we add VMI back to the schedule - this year was the first time I can ever remember us not playing them.

VMI is back on the schedule next year. They asked us and paid for CCSU to come to Williamsburg this year. Just a 1 time thing.

aceinthehole
October 20th, 2009, 01:58 PM
VMI is back on the schedule next year. They asked us and paid for CCSU to come to Williamsburg this year. Just a 1 time thing.

Actually, ODU paid CCSU $70k to come to Willamsburg this year so they could put off their matchup with the Tribe for 1 year.

sikolec
October 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Awesome addition with Cal Poly :)

Good to see we've scheduled you guys. Any word of if its a Home and Home?

Monarch Nation
October 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Actually, ODU paid CCSU $70k to come to Willamsburg this year so they could put off their matchup with the Tribe for 1 year.

And it was worth every penny. W&M would have creamed us this year, and probably will next year as well.

Cal Poly is a one and done deal. Too bad we aren't returning the game, but that is how it is scheduled.

sikolec
October 20th, 2009, 03:35 PM
And it was worth every penny. W&M would have creamed us this year, and probably will next year as well.

Cal Poly is a one and done deal. Too bad we aren't returning the game, but that is how it is scheduled.

Darn...I know we are in dire needs of Home games every season...too bad you guys won't be making the trip in 2011.

slostang
October 20th, 2009, 06:12 PM

I like this game for Cal Poly if it were a home and home, but not as a one and done. We need home games bad and if we are going to take a FCS money game there are closer more cost effective games to be found.

Eight Legger
October 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
W
W
L
W
W
L
W
W
W
W
W

Your neurosurgeon called...there was a problem with the operation. Call him back at once.

HoyaMetanoia
October 20th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah. Honestly. You guys think you're going to beat Georgetown? At the Multi Sport Facility? Ha! Good luck.

Monarch History
October 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Why not? We've defeated the Hoya's BB team two times out of three when we played you at McDonough Gym.

tribe_pride
October 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM
Not sure but he may have been kidding since Georgetown has only scored 3 offensive TDs all year and is 0-7.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 21st, 2009, 12:24 PM
That how I took it. Couldn't really be anything other than kidding...

OLDLCOACH111
October 21st, 2009, 12:43 PM
W
W
L
W
W
L
W
W
W
W
W

Wishful Thinking xprayx

7-4 should be about right.... I see 3 automatically that you won't win, and one or two that you may have a chance...

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 12:47 PM
Wishful Thinking xprayx

7-4 should be about right.... I see 3 automatically that you won't win, and one or two that you may have a chance...
You SURE you want to predict ODU games on another thread? You're already 1-2 this year. xsmiley_wix

OLDLCOACH111
October 21st, 2009, 01:38 PM
You SURE you want to predict ODU games on another thread? You're already 1-2 this year. xsmiley_wix

Positivexthumbsupx