PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: The Wild, Wild West

CSN-info
October 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/CSNWay.JPG

The CSN Way: The Wild, Wild West
By Chuck Burton, The CSN Way columnist

http://popcritics.com/movies/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/wild-wild-west.gif

It’s the halfway point of the season, and out east there haven’t been all that many surprises. Sure, not everyone expected James Madison to be one loss away from putting their playoff chances in jeopardy, and not a lot of folks thought Tennessee State would be making a real run at the OVC title, but face it: almost everything has played out just as predicted so far. Appalachian State, despite some early losses, is still in good shape to nab the SoCon title. Florida A&M and South Carolina State are both in the hunt for the MEAC championship. And Albany - what a surprise - is poised to win yet another NEC title.

But out West, it’s wild. In the Big Sky it seems like every single week there’s a huge surprise and if Montana stumbles, any one of five teams might emerge to win the conference title. The SWAC has seen last year’s SWAC championship finalists virtually knocked out - and a program that was once a laughingstock now poised to complete the comeback of all comebacks. The Great West is becoming known as a graveyard for ranked FCS opponents - and not just Cal Poly anymore. And the Southland figured to be a one-team race this year - but all of a sudden another team has wrestled early control from the Cowboys, and it’s a team few thought about in the preseason.

For Cowboys, Lumberjacks, Mustangs, Aggies, Grizzlies, and… Panthers… you can’t beat the West for excitement so far this year.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/10/16/the-csn-way-the-wild-wild-west?blog=5)

McNeese75
October 16th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Good read exept the part about the SFA defense winning the game last week (somebody needs to check some stats) xrotatehx and I doubt Moses is going to win in Conway (he will probably spend a lot of the afternoon on his backside or running for his life)

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Chuck makes some interesting picks.

I'll note that for the Dakota Marker game that NDSU will be without the services of Paschall, as he serves his one game suspension meted out by MVFC commissioner for hitting the UNI player.

Meanwhile SDSU comes in with a solid O and SOLID D. Game is in Brookings, a place not really friendly to Bison this millenium. xthumbsupx Granted it's for the Marker, granted that this IS THE ONLY HIGHLIGHT game LEFT FOR BISON, but Jacks will show that the Valley conference title is determined in Brookings this year, not Cedar Falls. xeekx

Cal Poly falling at SLO to SUU? Interesting pick. IMHO track record will head south rather than improve this week for picks.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Good read exept the part about the SFA defense winning the game last week (somebody needs to check some stats) xrotatehx and I doubt Moses is going to win in Conway (he will probably spend a lot of the afternoon on his backside or running for his life)

I'm nervous about the pick, but I still really like SFA overall. This game will be the ultimate test for them to see if they belong.