PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Week 6

65 Pard
October 11th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Its looking like a 3 team race.....LC, Colgate and now HC have all been exposed as beatable teams....Who has the edge and why?

Pard94
October 11th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Nothing really changes in my mind. Whoever you thought had the egde last week can still certainly be thought of as front runners today.

It's going to come down to match ups and who playes to the best level of their ability when these three teams square off against each other.

Personally I think Lafayette matches up very well against Colgate and not as well against Holy Cross. Don't get me wrong though...I think any one of these teams can win the league. This has been a hell of an interesting season.

Incidentally, if we beat Harvard next week it will be the firt time in our history in the league that we have swept the Ivy League. That would be fun.

RichH2
October 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Impressions as of now xcoffeex, other than GU and BU,talent level is about equal among rest of the schools. Difference is going to be coaching and "difference makers" for each team.
Coaches Biddle, Tavani, Gilmore, Coen in that order.

HC has only major difference maker in Dom. Each of the rest have some excellent units and individuals but not at his level.
There are no complete teams this year. Each have flaws, leading me to believe that any one of the top 3 can win the PL, LU capable of winning some but O is too bad to really be in the hunt as of now.xmadx

S/b an interesting to see which will wind up as the big fish in our decreasingly smaller pond

carney2
October 11th, 2009, 08:58 AM
As we said back in August, all of the "contenders" are flawed. As someone said earlier on this tread, whatever opinions you had last week - well, nothing's changed. My personal opinions of the 5 teams tied for the lead at this point (in alphabetic order):

Bucknell - There are not enough acorns on the planet for these blind squirrels.

Colgate - Undefeated or not, they have not impressed.

Holy Cross - Randolph is the only difference maker in this league. Still the favorite.

Lafayette - Seem to have plugged more holes than anyone else.

Lehigh - Nothing to hope for but hope itself.

RichH2
October 11th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Yup, I'mgoing into wait tilnext year mode

DFW HOYA
October 11th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Having seen to all these schools save Colgate, I think Lafayette is the most balanced. If HC has a bad passing day, they can be taken.

Interesting point raised by the Lehigh announcers yesterday that I'll offer for comment: whatever the vagaries of PL scheduling, Georgetown's league games are essentially front-loaded whereas other teams are only now settling into league play. Despite being 0-4, Lehigh's win now gives it something to play for, whereas Georgetown's PL hopes, however meager, were done by the first of October. By next week, four schools will be playing their second conference game, by next week, Georgetown has only one PL game left this season.

Anyone know how and why the out of conference schedules are so unbalanced?

Fordham
October 11th, 2009, 10:49 AM
this was a rough week for the PL, pretty much eliminating any veneer of us not sucking overall as a group imo.

who will win? i still think that the defending champs have done nothing to remove them from the top of the heap until proven otherwise.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 11th, 2009, 12:37 PM
You have to put Colgate as the frontrunner, since undefeated is undefeated - and yet, it looks like they could be had. Same with HC. Lafayette, though I hate to say it, loos like they might have found more solutions to their issues than HC and 'Gate - plus they seem to match up real well with the 'Gate.

I'm quite willing to put the bullseye on Lafayette. They have the great defense, they have a scrappy leader on offense that just knows how to make plays, and their RB by committee is getting the job done. Lesser teams would have lost to Columbia last night, and they found a way to win that game. Momentum, really, is all Lafayette right now.