PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina at Liberty (Homecoming) Preview and Game Thread

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Since there isn't much banter going on on our respective sites about the actual GAME, I figured I would bring the talk here to let people who actually want to talk about the football aspect of the game have a say....

I think LU is the better team, but this game could go either way. If CCU gets the passing game going it could turn into a shootout. I don't think CCU's defense is as amazing as it seems, considering the level of play they've seen so far. And it's really tough to get a grip on how LU will do against the Big South based on their play so far...

Passing Offense for LU vs. Passing Defense for Coastal: Not sure on this one, but I will give a slight edge to Coastal, because of the lack of consistency in the LU Passing Game...

Rushing O for LU v. Rushing D for CCU: CCU did a pretty good job against VMI, but I'm not sure they're going to be able to do the same against us. We have a big, strong line, and multiple backs (and a couple QB's) who are all threats to run. I give LU the Advantage here.

Coastal Passing O v. Liberty Pass D: Advantage Coastal. Their QB is solid and LU's Pass D is inconsistent.

Coastal Rushing O v. Liberty Rush D: Push? I don't know if Coastal will try to/need to run, but if they do it will be with some, but limited success...

Special Teams: Advantage LIBERTY. We have a better punter, better kicker, and better coverage teams. This might be the difference in the game.

Liberty is at home, as well, which will be an advantage. Playing at Coastal is a tough task...

SuperJon
October 13th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I pretty much agree with everything there.

elcid83
October 13th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I'm excited to see Liberty get into Conference play to see what they really have. Good luck to both teams this weekend.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

SideLine Shooter
October 13th, 2009, 11:13 AM
The Flamers by 27. Bet the farm.

elcid83
October 13th, 2009, 12:21 PM

No way they win by that much. I think Coastal has a chance here.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

Pards Rule
October 13th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Go Flames - from your friends up north!!!

CarolinaGirl
October 13th, 2009, 01:33 PM

Ouch, Sideline. That wasn't very nice! :(
Why don't you think CCU has a chance in this game?

SideLine Shooter
October 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM

I'll bet Coach Bennett doesn't believe they have a chance. Do you?

bodoyle
October 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
As I mentioned on our site, if it comes down to special teams we are screwed. All we have is a good FG kicker. Our defense can be Top 15 all it wants, but when you can't punt more than 10 yards past the LOS atleast once a game it's hard to beat anyone.

SideLine Shooter
October 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
No way they win by that much. I think Coastal has a chance here.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

I'm sorry, I was wrong. They won by more!xlolxxlolxxlolx

SideLine Shooter
October 17th, 2009, 09:36 PM

I was trying to be nice and tell everyone how to make a little money.

Did anybody really think the beach chickens had any chance at all? xlolxxlolx

kirkblitz
October 17th, 2009, 09:37 PM
stop rubbing it in :(