PDA

View Full Version : Portland State's unique situation

JALMOND
October 11th, 2009, 01:50 PM
No Duck game and no Beaver game this weekend. A golden opportunity for the Vikings this weekend as the only DI football program playing in the state of Oregon. We should get most of the press in Oregon, unless someone goes crazy in an Eugene nightclub or someone steals a sheep again. We also have a quality opponent coming to Portland in Northern Arizona so the Big Sky conference product should get some great exposure in Portland and across the state.

I always hear about, well we don't draw well for this game because the Ducks played at the same time, or everyone was heading to the Beavers game. This is our chance to be showcased in the state. What we do with it remains to be seen.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I would have loved to finish reading your post, Jal, but I have several times been stopped by the words, "steals a sheep."

GrizzlyBill
October 11th, 2009, 06:48 PM
No Duck game and no Beaver game this weekend. A golden opportunity for the Vikings this weekend as the only DI football program playing in the state of Oregon. We should get most of the press in Oregon, unless someone goes crazy in an Eugene nightclub or someone steals a sheep again. We also have a quality opponent coming to Portland in Northern Arizona so the Big Sky conference product should get some great exposure in Portland and across the state.

I always hear about, well we don't draw well for this game because the Ducks played at the same time, or everyone was heading to the Beavers game. This is our chance to be showcased in the state. What we do with it remains to be seen.

Apparently they're known for it. It's not the first time.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I doubt it'll mean much. For the MSU game, BYU and Utah State played on Friday and Utah was off and we managed 8000 or so.

techstate
October 11th, 2009, 07:07 PM

From my experience, the drive from Portland to the Oregon game is the real trip. Some of those duck fans go all out decorating their cars and everything. But as far as all the exposure going for the viking, you never know maybe Reed college will start a football team this week.xlolxxlolx But good luck with NAU.

OrygunBison
October 11th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry dude. If there is no Duck or Beavers game, people will just turn off the TV and you might have an extra 100 people at the game. It's a shame. Nobody cares about the Vikings here. Lack of competition won't help that.

I'd rather that it was different.

PhoenixSupreme
October 11th, 2009, 11:19 PM

Huhwhaaaa!!!! xconfusedxxchinscratchx