Bonus pick: ODU 38 - Campbell 10

soccerguy315
October 14th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Hofstra at Rhode Island
Richmond at Maine
New Hampshire at Massachusetts
Delaware at Towson
Villanova at James Madison

I am back and forth on JMU/Nova... going with the higher ranked team, but I think JMU has a good shot.

mcveyrl
October 14th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hofstra at Rhode Island
Richmond at Maine
Delaware at Towson

I am back and forth on JMU/Nova... going with the higher ranked team, but I think JMU has a good shot.

Just realized that every game is a home 'dog.

Gambler's delight. :D

Pitz
October 14th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Hofstra 27, Rhode Island 21
Richmond 33, Maine 14
New Hampshire 38, UMASS 34
Delaware 35, Towson 14
James Madison 17, Villanova 7

Saint3333
October 14th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hofstra 20 at Rhode Island 10 - Don't know much about RI...
Richmond 34 at Maine 13 - Maine's defense won't be enough
New Hampshire 24 at Massachusetts 27 - It's about time for UNH to lose one they shouldn't
Delaware 35 at Towson 7 - Towson scores late
Villanova 28 at James Madison 24 - tough stretch for the Dukes

93henfan
October 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Richmond 33, Maine 14
Delaware 35, Towson 14

Bold prediction for a team averaging 31 ppg.

Pitz
October 14th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Bold prediction for a team averaging 31 ppg.

Eh, I was getting bored of making vanilla predictions. Plus this:

Harrisonburg, VA Sat Oct 17 Showers 47° 36°

JMUNJ08
October 14th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Hofstra 35 at Rhode Island 13
Richmond 37 at Maine 18
New Hampshire 27 at Massachusetts 14
Delaware 40 at Towson 4
Villanova 24 at James Madison 25
ODU 27 - Campbell 13

W&M by 50
Northeastern squeaks 1 out finally by 3

lknspider
October 14th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Richmond and Maine is a closer game than being predicted. Richmond 27 Maine 17

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I'd be surprised if the spread on the UNH/UMass game is more than 7.

Husky Alum
October 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Northeastern squeaks 1 out finally by 3

Who you kidding, we're a 7 point underdog against BYE. I can't see us covering. Heck, we may not even show up for that one.

JMUNJ08
October 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Who you kidding, we're a 7 point underdog against BYE. I can't see us covering. Heck, we may not even show up for that one.

Haven't seen you guys play yet. I guess I over estimated you or underestimated BYE. I'll go with the latterxsmiley_wix

TribeinDC
October 14th, 2009, 12:58 PM
W&M by 50

You must be talking about our game next week. I concur!

NHwildEcat
October 14th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Hofstra at Rhode Island
Richmond at Maine
Delaware at Towson

JMUNJ08
October 14th, 2009, 01:11 PM
You must be talking about our game next week. I concur!

No, 50 this week. Next week = Predictions week 8 thread;)

Don't get ahead of yourself. We do have a nice winning streak going in the seriesxwhistlex

Eight Legger
October 14th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hofstra 24 at Rhode Island 10
Richmond 24 at Maine 17
New Hampshire 32 at Massachusetts 35
Delaware 31 at Towson 14
Villanova 24 at James Madison 21

Fear the Bird
October 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hofstra 27 at Rhode Island 13
Richmond 31 at Maine 21
New Hampshire 31 at UMass 27
Delaware 45 at Towson 10
Villanova 17 at James Madison 14

Henwatcher
October 14th, 2009, 01:45 PM
UD 35 Towson 21
Hofstra 23 URI 17
JMU 21 Villanova 20
Richmond 28 Maine 17
UNH 31 UMass 20
ODU 49 Campbell 0

GannonFan
October 14th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Hofstra 24 at Rhode Island 14: Hofstra continues a bit of a roller coaster season, seeing them in one week just shutting down JMU in a home win, only to cough up the ball 7 times in a home loss to a reeling Maine team the next week. Now they travel up to Rhode Island to face a Rams team that did the unthinkable last week - they actually lost to Towson. New rule, if a team loses to Towson I cannot cannot pick that team to win another game all year. I'll call it the Towson Rule. The only exception to this Towson Rule is the Northeastern Exception - when a team who has lost to Towson previously, and then plays Northeastern later in the year, it is possible to pick that team to beat Northeastern, since everyone beats Northeastern. So, by properly applying the Towson Rule, and by not having to evoke the Northeastern Exception, I have Hofstra winning this game by virtue of Rhode Island having lost to Towson.

Richmond 24 at Maine 14: There are some out there who are doubting Richmond's position as the #1 team because of their knack for playing, and winning, close games. However, I am not one of them. Before Al Davis went cuckoo, he did pen one of the most true lines ever - Just Win Baby. And Richmond has done that, going into Newark and into Harrisonburg and won, just like they win everywhere else. Orono is not a very hospitable location, and that's not even taking football into account. Maine is a young team that may be good in a few years, but not against such an experienced and wily Richmond team. Ward and company make just enough plays to win a fairly close game in the bleakness of Maine in mid-October.

New Hampshire 24 at Massachusetts 14: UNH is coming off of a huge high - they beat extremely talented nova at home last week in front of a full house in Durham. UMass is coming off a completely opposite experience, having been thoroughly throttled by a suddenly resurgent Delaware team. If this game was in Durham, I'd have UNH winning by 3 or 4 TD's. However, UMass is back home in safe Amherst and they play much better in front of the home crowd. I don't think UMass's defense is as bad as Devlin made them look last week - Devlin is probably the best QB in the CAA. So I think UMass can keep UNH in check a bit. But I'd be worried about the inability to get Nelson going in the running game and the suddenly unimpressive Havens as the signal caller. UNH has all the experience in the world and while they might not be able to put UMass away early, they'll still be on the winning side of the score by the end.

Delaware 34 at Towson 14: Delaware has the odd scheduling quirk here - two bye weeks. This week against Towson and then an actual bye week next week. The Hens are coming off a good road win in Orono and a complete dismantling of UMass and appear to have righted the ship. Devlin is extremely capable in the pocket and the resufacing of Mark Duncan at WR has given him a weapon to throw to. UD's defense, while susceptible to the underneath pass, is rock solid against the run, and that should help them later in the year when they play plenty of run-heavy teams. Towson, however, does little of anything. Well, they do turn the ball over a lot, and that should continue this weekend. The Hens in a rout.

Villanova 24 at James Madison 14: Following Towson's incredible win last week, JMU actually holds the distinction of being dead last in the CAA South standings. It's shaping up to be that kind of year for the Dukes. Following the shocking loss to Hofstra, JMU had a chance last week to knock off Richmond with a 1st and goal late in the game. But, as JMU is historically apt to do, they fumbled the ball and ended up losing the game. Now comes in a nova team that lost twice last year to a much better JMU team, and who is coming off a painfully close loss to UNH to be knocked from the ranks of the unbeaten. nova played well last year against JMU both times, but it was the ability of JMU's Landers to ocassionally make a big play in the passing game that thwarted the wildcats. However, with Dudzik now lost for the season, JMU doesn't have a passing threat any longer. Thorpe may end up being a very good QB by the time his career is done, but this is the time when he takes some lumps. nova delivers the lumps this weekend and puts JMU, at 3 losses now, squarely on the playoff bubble with a 4th loss, with an idle W&M team waiting in Williamsburg next week.

Native
October 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I'd be surprised if the spread on the UNH/UMass game is more than 7.

According to this week's Sagarin "predictor" scores, UMass enjoys a 5.39 point advantage at home against UNH.

Native
October 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM

New Hampshire 24 at Massachusetts 14: UNH is coming off of a huge high - they beat extremely talented nova at home last week in front of a full house in Durham. UMass is coming off a completely opposite experience, having been thoroughly throttled by a suddenly resurgent Delaware team. If this game was in Durham, I'd have UNH winning by 3 or 4 TD's. However, UMass is back home in safe Amherst and they play much better in front of the home crowd. I don't think UMass's defense is as bad as Devlin made them look last week - Devlin is probably the best QB in the CAA. So I think UMass can keep UNH in check a bit. But I'd be worried about the inability to get Nelson going in the running game and the suddenly unimpressive Havens as the signal caller. UNH has all the experience in the world and while they might not be able to put UMass away early, they'll still be on the winning side of the score by the end.

Delaware 34 at Towson 14: Delaware has the odd scheduling quirk here - two bye weeks. This week against Towson and then an actual bye week next week. The Hens are coming off a good road win in Orono and a complete dismantling of UMass and appear to have righted the ship. Devlin is extremely capable in the pocket and the resufacing of Mark Duncan at WR has given him a weapon to throw to. UD's defense, while susceptible to the underneath pass, is rock solid against the run, and that should help them later in the year when they play plenty of run-heavy teams. Towson, however, does little of anything. Well, they do turn the ball over a lot, and that should continue this weekend. The Hens in a rout.

Villanova 24 at James Madison 14: Following Towson's incredible win last week, JMU actually holds the distinction of being dead last in the CAA South standings. It's shaping up to be that kind of year for the Dukes. Following the shocking loss to Hofstra, JMU had a chance last week to knock off Richmond with a 1st and goal late in the game. But, as JMU is historically apt to do, they fumbled the ball and ended up losing the game. Now comes in a nova team that lost twice last year to a much better JMU team, and who is coming off a painfully close loss to UNH to be knocked from the ranks of the unbeaten. nova played well last year against JMU both times, but it was the ability of JMU's Landers to ocassionally make a big play in the passing game that thwarted the wildcats. However, with Dudzik now lost for the season, JMU doesn't have a passing threat any longer. Thorpe may end up being a very good QB by the time his career is done, but this is the time when he takes some lumps. nova delivers the lumps this weekend and puts JMU, at 3 losses now, squarely on the playoff bubble with a 4th loss, with an idle W&M team waiting in Williamsburg next week.

It is entirely possible that UMass, Delaware and James Madison could all finish the season at 6-5, limiting CAA playoff participants to only four.

GannonFan
October 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM
It is entirely possible that UMass, Delaware and James Madison could all finish the season at 6-5, limiting CAA playoff participants to only four.

Absolutely possible. Most CAA folks only thought we would have 4 last year in the playoffs too. I don't see UMass making the playoffs unless last week was just a fluke (a fluke for UMass or a fluke for UD). And JMU's gauntlet to the playoffs just looks too daunting. With the way UD's playing and the way the schedule breaks for them (road game at Towson, bye week, and two home tilts against JMU and Hofstra, neither of whom play well in Newark) 7-4 should be the least they go, and that's assuming they lose both to Navy and nova to end the year. 6-5 would be a terribly disappointing finish for a currently 4-2 UD team with that schedule left.

Mattymc727
October 14th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Hofstra 10 - URI 17
Richmond 31 - Maine 27
UNH 21 - UMass 17
Delaware 31 - Towson 3
Villanova 27 - JMU 24

Native
October 14th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Absolutely possible. Most CAA folks only thought we would have 4 last year in the playoffs too. I don't see UMass making the playoffs unless last week was just a fluke (a fluke for UMass or a fluke for UD). And JMU's gauntlet to the playoffs just looks too daunting. With the way UD's playing and the way the schedule breaks for them (road game at Towson, bye week, and two home tilts against JMU and Hofstra, neither of whom play well in Newark) 7-4 should be the least they go, and that's assuming they lose both to Navy and nova to end the year. 6-5 would be a terribly disappointing finish for a currently 4-2 UD team with that schedule left.

You think Delaware will finish with 7 DI wins? Don't forget that their first victory was over West Chester. They currently only have 3 DI wins.

Just looking at the numbers and the remaining games, there will definitely be a few 7-win teams under consideration for at-large bids. I am sure there will be a lot of ineffective howling from some non-AQ's about their 8-3 and 9-2 records, but in the case of the MEAC, I suspect it might work. If SC State and Florida A&M win out the rest of the season except for whoever wins between the two, it's easy to see how the 9-2 runner up could possibly get an at-large bid.

kdinva
October 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Didn't see it started. xeyebrowx

Hofstra at Rhode Island
Richmond at Maine
Delaware at Towson

Hofstra 32; URI 20
UR 33; Maine 17
UNH 34; UMass 26
Delaware 27; Towson 18
Villanova 19; JMU 17

Uncle Buck
October 14th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hofstra at Rhode Island - This game will go down as 6-3 you pick the winner. The HU offensive coordinator couldn't find the endzone if you drew him a map. xnonono2x

Richmond at Maine - UR will roll 27-10, Maine's defense proved they can catch a ball when it hits them in the chest five times last week to be exact, but it won't be enough.

New Hampshire at Massachusetts - UMass rebounds 23-21 at home to keep the north and the CAA in a heated battle.

Delaware at Towson - UD looks like maybe the offense is beginning to gel or at least throw the ball real well. UD 32-14

Villanova at James Madison - With Dudzik now out and the freshman having it on his shoulders, the JMU defense won't be enough. Nova 27-17 as they score late to preserve it.

JMUNJ08
October 14th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Hofstra 24 at Rhode Island 14: Hofstra continues a bit of a roller coaster season, seeing them in one week just shutting down JMU in a home win, only to cough up the ball 7 times in a home loss to a reeling Maine team the next week. Now they travel up to Rhode Island to face a Rams team that did the unthinkable last week - they actually lost to Towson. New rule, if a team loses to Towson I cannot cannot pick that team to win another game all year. I'll call it the Towson Rule. The only exception to this Towson Rule is the Northeastern Exception - when a team who has lost to Towson previously, and then plays Northeastern later in the year, it is possible to pick that team to beat Northeastern, since everyone beats Northeastern. So, by properly applying the Towson Rule, and by not having to evoke the Northeastern Exception, I have Hofstra winning this game by virtue of Rhode Island having lost to Towson.

Richmond 24 at Maine 14: There are some out there who are doubting Richmond's position as the #1 team because of their knack for playing, and winning, close games. However, I am not one of them. Before Al Davis went cuckoo, he did pen one of the most true lines ever - Just Win Baby. And Richmond has done that, going into Newark and into Harrisonburg and won, just like they win everywhere else. Orono is not a very hospitable location, and that's not even taking football into account. Maine is a young team that may be good in a few years, but not against such an experienced and wily Richmond team. Ward and company make just enough plays to win a fairly close game in the bleakness of Maine in mid-October.

Every team that loses scores 2 td's exactly? Lazyxcoffeex

I do agree with the JMU analysis minus 1 thing. Out D-Line seems to be even better than last year. Nova is not a better passing team than Richmond so a game in the trenches will give them trouble. Thorpe please hold onto the ball!xpeacex

JMUNJ08
October 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM
an idle W&M team waiting in Williamsburg next week.

Previous years I wouldn't worry, this year I'm shaking in my boots for that one. Sad I won't be attending this great grudge match in Wburg for the first time since '04 playoffs...always a great atmosphere when JMU comes a callin

Fear the Bird
October 14th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Previous years I wouldn't worry, this year I'm shaking in my boots for that one. Sad I won't be attending this great grudge match in Wburg for the first time since '04 playoffs...always a great atmosphere when JMU comes a callin

Wait JMU played W&M in the '04 playoffs, I thought it was UD-JMU...oh that's right Sonny Riccio did throw that out pattern to start the 4th quarter of a comeback that rivals the Bills-Oilers playoff game and ruined the chances of back-to-back trips to Chatt - I was still under the impression it was a bad dream I haven't woken up from yet xmadxxoopsx

GannonFan
October 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
You think Delaware will finish with 7 DI wins? Don't forget that their first victory was over West Chester. They currently only have 3 DI wins.

Just looking at the numbers and the remaining games, there will definitely be a few 7-win teams under consideration for at-large bids. I am sure there will be a lot of ineffective howling from some non-AQ's about their 8-3 and 9-2 records, but in the case of the MEAC, I suspect it might work. If SC State and Florida A&M win out the rest of the season except for whoever wins between the two, it's easy to see how the 9-2 runner up could possibly get an at-large bid.

I said they should finish no worse than 7-4 and I am aware that that includes a DII West Chester win. There's no way that a 7-4 UD team makes the playoffs as an at large. However, there's also no way that an 8-3 UD team doesn't make the playoffs. IMO, it comes down to those last two games and UD needs to win at least one game against Navy/nova to be a playoff team.

GannonFan
October 14th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Wait JMU played W&M in the '04 playoffs, I thought it was UD-JMU...oh that's right Sonny Riccio did throw that out pattern to start the 4th quarter of a comeback that rivals the Bills-Oilers playoff game and ruined the chances of back-to-back trips to Chatt - I was still under the impression it was a bad dream I haven't woken up from yet xmadxxoopsx

And that pick still left UD up by 14. Had less to do with the pick than it did with Omar Cuff, who had 152 yards rushing through just 3 quarters, getting absolutely zero touches in the 4th quarter. Blaming Riccio for that loss is silly. That's akin to blaming Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams for the Phillies loss in Game 6 against Toronto in '93. Any able-bodied Philly fan knows that the real fault lay with Fregosi taking out Roger Mason after Mason threw a 1-2-3 7th inning. Larry Anderson comes in in the 8th, struggles, turns the lineup over, and Williams faces the heart of the lineup in the 9th. Sure the highlight is Williams just like Riccio is the highlight in the W&M loss, but the real fault lies with taking Mason out early and with Cuff not getting the ball - at all. xpeacex

Fear the Bird
October 14th, 2009, 03:30 PM
And that pick still left UD up by 14. Had less to do with the pick than it did with Omar Cuff, who had 152 yards rushing through just 3 quarters, getting absolutely zero touches in the 4th quarter. Blaming Riccio for that loss is silly. That's akin to blaming Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams for the Phillies loss in Game 6 against Toronto in '93. Any able-bodied Philly fan knows that the real fault lay with Fregosi taking out Roger Mason after Mason threw a 1-2-3 7th inning. Larry Anderson comes in in the 8th, struggles, turns the lineup over, and Williams faces the heart of the lineup in the 9th. Sure the highlight is Williams just like Riccio is the highlight in the W&M loss, but the real fault lies with taking Mason out early and with Cuff not getting the ball - at all. xpeacex

I didn't want to offend anybody by hinting that it may have been the current coach's indiscretion that cost us the game so made Sonny the scapegoat xlolx

GannonFan
October 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I didn't want to offend anybody by hinting that it may have been the current coach's indiscretion that cost us the game so made Sonny the scapegoat xlolx

Actually, it was the since departed offensive coordinator, Kirk Ciarocca, the guy calling the plays, who had the quote after the game that "Really, he didn't have any carries in the 4th? I guess we just got away from using him" (I've paraphrased that quote). Big KC takes plenty of blame too, but Captain Kirk hit a lowpoint in that game. xthumbsupx

Native
October 14th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I said they should finish no worse than 7-4 and I am aware that that includes a DII West Chester win. There's no way that a 7-4 UD team makes the playoffs as an at large. However, there's also no way that an 8-3 UD team doesn't make the playoffs. IMO, it comes down to those last two games and UD needs to win at least one game against Navy/nova to be a playoff team.

Gotcha.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 14th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Didn't see it started. xeyebrowx

Hofstra at Rhode Island
Richmond at Maine
Delaware at Towson

Hofstra 37 - URI 17
Richmond 31 - Maine 20
UNH 42 - UMass 24
Delaware 34 - Towson 13
Villanova 24 - JMU 21

I will go with:

Hofstra by 21
Richmond by 10
UNH by 13
Hens by 30
Dukes by 1.....homer pick

Go Dukes

RattlerFan70
October 14th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Hofstra at Rhode Island
Richmond at Maine
Delaware at Towson

rcny46
October 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM
R.J.Toman's status for the UMass game is a little cloudy right now.He sprained his ankle last Saturday and according to reports,he's still having some problem with it.Kevin Decker has been taking most of the snaps this week in practice.

Husky Alum
October 15th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Haven't seen you guys play yet. I guess I over estimated you or underestimated BYE. I'll go with the latterxsmiley_wix

Be thankful we're not playing you guys this year in Boston. Mickey may spontaneously combust if he steps foot at Parsons again.

Tribe4SF
October 15th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Be thankful we're not playing you guys this year in Boston. Mickey may spontaneously combust if he steps foot at Parsons again.

My vision of some of the CAA South coaches if asked about playing at Parsons.

Laycock- "It's a tough place to play, and we'd better be focused on ourselves."

Talley- "It's a challenging environment, and presents a real test for our young men to measure their capacity to achieve some specific goals they've established for themselves, both as individuals, and as a team, so far as where we are as a team, as well as where they are relative to their personal aspirations for the current season, their careers, and moving on to their chosen professions in whatever field, or fields they may pusue."

Keeler- "We shouldn't have to play there. We are Delaware, afterall."

Matthews- "That place sucks!"

Uncle Buck
October 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM

That's alright, he compared our crowd to a spring game! Sad part is, it was an accurate description. xbawlingx

JMUNJ08
October 15th, 2009, 03:16 PM
That's alright, he compared our crowd to a spring game! Sad part is, it was an accurate description. xbawlingx

More people have been showing up to our springs games actuallyxsmiley_wix

mcveyrl
October 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM

Yea, but we won our spring game. xbawlingx

(well, we lost it too, but you get the point).

Uncle Buck
October 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM

I know, that's why it's so sad!

Semantics, call it a win.

JMUNJ08
October 15th, 2009, 03:21 PM

.500 would sound good right about now

BDKJMU
October 15th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Maine @ UR UR by 2-3 TDs. This is a tough trip for UR. If it was at UR I would say the Spiders by 4-5 TDs. The last time Maine hosted a #1 was Sept 27, 08' when they hosted JMU. Attendance was listed at 3188, when in reality in a rainfest it was probably half that. Accuweather calling for high of 52, partially cloudy in Orono on Sat, so maybe there will be 3k fans there...

Hofstra @ URI: HU by 3-4 TDs, assuming they don't turn the ball over 7 times...

Villanova @ JMU: JMU by a TD or less in a rainfest. No analysis here- I'll do that on the Nova @ JMU thread.

UD @ Towson: UD by 2-3 TDs. UD with a slight letdown after the big UMass win. This is Towson's homecoming game, but with Newark less than an hr drive from Towson, I imagine the Hens will have at least as many fans as Towson. This will be more of a neutral field game. The likely rainfest will likely slow down UD's #2 in the CAA passing attack. On the other hand, rain doesn't hurt Towson's passing attack, as there isn't much of one (11th in CAA). Neither team has much of a running game (Towson 10th, UD 11th in the CAA) but UD has a far better rush defense.

UNH @ UMass: UNH by a TD or less

Some interesting contrasts:
-UMass is #1 in total offense, #2 in scoring. UNH is #1 in total defense
-UMass is #1 in passing offense. UNH is #1 in passing defense
-UMass is 5th in rushing offense. UNH is 5th in rushing defense
-UNH is 5th in total offense, UMass is 5th in total defense

UNH is #1 in scoring offense, which tells me they're either getting a lot of scores or scores set up by defense and special teams.

Given what happened last weekend have to go with UNH here. Since its a rivalry and is in Amherst, think it will be close though.

mcveyrl
October 15th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Maine @ UR UR by 2-3 TDs. This is a tough trip for UR. If it was at UR I would say the Spiders by 4-5 TDs. The last time Maine hosted a #1 was Sept 27, 08' when they hosted JMU. Attendance was listed at 3188, when in reality in a rainfest it was probably half that. Accuweather calling for high of 52, partially cloudy in Orono on Sat, so maybe there will be 3k fans there...

Hofstra @ URI: HU by 3-4 TDs, assuming they don't turn the ball over 7 times...

Villanova @ JMU: JMU by a TD or less in a rainfest. No analysis here- I'll do that on the Nova @ JMU thread.

UD @ Towson: UD by 3-4 TDs. UD with a slight letdown after the big UMass win. This is Towson's homecoming game, but with Newark less than an hr drive from Towson, I imagine the Hens will have at least as many fans as Towson. This will be more of a neutral field game.

UMass @ UNH: UNH by 1-2 TDs.

Some interesting contrasts:
-UMass is #1 in total offense, #2 in scoring. UNH is #1 in total defense
-UMass is #1 in passing offense. UNH is #1 in passing defense
-UMass is 5th in rushing offense. UNH is 5th in rushing defense
-UNH is 5th in total offense, UMass is 5th in total defense

UNH is #1 in scoring offense, which tells me they're either getting a lot of scores or scores set up by defense and special teams.

Given what happened last weekend and the fact that this one is in Durham, have to go with UMH here.

Right now weather.com has only a 30% chance of AM showers and showing partly sunny too. I hope they're more right than you, but my guess is you both have the same chance of being right.

seattlespider
October 15th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hofstra 31at Rhode Island 10
Richmond 35at Maine 17
New Hampshire 34 at Massachusetts 31
Delaware 42at Towson 7
Villanova 17at James Madison 13

BDKJMU
October 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Right now weather.com has only a 30% chance of AM showers and showing partly sunny too. I hope they're more right than you, but my guess is you both have the same chance of being right.

Kickoff is at 3:30. Accuweather.com forecast for Sat:
8 AM: 38, rain
9 AM: 39, snow
10 AM: 41, rain
11 AM: 43 cloudy
noon: 46, cloudy
1 PM: 46, rain
2 PM: 46, cloudy
3 PM: 47, rain
4 PM: 46, rain
5 PM: 45, rain
6 PM: 43, rain
7 PM: 42, rain
8 PM: 40 rain,
9 PM- 3 am: 39/38, rain/snow

Accuweather.com hr by hr the Thur evening beforehand was spot on in Hempstead for the Hofstra game, and pretty close for the UR game. Will be the 2nd yr in a row JMU plays Nova in a rain fest. Bring your poncho, you're gonna get wet.
http://www.accuweather.com/us/va/harrisonburg/22801/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&metric=0&hbhday=3&hbhhour=15

BDKJMU
October 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM

I changed my UNH/UMass prediction from UNH by 1-2 TDs to UNH by a TD or less. I misread the schedule- I initially read it as @ UNH. Fixed it.

mcveyrl
October 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Kickoff is at 3:30. Accuweather.com forecast for Sat:
8 AM: 38, rain
9 AM: 39, snow
10 AM: 41, rain
11 AM: 43 cloudy
noon: 46, cloudy
1 PM: 46, rain
2 PM: 46, cloudy
3 PM: 47, rain
4 PM: 46, rain
5 PM: 45, rain
6 PM: 43, rain
7 PM: 42, rain
8 PM: 40 rain,
9 PM- 3 am: 39/38, rain/snow

Accuweather.com hr by hr the Thur evening beforehand was spot on in Hempstead for the Hofstra game, and pretty close for the UR game. Will be the 2nd yr in a row JMU plays Nova in a rain fest. Bring your poncho, you're gonna get wet.
http://www.accuweather.com/us/va/harrisonburg/22801/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&metric=0&hbhday=3&hbhhour=15

We've got two conflicting sources then. Weather.com (which was right for the Richmond game too) has the rain in the morning at a 30% chance and then dropping to a 20% chance at noonish to 1.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/hourbyhour/USVA0351?begHour=5&begDay=290

I hope their right, but I will have the ponchos just in case. My wife has already informed that she will be back at the hotel (indoor pool and hot tub) if it rains. More party for me!

BDKJMU
October 15th, 2009, 04:31 PM

I changed my UNH/UMass prediction from UNH by 1-2 TDs to UNH by a TD or less. I misread the schedule- I initially read it as @ UNH. Fixed it.

Also, changed my UD @ Towson prediction from UD by 3-4 TDs to UD by 2-3 TDs. Forgot to factor in the weather for this one.

BDKJMU
October 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hofstra @ URI: home team the underdog

UR @ Maine: home team the dog

UNH @ UMass: home team the dog

UD @ Towson: home team the dog

Villanova @ JMU: home team the dog

xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx
When was the last time all CAA teams at home were the underdog? Should make for an interesting weekend....

holycrossC
October 15th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Richmond 33, Maine 14
Delaware 35, Towson 14

Nova crushes the Dukes.

EmeryZach
October 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Hofstra 32 - URI 17
Richmond 50 - Maine 7
UNH 42 - UMass 35
Delaware 52 - Towson 3
Nova 28 - JMU 21
ODU 17 - Campbell 14

Everyone forgot about ODU again!

BDKJMU
October 15th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Nova crushes the Dukes.

Go back to your cupcake league...

BDKJMU
October 15th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hofstra 32 - URI 17
Richmond 50 - Maine 7
UNH 42 - UMass 35
Delaware 52 - Towson 3
Nova 28 - JMU 21
ODU 17 - Campbell 14

Everyone forgot about ODU again!

This is a CAA prediction thread. ODU isn't a CAA football team. xrolleyesx

EmeryZach
October 15th, 2009, 08:16 PM
This is a CAA prediction thread. ODU isn't a CAA football team. xrolleyesx

Well, not technically, but I thought we had agreed to include them?

Doesn't matter really, I will continue to include them.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 15th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Hofstra 14 at Rhode Island 10 xnodx Hofstra starting to make run to respectability
Richmond 14 at Maine 17 (OT) :D Don't ask me why, but this week Richmond's close calls go the other way vs a Black Bear team looking for a signature to their season
New Hampshire 24 at Massachusetts 17 xsmiley_wix No blowout, but Wildcats get to 6-0 thanks to another late takeaway.
Delaware 52 at Towson 14 xrotatehx Coach Keeler is well into his push for playoff consideration via the blowout route
Villanova 35 at James Madison 21 xbowx 'Nova is very talented and shows it in this big road win in NW Va.
ODU 28 at Campbell 7 xthumbsupx Wilder has got it goin' in Year #1.

Oldhen
October 16th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I don't see UD winning at TU by anywhere near the margins folks are posting. That really isn't any kind of statement about the two teams relative quality this year. If I were KC or Hofher, I'd be looking to work on improving the run game this week, particularly with the weather forecast, and just throw enough to keep the passing game sharp. That would tend to keep the score low, as would the winds predicted, and our maddening habit of underachieving on the road.

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2009, 07:35 AM

xbawlingx

weather.com is now in line with accuweather.com (should've known...ALWAYS go with the site that has the fancy modifier).

But it's still just a 30% chance, so I'm hoping the rain is spotty.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Hofstra 14 at Rhode Island 10 xnodx Hofstra starting to make run to respectability
Richmond 14 at Maine 17 (OT) :D Don't ask me why, but this week Richmond's close calls go the other way vs a Black Bear team looking for a signature to their season
New Hampshire 24 at Massachusetts 17 xsmiley_wix No blowout, but Wildcats get to 6-0 thanks to another late takeaway.
Delaware 52 at Towson 14 xrotatehx Coach Keeler is well into his push for playoff consideration via the blowout route
Villanova 35 at James Madison 21 xbowx 'Nova is very talented and shows it in this big road win in NW Va.
ODU 28 at Campbell 7 xthumbsupx Wilder has got it goin' in Year #1.

I would be very surprised if Nova put 35 on JMU.....

spdram
October 16th, 2009, 12:07 PM
[Richmond 14 at Maine 17 (OT) :D Don't ask me why, but this week Richmond's close calls go the other way vs a Black Bear team looking for a signature to their season

I think you ought to bet the house on this one. Think of the return if you are right!

GeeWiz
October 17th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Hofstra 23 Hofstra 20 - The Pride pull out a last minute win at Kingston
Richmond 34 Maine 24 - Dirty Cubs hang tough in dreary Orono but the Spiders prove to be too much
UNH 31 UMass 20 - UMass will compete hard but UNH is the class of the CAA North
UD 41 Towson 7 - Blue Chickens QB Pat Devlin will have a field day vs. the Tigers defense
'Nova 28 JMU 17 - Wildcats bounce back from UNH loss to beat a surprisingly subpar Dukes team at Harrisonburg

Bye 30 NU 10 - Everyone scores at least 30 against our defense - why not Bye? xnonono2x

Oh and in the big one ...

... ODU 28 Campbell 21 - Monarchs hold off the Camels for a close victory

89Hen
October 19th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hofstra 37 - URI 17 (28-16) xthumbsupx
Richmond 31 - Maine 20 (38-21) xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
UNH 42 - UMass 24 (17-23) xoopsx
Delaware 34 - Towson 13 (49-21) xthumbsupx
Villanova 24 - JMU 21 (27-0) xeyebrowx

On the one I missed and the one missed score, at least I nailed the winner's score. xsmiley_wix

89Hen
October 19th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I would be very surprised if Nova put 35 on JMU.....
At least you were right about that. xoopsx

89Hen
October 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Delaware 49 at Towson 14
xbowx

89Hen
October 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM
New Hampshire 24 at Massachusetts 27 - It's about time for UNH to lose one they shouldn't
xbowx

89Hen
October 19th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Hofstra 24 at Rhode Island 10
Richmond 24 at Maine 17
New Hampshire 32 at Massachusetts 35
Delaware 31 at Towson 14
Villanova 24 at James Madison 21
5-0 xbowx

BDKJMU
October 21st, 2009, 12:16 PM
Maine @ UR UR by 2-3 TDs. (38-21) xthumbsupx

Hofstra @ URI: HU by 3-4 TDs xthumbsupx (28-16) (ok was about 2 TDs, but not too far off)

Villanova @ JMU: JMU by a TD or less in a rainfest. xoopsx xbawlingx

UD @ Towson: UD by 2-3 TDs. (49-21) xthumbsupx (I initially had UD by 3-4 TDs then changed it to 2-3 TDs thinking it was going to rain the whole game.

UNH @ UMass: UNH by a TD or less (23-17) xoopsx xeyebrowx

Week 1: No picks
Week 2: 7-1 (wrong on Ball State/UNH)
Week 3: 7-2 (wrong on Maine/Albany & Towson/Coastal)
Week 4: 9-1 (wrong on Towson/Morgan State
Week 5: 4-2 (wrong on URI/Brown & JMU/HU)
Week 6: 2-4 (wrong on Nova/UNH, UR/JMU, Maine/HU, UMass/UD)
Week 7: 3-2

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
Week 1: No picks
Week 2: 7-1 (wrong on Ball State/UNH)
Week 3: 7-2 (wrong on Maine/Albany & Towson/Coastal)
Week 4: 9-1 (wrong on Towson/Morgan State
Week 5: 4-2 (wrong on URI/Brown & JMU/HU)
Week 6: 2-4 (wrong on Nova/UNH, UR/JMU, Maine/HU, UMass/UD)
Week 7: 3-2
So you're basically the anti-computer model. The more info you get, the less accruate you become? xsmiley_wix