PDA

View Full Version : Northern Arizona @ Portland State

JALMOND
October 17th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Kickoff scheduled for 1 pm PDT at Portland's PGE Park. The Vikings have the unique distinction this weekend of being the only DI program from Oregon playing, as both Oregon and Oregon State are off. Connor Kavanaugh will get the start at Vikings quarterback, replacing Drew Hubel who is out with a dislodged kneecap (Hubel is listed as doubtful for today and Glanville has said that he will not play). Glanville has said that leading tackler on defense, Erik Pedersen, will start this week after sitting out the Northern Colorado game will a broken bone in his hand. After winning last weekend against Northern Colorado, the Vikings have a chance to get back to back wins for the first time in Glanville's tenure at Portland State. Northern Arizona brings a strong attack led by Mississippi transfer Michael Herrick. The Jacks' only two blemishes have come at Pac-10 Arizona (where they were in the game until the fourth quarter) and at home to Montana (in overtime when they could not score a touchdown to tie it). Weather is supposed to be showers and temps near 60, a different contrast for both teams from last week.

Vikings radio: www.kpdq-am.com

No TV in the Portland area.

ncbears
October 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I had a dislocated knee cap. Hurt like hell.

JackFan
October 17th, 2009, 01:02 PM
should be a good game, I think our passing game is glad to be out of that horriable weather from last week and I look for another huge performance from Herrick who I dont think all year has been held under 300yds passing. A little conserned that the running game has not picked up and that we have become kind of a one sided offense. LETS GO JACK ATTACK!!!!

JackFan
October 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Jacks 21-6 halftime

JALMOND
October 17th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Final score

Northern Arizona 44
Portland State 23

Well, what we are is a totally different team with Kavanaugh at quarterback than Hubel. I thought Kavanaugh played a lot like Flutie, but he certainly does not have the arm strength as Flutie (or Hubel for that matter). I never saw much of our game with Montana, but I have to say that, other than Pac-10 Oregon State, Northern Arizona is the best team I've seen so far. They do not do one thing spectacularly, but they do everything really good. They are shaping up to have an outstanding year. As for Portland State, a passing offense needs a quarterback who can throw the football at least 30 yards.

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Congrats NAU. The AGS poll ascent will continue!xbowx