PDA

View Full Version : Defensive End Commits To JMU

JMU Duke Dog
December 16th, 2005, 03:50 PM
JMU has another commitment for its 2005-2006 recruiting season beating out A10 rivals Delaware and Richmond and I-A programs East Carolina and Kent State. Welcome to the JMU Dukes Arthur Moats!

Churchland High’s Moats commits to James Madison
By JAMI FRANKENBERRY, The Virginian-Pilot
December 16, 2005

Churchland’s Arthur Moats has committed to play football at James Madison University.

A 6-foot-1, 225-pound defensive end, Moats picked the Dukes after receiving scholarship offers from East Carolina, Richmond, Delaware and Kent State.

Moats visited JMU and Kent State. He said the Dukes’ facilities and a strong contingent of South Hampton Roads players now at JMU convinced him that Harrisonburg was the best choice, saying “it felt like family.”

Moats now can concentrate on competing on both the Churchland basketball and wrestling teams during the winter.

“It was getting really crazy, but once I committed it was a burden off my chest,” he said. “Now I can just focus on being a senior. I’m just mentally there now.”

Moats is the most highly recruited player in Carl Winckler’s six seasons as the Truckers’ football coach.

“His dedication, his work ethic, his talent level has brought something new to our program that hasn’t been there in the past,” Winckler said.

Moats was a first-team All-Tidewater selection after recording 18 sacks during his senior season. He also returned an interception and a blocked punt for touchdowns.