PDA

View Full Version : 1st half 2009 1st Team SoCon QB

Saint3333
October 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Through 10/17/09 who is your first team all SoCon QB?

Skjellyfetti
October 19th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Armanti Edwards
1,408 yards 5 TD's 1 INT 104 completions 145 attempts 71.7% 163.29 passer rating
283 yards rushing. 8 TD's
1691 total yards. 13 TD's
5 games played

Scott Riddle
1,799 yards 13 TD's 2 INT 149 completions 234 attempts 63.7% 144.88 passer rating
1794 total yards. 15 TD's
6 games played

Pretty damn even thus far, imo.

ElonFirefighter
October 19th, 2009, 06:28 PM
agreed, dont know if I could choose just one

PhoenixPhan06
October 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
You can go with either one of these players as a franchise QB. We're all blessed to witness these two great athletes and I personally can't wait until 11/14!!

TCisMYhero
October 20th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I voted Riddle to negate some of the ASU homers!

eaglewraith
October 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Not that it would really matter...but wouldn't the poll be more fair if it listed all the starting QB's from every team in the conference? It'd only be 9, not like it's that hard.

Mikeyosef
October 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Riddle's a great QB, but based on Apps last 3 games I say AE is first team. He is a once in a life time type of player. Every game he makes several unbelievable plays and there is at least one, "how in the world did he do that" kind of play. These are not fluke plays, he is just that good. When needed, he straps the team to his back and just gets it done.

terrierbob
October 20th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Riddle's a great QB, but based on Apps last 3 games I say AE is first team. He is a once in a life time type of player. Every game he makes several unbelievable plays and there is at least one, "how in the world did he do that" kind of play. These are not fluke plays, he is just that good. When needed, he straps the team to his back and just gets it done.

He did that Saturday.

Mikeyosef
October 20th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Agreed terrierbob. Great effort by you guys. You had a good game plan and executed it well. Without AE on our side, you guys win.

appmaj
October 20th, 2009, 12:56 PM
After Saturday...has to be AE

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the_simpsons/Images/Homer-Simpson-3.jpg

PhoenixMan
October 20th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Riddle is a great pocket passer, can scramble and make things happen, and makes those around him better.....and I am very glad he is at Elon. He has been a joy to watch. Edwards is the kind of football player that often leaves you asking "did he just do that?" He is the first team SoCon QB IMO. Edwards is done after this season.....Riddle will get his fair share of kudos and awards once AE departs.

Phoenix87
October 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Both are good enough and have produced enough to take home 1st team all conference accolades. I think that if both teams are undefeated in the conference going in to their game then the winner takes first and the loser takes second; that is as long as their stats stay similar. I would like to point out though that saying one is better than the other is crazy. These guys have been franchise players for their schools and they are two totally different types of players. Edwards is a phenomenal runner and solid passer (very pat white esq). Riddle is a phenomenal passer and solid runner (drew brees esq). Both Brees and White had great college careers, as have Riddle and Edwards. Edwards was fortunate to come in to a program that was already built while Riddle has helped build what Elon has become.

CAN"T WAIT for the Nov 14 match up between these two. I am shocked that it isn't televised by Sports South or even ESPN (like the Wofford broadcast was picked up last year)

DX Man
October 21st, 2009, 11:37 PM
CAN"T WAIT for the Nov 14 match up between these two. I am shocked that it isn't televised by Sports South or even ESPN (like the Wofford broadcast was picked up last year)

This is not meant as smack, but Elon just doesn't provide an exciting game day atmosphere that would lure a TV network to add the game at the last minute. Maybe your students and fans will start to support your team in bigger numbers and this will change.

Phoenix87
October 22nd, 2009, 12:09 AM
This is not meant as smack, but Elon just doesn't provide an exciting game day atmosphere that would lure a TV network to add the game at the last minute. Maybe your students and fans will start to support your team in bigger numbers and this will change.

Actually the App State game is the one game that brings in a sold out crowd (stands completely full and grass seating on both ends full) at Elon. Otherwise, you're correct; fan base isn't strong enough yet to warrant a late pick up. But this game the last two years has been electric.

And I stand corrected. I knew the Furman game was televised but just checked a press release from preseason and the App State vs Elon game will be televised on Sports South.

elon77
October 22nd, 2009, 11:39 AM

I don't know about that , last time the Mountain men and ladies came to Elon it was a pretty good atmosphere. I expect if both teams take care of business the next couple of weeks it will be pretty dang wild on Nov. 14. I will be there will you?

Mikeyosef
October 23rd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Though I have never been to the App State v Elon game at Elon, I hear it is usually packed.....packed with ASU fans!! I expect there will be a lot of us at the game this year, especially if both teams are, as I hope, undefeated. Word is, the game is already a sell out. Can anyone confirm that???

DX Man
October 23rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Though I have never been to the App State v Elon game at Elon, I hear it is usually packed.....packed with ASU fans!! I expect there will be a lot of us at the game this year, especially if both teams are, as I hope, undefeated. Word is, the game is already a sell out. Can anyone confirm that???

They also increased the ticket prices for this game, but of course their not the only ones to increase the prices when the Apps come to town.

appfan2008
October 23rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
I went homer and chose AE but either one is great!

KiddBrewer
October 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
they are truly about as even right now as they could be!

but ofcourse, i went with armanti...cause how the hell would i pick riddle?!?xthumbsupx:)

PhoenixMan
October 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM

Yes, the game sold out over 2 weeks ago.

ASU_Fanatic
October 23rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
AE.