PDA

View Full Version : In Chatty and bored to death.

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2005, 03:32 AM
it's 430am. if anyone pops online, i'm on aim (jilesworld is my sn) or send me a pm. really bored.

APPST '93
December 16th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Get some sleep. Tailgating starts @ 10:30.

Cocky
December 16th, 2005, 07:39 AM
it's 430am. if anyone pops online, i'm on aim (jilesworld is my sn) or send me a pm. really bored.

Start yelling for your team and wake up some people. Have a beer and some scambled eggs it's championship day.

LacesOut
December 16th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Well at least you're not at work and bored to death. Like me. And I'm sure some other posters.

newsbreaker
December 16th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Well at least you're not at work and bored to death. Like me. And I'm sure some other posters.

Gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day.

LacesOut
December 16th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day.

Not too LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG for me, being as which I will be leaving the office by 2 pm. Have off Monday also. Woo. Hoo.

GrizFamily
December 16th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Yes, I remember that phenomena from last years game. So keyed up for the game, but not really much to do but eat lunch and then dinner and jaw with some Griz fans. We even went looking for some JMU fans but couldn't find any. All we could find was this guy:

LacesOut
December 16th, 2005, 09:28 AM
So there is nothing to do there eh?? Just...............sit........................and. ....................wait..............for......... ........the....................tailgating......... ....................to............................ ......................start....................... .....then...........................the........... .................................................. .................................................. .................................GAME!!

bandl
December 16th, 2005, 09:54 AM
IS THERE A LIQUOR STORE, A BAR, OR A GROCERY STORE ANYWHERE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE?!?! IF SO...GO THERE AND PURCHASE ALCOHOL AND MAKE YOUR OWN FUN! ALCOHOL IS ENTERTAINING!!!!

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 09:56 AM
So there is nothing to do there eh?? Just...............sit........................and. ....................wait..............for......... ........the....................tailgating......... ....................to............................ ......................start....................... .....then...........................the........... .................................................. .................................................. .................................GAME!!

Should be resting up for the game and the celebration most of the night afterward.

LacesOut
December 16th, 2005, 09:58 AM
IS THERE A LIQUOR STORE, A BAR, OR A GROCERY STORE ANYWHERE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE?!?! IF SO...GO THERE AND PURCHASE ALCOHOL AND MAKE YOUR OWN FUN! ALCOHOL IS ENTERTAINING!!!!

Sure is. I'm still a little buzzed right now from last night. Har har har.

I could have sworn there were previous threads on AGS about things to do for the fans once you get down to Chatty. We need a local to chime in.

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2005, 10:36 AM
there's plenty to do, just not at 430, after you've been trying to sleep. :rolleyes:

December 16th, 2005, 10:40 AM
waa waa waa waa xlolx

Go...gate
December 16th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Do they have old programs? (I never got mine from 2003 and Colgate did not independently market them).

carney2
December 16th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I know how you feel. Spent a few months in Chattanooga one evening - visited both bars and saw all three women - still bored after all these years.

Just visited the ESPN homepage so that I could find out how to spell Chattanooga (whoda thunk: two "t's"!). Not one mention of tonight's game.

catbob
December 16th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I know how you feel. Spent a few months in Chattanooga one evening - visited both bars and saw all three women - still bored after all these years.

Just visited the ESPN homepage so that I could find out how to spell Chattanooga (whoda thunk: two "t's"!). Not one mention of tonight's game.

That is pathetic (not your spelling, espn.com)! I can't believe nowhere on the college FB page can you find anything about the game...

I tried to find an email address so I could complain but can't seem to find one...

griz37
December 16th, 2005, 03:14 PM
ESPN makes it virtually impossible to contact them by email. I wanted to write ask why they weren't doing Sonic Bowl Mania Challenge this year.

AppFootballAlum
December 16th, 2005, 03:16 PM
That is pathetic (not your spelling, espn.com)! I can't believe nowhere on the college FB page can you find anything about the game...

I agree, that sucks. The only place on the ESPN website that comes close to mentioning it is on the page where they are asking fans to vote - does IA football need a playoff system - pathetic

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/mailbagESPN?event_id=9295

catbob
December 16th, 2005, 03:17 PM
There is an article on Meyer winning the Payton, but that is it.

:asswhip: ESPN :asswhip:

ewu guy
December 16th, 2005, 03:20 PM
What gives? They have a link about Meyer winning the Payton, but no links for the championship game? Stuart Scott is on my s**t list. :mad:

LacesOut
December 16th, 2005, 04:41 PM
In the Wilmington, DE News Journal today, there was an AP article about the game. Didn't say anything any of us don't already know, except that the App State coach said the backup QB (can't remember his name) will be starting, not Williams.

mainejeff
December 16th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Until the game moves out of backwater Chattanooga, the title game will continue to be ignored by the national media and the nation's football fans.

JSU Fan
December 16th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Where would you suggest it be played?

Out.

Catmendue2
December 16th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Where would you suggest it be played?

Out.

FAMU would be a nice venue.

JSU Fan
December 16th, 2005, 10:18 PM
I can't see Tallahassee, but perhaps Orlando or Tampa.

Out.

mainejeff
December 16th, 2005, 10:22 PM
1. Orlando
2. Las Vegas

Tampa
San Antonio
Dallas
Atlanta
Charlotte
Memphis

JSU Fan
December 16th, 2005, 10:25 PM
I can't see Vegas, and the weather is always iffy in Charlotte in the winter but I could see the game in SA.

I'm afraid the game would get lost in the ATL.

Out.

grizbeer
December 16th, 2005, 10:45 PM
In the Wilmington, DE News Journal today, there was an AP article about the game. Didn't say anything any of us don't already know, except that the App State coach said the backup QB (can't remember his name) will be starting, not Williams.This was the story that was in the Missoulian today, probably the same one everywhere.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/sns-ap-fbc-i-aa-championship,0,1415813.story?coll=sns-ap-collegefb-headlines

I did think this quote was interesting:

"I've been coming here watching this championship game for seven or eight years, and I sit up there in the stands and say 'We can beat those guys,'" Moore said Thursday. "This is the first time we've had a chance to beat those guys."

uh, Coach, you had a chance to beat those guys every year, but you didn't get the job done. Way to disrespect every team that has been in the NC game for the last 7 or 8 years. :asswhip: