PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian St QB?

BigPapi
December 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Can Appalachian St fans give me an update as to the status of the QB? If he cant play how good is the back-up?

thanks

ASUMountaineer
December 15th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Can Appalachian St fans give me an update as to the status of the QB? If he cant play how good is the back-up?

thanks
Check this out... http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article=6243&fromPage=137

AppStateSVX
December 15th, 2005, 10:50 PM
for those who don't want the link. Richie didn't practice all week, and as of right now, Trey Elder is starting. Richie is listed as "game-time" decision, so in all likelyhood, he will play some tommorow, even if not for long. I thinkeither QB will perform great tommorow, and look forward to the game

Kill'em
December 16th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Elder doesn't look much like a real drop-off, except maybe mobility.

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2005, 12:49 AM
here's the good word from chatty.

Richie has a slight limp and will be starting tomorrow. i have heard this from multiple reliable neutral, asu and uni sources. :hurray:

personally i am excited that he is able to finish his senior season. great qb.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Elder doesn't look much like a real drop-off, except maybe mobility.

1. Mobility is a big one since Richie is one of the best running QB's in I-AA. Many of his long gains were planned runs rather than scrambling. he almost has 1000 yds ruching this year.
2. Richie is a senior with tons of starting experience. Has almost 10,000 yds to his credit.
3. One of the very lowest interception rates over his career in I-AA
4. Tremendous leadership ability.
5. Team confidence in Richie is outstanding.
6. Coolest of the cool under pressure.
7. Richie makes big plays even when the O line's protection breaks down.
8. Richie has worked with the receiving corps in hundreds of plays in game situations.
9. Richie is not an average QB, he is a Payton contender.

Not saying that Trey doesn't have these potentials, but hasn't had the exprerience yet to equal Richie in those categories yet.

Trey is a sophomore.

bandl
December 16th, 2005, 09:06 AM

Richie has a slight limp and will be starting tomorrow. i have heard this from multiple reliable neutral, asu and uni sources. :hurray:

Ralph said the same thing about Richie yesterday...he expects he'll start.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 09:07 AM

The fact that it is a tendon injury says it all. Has not practiced this week at ALL.
Still limping the day before the game pretty much says that if he starts he won't be near 100%. It may be a token start for a series or so.

A limping QB is like a bleeding dolphin is to the sharks.

Four straight weeks tacked on to the end of the season after a grueling conference grind, played with a roster cut by the NCAA even of scholarship players. Not to mention a shorter week to prepare for the National Championship game. Difficult to heal even the most minor injuries in that short time frame.
But this is major college football?

Kill'em
December 16th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I'm not a doctor, nor do I know his injury as well as y'all might. However, I think if this report is true then you may rest easy. In 2000 Adrian Peterson did not practice all week and was on crutches the entire week of the N.C. Game with turf toe. For anyone who has never had it, it can keep you from walking it is so painful. Well, he had a great game against Montana.

Long story short, if he plays, he will be alright. Best wishes to both teams. I can't wait to see it.

DemiGS
December 16th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I'm not a doctor, nor do I know his injury as well as y'all might. However, I think if this report is true then you may rest easy. In 2000 Adrian Peterson did not practice all week and was on crutches the entire week of the N.C. Game with turf toe. For anyone who has never had it, it can keep you from walking it is so painful. Well, he had a great game against Montana.

Long story short, if he plays, he will be alright. Best wishes to both teams. I can't wait to see it.

Wasn't that for the '99 YSU game?

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 10:15 AM

Turf toe, with rest, heals much faster than a tendon injury or even a ligament injury. A short week makes it even less likely than a Saturday game. If he was limping yesterday, it's not likely he'll be anywhere near 100% today. Doesn't mean he won't play, but may mean he shouldn't.

Appdad
December 16th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I'm not a doctor and I don't have any inside scoop.

I am sure Richie is in Coach Moore's ear about playing.

I sympathize with Coach Moore in telling Richie he can't play.

AppFootballAlum
December 16th, 2005, 10:54 AM
I'm not a doctor and I don't have any inside scoop.

I am sure Richie is in Coach Moore's ear about playing.

I sympathize with Coach Moore in telling Richie he can't play.

Yeah, but didn't you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night?

fufanatic
December 16th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Be careful App. In 2001 Louis Ivory tried to come back to soon from a knee injury. It was obvious he wasn't even close to 100%, and it hampered our running game severally. Many people think this is the reason why we lost to Montana. The question is, Do the coaches have the heart to sit Richie for the betterment of the team?

Appdad
December 16th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Be careful App. In 2001 Louis Ivory tried to come back to soon from a knee injury. It was obvious he wasn't even close to 100%, and it hampered our running game severally. Many people think this is the reason why we lost to Montana. The question is, Do the coaches have the heart to sit Richie for the betterment of the team?

That is what I was trying to say. It is a very tough decision. I would think that Coach Moore would bench Richie if there was any doubt about his long term health. I also think he would bench Richie if he felt Elder would move the team better.

I do know Richie was jumping around and putting pressure on it yesterday, though he did not participate in the walk through. He said he felt fine. What that really means, as a hopeful kid wanting to play, I don't know.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 02:12 PM
That is what I was trying to say. It is a very tough decision. I would think that Coach Moore would bench Richie if there was any doubt about his long term health. I also think he would bench Richie if he felt Elder would move the team better.

I do know Richie was jumping around and putting pressure on it yesterday, though he did not participate in the walk through. He said he felt fine. What that really means, as a hopeful kid wanting to play, I don't know.

Can he make the cuts and accelerate like he is know for? That is the question.

bcrawf
December 16th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I had the same injury in high schoo ( torn tendon) It is long term damage that is the problem. I came back and played two games and then I rolled it again and had to have surgury. I was headed to play D III football but it was a career ender! :mad: