PDA

View Full Version : Wofford vs App predictions

SoCon48
October 14th, 2009, 08:52 AM
What do you guys think?

Woof
October 14th, 2009, 09:01 AM
What do you guys think?

I don't know who Aoo is, but I don't like our chances.

drpnut
October 14th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I think this is a pivotal game for both teams...

If Appy comes in and dominates then is it obvious they are "Back on track" and should be feared by all... If they win, but not by a big margin, then I think the jury will stay in the box and deliberate a little longer...

If Woffy puts it together and plays well they could win... This is a big if... but if Woffy pulls it off then they are back in the hunt for the crown... Remember Montana State from a few years back-- they started like 2-5 and ran the table and won the league crown at 7-5... If we ran the table then we would own the tiebreaker against Elon, Furple and Appy... It is not likely, but not at all out of the realm of possibility... If Woffy plays well and loses then it is a positive building block for next year, and reality tells us that due to all of the injuries, youth, etc. next year is the year we should be expecting big things...

PhoenixSupreme
October 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM

If Appy comes in and dominates then is it obvious they are "Back on track" and should be feared by all... If they win, but not by a big margin, then I think the jury will stay in the box and deliberate a little longer...

If Woffy puts it together and plays well they could win... This is a big if... but if Woffy pulls it off then they are back in the hunt for the crown... Remember Montana State from a few years back-- they started like 2-5 and ran the table and won the league crown at 7-5... If we ran the table then we would own the tiebreaker against Elon, Furple and Appy... It is not likely, but not at all out of the realm of possibility... If Woffy plays well and loses then it is a positive building block for next year, and reality tells us that due to all of the injuries, youth, etc. next year is the year we should be expecting big things...

If you can beat the three-headed monster of Elon, Furman, and Appy, then by all means you should deserve that title. But considering Wofford's injuries the odds don't look too great.

ElonFirefighter
October 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Agreed you prob will take one of those games could take two but the likelihood of all 3 is slim to none. Just look back at previous year when wofford was a big 3. Even the big 3 couldn't walk away with the sweep except maybe one year. GL vs app, a wofford win is one less win Elon needs ;)

DLS
October 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM
if we can stop the run like we did last weekend then this game will be in the bag.

terrierbob
October 14th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Aoo State is formidable, and always presents a unique challenge to our offense with their speed at the corners. Don't know how their D-line is this year.

BEAT AOO!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Would like to see the Woofs win, but I don't want to play Appy with their backs up against the wall.

biggie
October 14th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Like that this is against more of a run team. We just have to tackle in the open field (crosses fingers).

Like that this game is on TV, both for me to watch and for AE to step up in the spotlight (first oppurtunity for him this year on more than local TV, he usually does well for some reason).

Hope the weather is better down that way than it is up here.

OL FU
October 14th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Anybody have the flu this week?

OL FU
October 14th, 2009, 09:48 AM

I like optimistic fansxthumbsupx

PaladinFan
Really a big game for both teams. Wofford plays well against App in Spartanburg. App can't afford to take on another loss with Furman, Elon, and GSU still on the schedule.

App State really hasn't done much on defense this year, so if Wofford can hold onto the football and have some long drives, they can stay in it.

Mikeyosef
Biggie, where is the game televised?

HENJOHN
October 14th, 2009, 09:50 AM
APP STATE starts a late season roll and wins 37-14.

AppIAA
October 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Anybody have the flu this week?

I do.. thanks for the concern ;)

biggie
October 14th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Biggie, where is the game televised?
Fox SportsSouth, A "SoCon Saturdays" game.

http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=204774398

Already got my DVR set, just have to go pick up my bday present from my Dad's house and pick up some growlers of Cottonwood Pumpkin Spice before returning to the recliner.

OL FU
October 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM

Sam Wyche made sure FU was on the first of the Socon saturdays:pxsmiley_wix

biggie
October 14th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Sam Wyche made sure FU was on the first of the Socon saturdays:pxsmiley_wix
True, but he really doesn't even know where he is at any given moment. So its amazing he's on TV. Him and John Madden should hang out.

OL FU
October 14th, 2009, 10:10 AM
True, but he really doesn't even know where he is at any given moment. So its amazing he's on TV. Him and John Madden should hang out.

biggie, that's just mean. One of these days you will be old and raspy too ( if you are luckyxlolx)

BTW, where am Ixlolx

biggie
October 14th, 2009, 10:43 AM
biggie, that's just mean. One of these days you will be old and raspy too ( if you are luckyxlolx)

BTW, where am Ixlolx
I was thinking more like he's drunk during the games.

OL FU
October 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM

More power to him thenxthumbsupx

I mean wouldn't that make him a Georgia Southern fanxlolx

OL FU
October 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I do.. thanks for the concern ;)

I hope your last name is Edwards:p:D

Mikeyosef
October 14th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I'm going to say App State puts together a complete game and rolls, finally beginning our run to a 4th NC.xthumbsupx

DLS
October 14th, 2009, 10:54 AM
“There were a few other things that we probably could have done that we didn’t do that are kind of still in the bag. We’ll have to empty that bag, though, to do what we want to do for the rest of the season.”

-jerry moore post uncc

makes it sound like he's been sandbagging thus far.

B&G
October 14th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Really a big game for both teams. Wofford plays well against App in Spartanburg. App can't afford to take on another loss with Furman, Elon, and GSU still on the schedule.

App State really hasn't done much on defense this year, so if Wofford can hold onto the football and have some long drives, they can stay in it.

ASU has been decent against the run but atrocious against passes in the flats. And lots of blown assignements. If Wofford plays smart, then they could pull off the upset. I still pick ASU to win by double digits though.

AppIAA
October 14th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I hope your last name is Edwards:p:D

Just so happens to be.. unfortunately for me and the SoCon, my first name is not Armanti!

OL FU
October 14th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Just so happens to be.. unfortunately for me and the SoCon, my first name is not Armanti!

John?xeyebrowxxeyebrowx:)

OL FU
October 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
ASU has been decent against the run but atrocious against passes in the flats. And lots of blown assignements.

That's good to hearxnodx

SideLine Shooter
October 14th, 2009, 12:38 PM
John?xeyebrowxxeyebrowx:)

Haha, now there is a funny!

The Moody1
October 14th, 2009, 12:40 PM
That's good to hearxnodx

Don't worry, we will have all the problems straightened out by Halloween. See 2008. :D

OL FU
October 14th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Don't worry, we will have all the problems straightened out by Halloween. See 2008. :D

I never worry. I do sweat a lot but I don't let it showxlolx

Eaglesrus
October 14th, 2009, 12:55 PM

More power to him thenxthumbsupx

I mean wouldn't that make him a Georgia Southern fanxlolx

Depends on what he was drinking; if it was wine he's a Furman fan, App State if it's moonshine, anything else...yeah, probably GSU.

Mntneer
October 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM

Already got my DVR set, just have to go pick up my bday present from my Dad's house and pick up some growlers of Cottonwood Pumpkin Spice before returning to the recliner.

Actually it's on SportSouth, not Fox Sports South. I know because I get the latter, but not the former in Raleigh :(

mcveyrl
October 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Actually it's on SportSouth, not Fox Sports South. I know because I get the latter, but not the former in Raleigh :(

You don't get SportsSouth in Raleigh???

North Carolina???

biggie
October 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah, they just like to confuse me with 12 stations being named basically the same thing.

CamelCityAppFan
October 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah, they just like to confuse me with 12 stations being named basically the same thing.

Yeah, I once had a TV with 124 channels, but they were all "11"...

ElonFirefighter
October 15th, 2009, 08:50 AM
You don't get SportsSouth in Raleigh???

North Carolina???

raliegh, myrtle beach sc, ect. SS is A turner network affilate tied to timewarner, preventing it from making the jump to comcast or direct tv

AppIAA
October 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I get SS on DirectTV in SC...

neersnbeers
October 15th, 2009, 11:34 AM
^ its not on Dish. $;&@!

AtlantaMountaineer
October 15th, 2009, 11:56 AM
raliegh, myrtle beach sc, ect. SS is A turner network affilate tied to timewarner, preventing it from making the jump to comcast or direct tv

I get Sports South on Comcast in Atlanta.

Eagle22
October 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM
^ its not on Dish. $;&@!

DishNetwork 437

(at least on my dish)

crabby terrier
October 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
time warner doesn't carry comcast or sportsouth in myrtle beach but i think you can get it in georgetown and charleston. go figure???xconfusedxxmadxxmadx

Skjellyfetti
October 15th, 2009, 01:02 PM
What happened to terrierfans.com?

OLDMAIN80
October 15th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Apparently someone forgot to renew the site with go daddyxeekx

Waco Kid
October 15th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I get SS on Dish Network in South Carolina.

94Terrier
October 16th, 2009, 08:11 AM

terrierfans.com is still there. I was just on the site before coming over here.

I think we'll stay in the game for a while, but our mistakes will rear their ugly heads at the most inopportune times. I don't foresee anything remotely like last year as far as the score, but, as disappointing as it is to tyoe this, I do see a similar result. xbawlingxxsmhx

terrierbob
October 16th, 2009, 08:49 AM
terrierfans seems to be down

elon77
October 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM
terrierfans seems to be down

Down in South Carolina?

94Terrier
October 16th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Terrierfans.com is not down. I just went over again to the site, made a post, and confirmed the post.

appfan2008
October 16th, 2009, 10:04 AM
APP STATE starts a late season roll and wins 37-14.

this one sounds good to me but i am not so sure

appfan2008
October 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I think ASU wins in another game down to the wire 31-28... not good if we want the national perception to improve...

AppIAA
October 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Terrierfans.com is not down. I just went over again to the site, made a post, and confirmed the post.

If you are able to do that, the DNS is messed up.. it is transferring everyone to the godaddy landing page that pops up when the hosting has not been paid..

SC-T-Dogg
October 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Wofford in a wild one............by 2 touchdowns!

NO, do not wake me up. I like this dream.......

AppAlum2003
October 16th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Wofford in a wild one............by 2 touchdowns!

NO, do not wake me up. I like this dream.......

You joke - but it's definitely possible. App's defense this year is near the bottom in the SoCon. Granted it was off of turnovers in a very short field, but they quickly gave up 14 points to start the NCCU game. If WoCo comes out ready to play and starts to get their rhythm going early running the ball, it could be a figurative and literal looooong day for the ASU defense (or lack thereof.)

No prediction - hope I don't wake my daughter up from her nap screaming at the television.

crabby terrier
October 16th, 2009, 10:56 AM

i can't get on it. haven't been able to since yesterday afternoon. it goes to
go daddy site on my computer at work and home. i can get to it by going through my history log. what's up with that???

ToTheLeft
October 16th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Wofford by 10.

Bite those ankles!

crabby terrier
October 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM
i can't get on it. haven't been able to since yesterday afternoon. it goes to
go daddy site on my computer at work and home. i can get to it by going through my history log. what's up with that???

i can't get on the site at all now!!!xbawlingxxmadxxmadx

apppackdad
October 16th, 2009, 12:08 PM
App wins, but not like last year.

terrierbob
October 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM
You joke - but it's definitely possible. App's defense this year is near the bottom in the SoCon. Granted it was off of turnovers in a very short field, but they quickly gave up 14 points to start the NCCU game. If WoCo comes out ready to play and starts to get their rhythm going early running the ball, it could be a figurative and literal looooong day for the ASU defense (or lack thereof.)

No prediction - hope I don't wake my daughter up from her nap screaming at the television.

We've had an irritating inability to run anything to the left side for some reason. Guess that makes us one directional.

ASUG8
October 16th, 2009, 02:14 PM
App wins, but not like last year.

Agreed - it might rain, but there will likely be no repeat of the perfect storm.

AppAlum2003
October 16th, 2009, 02:31 PM
We've had an irritating inability to run anything to the left side for some reason. Guess that makes us one directional.

james_lawfirm
October 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
App's defense this year is near the bottom in the SoCon.

What do you base the above statement on? Link? Source?

Skjellyfetti
October 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
#4 is scoring defense
#4 in total defense
#5 in rushing defense
#6 in pass defense

more middle of the pack than the bottom...
http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2009/confldrs.htm

Seven Would Be Nice
October 16th, 2009, 03:21 PM
App stomps woffie and then falls the following week.

AppAlum2003
October 16th, 2009, 03:24 PM
#4 is scoring defense
#4 in total defense
#5 in rushing defense
#6 in pass defense

more middle of the pack than the bottom...
http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2009/confldrs.htm

And still haven't faced the three top scoring offenses in the SoCon yet. (Minus themselves, of course.) And couldn't stop the #4 scoring offense in the SoCon.

ASU_Fanatic
October 16th, 2009, 09:25 PM
With effin Justin Lloyd they may have effin 671 rush yards. Guy cant tackle squat. Anyways I'm sayin 38-30 ASU.

ASUG8
October 16th, 2009, 09:30 PM
App stomps woffie and then falls the following week.

Might be right.

I said earlier GSU is the spoiler this season - you don't have JF this time, but the GSU/ASU rivalry is always there despite the record. I hope we get past the Terriers and begin playing the way our depth chart says we should about 10/24.

ASU_Fanatic
October 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Do we not have any better than Justin Lloyd at that Bandit spot or whatever. What about Demery Brewer?

KiddBrewer
October 16th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Do we not have any better than Justin Lloyd at that Bandit spot or whatever. What about Demery Brewer?

im willing to step up and take the spot.......

dont really see myself doing much worse

but hes a mountaineer, so we love him (by default if nothing else), even if he couldnt tackle an elderly woman at running back

ASU_Fanatic
October 16th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I don't love him he looks sick out there. I can take his spot cause' I can let guys run all over me. And I'm 13.

SideLine Shooter
October 16th, 2009, 10:11 PM
With effin Justin Lloyd they may have effin 671 rush yards. Guy cant tackle squat. Anyways I'm sayin 38-30 ASU.

Does your daddy know you act like this?

ASU_Fanatic
October 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Ha, it's not like I'm sayin the word lol.

Skjellyfetti
October 16th, 2009, 10:31 PM

He's a redshirt freshman and our third leading tackler. 31 tackles, 18 solo, 3 tackles for loss, 1 sack.

I have a feeling you'll be regretting calling him out before his career at App is over. xnodx

KiddBrewer
October 16th, 2009, 10:39 PM
He's a redshirt freshman and our third leading tackler. 31 tackles, 18 solo, 3 tackles for loss, 1 sack.

I have a feeling you'll be regretting calling him out before his career at App is over. xnodx

he really does miss a LOT of tackles if you watch. however, julian rauch sucked pretty terribly at one point in his career, and he turned out pretty darn good...for example, so ill agree

ASU_Fanatic
October 16th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, he's gonna end up being a stud, but look at D.J. Smith and Jacque Roman it didn't take them to long to get things figured out as Freshman.

Skjellyfetti
October 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, he's gonna end up being a stud, but look at D.J. Smith and Jacque Roman it didn't take them to long to get things figured out as Freshman.

Jacque Roman had 46 tackles his redshirt freshman season. Lloyd has 31 so far... And, I think it's likley that he will have around 46 or more than 46 by the time the season is over. He already has more tackles for loss than Jacque had and he has the same number of sacks Jacque had for an entire season as a freshman.

DJ Smith had a pretty ridiculous freshman year (121 tackles)... especially since he didn't start till the 6th or 7th game of the season.

If you want every redshirt freshman linebacker at App to perform their first year like DJ as a true freshman... you will be disappointed almost every time. He's a rare athlete.

I'm not saying Lloyd is playing lights out and deserves our unquestioning praise... but, I think you're a little harsh in your criticism.

asknoquarter21
October 17th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I have no problems with Lloyd, my issue is with a certain individual in the secondary that isn't number 5, 29, or 13.

He has shown me nothing and is constantly out of position.

ASU_Fanatic
October 17th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Jacque Roman had 46 tackles his redshirt freshman season. Lloyd has 31 so far... And, I think it's likley that he will have around 46 or more than 46 by the time the season is over. He already has more tackles for loss than Jacque had and he has the same number of sacks Jacque had for an entire season as a freshman.

DJ Smith had a pretty ridiculous freshman year (121 tackles)... especially since he didn't start till the 6th or 7th game of the season.

If you want every redshirt freshman linebacker at App to perform their first year like DJ as a true freshman... you will be disappointed almost every time. He's a rare athlete.

I'm not saying Lloyd is playing lights out and deserves our unquestioning praise... but, I think you're a little harsh in your criticism.Yeah, but he misses ALOT of tackles did you go the Central game if so you would have saw that their running back looked like Barry Sanders when Lloyd tried to tackle him.

ddmann
October 17th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Will this game be available on internet? Prefer video but audio will do.

Skjellyfetti
October 17th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah, but he misses ALOT of tackles did you go the Central game if so you would have saw that their running back looked like Barry Sanders when Lloyd tried to tackle him.

I did not go to the game... watched it online.

Are you talking about one play or all game long?

NCCU had FIVE (5) yards rushing. So... I'm going to assume you're talking about one play...

yosef1969
October 17th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I did not go to the game... watched it online.

Are you talking about one play or all game long?

NCCU had FIVE (5) yards rushing. So... I'm going to assume you're talking about one play...

Both Lloyd and Reine have had tackling issues thus far, not only against RB's but they've struggled bringing down recievers as well.

ASU really has no other option at Bandit other than a couple of true freshmen that may not really fit the position. Brewer has been moved to Defensive end. Coaches had hoped Quavian Lewis would challenge Lloyd but that didn't pan out and Lewis has left the team.

As for Reine that one is far more puzzling to me. McDuffie seems poised to take that spot but just hasn't seen the field. Maybe there are lingering injuries we're unaware of but it's tough to understand how Reine keeps his spot on the field and McDuffie sits.

Also thought we'd have seen Troy Sanders more by this point.

Gringer1
October 17th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Wofford is trying hard for the upset. Why is there no game thread?

AppAlum2003
October 17th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Wofford is trying hard for the upset. Why is there no game thread?

Because we ASU fans can already tell you what's going to happen - the defense will look awful and miss tackle after tackle. And the offense will move the ball at will and then struggle in the red zone. That has been ever single game this year. No need for a game thread.

Boone4280
October 17th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Because we ASU fans can already tell you what's going to happen - the defense will look awful and miss tackle after tackle. And the offense will move the ball at will and then struggle in the end zone. That has been ever single game this year. No need for a game thread.

yup. that annnnd, everyones watching OU-Texas

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
$^&%

GSU's playoff chances are kaput. App. will lose and will play in Boone against GSU with their backs up against the wall.

xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangx

mountaineertider
October 17th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Because we ASU fans can already tell you what's going to happen - the defense will look awful and miss tackle after tackle. And the offense will move the ball at will and then struggle in the end zone. That has been ever single game this year. No need for a game thread.

This game (check the title):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiDOMuhpqUo

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangx

Boone4280
October 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM

haha i mean, at least yall got 6 right!!! it is 6, isnt it??

Skjellyfetti
November 25th, 2009, 03:11 AM

Justin Lloyd All SoCon Freshman team!

http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=204839877

He'll be a great player and you'll look back at your comments made when he was a redshirt freshman and chuckle.